Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CLXVII - The Wheel of Time - Game Over (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90111)

The Jackal 04-01-2015 12:49 PM

And my vote for timmae right now is mildly half-hearted, but I was also kind of curious to see if it would spur any other movement. Bit early in the day for that, I guess.

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3015313)
Glen has checked in now but no sign of Raven still

Catching up a bit. This will be an odd day for me. I'll be around for a few hours, but then I'm hosting a gameday so will have limited involvement while folks are here.

Now I'll read on.

Grover 04-01-2015 12:56 PM

UNVOTE britrock

While I am still suspicious of him originally jumping on me because everyome jumped off of me on day one, I'm going to take the placeholder vote away for now.

Coffee Warlord 04-01-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3015468)
And my vote for timmae right now is mildly half-hearted, but I was also kind of curious to see if it would spur any other movement. Bit early in the day for that, I guess.

Nah, I was already the trendsetter, with my earlier comments generating two quick votes on Grover (neither of them mine).

Narcizo 04-01-2015 01:27 PM

Cuh! fonti's changed the lingo round here with her unnatural Mafia- playing ways? It's wolf and village everybody, not scum and town!

path12 04-01-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3015486)
Cuh! fonti's changed the lingo round here with her unnatural Mafia- playing ways? It's wolf and village everybody, not scum and town!

Ha, I always do a quick double take with that as well.

Narcizo 04-01-2015 01:31 PM

Welp I'm not fantastically enamoured with my Brit vote at the moment but I'm not sure where else to go. I've got a bit over an hour to go but I won't leave my vote hanging by itself.

path12 04-01-2015 01:33 PM

I don't love reading too much into day 1 votes but am looking at the last three on EF. And of those, the unvote of Grover/vote of EF right after I'd put Grover in the lead is the one that bothers me the most.

VOTE THE JACKAL

Not wedded to this and very well may change as the day progresses......especially since he's been helpful in the story background today.

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 01:35 PM

So by my reading of the thread I'm a bit torn.

I could see voting for Grover because if he's a bad guy we get some info.
Or
voting for The Jackal because EF thought it was a good idea and he was our seer, although he likely didn't have a chance to see anything.
My gut is to Britrock, but in my very limited WW experience, my wild ass hunches have amounted to zero.

I'm going to review the vote tracking once more and then I'll get officially on the voting board.

timmae 04-01-2015 01:43 PM

Ok, read back through from the start and here are my thoughts/reads (my notes to myself in parenthesis):

Slight Good – Chief Rum (asking game set questions, weird vote by default early (-), straight reads about gameplay (ef vote)), Path12 (some gameplay questions, good tone overall), Narc (reviewing ruleset and adding thoughts/feedback, hunting), Coffee (good tone, providing thoughts, reading ruleset)

Neutral – Vaimes (early votes both days on me without any explanation, no game reads or thoughts), Raven (no posts other than his arrival), Cheeki (active, trying to read into action/votes, ok tone), Glen (no posts other than his arrival today)

Slight Evil - Britrock (first vote on EF as meta, no other posts day 1), Grover (D1 meta vote, jackal voting pattern, not much content in posts, tone is off), Jackal (unvoted grover after Path added his vote to LL grover, (slight +) for insight into ruleset and gameplay), Zinto (active posts but odd end of day voting), Martin (vote to consolidate as a reasoning, no reads/thoughts)

vote grover

Need to hear more from vaimes, raven and glen though.

Grover 04-01-2015 01:46 PM

My tone is off? Hmm..

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 01:58 PM

On the game state, we're down a seer and Aes Sedai(brown Ajah).

I'm gathering that the warders are somewhat like body guards, possibly only for their sister. Also guessing that they would be somehow limited in their protection.

We've also lost a Tairen who was also a Tinker. I'm thinking that the Tinker and Way of the Leaf goal was an alternate path to winning for the Tinker.

What do we know about the items in play?

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 01:59 PM

Also
VOTE The Jackal

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 02:02 PM

I should also add that I was feeling good about throwing a vote to Cheekimonk because of some of the vote movements yesterday. But after looking back, I see the move to EF and sticking there as a push for a day 1 lynch, which I'm seeing as a good positive indicator

Narcizo 04-01-2015 02:13 PM

This day looks like it might boil down to a Jackal-Grover showdown. I don't like either choice at the moment. I guess wolf-Jackal would post lots of book-related stuff to play friendly wolf but I'm not seeing much on either to warrant narrowing things down.

Grover 04-01-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3015507)
This day looks like it might boil down to a Jackal-Grover showdown. I don't like either choice at the moment. I guess wolf-Jackal would post lots of book-related stuff to play friendly wolf but I'm not seeing much on either to warrant narrowing things down.

I have to agree with you on the second sentence.

Glengoyne 04-01-2015 02:33 PM

I admit that I don't have anything to go on regarding jackal. Just a touch more willing to vote for jackal than Grover.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glengoyne (Post 3015491)
voting for The Jackal because EF thought it was a good idea and he was our seer, although he likely didn't have a chance to see anything.

I'm to the point where I'm not buying this argument at all. If you want to vote for me because my move from Grover to EF doesn't look great, I get it. I can tell you that it was always my intention to move off Grover, and it sucks that it ended up being a seer who waited until the last minute of the day to reveal.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:35 PM

That last post was more to indicate, if I do go down, look at the people who are using spurious reasoning to inflate a reasonable candidate based on vote history.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:38 PM

Realizing that it could put me at risk, I'm happy to let you know that I'm an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. I'm here to ensure that the world does not end, either at the hands of the shadow or a dragon who has gone insane with power.

