Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CXXXIII - The Dark Knight - MOBSTERS WIN (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=81449)

Autumn 05-23-2011 08:34 AM

Werewolf CXXXIII - The Dark Knight - MOBSTERS WIN

The Dark Knight will be a fairly standard Werewolf game, albeit with secret roles and rules. Players can assume that some elements of standard Werewolf are at play, but that they may be altered to fit the theme and characters of the game. This game will start after the Memorial Day weekend, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Gotham City

Once a proud city known for its teeming ports and love of culture, Gotham is now known for its unparalleled corruption. From the highest office, to the lowest civil servant, to the dirtiest bum the mob owns Gotham. If you're not being extorted by the bad guys, you're being paid by them. The best of men keep their heads down and hope they don't get noticed, that's what passes for virtue in the dirty city.

The world has written off Gotham City, and so have most of its citizens. But recently things have changed. A few individuals, some ordinary citizens, one extraordinary one, have made a stand against the criminals of Gotham. Their actions have inspired others, and for the first time in recent memory people in Gotham talk openly about change. There's a feeling of hope on the streets, the the ordinary people of Gotham can root out the criminals and have their city back.

The mob is on their heels, faced at night with the mystery of this Batman, and during the day with a legal system that's grown a backbone. But the mob has spent decades putting their roots in this city, and finding them all, let alone getting them put away, is no easy task. There may be citizens willing to speak up these days, but there's plenty of others who know how dangerous that is. From City Hall to the patrol cars, the mob owns as many employees as the good guys do. And the criminals of Gotham have shown before, they're not afraid to do whatever it takes to keep this city under their thumb.

Cast of Characters

The Mob

Sal Maroni

Batman may have been instrumental in putting behind bars the leader of the oldest crime family in the city, but rumor is that Sal Maroni has simply taken over where his predecessor left off. His family's got their fingers in everything in Gotham. With the Batman on the loose, and the cops eager to put him behind bars, Sal is keeping a very low profile.

Gambol

A truce has ended the battle between the various criminal organizations in Gotham. They say a man named Gambol runs one of the rival gangs to Maroni's. For now they all have bigger fish to fry than each other.

The Chechen

A newcomer to Gotham, the Chechen brings connections to drugs, weapons and human trafficking from Eastern Europe and Russia. Known for his savage attack dogs, no one's willing to ID this drug lord and put themselves in his crosshairs.

Lau

A Chinese national with seemingly legitimate business interests in Gotham City, Lau serves as the perfect money launderer for the mob. He fixes his books and sends the money overseas and back again with no one the wiser.

The Cops

Lieutenant Jim Gordon

In a department rife with corruption and apathy, Gordon's made a name for himself by insisting on going after the bad guys. Given the dubious distinction of heading his own anti-crime unit, he's got free rein to bring down the mob, or get killed trying. Gordon directs his own squad of officers in keeping the people of Gotham safe from Maroni and his ilk.

Police Officers

Gordon's squad may not be any more reliable than the rest of the department, despite being handpicked. But they supposedly do their best to keep Gotham's streets safe.

The Police Commissioner

Being the head of law enforcement in a town as crooked as Gotham is not a job most would envy. Would the mob dare take out a figure like this? Maybe if they're desperate. Or maybe they don't need to, maybe he's already in their pocket.

The Citizens

District Attorney Harvey Dent

Like Gordon, Dent is a lone voice in the DA's office pushing to clean up the streets of Gotham. He's proven he's willing to stand up publicly against criminals and corrupted officials alike, and is determined to take it all the way. Along with his fiancee Rachel Dawes, Harvey is a public servant the people of Gotham can finally believe in.

Assistant DA Rachel Dawes

Rachel may not have the public acclaim that her fiancee Harvey Dent has, but she has been relentless in her pursuit of the criminals of Gotham. While Dent is the court room performer who gets the bad guys put away, it's Rachel's legal prep work which gives him the case to begin with. Rachel has been targeted by the mob before, they're well aware that she's one of the Gotham citizens who is inspiring the city to fight back.

Batman

Opinion is still divided about what and who the Batman is. A vigilante? A criminal? Something supernatural? All Gotham knows is that this creature of the night has the mob running scared. Operating outside of the law, outside of society, the Batman seems more determined than anyone to rid the city of its criminal class, and more capable. People feel that much safer walking the streets at night, seeing the bat symbol shining in the clouds, knowing that for once they're not the only ones afraid of the shadows.

