Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXIX - The Labyrinth (Game Over - Commoners Win!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66702)

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1803789)
Not at all? I mean, the fact that you guys are linked by being the same creature doesn't necessarily mean that they're also good -- is that what you're saying?

That's what I'm saying. The only thing the three of us received together was the initial PM from Jackal with our roles. I've received random PMs from him since then that they weren't copied on. So I don't know about them, because I can't speak to them yet via PM. We can't PM until we meet in the labyrinth.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803787)
Well, Clap is the only one who's voted, and that vote was for Tyrith. But Abe's got the most votes. And I really want to see what happens with a lynch. So now I'm torn. Vote with my fellow raptors, or vote for who has the most votes and vote for a fellow raptor?

Abe, who do you plan to vote for?

No clue. May have to just vote in self defense.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803793)
That's what I'm saying. The only thing the three of us received together was the initial PM from Jackal with our roles. I've received random PMs from him since then that they weren't copied on. So I don't know about them, because I can't speak to them yet via PM. We can't PM until we meet in the labyrinth.

We can also scan each other if we meet up, so we have a self scan amongest the group. Based on our descriptions, I suspect that if we team up, as a pack, we might be able to fight as one against a wolf or soemthing, but that is just based on our description, and not on anything that has been said overtly by the gm to me.

Telle 08-07-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803795)
We can also scan each other if we meet up, so we have a self scan amongest the group. Based on our descriptions, I suspect that if we team up, as a pack, we might be able to fight as one against a wolf or soemthing, but that is just based on our description, and not on anything that has been said overtly by the gm to me.

So having the ability to scan each other when you meet means that you don't know for sure right now if you're all villagers. Well that sucks. Would have been simpler if we had an instant CoT of 3 :)

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803795)

Teaming up makes sense, but I almost wonder if, since you have the self-scan, that two of you may be good and one bad, otherwise it is a slightly odd dynamic. I'm not saying I want to lynch one of you, in fact if/when you guys meet up, I just think we'll find it is more likely 2 good and 1 bad rather than all 3 good.

RendeR 08-07-2008 05:48 PM

I like this idea that if they all vote together we should follow them. Is Tyrith the only other one with a vote on him at this point? Seems simple enough to get everyone to move to Ty, a lynch, ANY lynch is good tonight, Right Tyrith?

RendeR 08-07-2008 05:49 PM

Massive thunderstorm rolling through Buffalo right now.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1803801)
Teaming up makes sense, but I almost wonder if, since you have the self-scan, that two of you may be good and one bad, otherwise it is a slightly odd dynamic. I'm not saying I want to lynch one of you, in fact if/when you guys meet up, I just think we'll find it is more likely 2 good and 1 bad rather than all 3 good.

Is that possible? Sure it is. In this game, who knows. It means the GM gives you a three day guarantee that you kill a wolf by voting them off one day at a time, so it's risky to create subgroups with one wolf and a few villagers, because it gives the villagers too much info. But, that doesn;t mean its not true here and now.

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 05:52 PM

I feel very much like Path12 and have gone from starting fairly aggressive to really not seeing the right places to push. For myself, I've expanded this game to each of us vs. 3 evil entities (wolves, minotaur, and labyrinth/Jester). I feel like I'm making progress versus the labyrinth, as I'm sure all of us do and that seems to be the one way we can win without having to confront the other two (one of whom we can't beat). All of that is said because I'm bringing myself to a vote that in almost any other game, I hate.

vote no lynch

I still may be kicking myself enough to change it but frankly, I don't buy every reveal we've heard (and yet can't doubt them because I have no other info and I'm not talking about the Raptors), I'm not sure that every member of the trio is good (now I am talking about the Raptors), and yet there is nothing overtly pinging me for any of the three raptors and Pass has stuck to his alchemist story and Mccollins is back.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 05:54 PM

from the PM I
am very convincced we are all
on the side of good

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803804)
Is that possible? Sure it is. In this game, who knows. It means the GM gives you a three day guarantee that you kill a wolf by voting them off one day at a time, so it's risky to create subgroups with one wolf and a few villagers, because it gives the villagers too much info. But, that doesn;t mean its not true here and now.

