Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GREYJOY (GoT) Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=87178)

Chief Rum 05-30-2013 05:28 PM

GREYJOY (GoT) Thread

This is the thread for House Greyjoy. Only members of the House Greyjoy faction are allowed to post in here.

britrock88 05-30-2013 05:36 PM

What up! I have a lot of reading to do...

I also know nothing about GoT, so you guys will likely benefit from my trusting fealty as I get my sea-legs under me on this universe.

Julio Riddols 05-30-2013 05:57 PM

Ok, I want to lay out my idea for what to do. Renly is weakening. A huge battle is about to happen. I say we extend an offer of alliance to the winner of this battle and pitch our naval strength. If the Starks come out of it looking good, I think it would be easy to forge an alliance with them and sweep the other groups out of the way one by one starting with Renly, then Lannister, Then whoever is the weaker of the Starks and Stannis. If Renly and his men are victorious, it may even behoove us to try and acquire Tywin Lannister and convince him to take the head of the illegitimate king.

The Jackal 05-30-2013 06:10 PM

[ooc]I'm at work for another three hours, when I get home I'll post a bit! Excited![/ooc]

Julio Riddols 05-30-2013 09:30 PM

If Brienne joins the Starks and Tywin joins us, we can wipe the rest of these pretenders off the map in short order.

Julio Riddols 05-30-2013 09:31 PM

I think we should try and get Robb and his group to join us in securing that the throne has a worthy ruler sitting on it.

The Jackal 05-30-2013 10:06 PM

I am amenable to the addition of Tywin Lannister to our ranks. Say what you will about some members of that family, Twyin is to be respected.

The Jackal 05-30-2013 10:18 PM

The first decision, however, is whom to name as Hand.

Asha, one of the truest Ironborn women ever born, leader of raids, commander of ships, a daughter to make a father proud.

Theon, son, in need of a recommitment to the Drowned God, to the salt and the stone. Perhaps there will be some use from being kept away from the sea for so long.

The Jackal 05-30-2013 10:21 PM

[ooc] Honestly, RP decisions aside, Brit did say he was unsure of how much time he could commit, and Julio has the added benefit of being able to school me a little on how the game has been running/rules, since he's been involved, so I'll probably lean towards Julio! [/ooc]

britrock88 05-30-2013 11:08 PM

I support Theon as your hand.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 12:29 AM

I of course would be cool with that as well, father. From what I know so far, this all got underway with everyone ganging up and voting Gregor Clegane an enemy of the realm. From the outset, it was everyone against the Lannisters, and it kind of still is, except now it seems Renly has thrown his lot in with what is left of the Lannister clan. Both of those two appear to be sinking ships.

Initially it appeared the two houses Baratheon were going to ally against the Lannisters and then turn on the Starks, but it seems that the rift between brothers caused by the early beheading of Clegane by Stannis has widened to an irreparable state. Now with the Starks appearing to have Brienne of Tarth willing to bend her knee and abandon the Renly Baratheon cause and our fresh entry into the game, we're in prime position to seize a foothold and work it to our advantage to later seize the throne.

I was thinking the king of the north would like to hear that I am still loyal to him and plan to ultimately stab you in the back, father, and he may believe it due to our "rocky relationship"... If I can get him to believe it enough, we can turn that knife after everyone else's heads rest on our pikes.

The Jackal 05-31-2013 08:10 AM

I assume the ravens cannot begin to fly until the dust settles from the battle and the day progresses.