The Mayor

It takes a crafty politician to last any time in office in Gotham. Most get voted in on a show of principles, and voted out on a revelation of corruption. Where does this mayor stand?

The Judge

Being the one person who stands between the accused of Gotham City and the prison cell is not a great spot to be in. It requires someone with great character and courage, or someone with neither.

The Citizens

Most people of Gotham mind their own business, don't rock the boat and do what they have to do to get by. A few though have been inspired by the actions of Gordon, Dent, Dawes and most of all, The Batman. They've decided the unthinkable can be done, the mob can be driven out of Gotham City. Unfortunately by stepping up they've put themselves in the line of fire.

The Rules

DEADLINES

10 pm EST - Voting deadline. Any votes marked 10:01 or later will not count.

11 pm EST - Dawn deadline. Any night actions must be submitted by 11:00.

THE BASICS

No editing of posts.

No quoting of private messages.

No discussion of the game outside the thread.

The village wins if all criminals are removed from the game.

VOTING

Every day the village votes for who they wish to incarcerate. The villager who receives the most votes by day's end will be locked away for good (out of the game).

In order to vote, please post your vote in bold and on a separate line.

You may change your vote at any time before the deadline by posting an unvote and then a new vote, both in bold. You may vote No Lynch, and if No Lynch gains the most votes, there will in fact be no lynch. Nightfall votes must be unanimous and will still be dependent on my availability. Tie votes will be resolved by whichever candidate has the longest held vote on them.

CORRUPTION

In most cities, the police, the civil servants, these are considered the good guys. Gotham is not most cities, and if it's known for anything it's the depth of its corruption. It's a well known fact that a good deal of cops, judges, lawyers and politicians are on the mob's payroll, or in their pocket for one reason or another. The problem is, who knows which ones?

In this game certain of the villager roles will be corrupted. A villager will not be aware of whether they're corrupted or not. A corrupted villager still counts as a villager for victory purposes. However, the hidden effects of the villager's role will be altered by their involvement with the mob. The influence of a corrupted villager, like any role, will end if that villager is removed from the game. The villager's corruption will be revealed upon incarceration or death.

Only the unnamed roles can be corrupted: police officers, the mayor, the judge, the commissioner, the citizens.

Autumn 05-23-2011 08:35 AM

Credits

THE JOKER ............. DANNY (revealed Day One, captured Night Four)
CORRUPT CITIZEN ...... JAG (killed Night One)
SAL MARONI ............ MAUBOY1 (killed by the Joker, Day 2)
HARVEY DENT ........... BHLLOY (lynched, Day 2)
CITIZEN .................... NARCIZO (killed Night Two)
CITIZEN .................... DZILLA77 (lynched Day 3)
CITIZEN ..................... PACKERFANATIC/SCHMIDTY (killed randomly, Day 3)
THE MAYOR ............... THE JACKAL (killed Night Three)
CORRUPT JUDGE ..... ZINTO (Lynched Day 4)
LT. JIM GORDON ......... LATHUM (killed by the Joker, Day 4)
CORRUPT OFFICER .... THOMKAL (killed Night 4)
CITIZEN ..................... CHUBBY (lynched Day 5)
POLICE OFFICER ....... CHIEF RUM (killed Night 5)
THE CHECHEN ......... HOOPSGUY (lynched day 6)
CITIZEN ...................... MRBUG708 (lynched day 7)
THE BATMAN .............. ABE SARGENT (killed night 7)
POLICE OFFICER ....... MCKERNEY (lynched day 8)

THE COMMISSIONER .. J23 (STAYED ALIVE)
LAU ................ DARTH VILUS (STAYED ALIVE)
GAMBOL ................... TYRITH (STAYED ALIVE)
RACHEL DAWES ......... CRIMSONFOX/NTNDEACON (STAYED ALIVE)

Autumn 05-23-2011 08:35 AM

The Village

Major Victory - removing all criminals from the game - FAILED

The Joker

Victory - forcing Batman to reveal - FAILED
Victory - convincing the village to let him kill three people - FAILED

The Mob

Victory - removing all Costumed Crazies from the game - VICTORY
Victory - achieving a 1:1 ratio with the village - VICTORY

Harvey Dent
Victory - Rachel Dawes making it to the end of the game - VICTORY

The Jackal 05-23-2011 08:37 AM

I'm going on vacation Fri-Tues so I should probably sit this one out. If you're lacking in people I'll try and get in with limited activity those days.

