Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXIX - The Labyrinth (Game Over - Commoners Win!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66702)

Telle 08-07-2008 10:11 AM

Voting BK has been mentioned by both of you.. more so by Tyrith. If that's what you think is best, then I'll be the first to step up to the plate.

VOTE BARKEEP

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803270)
And you know full well I disagree with that...but I can buy the BK suspicion. The D1 vote struck me poorly. However, his comment yesterday makes a good point - who knows what abilities good or bad have in this game? I'm guessing if there are no vanilla villagers there are no vanilla wolves, either.


You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely possible that wolves have powers so that they're not exposed because they don't have a power to share. Personally, if that were the case, and I were a wolf with this role, I certainly wouldn't have revealed! :p But leaving the discussion of roles out of it, my basic point (toned down some due to looking at it from your POV) is that we should be more aware of the risk of losing a villager in this game, since killing wolves won't help us as much as usual.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1803279)
My thinking is kind of like mine and Alan's was in the Spawn game. Additional villagers help us right now - more chances to get to the center, additional scans or witness actions, etc.


Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed. And the death of a wolf would probably be a lot more helpful than lynching a villager - especially a quiet one - would be harmful.

We're never going to be able to get a good lynch in this game unless we show a willingness to make a bad one. Unless you guys are waiting for seer scans, or just stumbling across someone being murdered -- and it wouldn't surprise me if any seer ability in this game is as narrow as the wolves ability to kill, especially if the village's ability to win is remotely as simple as your conjecture.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803294)
You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely possible that wolves have powers so that they're not exposed because they don't have a power to share. Personally, if that were the case, and I were a wolf with this role, I certainly wouldn't have revealed! :p But leaving the discussion of roles out of it, my basic point (toned down some due to looking at it from your POV) is that we should be more aware of the risk of losing a villager in this game, since killing wolves won't help us as much as usual.


I have no power
woe is me, vanilla for me
more pass points plz thx

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803294)
You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely possible that wolves have powers so that they're not exposed because they don't have a power to share. Personally, if that were the case, and I were a wolf with this role, I certainly wouldn't have revealed! :p But leaving the discussion of roles out of it, my basic point (toned down some due to looking at it from your POV) is that we should be more aware of the risk of losing a villager in this game, since killing wolves won't help us as much as usual.


As far as you knew you were going to die :P

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1803298)
I have no power
woe is me, vanilla for me
more pass points plz thx


Okay, I think this one is pretty hilarious personally :P

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803296)
Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed.


Is that an assumption, or are you interpreting the rules that way?


Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rules
The Ancients will make up the wolves, and will not know the layout of the labyrinth. However, they will have special powers. They will alternate kills at night. Only creatures in the same section as the Ancient performing the kill can be targeted, and they will be informed of their choices.


Okay, from this, it looks like we know the wolves DO have special powers. That might just mean the ability to kill, but it might mean more. But I read this as only one Ancient gets to perform the kill -- so killing wolves will limit the number of choices the wolves have, but is unlikely to create less kills.

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803300)
As far as you knew you were going to die :P


Right. If I were a wolf doing it, I would have revealed as something much cooler than Alchemist.

Telle 08-07-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803312)
Right. If I were a wolf doing it, I would have revealed as something much cooler than Alchemist.


Unless that IS your wolf role.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803311)
Is that an assumption, or are you interpreting the rules that way?


Going along with the conjecture from sometime earlier that wolves will be limited in their kill choices by the maze. It's possible for them it's just a normal WW night phase, which would suck for us because then we won't have any chance to track their actions on the off chance people run into each other in the maze.

On that note, has anyone encountered another player in the maze? I haven't.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1803317)
Unless that IS your wolf role.


Occam's Razor would dictate this, especially in a rush.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 10:25 AM

tyrith keeps trying
to latch onto someone as
a lynch vote set up

Me thinks he is wolf
and we should vote him and have
one less wolf to kill

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803319)
On that note, has anyone encountered another player in the maze? I haven't.


Mornin all! Just got caught up.

I have encountered another player in the maze and lived to see another day. Lathum and I are currently traveling together.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:26 AM

I'm still of the mindset we need to get a lynch just to see what happens when there's a lynch.

