Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773127)
That helps. The only other exhausted person whose actions we don't know about is bullet. Meanwhile, I count 11 people who are not exhausted.

According to post 574, we had room for 11 people to sleep.

KWhit 07-09-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1773136)
Maybe I'm reading into things, but the PF comment about his PM is just striking me as odd. I'm not ready to put a vote on him yet, but it's definitely different from what everyone else seems to have rec'd. Plus, he posted that after BK had told us that some of the beds were damaged - so if he didn't want to reveal his actions last night it would have been a very simple and logical jump to say that he had tried to sleep but there weren't enough beds...

Thoughts???

Were there any other people who tried to sleep but couldn't because of lack of beds? It does appear that all were taken last night.

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 10:45 AM

"Let's hope that this mission is as good as yesterday's. I have another exploration mission ready," KWhit informs the crew.

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliegirl (Post 1773136)
Maybe I'm reading into things, but the PF comment about his PM is just striking me as odd. I'm not ready to put a vote on him yet, but it's definitely different from what everyone else seems to have rec'd. Plus, he posted that after BK had told us that some of the beds were damaged - so if he didn't want to reveal his actions last night it would have been a very simple and logical jump to say that he had tried to sleep but there weren't enough beds...

Thoughts???

Which comment? I made a couple - and the first one I made was made BEFORE I actually got the PM, so I wasn't actually sure what happened.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1770851)
Warden (1 AP per cycle)

Place in Protective Custody Day Only May compile a list of up to four people to place in the Brig during the night. The Security Headquarters must be undamaged during the day in order to do this. 1 AP

Quick question regarding this. The four people that are placed in protective custody, do they also sleep while in the brig? If so, I'm thinking that we may want to put two engineers in there to both protect them and let them rest.

KWhit 07-09-2008 10:47 AM

Telle if you're still around, could you go out on that mission with the same group you took yesterday? Unless you have a different thought, in which case, let's discuss it.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 10:47 AM

Is the brig-COT a safe idea? Could spawnlings have infected new people last night?

Also, I'd echo that the same people should leave the ship, less people to scan.

KWhit 07-09-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773141)
Quick question regarding this. The four people that are placed in protective custody, do they also sleep while in the brig? If so, I'm thinking that we may want to put two engineers in there to both protect them and let them rest.

We need the engineers working day and night.

Tyrith 07-09-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773130)
That is what I was initially thinking.. but the problem is if Saldana uses his AP for that, it means either Passacaglia has to gather slaves and we lose the brig or Hoopsguy has to gather slaves and we lose his various abilities.

We might be to a place here where we just say slaves have to go.. Saldana helps round them up, we kill them off and our engineers do night time work to fix the rest of the cargo hold. Then since with no slaves Saldana's role is pointless, he can be transfered to a different type of assignment as needed.

If we get this stabilized though those slaves could be so beneficial because we don't have to keep sending so many people outside...we're going to have to take a lot more risks of spawnling conversion if we don't keep using them.

Alan T 07-09-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

I believe they do sleep, but I would rather us use the Brig for our CoT.. Path needs to scan someone else today and then have Pass lock Path + that person in the brig... We'll have to discuss whether or not to put Kwhit in there now, as I mentioned yesterday I don't think we can assume anything that we can directly trace no spawn infection possibilities for...

So if no one guarded or protected kwhit last night (please say so if you did), then I don't personally think he should be locked in the brig.. and it should be only Path + the new person he scans.

KWhit 07-09-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773143)
Is the brig-COT a safe idea? Could spawnlings have infected new people last night?

Well, we didn't have a brig last night, so anything could have happened.

I was guarded by MrsS last night so I'm more CoT worthy than probably anyone else at this point, but nothing is certain, I'm afraid.

Alan T 07-09-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1773145)
If we get this stabilized though those slaves could be so beneficial because we don't have to keep sending so many people outside...we're going to have to take a lot more risks of spawnling conversion if we don't keep using them.

For the record, I haven't completely made up my mind on the slaves.. There is a high risk/reward factor to them.. Almost down to a person everyone chose the low risk/reward decision on where to land the ship, so I am assuming most would do the same here and ask for the slaves to be killed.

Alan T 07-09-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773148)
Well, we didn't have a brig last night, so anything could have happened.

I was guarded by MrsS last night so I'm more CoT worthy than probably anyone else at this point, but nothing is certain, I'm afraid.

Ahh I missed MrsS saying she guarded you. If she did do that, then yeah I'm ok with you going back in the brig again.. it leaves us a direct line to follow for other spawn to either Path or MrsS or both if you end up bad later on.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 10:51 AM

I'd agree on the Kwhit/brig issue

claphamsa 07-09-2008 10:53 AM

ok... did we get na answer on sleeping during the dya?

also why the talk of killing the slaves? the odds they get back out are small. and they do serve some purpuse!

and why over repair the hold, we have tons of crap to fix dont waste i t!

heinze is bugging me, anyone else? it seems hes makign suggestions and they are mostly couterproductive....

vote heinze!

