Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Should we consider players leaving for draft or transferring rules? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89794)

Kodos 01-16-2015 01:42 PM

Should we consider players leaving for draft or transferring rules?

Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? - Operation Sports Forums

What are your thoughts on this. Worth a rule? I'm sure this will go down in flames like my other suggestions, but what the heck.

I could get behind the following rules:

1. If they want to transfer out, let them.
2. If they are projected to go in rounds 1-3, let them go. If they are projected to go in round 4-7, you can try to persuade them to return. It might help bring the top teams back to the field a bit.

Julio Riddols 01-16-2015 02:04 PM

I haven't really had any players who have left yet, but whatever works. If it would help us skip that stage in the off season, I'd be fine with letting whatever happen.

Kodos 01-16-2015 02:17 PM

It would shorten the offseason, which is something I'm always in favor of. :)

Eaglesfan27 01-16-2015 04:04 PM

Players are too easy to persuade to stay. In my solo career, I have a rule that I can't persuade them if they are 1st round projection or if their rating is over 90. I am all in favor of some type of house rule.

Kodos 05-23-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2992902)
Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? - Operation Sports Forums

What are your thoughts on this. Worth a rule? I'm sure this will go down in flames like my other suggestions, but what the heck.

2. If they are projected to go in rounds 1-3, let them go. If they are projected to go in round 4-7, you can try to persuade them to return. It might help bring the top teams back to the field a bit.

Quickly, before we advance to Players leaving, I've decided we are going to implement these rules. I expect to regret this in about 30 seconds (Gray).

Crosses fingers....

Kodos 08-28-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodos (Post 2992902)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 2992968)
Players are too easy to persuade to stay. In my solo career, I have a rule that I can't persuade them if they are 1st round projection or if their rating is over 90. I am all in favor of some type of house rule.

FYI: We will adhere to EF27's suggested rule in both the Ladder and the American going forward, in addition to the rule I created.

Eaglesfan27 08-28-2015 10:00 AM

Just to clarify, for NFL draft no persuading if they are projected in top 3 rounds or rated over 90. Correct?

Also, all transfers get to go.

Kodos 08-28-2015 11:41 AM

Yes and yes. I made a stickied post that has the clarified rules.