Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Manchester United - The Continuing Quest for the Quadruple (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=40184)

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 03:51 PM

Manchester United - The Continuing Quest for the Quadruple

Greetings to everyone reading this. This is the electronic journal of Christopher Engles.

I'm a 40 year old manager who is considered something of a phenom. I started out my first season of managing professional football at Harrogate Town in the English Conference North back when I was 29. During my first season, I didn't know if I was going to make it through to a second. We had some rocky games in that first season. Fortunately, I showed enough improvement in the 2nd half of the season, that they gave me a chance to come back for another season. You can read about my first season as manager in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=32963

In my second season as manager, I really developed a system and brought in some good talent. Thanks to their play, I managed to help Harrogate win promotion from the English Conference North. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33340

In my third season, we continued to gather talent and we continued to win. We won the English Conference National Title and were promoted to League Two. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=33908

In my fourth season, after some early struggles, the team adapted to League Two play and we went on a tear in the second half of the season. Thanks to our hot play, we won the English League Two Title and were promoted to League One. You can read about that season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=34430

In my fifth season, I had to make a very hard decision. The team was struggling in League One as the board had continued to refuse to expand the stadium over the years. We were losing money. We didn't have the money to keep our top players. We were floundering. My status was very high and I was being offered several high profile jobs because of what I had done with Harrogate. I made the hard decision to leave Harrogate in midseason and I moved to Wigan. I suddenly had massive amounts of money. I sent some of it to Harrogate Town for a few of my favorite players. You can read about my fifth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=35300

In my sixth season, I managed to bring in some potent talent to Wigan via Bosman signings. Thanks to that talent, we won the English Championship with a 99 point season in which we had 30 wins, 9 draws, and 7 losses. I was glad to see that my new system worked nicely at this higher talent level. You can read about my sixth season in this thread:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36645

Then, in my seventh season, I knew that Wigan would have a hard time staying in the EPL and I also knew that Manchester United had a coaching vacancy. It took well over a month, but just before league play started Manchester United approached me and offered me the manager's job. I felt bad leaving Wigan after only a year and a half, but this was the golden ring I had been trying to reach. I quickly took the job. I had moderate to good success in my seventh season as I brought in a few very talented players, including wonderkids Adriano and Craig King. We also brought in the very talented Stewart Downing at left wing. As a result, we improved from the previous finish of 5th place to a 2nd place team. You can read about the seventh season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=36968

In my eighth season, we enjoyed great success. We had an early battle with Chelsea for the EPL lead. Eventually, our offense really started popping. Wayne Rooney had his best season ever as a Red Devil. Our defense came together. We won the EPL Title. We also won the English Cup Title. However, we fell short of the quadruple and lost in the final of the Champions League and the English FA Cup. Those were both disappointing losses. A developing story all year long was Wayne Rooney's dissatisfaction that I would not let him go to Milan or another "more prestigious club" that made huge offers for him. You can read about the eighth season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37396

In my ninth season, the big question going in was if I would be able to sign Wayne Rooney or if I would have to sell him. Fortunately, just before I was about to sell him, I managed to sign Rooney to a new deal. Behind the dynamic duo of Wayne Rooney and Adriano at striker, along with a solid defense we finished 1st in the EPL for a second straight year. Perhaps, more importantly, we won the Champions League for my first time as a manager.

Read all about the 9th season here:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/...ead.php?t=37735

In my 10th season, things had settled down. We had Rooney under a long term contract and our offense looked set. However, our defense had questions as Lucio and Rio Ferdinand were aging. Also, Wes Brown was aging and losing his skills. Would these guys be able to hold on for one more season? Would my replacements such as Salva, Marchetti, and Cahais step up? I gradually started the phasing out of Lucio and Ferdinand but they both played in some key games. However, Salva and Marchetti generally did well and proved they can play on this level. Also, we had an explosive offense led by Wayne Rooney who had his best year ever for me with 36 goals and 14 assists in 36 starts. I also saw the surprising developing of Antonio Ortega and Carlos Godoy. We did well and we won the EPL Title for the third straight year. However, we faltered in the quarterfinals of the Champions League and we only pulled off a double. We want.. no we need to build on that success and do better next season. Oh yeah, I helped guide England to one their best World Cup Finishes in a long time. There was a suprising villian that ended our run.

You can read about my 10th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ead.php?t=38819

My 11th season was the season that finally saw me drop Rio Ferdinand from the active playing list. Also, we saw Lucio, Cristian Chivu, Wes Brown, and Zdenek Grygera all get phased out of the playing rotation. Newcomer Mark van den Boogaart had one of the best years I've ever seen out of a right back. However, I knew that he was only a stop gap for 2-3 years and I was actively searching for a young right back all year long. Unfortunately, I never found one worth signing. I relied on Wayne Rooney and Adriano more than ever in part due to injuries to Craig King and James McFadden, and also because James McFadden is slowly starting to lose his abilities. We faltered towards the end of the season and had a disappointing 2nd place finish in the EPL. That loss cost us our first triple. Read about our 11th season here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=39668

Now, I enter into my 12th season. I have a few goals. Add some youth to the striker position. I'm already finishing up negotiations with a player (which will unfortunately count against this year's transfer budget.) I'm also looking for youth at right back and I have a definite target that just became apparent. I'm also unsure if Marchetti or Cahais is a great centreback and might choose to bring in another centreback to play alongside Salva more regularly. This is the season where I want to add more depth in the defensive line and finally complete the quadruple.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 03:59 PM

June 22, 2015 -

Due to overflowing coffers, the board have announced dividends totalling 42 million will be paid to the shareholders. Needless to say, they are delighted.