Thomkal 05-23-2011 08:57 AM

I'm Batman, Dammit! Though that probably would get me nightkilled, so forget I said that...

I'm in.

mauchow 05-23-2011 09:27 AM

I'm on vacation for a week but I'm still in. I'll post from the beach.

Chief Rum 05-23-2011 09:43 AM

Autumn, when do you project this one starting?

Autumn 05-23-2011 10:15 AM

I'm open on that. I need a fairly big crew for this ruleset to work, so it won't go until we get that many. I would hope to start in a day or two.

Chief Rum 05-23-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2474019)
I'm open on that. I need a fairly big crew for this ruleset to work, so it won't go until we get that many. I would hope to start in a day or two.

Actually, a longer space between now and the start is better for me at the moment, as I am experiencing computer issues with my desktop and have a new laptop in transition to me at the moment (which may or may not get here quickly). As a result, I have to resort to posting from work at my daytime job (limiting my availability to that time, and not even considering actual work getting in the way) or posting from my IPhone (a tremendous pain in the ass).

Go ahead and put me tentatively in, but I reserve the right to pull myself out before you send roles, if I determine it's going to be too hard for me to give your game its just due.

Abe Sargent 05-23-2011 10:31 AM

In

PackerFanatic 05-23-2011 10:36 AM

Unfortunately going to have to pass - going on vacation late next week and I don't want to risk missing the end of the game. Sounds like a fun ruleset though!

JAG 05-23-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2473987)
I'm going on vacation Fri-Tues so I should probably sit this one out. If you're lacking in people I'll try and get in with limited activity those days.

That's basically me as well, I'd have very uncertain participation Thursday afternoon to Monday evening due to a short vacation, so I'll probably pass unless it ends up starting next week.

Narcizo 05-23-2011 11:23 AM

Very in.

Love Batman. Sounds like a really interesting idea with the cops and notwhat.

I'm going to be away Thursday-Sunday next week but I'll have the mobile broadband stuff that's served me so well before [/irony]

And, you know, it's Batman.

My only concern is the start of holidays may make 20 sign ups pretty hopeful.

Narcizo 05-23-2011 11:25 AM

Maybe start Tuesday next week with a quick game between to tide people over.

Autumn 05-23-2011 11:26 AM

Ah see, here's my problem, I'm my own boss, which means holidays do not exist for me, I wasn't even aware of that really.

People keep giving their availability and we can nudge it around for the best start time. Worst case scenario is we run a small game and hold off on this one until people are around.

Lathum 05-23-2011 11:37 AM

I'll be in Chicago Fri-Mon. If there is a break in the game or the game is going to start after that I am in.

Zinto 05-23-2011 11:42 AM

I am in

Autumn 05-23-2011 12:01 PM

Given the feedback so far, we can assume it will probably start after the holiday. I think everyone so far except for PackerFan would be okay with a Tues/Wed start next week, so I'll plan on that.

Chief Rum 05-23-2011 12:23 PM

I think that's a good idea.

In any case, we have been on a pretty good roll of running through games, so it's good to have a break for the holiday. It's not a long enough break that we're likely to break off from the momentum we have managed to build again in recent weeks.

Schmidty 05-23-2011 12:30 PM

Damn. I really want to be in. Like I mentioned in another thread, I'll be gone from 5/31 - 6/3 in the hospital. I'm doing a VEEG (Video EEG) so I'll be hooked up 24 hours a day, and they don't want me using things like laptops, so I won't be around for 4 days or so.

If there's any way you think I can make this work (like another person taking over for me), let me know, because I really want to play this one.

The Jackal 05-23-2011 12:38 PM

Count me in then.

The Jackal 05-23-2011 12:38 PM

Oh, you already did. :)

Autumn 05-23-2011 01:28 PM

If anyone wants to split time with Schmidty, I'm okay with that. Maybe that works for you PackerFan? When do you go away?

J23 05-23-2011 01:28 PM

I'm in.

