Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Soccer Text-Based Sims (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Hattrick (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=69618)

sterlingice 01-22-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 2593307)
Hippopotami vs Penguins this weekend, I see!

Yeah, so going back to previous point about how hard II.3 is. I lost to TP, 7th place team, this past weekend at home

SI

Masked 01-23-2012 03:59 PM

I've drifting away from HT in the past month or two. I've missed a few friendlies and let my youth team fall into neglect.

Fortunately, my onfield performance has done very well despite my neglect. With two games to go, I am in a tie for first place with a 3 goal advantage in goal differential. If the season ended today, I would be auto-promoting to D2.

TargetPractice6 01-23-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2598774)
Yeah, so going back to previous point about how hard II.3 is. I lost to TP, 7th place team, this past weekend at home

SI

3rd through 6th only separated by 2 points. It could really shake out a number of ways. If my team hadn't laid an egg against Westchester in week 10 I'd be right in the thick of it too. :(

sterlingice 01-23-2012 07:56 PM

Thing is- even with 2 left to go, I still have to worry about you catching me from behind. I'm up 5 points but I could see you going 2-0 while I go 0-2. It's not the most likely scenario, but it's definitely possible.

SI

TargetPractice6 01-25-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2599867)
Thing is- even with 2 left to go, I still have to worry about you catching me from behind. I'm up 5 points but I could see you going 2-0 while I go 0-2. It's not the most likely scenario, but it's definitely possible.

SI

That's exceedingly unlikely... I'll be a pretty big underdog in both of my remaining matches.

sterlingice 01-31-2012 08:41 PM

Sorry, TP, but I escaped auto-relegation. Now I'm in 5th with 20 while 3rd-6th has between 18 and 22 and emmpee needs to get back to MLS, where he belongs.

SI

MIJB#19 02-05-2012 04:53 PM

Just finished my first (not full) hattrick season with my first double digit win over a bot team. 3rd place was my destiny after choking a 1-0 game against the team that finished 2nd, even beating the series champions on the road didn't help.

sterlingice 02-05-2012 07:51 PM

Woo! We survive another brutal season in II.3! 4th place is as much as I could have expected this season as we had a walkover team and then 7 really good teams and I probably have the least talent of all of them. Will this be the second time I last 3 seasons in II?

SI

OldGiants 02-06-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2604831)
Woo! We survive another brutal season in II.3! 4th place is as much as I could have expected this season as we had a walkover team and then 7 really good teams and I probably have the least talent of all of them. Will this be the second time I last 3 seasons in II?

SI

Congrats on a fine season!

I finished fourth last year, hoped to make it to third and came in second by a wide margin.

The most irritating thing this season is training. I had my #1 trainee keeper pop to level 16 on December 17, the same day I began a holiday visit and two weeks of not paying much attention to Hattrick. So I didn't sell him as I normally would. Now it is seven weeks later and he still hasn't popped to 17. He's 21 now, so the lower training has kicked in, but sheesh.

I won't do this again, ever.

GoldenEagle 02-07-2012 04:16 PM

It should be your series to lose next year, OG. The team replacing Slideshow is basically a bot and the two teams coming up from VI are very weak. In fact, the whole series will be much weaker next season. Sharks of San Jose and Trestelburg don't pay much attention to their teams.

I should win my qualifier, but you never know. I probably should have finished third, but forgot to submit my lineup at home against Gugahodgen.

Either way, it should be interesting next year. I don't have the money to invest in my midfield to make a run at the first place, but I am hoping to wind up second.

OldGiants 02-09-2012 03:10 PM

I hope you're right about my chances. I didn't pay much attention after the Cup matches ended.

What does Gugahogden mean? There was team in my series called that, too. They're going down.

GoldenEagle 02-11-2012 03:31 AM

I am saying that I would have finished in 3rd had I not messed up my home match against them. I am in your series, Arkansas Cobras.

MacroGuru 02-12-2012 07:23 PM

So I won my series, but I didn't score enough pts to auto...Playing my promotion match right now...I am completely dominated in all areas and I am counter attacking. I should be up 3 or 4 to 1 (Based upon blocked shots), but I find myself down 1-0.

Looks like I will sit in VI for a season again, This may be boring..

OldGiants 02-20-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle (Post 2607724)
I am saying that I would have finished in 3rd had I not messed up my home match against them. I am in your series, Arkansas Cobras.

Hah! I did not realize that at all. I'm not paying much attention to Hattrick right now, pretty much going through the motions.