The Jackal 05-31-2013 08:20 AM

Presuming it is within my power, and because you have rightfully earned this, daughter:

Balon Greyjoy names Asha Greyjoy as Lord of the Iron Islands

The Jackal 05-31-2013 08:24 AM

[ooc] From reading the rules, I'm a little unclear on this. Do you have to "arrest/capture" a disavowed bannerman in order for them to join you, or can they choose to do so of their own volition? [/ooc]

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 09:10 AM

Tywin should be able to do so of his own volition now, I believe.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 09:11 AM

But he may have a special rule that doesn't allow him to do that of his own volition.

britrock88 05-31-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2828546)
Presuming it is within my power, and because you have rightfully earned this, daughter:

Balon Greyjoy names Asha Greyjoy as Lord of the Iron Islands

I accept this title most gratefully, my lord.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 12:41 PM

I was finally able to send a raven for Robb Stark. We'll see how he responds to it. I think he sees as well as anyone else that in his weakened state he is vulnerable without support.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 01:55 PM

My king, I have a good feeling that Robb Stark would like our help. I would certainly act as emissary if you want me to, I feel as though I already have an in with him and that talks would go smoothly.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 01:58 PM

Also, I have had a suspicion from the beginning that Stannis would be significantly less powerful without Melisandre beside him. We need to figure out a way to get her out of the game somehow in fairly short order I think.

britrock88 05-31-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2828704)
GREYJOY LANDS

Pyke (Coastal)--family home of Balon Greyjoy
Harlaw (Coastal)

Both Pyke and Harlaw are Productive Lands.

QFR.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 06:39 PM

Good thing our lands cannot be raided.

Julio Riddols 05-31-2013 09:12 PM

I will be out for the next 2 nights, back on Sunday. I'm guessing we won't be doing much til Monday evening anyway. I may or may not have internet access where I am, but I can still serve as emissary to the Stark camp. I'll be here fairly early Sunday to start on that if I do not have time in between.

The Jackal 05-31-2013 10:03 PM

We will indeed send Theon to speak with King Robb

The Jackal 05-31-2013 10:04 PM

I will be sending a raven to Lord Tywin - do you have any particular fancy for today, Asha? It may be premature to raid, until we know where others stand.

britrock88 06-01-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2828806)
I will be sending a raven to Lord Tywin - do you have any particular fancy for today, Asha? It may be premature to raid, until we know where others stand.

Nay. I should first familiarize myself with the recent events in Westeros.

Chief Rum 06-03-2013 05:24 PM

Theon Greyjoy has left the camp on an unknown errand.

Chief Rum 06-03-2013 07:32 PM

Theon has returned to camp. He also picked up an Enemy of the Realm along the way.

The Jackal 06-04-2013 05:48 AM

Son - the realm has decided that your departure from the Starks was worthy of this status. I make no guarantees about what I will have to do should you remain.

Julio Riddols 06-04-2013 11:52 AM

Well pops, I'll be seeing you then. If anyone is going to take my head, it is going to be someone other than my father.

britrock88 06-04-2013 01:41 PM

What for today, then, father?

The Jackal 06-04-2013 03:01 PM

Asha, I would have you treat with Stannis.

The Jackal 06-04-2013 06:43 PM

With my son fled, it is only natural that my daughter Asha be named Hand of the King

The Jackal 06-04-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2829849)
Asha, I would have you treat with Stannis.

I imagine this has not occurred, let it be withdrawn.

It seems that war is coming to the lands once again, at any event.

britrock88 06-04-2013 07:49 PM

Indeed, it had not occurred, my lord.

The Jackal 06-06-2013 02:06 PM

[ooc] Thanks for clearing that up CR, just going to say that here instead of sending you another PM. :) [/ooc]

Chief Rum 06-06-2013 04:25 PM

Hi Jackal!

I just let path do this, so since you may face the same issue at times, I wanted to give you this chance as well.

If you would like to send an emissary somewhere, but Asha is busy with real life and not able to do it right away, I'll let you serve as your own emissary. But keep in mind, that even if you serve as the emissary, Asha will then not be available to capture or raid or serve as emissary for the rest of the day.

Please be sure, if you do this, to let the target King know why it's you and not Asha.

britrock88 06-06-2013 10:09 PM

Some of my absence has been related to figuring the ins and outs of the game. The remainder has had to do with busy times at work. Jackal, free free to do what you please with the emissary feature.

The Jackal 06-07-2013 06:22 PM

Luck in battle, daughter.

The Jackal 06-07-2013 06:48 PM

You have now been schooled in the art of grand fleet battle - this was no simple raid. I am glad that you are safe.