Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

The Jackal 04-09-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2637229)
I suppose we should let the other guy have a say in the matter, but it makes sense to me.

In terms of identifying items, how do we process that in the thread?

I believe you have to hand something to me in the Black Market and then I hand it back.

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 03:59 PM

Does it take an action to process? Or is it immediate in terms of you post/I post/Abe processes?

Abe Sargent 04-09-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2637240)
I believe you have to hand something to me in the Black Market and then I hand it back.

No, just process the acion. Check ou tthe Black Market thread for deeails, but you trade the service, not the itme

Zinto 04-09-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2637226)
I think we can take this grain nymph down and claim that treasure.. I am wary however. What do you guys think?

I am believe we can too. The question is does everyone have enough supplies to move the next two days if we skip the sale? I do but if someone does not then we need to not attack the grain nymph this turn because if one of us does we all will go into combat.

Julio Riddols 04-09-2012 04:05 PM

Yeah.. I know I have enough to make it to the next sale, so I am not extremely worried about that aspect of things, but lets see what bhlloy thinks. If we do need to go to the sale, I do have that belt that I wouldn't mind getting rid of for some extra gold.

Julio Riddols 04-09-2012 04:07 PM

We can always attack her in the morning.

Thomkal 04-09-2012 04:09 PM

[Greenleaf the Qwith Ranger]

Greenleaf turned back towards the lighter bricks hoping for a more peaceful encounter. At first it looked like he might find one as a crowd sat around a cozy campfire. But one man rose and cursed at me then charged to the attack. How typical of humans-act rashly first without regard for the consequences.

He fell just as quickly as he charged and I turned my bow towards the others. They tensed but none moved for now, a quick search of the man's body revealed some food and a potion that I quickly pocketed. I then slung my bow over my shoulder, raised my hand in the universal sign of peace, and hoped the others around the fire would not follow the actions of their former companion.

(Has anybody been in this room?)

Thomkal 04-09-2012 04:16 PM

Pending some answers from the mod, I may be in need of someone to purchase an item from the Djinni sale for me. I have the scroll that lets me do a Black Market trade from a distance with anyone if you succeed in purchasing the item for me.

Will be stepping away from the computer shortly, so might not respond right away to anyone able to do that for me.

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 04:19 PM

BLACK MARKET:
ASK THE JACKAL TO IDENTIFY MACE
ASK THE JACKAL TO IDENTIFY RING

Danny 04-09-2012 04:26 PM

BLACK MARKET:
ASK JACKAL TO IDENTIFY SWORD
ASK JACKAL TO IDENTIFY BOW
ASK JACKAL TO IDENTIFY CHAIN MAIL
ASK JACKAL TO IDENTIFY BRACERS

Danny 04-09-2012 04:27 PM

I will gladly make it up to you, but first I need to sell an item or two to actually have some gold. Additionally, is there an item of these (except Bracers) that you might need?

Danny 04-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2637256)
BLACK MARKET:
ASK THE JACKAL TO IDENTIFY MACE
ASK THE JACKAL TO IDENTIFY RING

Looks like someone was keeping their ring secret :eek:

Abe Sargent 04-09-2012 04:32 PM

I have a meeting at 6 and I'm not sure exactly how long it will take. At least 2 hours, and perhaps longer. I won't be around to answer questions or to process thread acitivite,s but after I return I will

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:32 PM

BLACK MARKET:
THE DRUNKEN HARP IDENTIFIES ALL THIS MAGIC STUFF

Danny 04-09-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2637229)
I suppose we should let the other guy have a say in the matter, but it makes sense to me.

In terms of identifying items, how do we process that in the thread?

And yes, I welcome Jackal to the group. We should be able to venture into darker bricks with the three of us

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2637258)
I will gladly make it up to you, but first I need to sell an item or two to actually have some gold. Additionally, is there an item of these (except Bracers) that you might need?

The drunken harp could use the chain mail!

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 04:33 PM

Danny, do you want us to extend the party invite to Jackal? I would suggest that we do it, if only to have a manservant that identifies our items. Any impact he has in combat is strictly a bonus.

Speaking of combat, what went down with the dead creature in this room?

And, finally, what kind of actions would you guys like to take with this room? 3 of us, four heads. I'm going to need to see the Djinni first, but hoping that we still can explore this room before moving onto the next level.

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:33 PM

JACKAL JOINS PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:34 PM

Perhaps that was premature, but you can discuss amongst yourselves.

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2637259)
Looks like someone was keeping their ring secret :eek:

I didn't have it when we originally talked. I had not decided yet whether I was going to mention it today or not ... you were not around the thread much so that didn't help me in reaching a decision.

But I think you can be pretty safe assuming I'm going to be looking out for myself when I have the opportunity to do so. If this is breaking news, then you might not have the requisite intelligence to cast spells ... which would make you just about totally useless to me (last battle notwithstanding - still suffering deep shame from that one).

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2637265)

O-ho! I forgot to compose my epic ballad of victory!