It'll be fun playing you, however.

sterlingice 02-20-2012 08:53 PM

Prices seem pretty depressed at the moment for higher end talent. I got an older but really good winger (27yo wc pm, titan wing) and 24yo mythical pm with high passing combined for under $7M. Still have $10M in the bank but not looking to make a huge splash at the moment with it.

SI

PilotMan 02-25-2012 09:38 AM

I have to admit that I'm intrigued, but I still haven't really missed the game much since I left.

Manager PilotMan,

I have an interesting job offer for you over at Hattrick.org

It seems people from your old club Midwest Ice Storm FC are setting up a new team, and they want you back as the manager. You can pick up your career and keep building on your fine reputation in the Hattrick world.
Click here to read more about it.

Lots of things have changed over there since the last time you were active. Team builders such as yourself will appreciate the new training system, which has made it easier to train versatile players.
Also, building a team for the long term is now more efficient, as players develop loyalty towards your club over time, and this makes them fight harder for your colours.

GoldenEagle 02-28-2012 11:43 AM

One of my original players got hurt and was never coming back from the injury. He was a scrub, but it was still hard firing him. It is kind of weird.

I still have two original players left, one who played a significant number of minutes last season.

FrogMan 03-01-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PilotMan (Post 2613730)
I have to admit that I'm intrigued, but I still haven't really missed the game much since I left.

Manager PilotMan,

I have an interesting job offer for you over at Hattrick.org

It seems people from your old club Midwest Ice Storm FC are setting up a new team, and they want you back as the manager. You can pick up your career and keep building on your fine reputation in the Hattrick world.
Click here to read more about it.

Lots of things have changed over there since the last time you were active. Team builders such as yourself will appreciate the new training system, which has made it easier to train versatile players.
Also, building a team for the long term is now more efficient, as players develop loyalty towards your club over time, and this makes them fight harder for your colours.

got the same email and I'm intrigued too. Still can't access it from work, is the game accessible via iPhone in any way? That'd mean no flash or such things...

Although, like PM said, I've not really missed the game, just intrigued.

FM

GoldenEagle 03-01-2012 11:26 AM

I don't think there is any flash on the site, so you should have no problem from an iPhone.

I am having fun with it. I got quite agitated when my team drew a match we should have won. Things have not changed that much, to be honest.

OldGiants 03-08-2012 07:08 AM

FWIW, I mostly play Hattrick from my Droid. The mobile website is fine for following the games while watching TV, but otherwise useless. The ability to bid on players while at work is what keeps me going with this otherwise 'meh' game.

MIJB#19 03-20-2012 10:04 AM

Any advice for a second-season player? I'm in a division with one clear-cut light years ahead stronger team and six teams that are, as it appears, doormats compared to my own team. I have no idea whether promotion is a good idea right now, but for future reference I'd still be interested how to handle the situation. My team ID is 815300, the team name is Maassluis FC.

sterlingice 03-20-2012 09:19 PM

i would definitely not promote until I had something brewing underneath on my team. You want to make that next leap when your whole team is ready. Basically, you've sold off your trainees, gotten better across your team, and then promote when your next level of trainees is rising up.

SI

sterlingice 03-22-2012 05:40 AM

Anyone wanting to get together for one of the little tournaments? I wanted to test out the engine so first 3 people that post here I'll send invites out to (let me know team name).

SI

TargetPractice6 03-22-2012 08:42 AM

I'm in for a tournament. Team name is Airborne Penguins ;)

Tellistto 03-22-2012 08:59 AM

I'll toss my team in. Fizzle United.

Tell

sterlingice 03-22-2012 09:25 AM

Invites sent to both of you :)

SI

Tellistto 03-22-2012 09:46 AM

Bleh, teach me to read more on this stuff. Sorry, SI, no credits and no desire to give HT money right at the moment.

Tell

sterlingice 03-22-2012 09:47 AM

Well, I'm a dufus. I thought you only had to be a supporter to organize and anyone could join. My bad, too. Reading: It's funducational!

SI

sterlingice 03-23-2012 05:34 AM

Need one more for a mini-FOFC cup. TP, Masked, and myself are in.

SI

MIJB#19 03-23-2012 06:19 AM

Sorry, already joined a tournament earlier on, which means I've ran out of HT credits to join another.

sterlingice 03-27-2012 11:26 AM

We just need one more team. Anyone up for a mini-tournament?

I threw some other invites out there. Hopefully someone can bite

SI

Masked 03-27-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2630007)
We just need one more team. Anyone up for a mini-tournament?

I threw some other invites out there. Hopefully someone can bite

SI

It looks likes someone joined and the matches are booked.

