Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CLI: Schrodinger's Werewolf: GAME OVER, WOLVES WIN (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86116)

Autumn 12-13-2012 07:03 PM

Werewolf CLI: Schrodinger's Werewolf: GAME OVER, WOLVES WIN

WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?

Signups are now closed for the latest round of Werewolf. If you would like to know what the ruleset is for this latest game, I must apologize. The answer is in this little box here, but I can't open it yet. So as for now, you are playing in one or all of four different Werewolf games.

This is a simple game of classic Werewolf, with a twist. Once signups are complete you will be shown four different possible sets of roles present in the game. You unfortunately will not know which of those games you are playing in. It's a sad reality of gaming in Schrodinger's Box. If I opened the box to show you, you'd be dead. Maybe. So I'll have to wait until enough of you are dead to give it a go.

THE BASICS
  • Don't quote any PMs directly in thread
  • Don't talk about the game outside of the thread
  • Don't edit your posts during the game
  • Vote by writing VOTE NAME in bold in your post on its own line
  • Unvote by writing UNVOTE NAME in bold on its own line
  • Nightfall votes will be accepted but will have to be unanimous, and once entered your vote may not be changed.
  • Tie votes will be settled by either lynching both parties or lynching neither one. It's unclear which.

THE DEADLINE

• Voting Deadline is 10 pm EST; votes timestamped 9:59 will count, votes stamped 10:00 will not.
  • Night Action Deadline is 11 pm EST; actions timestamped 10:59 will count, actions stamped 11:00 will not

THE START

• Villagers receive the message: "You are a simple villager."

INVENTORY OF SCHRODINGER'S BOX

Code:

ITEM NAME        TYPE        DATE OF REMOVAL
1. Abe Sargent        unknown          tbd
2. CrimsonFox        unknown          tbd
3. mauboy1        Villager        Lynched Day 4
4. JAG                Villager        Lynched Day 1
5. Simbo Klice        unknown          tbd
6. Chief Rum        Villager          Killed Night 4
7. britrock88        unknown          tbd
8. GoldenEagle        unknown          tbd
9. booradley          Villager          Lynched Day 3
10. Darth Vilus        Wolf Cub          Lynched Day 2
11. DaddyTorgo        unknown          tbd
12. Spleen1015        Seer            Killed Night 1
13. suicane75        Hunter          Killed Night 3

SUPPLEMENTAL INVENTORY
  1. Danny
  2. Eaglefan
  3. Lonestargirl

THEORETICAL CONTENTS OF SCHRODINGER'S BOX

Code:

Game Number 1:        Game Number 2:        Game Number 3:        Game Number 4:
2 Werewolves        2 Werewolves        3 Werewolves        3 Werewolves
1 Werewolf Seer        1 Werewolf Seer       
---------------        ---------------        ---------------        ---------------
1 Seer              1 Hunter        1 Cultist        1 Cultist
1 Bodyguard        9 villagers        9 villagers        1 Wolf Cub
8 villagers                                        1 Seer
                                                1 Bodyguard
                                                1 Hunter
                                                5 villagers

OPENING INSTRUCTIONS

The Schrodinger's Werewolf Box contains one of the above games of Werewolf. Unfortunately, the exact game being played cannot be determined until everyone is dead. The moderator, operating outside all understanding of physics will look inside the box before the game and randomly determine which of the above four games is being played. However, those inside the box will be unsure of their quantum state.

In other words, you will not be told which of the above sets of roles are in the game. You will be informed of your role, and role reveals upon death, but otherwise everything is up in the air.

PACKAGE DETAILS

Werewolf - Standard werewolf rules apply. Wolves can PM chat amongst themselves (including the moderator). The wolves choose one target to kill every night.

Werewolf Seer - This special werewolf can take an additional night action. He or she may target a player, and will be told whether that player is the seer.

Seer - The seer can scan a player every night and will be told if that player is a werewolf. The Seer cannot distinguish the wolf cub or cultist from other villagers.