I agree with you whole-heartedly here and I don't want to try to cherry-pick which one might be bad yet. I'm going no lynch, hoping you three meet up soon, and we go from there. Like I outlined earlier, after my incident with the blades in the cage, I fear a "worst case scenario" day where the wolves get one, we lose on in the labyrinth to a trap, we vote off poorly, and the minotaur takes one. That takes down the overall game population by 1/4 and likely the good guy population by 1/3.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803794)
No clue. May have to just vote in self defense.

Alright....Clap went with Tyrith so I'm going that way.

vote Tyrith

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 06:05 PM

I have absolutely zero against Tyrith, so this is merely a self defense vote.

Vote Tyrith

Telle 08-07-2008 06:09 PM

Ok, as I said I will follow the lead of the three raptors.

UNVOTE ABE SARGENT
VOTE TYRITH

claphamsa 08-07-2008 06:16 PM

dearest telle good vote
its velociraptors plz
u love poetry!

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1803802)
I like this idea that if they all vote together we should follow them. Is Tyrith the only other one with a vote on him at this point? Seems simple enough to get everyone to move to Ty, a lynch, ANY lynch is good tonight, Right Tyrith?

Does this mean you're going to make it a 5-4 game?

Tyrith 08-07-2008 06:50 PM

This isn't how I wanted this to go, obviously, but not unexpected. I have a normal seer ability - my title is the oracle, and I'm a normal human, just with some freaky mind powers, as you'd expect. Night one I scanned Lathum, who turned up good. Night two I tried to scan Render, but something interfered with my ability to focus in on his mind so I didn't get a scan - it was pretty clear that it was wolf interference.

Yeah, I've been pretty aggressive in this game. If I was anything other than this it would have been pretty obvious, or so I thought - we've had a lot of normally loud people go quiet in this game. I earnestly believe we need to be lynching people or else we're going to find ourselves in trouble. If you go ahead and lynch me...that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'll be around for a few minutes.

Tyrith 08-07-2008 06:50 PM

Dola, I'll also try very hard to be back before the deadline.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-07-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1803837)
Night two I tried to scan Render, but something interfered with my ability to focus in on his mind so I didn't get a scan - it was pretty clear that it was wolf interference.

Hmmmm......

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 06:54 PM

Tyrith I need to ask you a question while you are still here. Do you have any powers besides scanning? A second power or action you can take?

Tyrith 08-07-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1803843)
Tyrith I need to ask you a question while you are still here. Do you have any powers besides scanning? A second power or action you can take?

I have a once per game where at 3 I can focus my scan to make sure it doesn't get interfered with that night, but that's it. Generally I'm just a normal human running around in a maze with scary monsters and pit traps that can slaughter me.

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 06:58 PM

holy god - today kicked my ass. I lost track of time around 10:30 and didn't look at a clock again till like 3:15 - didn't even really have time then to post about what was going on

Tyrith 08-07-2008 07:00 PM

Sadly, I really have to go now - I will try really hard to be back before the lynch, probably in the neighborhood of 830-840 CST.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:05 PM

this is not good guys
is tyrinth the seer? or not
can we no lynch ::sigh::

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:05 PM

I met abe and he said he's good and he also said that clap and farrah are the other raptors. It's my thinking that one of the raptors might be bad - seems weird to have them all know each other and all be good - I can easily see a twist in that

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 07:05 PM

Okay folks, I'm putting almost everything out there.

On Night One I ran into a fellow player who claimed to have scanned me and found me good. We pm'd each other and that player told me that they were teh seer, their name, and class and abilities.

I will not, as of now, tell you who that person was. Perhaps they really are teh seer, and I want to protect them.

Tyrith claims to be teh seer. We have several notes:

Perhaps we have two seers. Tyrith claims to be an Oracle. The person who claimed to have been a seer also claimed to be an oracle. That's good for Tyrith.

Perhaps that person was a seer, and Tyrith is lying. The wolves might know the names of various roles, or have found out through some game mechaincs. Somes games have included a rule where they knew the roles aheadof time (in that case, they knew which gods where in the game). Its a rare mechanic, but it does exist.

Perhaps Tyrith is telling the truth and this other person lied to me. There was no kill on Night One, so I tend to beleive that the wolfes would choose to kill someone they were adjacent to rather than make up a story about being an oracle.