Zinto 04-01-2015 02:39 PM

I agree that we shouldn't be narrowed in on two at this point in the day so I will....

Zinto 04-01-2015 02:39 PM

Vote Brit

Zinto 04-01-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3015517)
Realizing that it could put me at risk, I'm happy to let you know that I'm an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. I'm here to ensure that the world does not end, either at the hands of the shadow or a dragon who has gone insane with power.

Interesting. Based on the books I had the Red pegged as the most likely to be the place for the black to hide but I doubt Autumn and Shoveler would make it that easy for us.

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Hrm...

UNVOTE THE JACKAL

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

EF was Aes Sedai, too. Not sure what that means, but interested to know the implications here.

Zinto 04-01-2015 02:44 PM

I don't necessarily think everyone should be jumping off Jackal because of his reveal. There is still a chance he is in the black ajah.

Narcizo 04-01-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Isn't that a bit early for a reveal? Not that it would be particularly wolfy to reveal early. Then again my interpretation of the rules is that a reveal doesn't actually mean much, unfortunately - it's perfectly possible for you to be Red Ajah AND of the shadow, right?

Anyway Zinto has saved me having to move my vote so I shan't. Yay!

Grover 04-01-2015 02:47 PM

Anyone have a vote update?

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 3015524)
I don't necessarily think everyone should be jumping off Jackal because of his reveal. There is still a chance he is in the black ajah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3015525)
Then again my interpretation of the rules is that a reveal doesn't actually mean much, unfortunately - it's perfectly possible for you to be Red Ajah AND of the shadow, right?

Correct, for all you know I could be Black Ajah - but we don't know that that's in the game (although I've speculated it is, because it'd be fun and appropriate) - but I'm not. So, end of the day my reveal isn't anything earth shattering. Just wanted to be forthright, because I know my vote yesterday looks shitty.

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Definitely a possibility. But for now, I'm content to jump off and re-assess.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:50 PM

And if any of the Aes Sedai has the ability to scan for Black Ajah, which I kind of feel like is a real possibility, scan away!

path12 04-01-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

UNVOTE THE JACKAL

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:51 PM

So, The Jackal, what powers do you have which would allow you to achieve your goal?

path12 04-01-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Maybe, but I can always go back later. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for now.

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3015530)
And if any of the Aes Sedai has the ability to scan for Black Ajah, which I kind of feel like is a real possibility, scan away!

I believe we might have lynched him yesterday.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015535)

I feel like that scan might have been darkfriend specific (all Black Ajah are darkfriends, but not all darkfriends are Black Ajah), but you are probably right.

Zinto 04-01-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015535)

Yeah none of the other Ajah role descriptions stand out to me as being a seer.

Narcizo 04-01-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015533)
So, The Jackal, what powers do you have which would allow you to achieve your goal?

Not sure that needs to be answered - I don't see how that knowledge would benefit the side of light.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015533)

Channeling. :D

I don't have any specifically called out powers that will help combat the shadow, unfortunately.

Narcizo 04-01-2015 02:56 PM

unvote Brit
Vote cheeki

Just as guilty of taking the easy route and hasn't explained like Brit did.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3015539)
Not sure that needs to be answered - I don't see how that knowledge would benefit the side of light.

The shadow should fear any Aes Sedai.

path12 04-01-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 3010743)

There are 5 Aes Sedai characters in the game. Each has a different ability depending on their Ajah.

There is exactly 1 Forsaken in the game, and a number of Black Ajah and Darkfriends.

So if I read this right there is one each of the color Ajah's but multiple Black Ajah's? Or just some particular number but not necessarily multiple?

Does a Black Ajah have to be Aes Sedai?

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 3015539)

It might help us determine if he is telling the truth or not, or he might be able to demonstrate one of these powers.

If he is not Shadow, he is likely dead anyway, unless he has some powers that make him hard to kill.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 3015545)
So if I read this right there is one each of the color Ajah's but multiple Black Ajah's? Or just some particular number but not necessarily multiple?

The Black Ajah wouldn't be separate - if it was in the game, one of the sisters in the regular Ajah's would also be Black Ajah. Essentially, appearing to be one of the Red/Blue etc, but truthfully serving the shadow behind the scenes.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015546)
If he is not Shadow, he is likely dead anyway, unless he has some powers that make him hard to kill.

:cool:

Chief Rum 04-01-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 3015545)

I think a Black Ajah is an Aes Sedai who has chosen to follow the Shadow. They will have another "good" color as well, though. So being a Sedai of a particular color isn't necessarily proof they are not Shadow.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 03:05 PM

I probably should have held off on the reveal because it puts a target on me, but hey, lynching me is a waste of time and I don't exactly see other strong candidates based on what little history we have. Wanted to get discussion going on others as early as I could.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 03:06 PM

Plus, as you can see, nothing in my reveal would be earth shattering enough to convince a bunch of people to change close to deadline, if I ended up finding myself in that situation.

path12 04-01-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3015551)
I think a Black Ajah is an Aes Sedai who has chosen to follow the Shadow. They will have another "good" color as well, though. So being a Sedai of a particular color isn't necessarily proof they are not Shadow.

OK. So if that is the case if there isn't a counter to his Red Ajah claim that doesn't mean he can't be Black as well. That helps me, thanks.

The Jackal 04-01-2015 03:08 PM

unvote timmae
vote cheeki