Tyrith 07-09-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773149)
For the record, I haven't completely made up my mind on the slaves.. There is a high risk/reward factor to them.. Almost down to a person everyone chose the low risk/reward decision on where to land the ship, so I am assuming most would do the same here and ask for the slaves to be killed.

Game has changed since then, though. Our situation currently sucks, and sucks badly. If we take on more spawn and they break more stuff we may never get off this rock. It's going to take us several days just to fix the stuff that has already been broken. This isn't a high risk/high reward versus low risk/low reward -- it's just deciding what your high risk is going to be, and I'd rather hope we can keep our security HQ situation stable than deal with more infections.

claphamsa 07-09-2008 10:53 AM

oh yeah, I gotta go off to work now (even though ive been here for 5 hours :) )

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 10:54 AM

Ah ok, then if Mrs. S guarded you, I'm ok with that too.

Personally, I say we lock up the slaves and then not kill them. I'd imagine our odds at a 2nd revolt are slim and they can help mine

Marc Vaughan 07-09-2008 10:54 AM

Finally wakes up ... "Hi chaps" ... got a lot of reading to do to catch up ..

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 10:55 AM

IF we kill the slaves, doesn't that also mean that we can basically ignore the slave pens for repairs too and just focus on everything else (water pump, cargo hold, security, brig, engines)? I think that is what makes killing the slaves worthwhile. It eliminates one place we have to worry about.

Chubby 07-09-2008 10:55 AM

Just so everyone knows, I have to work tonight 1pm EST til close (10:30pm) so I won't be home til 11ish pm EST. I will have my vote in before I leave and I plan on voting for someone as I don't think we can do 2 nights without a lynch.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1773155)
ok... did we get na answer on sleeping during the dya?

also why the talk of killing the slaves? the odds they get back out are small. and they do serve some purpuse!

and why over repair the hold, we have tons of crap to fix dont waste i t!

heinze is bugging me, anyone else? it seems hes makign suggestions and they are mostly couterproductive....

vote heinze!

Nice vote and run.

And how am I counterproductive? If anything, I pointed out a moderator error that's going to greatly enhance our chances at avoiding dehydration.

But whatever man.

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1773162)
Finally wakes up ... "Hi chaps" ... got a lot of reading to do to catch up ..

Have fun...by the way, we already lynched you and found out you were spawn. ;)

Alan T 07-09-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773167)
Have fun...by the way, we already lynched you and found out you were spawn. ;)

lol...

mccollins 07-09-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1773127)
That helps. The only other exhausted person whose actions we don't know about is bullet. Meanwhile, I count 11 people who are not exhausted.

Which would coordinate with the 11 unbroken beds. However 6 more beds got broken at some point.

The Security HQ was fixed last night and should have protected the sleeping quarters.

BK - What's the timing on all that? The beds were broken while the Security HQ was still being fixed?

KWhit 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773149)

Well....

I already have some (slight) suspicion of Saldana being a spawn. This is because of his horrible performance mining yesterday. It's not much to go on, but it's better than nothing.

So we can sorta kinda kill two birds with one stone and lynch Saldana and kill the slaves today and we'd not be losing an important role and we'd get rid of the slave security risk. Kind of heartless, but such is life.

If I implicitly trusted Saldana, I'd probably advocate keeping the slaves alive, but I don't.

claphamsa 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773166)
Nice vote and run.

And how am I counterproductive? If anything, I pointed out a moderator error that's going to greatly enhance our chances at avoiding dehydration.

But whatever man.

someon eelse would have caught it. great way to build trust without actually doing anythign :)

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

path12 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

I don't want anyone in the brig except for people I've cleared.

claphamsa 07-09-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773164)
IF we kill the slaves, doesn't that also mean that we can basically ignore the slave pens for repairs too and just focus on everything else (water pump, cargo hold, security, brig, engines)? I think that is what makes killing the slaves worthwhile. It eliminates one place we have to worry about.

yeah but the pens cant be hurt if the sec HQ is fixed.... so its not such a big deal!

claphamsa 07-09-2008 10:59 AM

ok, gotta go...

sorry admiral, i was late cuz i was playign WW

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773164)

We have to fix the slave pens in order to kill them, unless we wanted to try running around killing them one at a time (which would suck).

Barkeep49 07-09-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1773171)
Which would coordinate with the 11 unbroken beds. However 6 more beds got broken at some point.

The Security HQ was fixed last night and should have protected the sleeping quarters.

BK - What's the timing on all that? The beds were broken while the Security HQ was still being fixed?