Bodyguard - The bodyguard can choose a player every night to protect, including himself or herself. The bodyguard cannot protect the same target twice in a row.

Hunter - The hunter is tougher than a regular villager, and for purposes of parity at end game counts as two villagers. Tough means that the Hunter requires 2 night kills to be killed. The Hunter won't be informed that he has been targeted on the first kill, nor will the wolves know why their kill did not work. If the hunter and one wolf are present at end game, the village wins.

Cultist - This player counts as a villager, but wins with the wolves. The cultist knows the identity of the werewolves. If the wolf cub becomes a werewolf, the Cultist will know that as well.

Wolf Cub - This player is unaware of their role,but if they are targeted for a night kill, instead of dying they will become a werewolf and join the evil side. Until targeted the cub counts as good.

Villager - All villagers received a message stating "You are a simple villager."

Abe Sargent 12-13-2012 07:10 PM

In

CrimsonFox 12-13-2012 07:29 PM

in, with slightly weirdish day schedule

mauchow 12-13-2012 07:37 PM

May as well keep my win streak going,

JAG 12-13-2012 07:42 PM

In

Simbo Klice 12-13-2012 08:14 PM

In

Chief Rum 12-13-2012 08:51 PM

I'm in, although my participation might be minor in the later end of the week.

britrock88 12-13-2012 09:21 PM

So, so very in.

britrock88 12-13-2012 09:21 PM

(Much yes inmas mmhmm quite yes in).

EagleFan 12-13-2012 10:19 PM

In

I am traveling back home on the 18th so that day I will be out of the loop for most of the daytime hours. Unless my trip gets either cut short or extended.

britrock88 12-13-2012 11:43 PM

Should we PM some WW-only types?

Danny 12-14-2012 12:41 AM

Ill join, have a couple weeks off starting next Thu.

Darth Vilus 12-14-2012 12:48 AM

I'll play. It's been awhile lol

CrimsonFox 12-14-2012 02:35 AM

so autumn are there any rules/roles that we'll know before the game starts?

DaddyTorgo 12-14-2012 08:12 AM

In

Autumn 12-14-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2756404)
so autumn are there any rules/roles that we'll know before the game starts?

I can't quite set the exact rules/roles until I know how many we'll have, but I don't really want to cap it. Basically all the rules and roles will be standard, but there will be a twist in the sense of knowing what is in the game.

spleen1015 12-14-2012 09:21 AM

In for old times sake

Autumn 12-14-2012 09:27 AM

Wow, I may actually need to cap this to be sure we don't drag into the holidays.

Chief Rum 12-14-2012 10:11 AM

Not that we need to add more players, since, nicely enough, we're getting good response, but didn't Grover want to try out WW? If I recall correctly, he was ready to give it his first go when WW "died" for a bit there the past few months. I think he said he thought it was him, lol.

Anyway, he has probably stopped checking in here, so maybe we should send him a PM?

Autumn 12-14-2012 10:12 AM

Yes, you're right, I will PM him. And I think I'm probably going to cap it at 13.

Suicane75 12-14-2012 10:30 AM

I'm In. Or Am I? Maybe I'm In And Out. Maybe I'm Having Sex Or Eating A Hamburger. Why Am I Capitalizing Every Word? Dunno, Just Started Doing It And Now It Would Look Weird To Stop.

Autumn 12-14-2012 10:37 AM

Great. I'm going to end signups there. If Grover wants to sign up, I will add him in. Anybody else, feel free to show interest and I'll add you to the waiting list, just in case. Who knows, maybe we'll have so many more we can run two games in parallel!!!!

booradley 12-14-2012 01:20 PM

I'd like to be added to the wait list. I've never played before, so I'll probably stink, mind. Think of me as an hors d'oeuvre ...

Autumn 12-14-2012 01:25 PM

Glad to have you, boo. I'm kind of hoping we'll get enough to run a couple games, that would be fun.

GoldenEagle 12-14-2012 01:37 PM

I am in if room is still avliable. LSG may play as well since she is on XMas break next week.