KWhit 08-07-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803296)
Similarly, though, additional wolves will hurt us - more chances to run into one and get killed. And the death of a wolf would probably be a lot more helpful than lynching a villager - especially a quiet one - would be harmful.

We're never going to be able to get a good lynch in this game unless we show a willingness to make a bad one. Unless you guys are waiting for seer scans, or just stumbling across someone being murdered -- and it wouldn't surprise me if any seer ability in this game is as narrow as the wolves ability to kill, especially if the village's ability to win is remotely as simple as your conjecture.


Well, I don't think it's simple, but unlike a normal ww game, winning the game is completely independent of killing wolves. We HAVE to kill wolves in a normal game. In this game, we don't. In a normal wolf game, if you don't lynch you aren't making progress. In this game, however, we're progressing toward our goal by searching out the center of the labyrinth - killing villagers just makes that harder.

The odds of us lynching a wolf today are pretty slim - we're just guessing. So the risk/reward aspect of a lynch today isn't great. I'll grant you that every lynch vote tells us something that can be useful later in the game, and no-lynches lessen their benefit.

So I'm torn on which way to go, but I'm leaning toward no lynch today.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 10:26 AM

lathum and farrah
dont tell arlie or MM
gossip is awesome

Lathum 08-07-2008 10:26 AM

Me and Farrah have run into each other

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803326)
I'm still of the mindset we need to get a lynch just to see what happens when there's a lynch.


There's also this. We still don't even know what it takes to get a lynch, although we have a strong guess. At least I want to get 7 votes on someone today, to see if we can lynch someone at one half as opposed to one half plus one, but I'd much prefer a straight lynch.

path12 08-07-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803294)
You could be right about that. I think somewhere BK made the assumption that everyone has some kind of powers in this game.


I am also of this belief, by the way. I'm getting very close to revealing mine as a matter of fact, because I think we're going to need some cooperation/information to win this game. But I do want to wait and see what happens with the 3PM movement phase beforehand.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803331)
There's also this. We still don't even know what it takes to get a lynch, although we have a strong guess. At least I want to get 7 votes on someone today, to see if we can lynch someone at one half as opposed to one half plus one, but I'd much prefer a straight lynch.


This is pretty much what I'm thinking, so I'm going to vote with the majority.

Just an FYI I have a class at 7pm my time, so my last opportunity to vote will be at 6:30pm.

Jackal - can I give someone the authority to change my vote? Say for example we all gang up on ntn before I leave, and then everyone switches to Telle between 6:30 - 7:00...can I designate someone to change my vote in my absence?

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803325)
Mornin all! Just got caught up.

I have encountered another player in the maze and lived to see another day. Lathum and I are currently traveling together.


Does that mean the two of you have to reach a consensus on what direction you head in?

path12 08-07-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803319)
Going along with the conjecture from sometime earlier that wolves will be limited in their kill choices by the maze. It's possible for them it's just a normal WW night phase, which would suck for us because then we won't have any chance to track their actions on the off chance people run into each other in the maze.

On that note, has anyone encountered another player in the maze? I haven't.


The person I saw who hit me was very nondescript. No name or any kind of identifier was given.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803338)
Does that mean the two of you have to reach a consensus on what direction you head in?


For the 3pm movement yes. We were given permission to continue to PM until 3pm today, regardless of whether we continue to travel together after that.

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803344)
For the 3pm movement yes. We were given permission to continue to PM until 3pm today, regardless of whether we continue to travel together after that.


Neat. Did you learn if Lathum was good?

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803345)
Neat. Did you learn if Lathum was good?


He told me what he is, but not what his powers were. If the wolves are still called 'wolves' in this game, he is not one. If they're something else, some other monster, well he could be.

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803346)
He told me what he is, but not what his powers were. If the wolves are still called 'wolves' in this game, he is not one. If they're something else, some other monster, well he could be.


They're called Ancients (from Post #1).

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:42 AM

But if you're just going off what he told you he is, chances are that whatever he told you is not a bad thing -- I don't think he's going to come out and tell you he's a bad guy! :)

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:44 AM

I assumed if he was a wolf, or Ancient, he would have killed me by now. Or at least something bad would have happened if I met him in the maze. Since nothing did, I figured he was legit.