We have signed a new 5 year sponsorship deal worth 14.5 million dollars which is slightly higher than our old deal.

Due to our excellent financial position, the board has given me a 55 million dollar transfer budget!

The board expects us to win the EPL thanks to my big transfer budget this year.

Adriano, Mark van den Boogaart, and Jeroen Schreurs have been called up by their countries to play in the Confederations Cup. I'll also be calling on Rooney, King, Downing, and Ferdinand to be on the England squad.

I mentioned that I've found a good young right back. Aston Villa has Chris Miller, a 18 year old phenom right back. They just rejected an 18 million dollar offer for him. I'm countering with 20 million now.

Hertha BSC has sold Michael Oswald to me for 12.5 million dollars. Oswald is a 20 year old striker/attacking midfielder who already appears highly skilled. His agent attracted my attention earlier this summer with a videotape of Oswald absolutely dominating in a Germany U21 match in which he scored 6 goals in the game! I'm glad to have Oswald adding some youth to my AMC/striker position.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:07 PM

June 24, 2015 -

Today I coach England in a match against Uruguay in the Confederations Cup. Uruguay has a talented team with Enzo Giovanni Scorze and Fabian Estoyanoff being a pair of dangerous strikers. Horacio Peralta is a skilled right winger. Ruben Ariel Olivera is a playmaker at left wing. The defense is some what weak and their keeper, Gustavo Munua, is 37 and somewhat slow. We should be able to score a few goals against them.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Paul Robinson
DL: Billy Jones
DC: Robert Morris
DC: John Terry
DR: Glen Johnson
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Nigel Reo-Coker
MC: Jermaine Jenas
MR: Christopher Eagles
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Craig King

S1: Paul Lancaster
S2: Steve Turner
S3: Shaun Wright-Phillips
S4: Mark Tucker
S5: Rio Ferdinand
S6: Jamie Cook
S7: Luke Moore

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:25 PM

27 minute mark: Scorza gets the ball left of the box.. centers it to Javier Ernesto Chevanton.. he outjumps Terry.. heads it.. upepr left corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

36 minute mark: Reo-Coker steals the ball 30 yards out... fires a pass into the box.. Rooney has it.. 10 yards out.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1. That is Rooney's 70th career goal for England!

Halftime: 1-1 tie.

51 minute mark: Rooney left of the box.. sharp pass to the center of the box.. Reo-Coker with a diving header.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Jenas with a very bad game. I put Cook on for him. Eagles with a bad game. I put Wright-Phillips on for him.

80 minute mark: Chevanton shoots from 20 yards out.. Robinson misplays the ball... it hits the crossbar.. Terry saves a goal by clearing it just before the striker gets to it.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We were outshot 17-8 (5-4 on target in our favor)

Reo-Coker wins MoM, 8 for form, 16 of 23 passes, 1 key pass, 5 of 8 tackles, 6 of 13 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 assist.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:30 PM

June 25, 2015 -

Aston Villa rejected my 20 million dollar offer for Chris Miller. I offer them 25 million now for this talented youngster.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:36 PM

June 26, 2015 -

Today we play Holland in a match which some experts are predicting we will lose. Holland has a very talented team. Jeroen Schreurs is considered the star of the team at right wing. Jerry Holmes is a 27 year old striker who is a dynamic player that is considered one of the best strikers in the world. However, he is questionable for this match. Mark van den Boogaart plays centreback for this team, and he is doing so very well. Maarten Stekelenburg has been a rock in goal. Stefan De Weerd has played great at the attacking midfield position. Rafael van der Vaart is still an effective midfielder. They have good talent at every position.

Holland are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 70's.

GK: Paul Lancaster (Robinson has been too disappointing)
DL: Steve Turner
DC: Billy Jones
MC: Nigel Reo-Coker
MR: Shaun Wright-Phillips
SC: Mark Tucker
SC: Luke Moore

S1: Paul Robinson
S2: Jamie Cook
S3: Jermain DEfoe
S4: Rio Ferdinand
S5: John Terry
S6: John Hall
S7: Wayne Rooney

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:52 PM

13 minute mark: Korsten with a blast from 20 yards out.. Lancaster with a confident save.

20 minute mark: Morris witha long pass to Tucker.. he heads it to Moore.. Moore shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

30 minue mark: The defense shuts Moore down once again in the box.

32 minute mark: Boogaart shuts down Moore again. Tucker is getting him great opportunities, but Boogaart is closing them down quickly.

