Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   HM3 post Dec 11th patch. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56073)

14ers 01-13-2007 12:07 AM

HM3 post Dec 11th patch.

Anyone out there still playing this game?

Seems the developer has really changed the challenge of the game with this patch. I am currently not have any luck at all on the Hollywood Mogul level. All my movies seem to lose around $50 million.

Any advice?

Deattribution 01-13-2007 01:00 AM

I found the game too random for my taste. No matter how well you did everything when creating a film, the result seemed to just completely be a number thrown up there. No reason why it failed, or why it succeed, or why it did average - it just did.

It just wasn't fun. He added so much in terms of what you could do to make a movie with absolutely no new incenitive for doing it (less IMO).

path12 01-13-2007 12:19 PM

I also have been having trouble making money post patch, but I think it's just a matter of playing around with it some more. I don't find it random necessarily, but there seems to be a LOT more variables to take into account.

Cuckoo 01-13-2007 12:32 PM

I just don't find it all that enjoyable. Many of the small things that made the previous version fun are either gone or hidden within so much micromanagement. I've lurked around the HM3 forum a bit and have seen the developer get pretty touchy about some comments/suggestions - kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm still holding out hope that once a lot of the user-created databases are complete I'll be able to get into it again.

Deattribution 01-13-2007 12:42 PM

Yeah, he already pulled out the 'I created the game I wanted and released it just incase anyone wanted to play it' response. If he had been a little more receptive to some other ideas I think I'd of been more interested. Then again, I had already puchased the game, so it doesn't matter much now.

JonInMiddleGA 01-13-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deattribution (Post 1356381)
Then again, I had already puchased the game, so it doesn't matter much now.

Kind of what I've been thinking myself.

I thought it'd be a lot more entertaining than it turned out to be, my fault for having those expectations. Oh well, live & learn.

Barkeep49 01-13-2007 12:49 PM

Wow. I'm really glad that I held off buying this one. I had really enjoyed HM2, but it sounds like HM3 isn't nearly as much fun. Too bad since it had some features which looked great on paper.

path12 01-13-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuckoo (Post 1356377)
I just don't find it all that enjoyable. Many of the small things that made the previous version fun are either gone or hidden within so much micromanagement. I've lurked around the HM3 forum a bit and have seen the developer get pretty touchy about some comments/suggestions - kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm still holding out hope that once a lot of the user-created databases are complete I'll be able to get into it again.

I had the first two versions, IIRC he's always kind of been that way.

Pumpy Tudors 01-13-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1356395)
I had the first two versions, IIRC he's always kind of been that way.

Ever since the original Hollywood Mogul was out, Carey's been that way. Honestly, I almost didn't purchase just because I feared the same type of response from him, but I went and did it anyway. Now, I agree that the game isn't as fun as I had hoped, and his attitude hasn't changed.

I've got to say, though, that it's still been a far, far, far better experience than EA NFL Head Coach.