Autumn 12-14-2012 02:02 PM

That would be great. My initial ruleset was for 9, so if we get to at least 18 I could do a double game

CrimsonFox 12-14-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booradley (Post 2756653)
I'd like to be added to the wait list. I've never played before, so I'll probably stink, mind. Think of me as an hors d'oeuvre ...

then you'll fit right in here. :)

hoopsguy 12-14-2012 03:19 PM

I'm glad to see WW up and going again. Wish I had time to play ... have a feeling that this kind of uncertainty in rules would have been right up my alley. Please make it a fun read :)

DaddyTorgo 12-14-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2756768)
I'm glad to see WW up and going again. Wish I had time to play ... have a feeling that this kind of uncertainty in rules would have been right up my alley. Please make it a fun read :)

Can we make you make time to play? Or will you play after the holidays? :)

DaddyTorgo 12-14-2012 04:37 PM

This is some mad, twisted, fucked-up shit.

I love it!!! *cackles*

hoopsguy 12-14-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2756807)
Can we make you make time to play? Or will you play after the holidays? :)

I doubt it - just at a point where personal/professional life have minimized my free time and WW hasn't made the cut. I sunk all kind of time into the games, and enjoyed the heck out of them at the time, but I can't really do it anymore ... at least not in a way where the experience would still be fun for me. I've tried a couple of times, and realized that I don't get much enjoyment out of the game when I can't really sink my teeth into it (and spit out villagers).

Danny 12-14-2012 10:34 PM

I'd rather see a first timer get the bug, so I will back out if needed so a first timer can play.

Autumn 12-14-2012 10:41 PM

I'll swap you with booradley, Danny, for now.

Autumn 12-14-2012 10:41 PM

Although now that he sees your sig he probably won't want to play.

EagleFan 12-14-2012 11:43 PM

I'll back out so GE can get in. I just found out today that I may have to go straight from here to another trip, this is getting insane (especially since I am SUPPOSED to be on vacation the following week).

CrimsonFox 12-15-2012 12:28 AM

geez, autumn just make the game bigger :) more = better.

booradley 12-15-2012 02:01 AM

Thanks Danny! Now I'm off to get some Snausages and wolf traps!

Autumn 12-15-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2756915)
geez, autumn just make the game bigger :) more = better.

I would love to, but the next monday is the 24th, and if Make the game too big there's no chance we're done before then. I don't think we want that big of a break in the game.

Autumn 12-15-2012 08:19 PM

Looks like we're probably going to stick at 13. I will probably close signups and post stuff tomorrow to get started.

Autumn 12-16-2012 10:17 AM

Thirteen it is. I'm going to finalize rules, post them up and send out PMs during the day. First deadline will be tomorrow at 10 pm EST.

Autumn 12-16-2012 11:13 AM

Rules have been updated. Roles will be sent out shortly.

Autumn 12-16-2012 11:25 AM

Roles have been sent out. If you didn't get yours let me know privately. Game has begun. The first deadline is Monday, 10pm EST. Please make sure you read the contents of the box above.

mauchow 12-16-2012 11:25 AM

villager checking in!!

Autumn 12-16-2012 11:30 AM

Oh, and I know we have some new players, so I'm going to try to stay on top of reminding about basic rules. One is: don't edit posts! If you said something wrong, you just have to make a new post.

JAG 12-16-2012 11:47 AM

At first glance, I hope the contents aren't game 3. E wolves and a cultist vs. a village without roles looks tough. Also interesting that two of the possible options are seerless games. Therefore we may need as much info as we can get, so Im going to get voting right away.

VOTE ABE SARGENT

Nice fake reveal last game.

britrock88 12-16-2012 02:36 PM

JAG picked the first name on the list, so I'll pick the second.

VOTE CrimsonFox

britrock88 12-16-2012 02:38 PM

Anyone with a special role knows that we're in 1 of 2 set-ups. This will be good information to hold onto in case somebody fake reveals in a way that's contrary to what the possible set-ups are (as people with special roles will have some idea of).