Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL 2K in the works???? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=87833)

Mizzou B-ball fan 11-21-2013 02:27 PM

NFL 2K in the works????

The guy at Hip Hop Gamer has confirmed that a small group of NFL players have already been scanned into 2K's Eco-Motion Engine, which powers the character models in NBA 2K games. Was also told by a 2K employee that the character models would 'blow Madden models out of the water' if created, though employee provided no confirmation of any work on a NFL 2K game.

EA's NFL agreement ends in 2014. Watch starting at 1:30 for information.

Julio Riddols 11-21-2013 02:52 PM

FUUUCK PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. At least make and release the game with editable rosters and fake players if you can't get the license.

Mizzou B-ball fan 11-21-2013 02:55 PM

There's a lot of talk that 2K may have done the scans as part of their presentation to the NFL to show them what can be done with their engine vs. the Madden engine. The current agreement ends in June 2014, so you'd think they have to be getting stuff ready already to bid for the license or a part of the license.

Kodos 11-21-2013 03:12 PM

Back when we had both, I preferred Madden, but having two options again would be FANTASTIC.

Julio Riddols 11-21-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2875390)
Back when we had both, I preferred Madden, but having two options again would be FANTASTIC.

Mostly because it would mean EA would have to really do some work on their game instead of just sucking all the time because no one can challenge their product.

Julio Riddols 11-21-2013 03:38 PM

It is funny to me that any arena they have competition in, they have totally been destroyed by their competition. Golf might be the only game they get right, but how fucking hard can it be to make a good golf sim?

EagleFan 11-21-2013 03:50 PM

PLEASE make this happen!!!!!

Eaglesfan27 11-21-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2875414)
PLEASE make this happen!!!!!

Plus infinity.

kcchief19 11-21-2013 04:18 PM

It's going to come down to money. The question is whether EA is willing to massively overpay to get the exclusive rights again. NFL seems to be in a good leverage position. Cannot imagine 2K will pay as much as EA is willing and able to pay for exclusive rights, but if you get the two of them to pay a lower price for non-exclusive rights, it should be more valuable to the NFL. Can't imagine EA walking away from the Madden, NCAA and Tiger Woods franchises within a year of each other, so they may have to take a deal.

Actually could be good for the gamer if EA pays less for rights and gets more freedom in return.

nilodor 11-21-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2875409)
It is funny to me that any arena they have competition in, they have totally been destroyed by their competition. Golf might be the only game they get right, but how fucking hard can it be to make a good golf sim?

I thought they won the hockey games by the end of the competition. I agree though, basketball they were killed (and apparently murdered now), baseball was ok but they had the inferior product, football was close, college basketball was close but they were a bit behind. Maybe they should make a long await curling sim?

Julio Riddols 11-22-2013 02:26 PM

There is a curling game on XBox Live indie games that is fun as hell. I wish more people played it. EA's curling sim would probably have serious issues like stones clipping through each other and pre-rendered animations screwing up the rhythm of the sweepers.

cartman 11-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2875942)
There is a curling game on XBox Live indie games that is fun as hell. I wish more people played it. EA's curling sim would probably have serious issues like stones clipping through each other and pre-rendered animations screwing up the rhythm of the sweepers.

Unless it comes with a Canadian Curling Association license, I want no part of it.

Julio Riddols 11-22-2013 02:44 PM

Haha, its pretty bare bones, but the physics feel right and it is incredibly fun to try and curl around someone and settle into that sweet spot where they can't do anything but throw a desperation shot which usually backfires on them or concede points. I had a 33-7 record on there in online play, but the amount of players slowed down to nothing not too long after the olympics ended.

I'm hoping they release a new version this year because curling is quickly becoming my favorite sport behind football.

nilodor 11-22-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2875952)
Haha, its pretty bare bones, but the physics feel right and it is incredibly fun to try and curl around someone and settle into that sweet spot where they can't do anything but throw a desperation shot which usually backfires on them or concede points. I had a 33-7 record on there in online play, but the amount of players slowed down to nothing not too long after the olympics ended.

I'm hoping they release a new version this year because curling is quickly becoming my favorite sport behind football.

Is there much curling on tv where you live? It's getting to be curling season here and it's always a terrible time sink if I happen upon it. Have you ever tried it in real life? It's a lot of fun and it's pretty sweet to make a nice draw around some other rocks to steal a point with the hammer.

SirFozzie 11-22-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2875942)

if it's the same curling Xbox Live indie game, I have it too. We'll have to play some time

britrock88 11-22-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilodor (Post 2876017)
Is there much curling on tv where you live? It's getting to be curling season here and it's always a terrible time sink if I happen upon it. Have you ever tried it in real life? It's a lot of fun and it's pretty sweet to make a nice draw around some other rocks to steal a point with the hammer.

3 games into my first season of organized play here and loving it. I tend to curl lead, and it's fun to overthrow a guard by a bit only to have it come to rest on the button. :)

Julio Riddols 11-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie (Post 2876115)
if it's the same curling Xbox Live indie game, I have it too. We'll have to play some time

I think it is the same game.. It's the only one I know of on there.

I need to pick up a copy for my current system, because when I played it before it was on a friends system.

Julio Riddols 11-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilodor (Post 2876017)

Unfortunately no. Winter Olympic curling is about all I get to see. It's really a sport that deserves more of a look. One of the perks is that the female curlers are generally hot as hell.. But the strategy of the game is awesome, while the level of skill and teamwork it requires also seems to be quite high. All the things I like in a sport. It's a nice mix of baseball and chess on ice while remaining a team sport.

Julio Riddols 11-23-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirFozzie (Post 2876115)

I think it is a dollar game too, we should get a bunch of folks here to grab it and start an FOF curling league.

Desnudo 11-23-2013 09:00 PM

My Player NFL would make me consider buying a next gen system