42 minute mark: van der Vaart passes to Schreurs in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Lancaster dives... tips it over the bar.

44 minute mark: Wright-Phillips centers it for Moore.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Tucker with the rebound.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

46 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to De Weerd just outside the box.. he dribbles past Morris.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. Lancaster dives.. it is past him :( GOAL. Down 1-0.

53 minute mark: Reo-Coker crosses it to the far post.. Tucker heads it.. over the bar.

60 minute mark: Hall on for Downing, Rooney on for Tucker, and Defoe on for Moore. I also tell the offense to open it up.

70 minute mark: Hall with a corner to the near post.. Rooney heads it.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar.

79 minute mark: Boogaart stops a Rooney breakway.

Game over. 1-0 loss :(

We were outshot 11-10 (7-5 on target)

Paul Lancaster won MoM for his 6 saves, 6 of 16 passes. 9 for form.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 04:54 PM

Post Match Info:

Wayne Rooney's 126 caps is the most of any English Player ever! (At least according to the game.)

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:04 PM

June 27, 2015 -

Jamie Cook has request that I transfer list him. I don't want to see him go, even though has disappointed me at times, and has subsequently not gotten as much PT as either of us would like. However, I still see him as a key fixture in our midfield in the near future. I accept his request, but will be asking for a HUGE amount of money for him. In the meantime, I hope to convince him to rescind his request in the future.

Adriano had the lone goal for Brazil in their 1-0 win over Japan.

June 28, 2015 -

Rio Ferdinand just announced his retirement effective immediately! Oops, I guess I can't start him in todays Confederations Cup as I planned.

Aston Villa have rejected my 25 million dollar offer for Chris Miller. They have countered by asking for Stewart Downing, Chris Taylor, and 10% of next sale!

It's an interesting offer. Downing is starting to slip a bit, but he hasn't slipped that much.... He probably has 2 more years of being very effective. Taylor is a very good keeper, but not an elite one and I doubt he will ever start for me regularly. Downing is a fan favorite, and ultimately that is the final reason that I have to turn this deal down.

I reject it and offer 30 million for Miller plus 10% of next sale.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:12 PM

June 28, 2015 -

Today we play Australia in the final Confederations Cup Group Match. Holland beat Uruguay 1-0 earlier in the day. As a result, this match against Australia will determine who advances to the next round. Whoever wins, advances. If it is a tie, that will make for a messy tie breaker. Australia has a relatively weak team. Their best keeper is out injured. Their only true star player is Scott Gillett a left back who is a good 26 year old defender.

We are 1-2 favorites.

GK: Paul Lancaster
DL: Billy Jones
DC: David Evans
MC: Jamie Cook
MC: Nigel Reo-Cooker

S2: Robert Morris
S3: John Hall
S4: Luke Moore
S5: Shaun Wright-Phillips
S6: Jermaine Jenas
S7: Craig King

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:29 PM

19 minute mark: Cook with a diagonal pass into the middle of the box.. Tucker heads it.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They are keeping 9 men back most of the time.. thwarting our attack.

59 minute mark: Downing shoots from 25 yards out.. curving shot.. upper left corner.. just wide left.

60 minute mark: King on for Tucker. I tell the offense to play much more aggressively taking risks.

I can't believe we are playing so lackadiscal now. This is a must win match.

65 minute mark: Glen Johnson gets a yellow card for a trip on Stephen Brown.

73 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Cook shoots the rebound.. the keeper dives.. saves that as well.

81 minute mark: Wright-Phillips on for Eagles and Moore on for Cook.

85 minute mark: Wright-Phillips with a pass into the box.. he lead Rooney too far.. it goes over the endline.

87 minute mark: Jones with a long pass to King who heads it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. over the bar.

90 minute mark: Rooney passes to King in the box... Patrick Frigo tackles King from behind.. and ends up sending the ball past the keeper.. into the goal! Own goal for Frigo! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

92 minute mark: Terry with a long pass to King in the box.. King shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. misses it! GOAL!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 13-2 (5-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM with a 9 for form, 20 of 26 passes, 4 key passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 5 fouls drawn.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:42 PM

June 29, 2015 -

Adriano had the only goal for Brazil in their 1-0 win over Nigeria.

We will play Brazil in the Confederations Cup Semi Final :(

The match will be played on July 2nd.

July 1, 2015 -

Zdenek Grygera has retired effective immediately :)

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager. Our new striker/midfielder should be here soon :)

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:51 PM

July 1st, 2015 -

Aston Villa have accepted my offer for Chris Miller!

He is requesting a contract of 4 years, 1 million dolllar signing bonus, and 28,500/week. I agree to his request. He also wants a 15% annual raise which I agree to as well.

Sunderland have signed Souleymane Mamam from me on a free transfer.

Michael Oswald has arrived from Hertha BSC! :)

Hertha fans are upset that this top rated youngster was unncessarily sold for such a cheap price.