Perhaps both are wolves, and they created the oracle story to use between them.

Of the four, I am leaning towards the first, except for one thing.

The other person claimed to have a second Action which is NOTHING like the second action Tyrith just claimed.

The other person claimed to only be able to scan people they run into, not anyone, as Tyrith just suggested.

So, it is possible that we have two seers and both have scanning abilities but they are different? Sure it is, no question. In fact, if I had two seers, I;d want to make sure they do not duplicate each other exactly. However, I wanted to toss this info out there for you, so that you are up to speed.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 07:07 PM

I've met three peopel this game so far, and none have killed me, so they go up my COT - DT, teh dead PF, and a unnamed third. That's why I was surpirsed to find out PF was a wolf, but he wasnt I just read the thing wrong.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 07:07 PM

Now if I end up dying, you have almost all of the info that I have, so the village isn;t screwed.

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:07 PM

I don't buy his reveal at all - It'd be nice if we could get Abe and the other raptors to vote Tyrith.

VOTE TYRITH

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 07:09 PM

IIf anyone has a suggestion for an alternate route, let me know. I don;t automatically disbelieve Tyrith, because he gave me the same title (Oracle) but none of the other details match up, so if that is something, then its something. Is it a smoking gun? Of course not. So he's got facts going in both directions for him, to my mind.

Abe Sargent 08-07-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1803855)
I don't buy his reveal at all - It'd be nice if we could get Abe and the other raptors to vote Tyrith.

VOTE TYRITH

Umm, you already have that....

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:10 PM

hoopie doo!

I don't see Tyrith's reveal as very compelling - seems pretty convienent and early - particularly given the potential for lack of lyches that we've observed in this game.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:10 PM

DT hasnt read
anythign that is happening
busy day makes life tough

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:13 PM

nope - I caught up clap. Only like ~4 pages

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1803855)

VOTE TYRITH

you caught up did you
read thread again you must k
let the force guide you

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:17 PM

yoda haiku wow
challenge myself i must do
deathstar aim at wolves!

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:17 PM

the force?

lol

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:21 PM

star wars i hate you
give me buffy and a stake plz
faith is extra hot

RendeR 08-07-2008 07:26 PM

Once there was a poet named clap.
Who really was a pleasent sort of chap.

He posted in haiku
His talent was nere'do
And he tortured us all like a sap.

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:30 PM

what's the vote-count like?

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:31 PM

a 9 hour car ride
RendeR challenges my head
a lolcat haiku

RendeR 08-07-2008 07:31 PM

back in a bit

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:32 PM

lol @ render's sig! how fitting for me

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:33 PM

IM IN UR LYNCHING
LOOKIGN FUR WOLVS OR OLDCHIENTS
NOM NOM U BICHEZ!

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 07:33 PM

Abe, I think I'm leaning the same way as you, that there might be multiple seers, although I guess I am perturbed by the differences as well. But from what we've seen, the Raptors can scan each other, mystery player #1 can scan people that he/she meets in the labyrinth, and Tyrith can scan people's minds. We've got a lot of scanning abilities in play, even before Tyrith put out his reveal so I'm *slightly* inclined to believe him but wouldn't be heart-broken over a lynch either I guess.

claphamsa 08-07-2008 07:34 PM

I will leave you all
for about 60 minits
need to pack for hell!

DaddyTorgo 08-07-2008 07:35 PM

PB - shouldn't that make you LESS inclined to believe Tyrith's reveal?

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 07:35 PM

Where are you off to Claph?

PurdueBrad 08-07-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1803884)
PB - shouldn't that make you LESS inclined to believe Tyrith's reveal?

Four players, seemingly for sure, have some sort of scan before his reveal, what is the difference between four and five? Plus, while it doesn't involve people, I have a scanning ability as well. So no, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him have some sort of ability to scan.

Telle 08-07-2008 07:41 PM

Votes as of post 1048:

5 - Tyrith - claphasma (820), Farrah (1012), Abe Sargent (1013), Telle (1014), DaddyTorgo (1029)
4 - Abe Sargent - Lathum (845), Barkeep (926), mccollins (966), Tyrith (969)
2 - No Lynch - Passacaglia (971), PurdueBrad (1009)