MrBug708 05-23-2011 01:56 PM

ok

hoopsguy 05-23-2011 02:08 PM

I'll play, and hopefully have a bit more time to participate than last game.

mckerney 05-23-2011 03:32 PM

I'm in.

Darth Vilus 05-23-2011 03:32 PM

i'll play.

no joker?

bhlloy 05-23-2011 04:14 PM

I'm in if it's after the holiday

PackerFanatic 05-23-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2474087)
Damn. I really want to be in. Like I mentioned in another thread, I'll be gone from 5/31 - 6/3 in the hospital. I'm doing a VEEG (Video EEG) so I'll be hooked up 24 hours a day, and they don't want me using things like laptops, so I won't be around for 4 days or so.

If there's any way you think I can make this work (like another person taking over for me), let me know, because I really want to play this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2474121)
If anyone wants to split time with Schmidty, I'm okay with that. Maybe that works for you PackerFan? When do you go away?

That actually might work well - I am leaving for vacation on 6/3, so I could play up until that point and Schmidty can take over after that if everyone is cool with that.

Tyrith 05-23-2011 06:04 PM

I'm kind of on the fence. I want to play, but I can't participate nearly as much during the day as I used to, and generally just don't have a ton of time except during the evenings, and a couple of days a week I'm usually busy doing stuff. On the whole, I feel like it makes me a good bit less effective than I could be otherwise. But, keeping that in mind, I suppose I'll give it another go. The break does help, though - I probably wouldn't sign up if the game was going to try to start this week.

Danny 05-23-2011 06:12 PM

I haven't read the rules yet, but I'm sure I am in

Autumn 05-23-2011 06:25 PM

Great signup so far, thanks guys.

Let me know if anyone sees a problem wtih PackerFan and Schmidty switching off.

Autumn 05-23-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2474175)
no joker?

Who's Joker?

Narcizo 05-24-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2474221)
Let me know if anyone sees a problem wtih PackerFan and Schmidty switching off.

Don't see it being a problem and if it helps two people participate who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to then that should be ok.

Tyrith - if you can participate as much as in the last game then I don't think you have to worry about things.

18 sign-ups in less than a day is pretty impressive.

ntndeacon 05-24-2011 11:02 AM

Since starting after memorial day...
in

Autumn 05-24-2011 01:38 PM

Danny 05-24-2011 06:18 PM

No super villian though, batman should get an instant win!

Tyrith 05-24-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 2474357)
Don't see it being a problem and if it helps two people participate who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to then that should be ok.

Tyrith - if you can participate as much as in the last game then I don't think you have to worry about things.

18 sign-ups in less than a day is pretty impressive.

Mostly it's just last game was less than I used to and less than I would prefer in a perfect world, but that would require about 14 more hours in a day.

The Jackal 05-24-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2474809)

Well.. you never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2473982)
The Dark Knight will be a fairly standard Werewolf game, albeit with secret roles and rules.

Autumn 05-24-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2474809)

Yeah, should be a cakewalk. Let's get this thing over with!

Narcizo 05-25-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2473993)
I'm Batman, Dammit!

Surely you mean you're The Goddamned Batman!

Autumn 05-25-2011 08:26 AM

BATMAN SIGHTING IN GOTHAM CITY
Gotham Gazette
May 25th, 20100

The picture below was snapped last night by an amateur photographer in the Financial District of Gotham City. The photograph apparently reveals the infamous (famed?) Batman, vigilante and scourge of Gotham's underworld. Pictures of the caped crusader are very rare, with most indications of the Batman's presence coming from interrupted crime scenes, or the light shining from the police department roof.

Reports of the nature of the Batman vary, yet this picture shows quite clearly that the creature is capable of flight, operating 60 stories up between skyscrapers. No reports have surfaced yet of the Batman's activities last night.

Danny 05-25-2011 08:57 AM

If I don't get Batman I will rage quit the game.

Narcizo 05-25-2011 09:03 AM

Noooo....... don't make Danny Batman - you can't have Batman being night killed night one or two.

Danny 05-25-2011 09:20 AM

Everyone knows Batman can't be killed at night.

The Jackal 05-25-2011 10:46 AM

Isn't that picture from China?

MrBug708 05-25-2011 11:10 AM

Gotham