Alan Smith's contract has expired and I've let him go on a free transfer. The 34 year old striker has lost much of his technical ability.

Cristian Chivu's contract has expired. He has lost his footspeed, and I let the 34 year old defender go on a free transfer.

Anthony Morris a 21 year old striker, has been let go from my reserve system due to failure to progress in training.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 05:58 PM

July 2, 2015 -

Today we play Brazil in the Semi Final of the Confederations Cup in what should be a very challenging match. Brazil has a very talented team led by star striker Adriano (my Adriano.) Nilmar is also a very good striker. Left winger Nelio is still very fast and very skilled at the age of 31. Luis Carlos and Andre Bahia are playing great at centreback. Bruno is a dynamic 28 year old keeper who has very good reflexes and is technically sound.

Brazil are 6-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 80's.

GK: Paul Lancaster
DL: Steve Turner
MC: Billy Jones (Reo-Coker is hurt)

S2: Luke Moore
S3: John Hall
S4: Jermain Defoe
S5: David Evans
S6: Shaun Wright-Phillips
S7: Craig King

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 06:22 PM

5 minute mark: Uilliam trips Downing.. just outside the box.. Downing takes the free kick.. shoots it through a crack in the wall.. it curves.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

26 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner... the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

29 minute mark: Fabricio dribbles into the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Lancaster dives.. catches it!

45 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it cleanly.

Halftime: Up 1-0.

Evans on for Jones who is having a bad game.

62 minute mark: Fabricio passes it to Adriano in the box.. Terry blocks it.

68 minute mark: Nilmar passes to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. over the bar.

72 minute mark: Defoe on for Tucker.

80 minute mark: Daniel crosses the ball to Adriano by the near post.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1 match :(

88 minute mark: Long range shot from Adriano.. Lancaster saves it.

90 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney left of the box.. sharp cross.. Jenas with a diving header inside the 6 yard box.. over the bar.

End of regulation. 1-1 tie.

97 minute mark: Lancaster stops a long range shot from Diego.

Halftime of extra time.

King on for Jenas (mainly because Jenas is a bad PK taker, and King is a very good one.)

113 minute mark: Adriano with a long range shot.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives.. catches it.

122 minute mark: Eagles with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Defoe heads it.. the keeper blocks it... Downing shoots the rebound.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1. Downing with the dramatic last second goal!!!! Downing has 2 goals for the game.

Game over. 2-1 win :)

They outshot us 26-8 (12-7 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 29 of 33 passes, 3 key passes, 1 of 6 tackles, 4 of 13 headers, 3 interceptions, 13 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.

Lancaster had a 9 for form.

DeToxRox 06-26-2005 06:25 PM

Good thing you didn't get rid of Downing .. You owe him for that one :)

Miller sounds damn exciting, and it seems like you got him on the cheap considering what they countered previous .. or am I off on that observation

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 06:35 PM

Post Match Info:

Holland beat Nigeria 4-3 in extra time to win the other semi-final. We will play Holland in the Confederations Cup Final on July 5th.

July 4, 2015 -

Darn :( Carlos Queiroz has retired from football. The guy has been an EXCELLENT Assistant manager and he will be hard to replace. I'll start my search immediately.

Chris Miller accepted my contract offer. He is ecstatic to have joined such an illustrious club.

I've kept a list of possibilities, and I decide to approach Sevilla manager Antonio Alvarez. Antonio is a 56 year old who is well respected throughout the football world. He wants 19,000/week which I agree to. I will also have to compensate Sevilla 1.8 million which I'm willing to do.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Good thing you didn't get rid of Downing .. You owe him for that one :)

Miller sounds damn exciting, and it seems like you got him on the cheap considering what they countered previous .. or am I off on that observation

Well as far as face value, Downing is worth 21 million and Taylor is worth 5 million. So the cash is more, but Downing is really worth more than 21 million. As he just showed, he is one of the best left wingers in the world :)

However, he is starting to fade. What is even worse is that my scouts are starting to see Rooney fading (just a bit, but still it is worrying.)

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 06:40 PM

July 5, 2015 -

Today we play Holland in the Confederations Cup Final. Holland has the same stars as our last match against them recently.

Interestingly, we are 6-4 favorites now.

GK: Lancaster
DL: Turner
DC: Morris
DC: Terry
DR: Johnson
ML: Downing
MC: Jenas
MC: Reo-Coker
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney
SC: King

S1: Robinson
S2: Evans
S3: Cook
S4: Moore
S5: Jones
S6: Wright-Phillips
S7: Tucker

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 07:15 PM

5 minute mark: Long pass from Lancaster to Eagles.. Eagles heads the ball to king.. he dribbles into the box.. the keeper comes out to challenge him.. King chips it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

8 minute mark: Terry starts the counterattack.. long pass to King.. King passes to Rooney.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots to the lower left corner.. past the keeper.. it hits the left goal post.

21 minute mark: Terry passes to Rooney who heads it to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: De Weerd passes to Sneijder just outside the box.. he shoots.. powerful shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL. 1-1 match.