And you're right, he could have made up his character to be nice. He is a world class wolf.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803346)
He told me what he is, but not what his powers were. If the wolves are still called 'wolves' in this game, he is not one. If they're something else, some other monster, well he could be.


Pretty sure Jackal said the wolves look just like us, exactly for times like this.

KWhit 08-07-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1803339)
The person I saw who hit me was very nondescript. No name or any kind of identifier was given.


So what exactly happened here? Botched wolf kill?

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803353)
I assumed if he was a wolf, or Ancient, he would have killed me by now. Or at least something bad would have happened if I met him in the maze. Since nothing did, I figured he was legit.

And you're right, he could have made up his character to be nice. He is a world class wolf.


Looking at Post 1, I don't think it works like that. It seems like the Ancients choose which one makes a kill, and then they get to choose among whoever is in the same section as that Ancient. So even if Lathum was the Ancient assigned to make the kill, he could have chosen someone else in the same section as you guys. Note that I don't think we know what exactly is meant by "section" -- but probably just because no one has asked.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803359)
Looking at Post 1, I don't think it works like that. It seems like the Ancients choose which one makes a kill, and then they get to choose among whoever is in the same section as that Ancient. So even if Lathum was the Ancient assigned to make the kill, he could have chosen someone else in the same section as you guys. Note that I don't think we know what exactly is meant by "section" -- but probably just because no one has asked.


Well, then he could very well be a wolf, and just made up something else. He told me he was a Hydra. I told him I was a dinosaur. I'm a velociraptor. Not an alchemist one, just a regular one. ;)

claphamsa 08-07-2008 10:55 AM

velociraptor
farrah whitworth rhan oh my
too many sylables

Lathum 08-07-2008 11:02 AM

well since the cat is out of the bag I am a 3 headed hydra. All 3 heads need to be cut off for me to be killed.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:02 AM

Morning all. Let me get caught up real quick

Lathum 08-07-2008 11:04 AM

well we can at least rule out Farrah and I being the minatour

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 11:04 AM

ack. again I'm late for the 9am meeting hanging out in this thread intead.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1802970)
who didnt vote?


To be fair and upfront, I didn;t vote, I lost track of time. I was leaning towards a no lynch though, so it would not have affected anything.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:06 AM

Frankly, I beleive a No Lynch vote is better today that it was yesterday, since a wolf is dead.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1803390)
well we can at least rule out Farrah and I being the minatour

this is true and good
too bad we cant manouver
even if we knew where

Tyrith 08-07-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803396)
Frankly, I beleive a No Lynch vote is better today that it was yesterday, since a wolf is dead.


A wolf is dead?

Passacaglia 08-07-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803396)
Frankly, I beleive a No Lynch vote is better today that it was yesterday, since a wolf is dead.


I don't think PF was a wolf -- check Post #2.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803272)
Ultimately, though, votes for the purpose of lynching someone are often how we figure out how who to kill after that. The wolves have to vote too, and figuring out how they vote gives us information about who to go after next.

BTW, Abe hasn't said anything for a long time, which is disconcerting.


I don't wake up until Noon EST

Tyrith 08-07-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803403)
I don't wake up until Noon EST


Ah, okay.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:12 AM

With inbe wolf down, the odds that we will kill a wolf with a lynch are so small, we might as well try to get to teh middle with as many of us left alive as possible. I think the odds say no lynch at this point.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 11:12 AM

Alright, I gotta go for a while. Barkeep, what have you experienced in the maze so far?

VOTE BARKEEP49

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803402)
I don't think PF was a wolf -- check Post #2.


Hmm? I coulda sworn he was a wolf, when he was killed last night. Let me check....


Wolverine? Ah, that's why I thought what I did. Okay, now I'm not the one fully reading GM posts, sorry. Um, forget my argument about odds then. Everybody move on, nothing to see here...

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:15 AM

RUles Check then -

Was the Phoenix like the creature, or was she like teh X-Men too?

Telle 08-07-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803411)
RUles Check then -

Was the Phoenix like the creature, or was she like teh X-Men too?


Does it matter?

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1803414)
Does it matter?


If she is X-Men, then we have two X-Men out of two, which likely means there are a lot more. Otherwise, Wolverine might be a one of. So yes, it matters.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.