Poli 03-27-2012 06:03 PM

I'll join some time.

sterlingice 03-29-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masked (Post 2630111)
It looks likes someone joined and the matches are booked.

Carligula joined up so we're full. Remember to send lineups ahead of Monday's games

SI

MIJB#19 04-07-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 2625997)
Any advice for a second-season player? I'm in a division with one clear-cut light years ahead stronger team and six teams that are, as it appears, doormats compared to my own team. I have no idea whether promotion is a good idea right now, but for future reference I'd still be interested how to handle the situation. My team ID is 815300, the team name is Maassluis FC.

Hah, so much for that...
The clear-cut light years ahead stronger team apparently went into bot-mode and got a new owner yesterday, complete with a new collective of scrubs.

That makes tomorrows game not the most anticipated part of the Hattrick day, the interesting stuff will be how much will be paid for my outstanding soon-to-be-20yo defender that popped a day after transfer listing him for only 199K.

MIJB#19 04-08-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 2636498)
That makes tomorrows game not the most anticipated part of the Hattrick day, the interesting stuff will be how much will be paid for my outstanding soon-to-be-20yo defender that popped a day after transfer listing him for only 199K.

Today I learned the hard way that players that are transferlisted are listed at their transferlist skill levels and not at their current levels. My best player today got sold for 257K, which is at least 15% below the low end of his market value. Blech.

MIJB#19 08-15-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 2636498)
Hah, so much for that...
The clear-cut light years ahead stronger team apparently went into bot-mode and got a new owner yesterday, complete with a new collective of scrubs.

Smallish update: My team ended up the series champion and promoted to the dutch VII series. In my first season there, we lucked into a relatively easy collection of teams and have been battling for second place so far. A crucial 1-0 loss last Sunday pushed us back to third and makes promotion less likely. Not like we could afford the promotion right now. :D

sterlingice 08-15-2012 08:36 PM

Stumbling along in my 4th season in II.3 in 7th place. I've been HTRF'd out of probably 7 points I should have and it will be a struggle to avoid auto-relegation. If I can pull it off, it will be very satisfying :)

Also, in another few weeks, I'll be the first team in the entire USA with a full flag collection: 128 home and away. Just 6 more easy weeks to go.

SI

MIJB#19 08-16-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2702022)
Also, in another few weeks, I'll be the first team in the entire USA with a full flag collection: 128 home and away. Just 6 more easy weeks to go.

Wow, nice!
I haven't even started trying to collect, I've stuck with the 'pool' picks... :redface:

MIJB#19 08-16-2012 04:03 PM

About that flag collection, you planned that well, you have 5 easy ones for the last bunch. :D

sterlingice 08-16-2012 05:27 PM

It took a ton of work on the front end to get to that point

SI

MIJB#19 08-17-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2702332)
It took a ton of work on the front end to get to that point

SI

... and hoping there won't be any new countries in the future. ;)

sterlingice 08-17-2012 07:43 AM

I was up to 124 away when they expanded to 128 so I had to go slog it out with all the payers for the new 4. It was annoying, to say the least.

SI

finketr 08-21-2012 03:53 PM

Yeah.. and being in II doesn't hurt either. :)

MIJB, you can just challenge me every week: 221902

MIJB#19 08-21-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finketr (Post 2704092)

MIJB, you can just challenge me every week: 221902

Alright, I'll try not to forget next Thursday.

MIJB#19 08-21-2012 05:35 PM

By a leap of faith, my team somehow defeated the series leader 2-1 at home, after going 1-0 doing. That catenacchio works wonders! At the same time the second ranked team was held to a 0-0 draw by the newly hired now best goalkeeper in the series (before that transfer, my goalkeeper was the weekly pick for team of the week). In third on goal difference now but with a slightly easier schedule in hand. My team will probably get killed in the VI.series, but we're trying to finish 2nd as long as we're in the race. ;)

sterlingice 08-21-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finketr (Post 2704092)

I won't lie about that: being in III and II helps a lot.

SI

Alf 08-22-2012 02:01 AM

Hey. Grats on the flag collection. I'm still playing HT. My team is not doing anything as I don't spend much time on it. But I am still collecting flags. Saudi Arabia this week for me.

sterlingice 08-22-2012 08:03 AM

I'm in 7th still after another close loss and if I relegate, it might be time to blow it up, go for all of the achievements I can, freefall in the standings, and then retire the team

SI

MIJB#19 08-23-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2704245)
I won't lie about that: being in III and II helps a lot.

SI

Still being such a rookie: playing an opponent that plays at such a high level is good for attendance for a friendly?