28 minute mark: Boogaart stops a Rooney breakaway.

52 minute mark: Eagles gets a yellow card for tripping Niesing.

72 minute mark: Rooney is exhausted. I put Tucker on for him. Cook on for Jenas as well due to his exhaustion.

80 minute mark: King gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Boogaart.

End of regulation. 1-1 tie.

92 minute mark: Boogaart stops a Tucker breakaway.

93 minute mark: Long pass from De Vogel to Collins John in the 6 yard box.. he heads the ball.. upper left corner.. Lancaster dives.. misses it. GOAL. Down 2-1.

100 minute mark: Nigel de Jong gets a yellow card for tripping Cook.

Halftime of extra time. Down 2-1.

106 minute mark: Downing passes to Tucker in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

110 minute mark: Glen Johnson passes it long to King in the box.. he fakes out Boogaart.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2. That is his second of the game!

111 minute mark: Wright-Phillips on for Reo-Coker who is exhausted.

116 minute mark: Eagles passes it just a little long for Tucker.

120 minute mark: Glen Johnson with a long pass.. King has it in the box.. whistle.. King was offside.

End of extra time. This is going to a shoot-out.

Unfortunately, with the exception of Jamie Cook, none of my available players are very good penalty shooters.

Cook steps up first... he looks confident.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!! 1-0.

Wesley Sneijder steps up.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

Downing steps up next... he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

Rafael van der Vaart steps up.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL. 2-2.

Steve Turner steps up next.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-2.

Nigel de Jong steps up.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 3-3 tie.

John Terry steps up.. he runs... he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-3.

Arjen Robben looks confident.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. it hits the post.. bounces in. GOAL. 4-4 tie.

Craig King steps up... upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-4.

John Heltinga steps up with pressure on him.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Lancaster dives.. blocks it!!!! We win!!! WE win!!!! 5-4 on penalty shots.

Game over. 2-2 (5-4) win :)

We outshot them 17-11 (11-3 on target)

Craig King wins MoM, 10 for form, 30 of 31 passes, 9 key passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 1 of 12 headers, 5 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 07:18 PM

Post Match Info:

Writers are now talking about me as one of the greatest managers in the World and not just England :)

The English Football Association is delighted that I guided the team to win in the Confederations Cup and they believe it will be a fantastic boost to the entire nation.

Nigel Reo-Coker is lavishing praise on me in the media for guiding the team to the Title.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 08:10 PM

July 6. 2015 -

I ask my coaches to compare how good my players are now in relation to the end of the 2013-2014 season. Really, I should have asked them at the end of the 2014-2015 season 2 months ago, but this should still be interesting:

Biggest Improvement:

Sadly very few players have improved since last season. Hopefully, this is partially due to guys being rusty after being off the last weeks from training.

However, few minor improvements are:

1. Barry Parker - This 25 year old midfielder has become a more complete player. He is a better passer, a better defender, and a better leaper. His mental attributes seem more clear as well.

2. Darren Evans - this 20 year old keeper has improved in multiple technical attributes, but it is doubtful he will ever be a quality starting keeper.

3. Kevin Young - This 21 year old striker has continued to progress and could be a decent backup now. I'll use him if injuries occur.

4. Bob Wright - This 23 year old striker has continued to develop as well, and he has become a better finisher. He could be a decent rotation player and did score a few goals for us this past year.

That is it for players that have improved :(

Biggest Losses:

1. Wes Brown - This 35 year old right back/centreback is losing it quickly. I can't see him being useful at all this year. I'd only use him in an emergency.

2. Dalibor Stevanovic - This 30 year old midfielder is losing his abilities and he isn't going to be a reliable rotation player for long. Of course, I've rarely used him in the past year or two anyway.

3. Lucio - This 37 year old centreback is a medical marvel. He is still as fast as some 25 year olds, but he isn't nearly as skilled as he once was. However, despite that he is still a servicable centreback. I'll use him a bit in this last year.

4. John O'Shea - This 34 year old leftback/centreback is losing his abilities moreso during this past year. However, he is still a decent defender and could play some for us.

5. Darren Fletcher - This 31 year old midfielder is starting to lose his technical abilities and physical abilities. He has one more good year in him, but I doubt he will have much more than that.

6. Stewart Downing - This 30 year old left winger is starting to lose his technical abilities. He is still better than most left wingers, and he still has his speed. I expect he has 2 more good years in him.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 08:28 PM

July 6, 2015 -

Antonio Alvarez rejected my first contract offer of 19,000/week. I offer the potential AM 24,000/week which is my final offer (in part because that is high as the board will go.)

July 8, 2015 -

Deportivo are interested in buying Mark van den Boogaart and want to know how much we want for him.

I tell them, I'm not interested in selling.

Antonio Alvarez has accepted my latest offer and has come on board as our new assistant manager.

The Wolves have signed Joe Cole on a free transfer.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 08:35 PM

July 9, 2015 -

Liverpool have spent 30 million to buy 23 year old midfielder Philippe Durand from Mallorca.