Correct.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1773173)
someon eelse would have caught it. great way to build trust without actually doing anythign :)

But if I'm a spawn, why even mention it? Frankly, I think I've been rather on the ball repairing things and doing my job, in addition to bringing up something that at least had a chance of not being noticed.

That's two people who've somewhat (in my mind) randomly brought me up, while I think I've been as villager as villager can be.

Something to keep in mind should I end up dead.

path12 07-09-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773143)

Also, I'd echo that the same people should leave the ship, less people to scan.

One point I'd like to clarify on the scanning -- I would far prefer to have clean or spawnling scans to form a CoT -- I'm not necessarily trying to find spawn, because when I do I'm dead and we're down a doc.

I look at it kind of like Stratego where the Spawn are the bombs I'm trying to avoid but will have to hit at some point......

mccollins 07-09-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1773145)

I fully agree.

Telle 07-09-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773142)
Telle if you're still around, could you go out on that mission with the same group you took yesterday? Unless you have a different thought, in which case, let's discuss it.

Sure, I'll get right on that.

Marc Vaughan 07-09-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773172)
I already have some (slight) suspicion of Saldana being a spawn.

Hey I up that and say I have a slight suspiscion of everyone being a spawn ... possibly including myself (I might have a split personality and not be telling myself everything ;) ) ...

However I will state for the case that I am NOT a spawn (that way which ever of you is an empath can verify me) ...

(thought this might be a useful thing to kick off if we're going to be able to form a circle of truth then he's the most likely person to be able to start it going)

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773176)
I don't want anyone in the brig except for people I've cleared.

That makes sense to me. I've gone from feeling like the engineers were a bit expendable to feeling like we might be more important than I originally thought and was trying to find a way to both get a couple of them rest and keep a couple of them safe. So I think once we get our hands around this current damage crisis, we start a rotation or work/rest with the engineers as long as we can. I think I also saw that there was another engineer being trained which is a very good thing.

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773186)
One point I'd like to clarify on the scanning -- I would far prefer to have clean or spawnling scans to form a CoT -- I'm not necessarily trying to find spawn, because when I do I'm dead and we're down a doc.

I look at it kind of like Stratego where the Spawn are the bombs I'm trying to avoid but will have to hit at some point......

Path, scan me please if you don't mind.

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1773186)

ha, I love that game. Haven't played in forever though.

But you're saying path that you'd almost rather not scan the people who leave the ship (since they'd presumably have a higher chance of being spawn)

Alan T 07-09-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773193)
Path, scan me please if you don't mind.

I'll explain why after I make sure you haven't already submitted a different scan order or not.. Would rather not give the reason out publically yet if you go a different direction

jeheinz72 07-09-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1773192)
I think I also saw that there was another engineer being trained which is a very good thing.

Yeah but it's clap, who IMO is looking spawn-y.

path12 07-09-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1773150)
Ahh I missed MrsS saying she guarded you. If she did do that, then yeah I'm ok with you going back in the brig again.. it leaves us a direct line to follow for other spawn to either Path or MrsS or both if you end up bad later on.

Did anyone guard me last night?

mccollins 07-09-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1773181)
We have to fix the slave pens in order to kill them, unless we wanted to try running around killing them one at a time (which would suck).

Sounds like the 2 phasers that are "spent" in the weapons locker were one-shot phasers to coordinate with the 2 dead slaves.

Sounds like we only have 3 more "bullets" to kill slaves with besides hoops' 3-shot phaser he has talked about.

Does anyone know if we have access to more 'phasers'? I never watched Star Trek - do these things recharge or something?

(Sorry, can't resist: "DON'T TASE ME BRO!!")

PackerFanatic 07-09-2008 11:07 AM

Stratego is awesome...

Passacaglia 07-09-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1773194)
ha, I love that game. Haven't played in forever though.

But you're saying path that you'd almost rather not scan the people who leave the ship (since they'd presumably have a higher chance of being spawn)

With Clue and Chess, I've had a bit of a board-game theme to my games. I thought about trying to do Stratego to keep the theme going, but I'd have to remember how to play again, and see if it's even possible to make it into a WW game.

I'm with path on that one -- people leaving the ship essentially become uncleared.

KWhit 07-09-2008 11:08 AM

Did anyone guard Path last night?

Chubby 07-09-2008 11:08 AM

Ok I'm going to get this in while I still have a few mins to be convinced otherwise...

Lynch Saldana

We've had one poor mission, led by Saldana, and nothing but problems with the slaves, with Saldana being the Slave Master. Maybe it's coincidence but maybe not. He's the highest on my distrusted list with myself and KWhit the highest on my trusted list since i know I'm not spawn and I'm pretty sure KWhit isn't spawn.

PurdueBrad 07-09-2008 11:09 AM

When did Hoops say that he would be around today?