Matias Cahais has requested to be transfer listed :( I can't blame him. I haven't used him much. The 27 year old centreback is good, but not superb. I'll use him more this year if he doesn't get transferred, but I'm expecting to eventually transfer him. He still has 3 years on his deal.

James McFadden has also requested that he be transfer listed. I agree to his request, but am hopeful that he might rescind it.

Even though he is 32, he is still a good striker.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 08:46 PM

July 13, 2015 -

Adriano has been called up to Brazil and Matias Cahais has been called up to Argentina for the Copa America.

Liverpool has spent 30 million dollars to sign Jose Luis Abad, a 23 year old defender, from Roma.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 08:49 PM

July 13, 2015 -

Today we have our first friendly at Sparta Prague. They are a good Czech Republic team that will hopefully challenge our players and bring out the best while working on conditioning.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

GK: Adriano
DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DC: Marchetti
DR: Miller (Time to give the kid his debut with us, even if it is a friendly.)
ML: Barbosa
MC: Wood
MC: Godoy
MR: Schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: Oswald (Time to give this kid his debut as well)

S1: Howard
S2: Alfonso
S3: Cook
S4: Djemba
S5: Brown
S6: Fletcher
S7: Stevanovic
S8: Lucio
S9: Downing
S10: Boogaart
S11: O'Shea
S12: Ortega

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 09:03 PM

1st minute: Schmidt heads the ball to McFadden at midpitch.. he plays a perfect through pass to Oswald.. Oswald dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.. the defense clears it.

15 minute mark: Dostal trips Oswald who was going to have a breakaway.. yellow card for him.

McFadden takes the free kick.. barely wide right.

20 minute mark: Miller with a long pass.. Oswald has it.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it.

34 minute mark: Adriano saves a long range shot from Hanus.

54 minute mark: Barbosa passes to McFadden in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

61 minute mark: I put on 7 subs. I move Barbosa to striker.

67 minute mark: Adriano stops a long shot from Zboncak.

81 minute mark: Straka passes to Vasicek in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives.. it is out of his reach.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

91 minute mark: Downing passes it to Oswald in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper came out.. he smothers the shot.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

We outshot them 10-7 (5-2 on target)

Their keeper, Martin Krejcik, won MoM, 5 saves, 11 of 19 passes. 9 for form.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 09:22 PM

July 16, 2015 -

Dalibor Stevanovic broke his leg in practice today in 3 places! He is expected to miss at least 5 months.

Matias Cahais played well for Argentina, but not great in their 3-1 win over Chile.

Eaglesfan27 06-26-2005 09:29 PM

July 18, 2015 -

Chelsea have signed Sylvain Bon, a 23 year old versatile midfielder for 18 million. Wow. I can't believe this guy slipped under my radar. My scouts believe he is quite impressive.

Adriano played well but didn't score in Brazil's 1-1 tie with Paraguay.

Chris Miller (my new right back), Dean Watkins, and Alan Watkins have all been called up by me to the England U19 squad for the upcoming Euro U19 Championship.

Boogaart is exhausted and the physio tells me that I have to "nurse him back to health."

As a result, Wes Brown will be playing plenty of right back at my next friendly.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 12:58 AM

July 20, 2015 -

Today we will be playing a friendly against Eupen. Eupen is a small fairly weak team in Belgium. This should be a confidence builder for our guys as we should score fairly easily.

It is sunny with temperatures in the 70's.

DL: O'Shea
DR: Brown (I have no choice with Boogaart needing rest and Miller being away playing for England.)
ML: Alfonso
MC: Fletcher
MR: Ortega
SC: McFadden
SC: Oswald (I want to see him score for us.)

S2: Cook
S3: Godoy
S4: Barbosa
S5: Djemba
S6: Downing
S7: Lucio
S8: Rooney
S9: Schmidt
S10: Schreurs
S11: King

I'm not even going to list Boogaart at S12 so I don't get tempted...

oykib 06-27-2005 01:01 AM

It's too bad that win versus Brazil didn't come a year or so ago...

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 01:14 AM

7 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Ortega.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. the keeper saves it.

They are playing us evenly so far :(

20 minute mark: Alfonso trips De Meyer.. yellow card for Alfonso

25 minute mark: De Peuw gets a breakway.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano with a nice save.

43 minute mark: Alfonso dribbles down the left sideline.. past two defenders.. crosses it to the far post.. Oswald heads it.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. A lot of my players aren't really exerting themselves.

46 minute mark: Ortega dribbles down the right sideline.. into the right side of the box.. he centers it for Oswald.. he heads it.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

51 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to McFaddenin the box.. he heads it to Oswald.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. over the bar.

61 minute mark: Ortega with a brilliant dribble down the right side of the pitch.. he crosses it to the far post.. McFadden heads it.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

65 minute mark: I bring on all of my subs except for Schmidt, Schreurs, Barbosa, and Howard.

71 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Godoy in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. excellent save by the keeper.

88 minute mark: O'Shea passes to Djemba in the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. excellent block by the keeper.

Game over. 0-0 tie. Hopefully, our guys will turn up the intensity once the regular season starts.

We outshot them 12-2 (6-1 on target)

Luc Hendrickx, their keeper, won MoM, 12 of 29 passing, 6 saves. 8 for form.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oykib
It's too bad that win versus Brazil didn't come a year or so ago...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as it happened.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 01:23 AM

July 21, 2015 -

Today I guide England's U19 team against Germany's U19 team in the Euro U19 Championship Group Match.

GK: Liam Andrews
DL: Gary Burke
DC: Richard Preston
DC: Andy Connor
DR: Chris Miller (my man)
ML: Richard Harding
MC: Danny Taylor
MC: Gary Bell
MR: John O'Brien
SC: Matthew Chapman
SC: Jamie Barnes

S1: Dean Watkins (also mine)
S2: Alan Watkins (mine)
S3: Danny Moore
S4: Matthew Dunn
S5: Adam Hogg
S6: Mark Wilson
s7: Jonathan Chapman

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 01:39 AM

6 minute mark: Miller with a nice defensive play and a good pass.

9 minute mark: Chapman with a breakaway.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

12 minute mark: Andy connor gets a yellow card for a trip on Schmitt, their striker.

19 minute mark: Miller starts the counterattack.. long pass to midpitch.. Taylor gets it.. he passes to Chapman just outside the box.. chapman dribbles between two defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

26 minute mark: Miller with an easy but solid defensive play.

34 minute mark: Wagner dribbles down the right sideline.. he passes it to Schmitt on the left side of the box.. Miller let that pass sail over him.. Schmitt centers it to Maier in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. no chance for the keeper. GOAL. 1-1 match.

Halftime: 1-1 match.

61 minute mark: Alan Watkins on for Bell.

74 minute mark: Jonathan Chapman on for Barnes. I know have Chapman and Chapman at the striker positions.

77 minute mark: Meyer with a breakaway.. my keeper comes out to meet him.. smothers the shot.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We were outshot 11-8 (7-2 on target)

Our keeper, Liam Andrews, won MoM, 9 of 18 passes, 6 saves. 9 for form.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 01:50 AM

July 23, 2015 -

Roday England'S U19 team plays Poland's U19 team.

It's overcast and in the 70's.

We are using the same lineup except Andy connor is sliding to right back and Chris Miller is sliding to centreback.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:00 AM

4 minute mark: Miller with a long pass to Chapman in the box.. he shoots.. wide left.

Rather boring first half which is surprising since they are running a 4 defenders - 2 midfielders - 3 attacking midfielders - 1 striker and I thought we would have had more offensive opportunities against that thin midfield.

Dunn on for Barnes and Alan Watkins on for O'Brien.

48 minute mark: Miller with a good defensive play.. long pass to Chapman.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. over the bar.

63 minute mark: Watkins passes to Dunn in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

79 minute mark: Their keeper stops a pair of our shots.

85 minute mark: Watkins passes to Chapman in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. pushes it wide.

Game over. 0-0 tie.

We outshot them 12-2 (6-1 on target)

Wojciech Topolski (their keeper) won MoM, 9 for form, 6 saves, 24 of 39 passes.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:06 AM

July 24, 2015 -

The European Super Cup was drawn and we will play FC Bayern in the European Super Cup on Aug 28, 2015.

Today, I've flown back home to coach my friendly match. We will be playing against Charleroi a small Belgium team. Hopefully, we can work on more than just conditioning and score some goals.

DR: Boogaart (is getting healthy - I'll only play him for a bit today.)
MC: Godoy
MR: Schreurs
SC: King

S3: Alfonso
S4: Wood
S5: McFadden
S6: Djemba
S7: Oswald
S8: Lucio
S9: Ortega
S10: Brown
S11: O'Shea
S12: Downing

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:19 AM

1st minute: Godoy passes to Rooney who is 30 yards out.. trademark banana shot.. powerful.. curving.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

44 minute mark: Schmidt passes it to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

Another lethargic friendly. My guys are just coasting through these friendlies.. I hope they turn up the intensity once we start playing for real.

56 minute mark: Marchetti misplays a pass into the box.. Lenaerts gets the pass.. shoots from 15 yards out.. upper left corner.. Adriano misplays the shot.. it's past him.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

66 minute mark: Barbosa with a long cross to the far post.. King heads it.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

70 minute mark: I put on all of my subs except for Howard, wood, and Cook.

82 minute mark: O'Shea passes to Downing.. he dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. he dribbles past two defenders to the left corner of the pitch.. he crosses.. to the near post.. McFadden with a diving header.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

86 minute mark: We get of a flurry of shots.. one that hits the crossbar.. a few others stopped by defenders or the keeper.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 14-2 (5-1 on target)

Despite coming on at the 71 minute mark, Downing wins MoM, 8 for form, 5 of 5 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 7 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:29 AM

July 26, 2015 -

Today I'm managing England's U19 team against Ireland. We have to win this match to advance. We are the hosts this year, and I really don't want to face the embarassment of losing this early. We might advance with a draw, but I don't want to take that chance.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

We are using the same lineup as our first match 4 days ago.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:38 AM

13 minute mark: Chapman gets the ball from Preston.. he shoots.. over the bar.

30 minute mark: Chapman steals the ball.. dribbles into the box.. Ryan catches him and tackles him. Good play by their centreback.

35 minute mark: Miller with a good defensive play.

65 minute mark: Wilson on at left back.

70 minute mark: Dean Watkins on at left wing and Piper on at striker.

81 minute mark: Miller clears the corner kick.

Game over. 0-0 tie.

We each had 3 shots. we each had 0 shots on target.

Chris Miller won MoM, 8 for form, 34 of 44 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 9 of 9 headers, 11 interceptions, 1 foul drawn.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:45 AM

Post Match Info:

I need Poland to beat Germany. If they don't, I'm eliminated with Poland and Germany advancing....

Germany beat Poland 3-2. Therefore, Germany and Poland advance from our group and we are officially done in the Euro u19 Championship! :(

We need some more good young talent to come into the system.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 02:48 AM

July 29, 2015 -

Chelsea have had to bring in a new manager as their old manager has retired! They hired jose Luis Mendilibar today.

Bolton have signed Ashley Cole from Arsenal on a free transfer.

Bolton have sent 2.2 million to Rostock for Jonathan Spector.

Adriano had a hattrick for Brazil in their 3-1 win over Bolivia in the Quarter Final of the Copa America.

Salva twisted his knee and will miss our next friendly.

daedalus 06-27-2005 03:23 AM

Congrats on winning the tourney. :)

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedalus
Congrats on winning the tourney. :)

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 10:44 AM

July 30, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Millwall in a friendly. This is our final warmup before the regular season. Millwall is in the English Championship and they have very few stars. Sulley Ali Muntari is a good midfielder. The rest of their players just aren't that good in comparision to our own.

GK: Howard (He needs a tune-up too. He is still going to play plenty for us this season, but Adriano is going to play much more.)
DC: Lucio (Cahais is away on international duty or he would get the start.)
DR: Miller
MR: Ortega
sc: King (Adriano is away on international duty still)

S1: Adriano, GK
S3: Downing
S4: McFadden
S5: Djemba
S6: Alfonso
S7: Oswald
S8: Godoy
S9: O'Shea
S10: Brown
S11: Boogaart
S12: Schreurs

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 11:01 AM

5 minute mark: Harris passes to Potrazasaj just outside the box.. he unleashes a powerful curving shot from 20 yards out.. upper right corner.. Howard can't reach it.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

24 minute mark: Barbosa gets the ball left of the box.. he centers for king.. he heads it.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar. Rooney hits the rebound on the half-volley.. over the bar.

38 minute mark: Barbosa gets the ball left of the box on a long pass from Miller.. Barbosa crosses it to the far side of the box to ortega.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

King has picked up a minor injury, so I pull him at halftime for Oswald.

My guys all look very fresh and I can tell they aren't really exerting themselves out there today.

47 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

54 minute mark: Schmidt is hurt :( I put O'Shea on for him.

60 minute mark; I put on the entire second string except for Adriano.

84 minute mark: Atkinson with a point blank shot.. Howard pushes it over the bar.

Game over. 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 13-4 (5-1 on target)

Their keeper, Maurizio Tommasi, won MoM, 8 for form, 9 of 22 passes, 4 saves.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 11:05 AM

July 30, 2015 -

Schmidt injured his neck but will only miss a week.

Aston Villa have offered 5.4 million for Chris Taylor. I might regret this, but I'm not using him and Adriano is already better. So, I counter with 7 million for him plus 10% of next sale. If they want to pay that, I'll let Taylor go.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 11:19 AM

Aug 1, 2015 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager. They are even more pleased with the financial position of the club. As a result, they have upped my transfer budget by another 5 million dollars. As a result, I now have 16.5 million remaining for transfers.

Argentina beat Brazil on penalty shots today in the 3rd place playoff in the Copa America. Adriano was injured early in the match :(

Matias Cahais played well for Argentina.

Brazil's manager stepped down immediately after the loss.

Aston Villa have countered with 7 million for Taylor. They took out the 10% of next sale clause. I agree to the deal.

Eaglesfan27 06-27-2005 11:29 AM

Aug 5, 2015 -

Liverpool hare attempting to bring in a VERY impressive striker from South Africa. According to my scouts, this guy could become the premiere striker in the EPL! They are applying for a work permit, and considering the guy has 67 caps and 20 goals, I suspect they will get it for 28 year old Lebohang Mokoena. He will be very tough to play against if my scouts are correct.

I've been made 6-4 favorites to win the EPL this year. Chelsea have 7-4 odds. Liverpool has 8-1 odds. Arsenal has 10-1 odds. Aston Villa has 16-1 odds. Newcastle has 25-1 odds.

Newcastle have made an offer of 7.6 million for Matias Cahais. That is MUCH too low. I counter with 28 million.