I shall answer this in song form a bit later, but basically all you need to know is that I disabled it's most powerful attack and then it collapsed due to my overwhelming sexiness, and the power of my staff.

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 04:36 PM

ACCEPT JACKAL INTO PEANUTBUTTERJELLYTIME

Danny 04-09-2012 04:36 PM

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

And, finally, what kind of actions would you guys like to take with this room? 3 of us, four heads. I'm going to need to see the Djinni first, but hoping that we still can explore this room before moving onto the next level.

I have been in this room for two days now (mostly due to the lack of a torch, and because it seemed prudent to explore and wait for the Djinni to move onwards), I am confident that it will be fully explored with tomorrow's morning action, if it has not been already. I found a recipe scroll, a nocturne potion, and a helm of infravision which should make me exempt from needing torches!

The Jackal 04-09-2012 04:38 PM

So tomorrow we can all explore and if anyone finds something magical, I'll identify it for ya!

Danny 04-09-2012 04:39 PM

Abe, any chance we can get these items ID'ed before your meeting?

Danny 04-09-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Danny, do you want us to extend the party invite to Jackal? I would suggest that we do it, if only to have a manservant that identifies our items. Any impact he has in combat is strictly a bonus.

Im going to djinni sale and will likely search in the morning. Based on Jackal's post, it looks like this room is pretty dried up.

bhlloy 04-09-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2637250)
We can always attack her in the morning.

I don't need to go to sale until next time. I also have a scroll of Djinni summoning that I can use if we really run into dire straits. If we were to wait until tomorrow to attack, then we'd have to spend an extra day in the room as searching the chest would have to wait until the afternoon.

I think with those things considered its a no brainer to attack now. Even if we do go to the sale I don't have any gold to spend on anything good, it would just be to offload some stuff

Zinto 04-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2637287)
I don't need to go to sale until next time. I also have a scroll of Djinni summoning that I can use if we really run into dire straits. If we were to wait until tomorrow to attack, then we'd have to spend an extra day in the room as searching the chest would have to wait until the afternoon.

I think with those things considered its a no brainer to attack now. Even if we do go to the sale I don't have any gold to spend on anything good, it would just be to offload some stuff

You can sell and buy stuff at the same sale, just so you know for the next one. Alright then attacking her today sounds good.

Danny 04-09-2012 05:32 PM

And Hoops, sorry I wasn't around much today.

ntndeacon 04-09-2012 05:33 PM

Looks like a fairy is in peril in our room. An evil Druid is in the process of ssacrificing said fairy.

Chief Rum 04-09-2012 05:37 PM

Black Market:
Give Ragone Shield +1

This is just in case Ragone comes back and needs to sell this to get us some more gold.

hoopsguy 04-09-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2637292)
And Hoops, sorry I wasn't around much today.

Not a big deal, just made it hard for us to have a discussion. But we had the move orders in so we were fine.

The Jackal 04-09-2012 05:44 PM

Can it be assumed that a scroll of a magical spell teaches you that spell, or is it a one-off use?

Chief Rum 04-09-2012 05:47 PM

Ping: Abe.

How much, if any, gold do I have?

mauchow 04-09-2012 05:53 PM

I'm not sure if this was posted or not from my phone - I don't see it in the posts..

But we moved right from our previous location and we ended up where I originally started the game - the room with the staff. Hopefully Simbo will be able to take it out! Good luck to him!

The Jackal 04-09-2012 05:58 PM

It all started with a lamp and a light,
moonbeams dancing in the night
the night? no, the dark torchlit
and a figure whose presence fit

The dancer of the moon came and attacked
foolishly so though hard to predict
for a random foe the harp they picked
and thus into a pouch the dancer's dust packed.

Onwards, ho!
You mighty brave staff.
What, no?
A monster, not riff-raff!

There it stood, four heads and all
and spoke to the harp, COME FORTH AND DIE
not so much spoke as snarled and spit
with blood, bone, breath, and spirit.

Into its face the dust was flung
a magic missile?
Not anymore, lumbering one!
Staff and claw, leg and fist,
the beast did fall and cease to exist.

The story moves on, and on, and on!

Julio Riddols 04-09-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2637288)
You can sell and buy stuff at the same sale, just so you know for the next one. Alright then attacking her today sounds good.

Lets roll this bitch then.. Hopefully she doesn't charm us. Maybe we should use a torch to set her field on fire.. Can we do that?

Ragone 04-09-2012 06:04 PM

accept shield

Ragone 04-09-2012 06:13 PM

The altar gave me exp based on gold donation last time.. but it crumbled after use

Ragone 04-09-2012 06:40 PM

Rough guess... I'm gonna be 35 to 40 gold short for 2 figurines...

JAG 04-09-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2637299)
Can it be assumed that a scroll of a magical spell teaches you that spell, or is it a one-off use?

It's a one-time use item. Only mages and artificers can scribe spells from scrolls into their spellbook (but bards don't need a scroll to learn the spell anyway, you just pick them at the appropriate level).

The Jackal 04-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2637325)
It's a one-time use item. Only mages and artificers can scribe spells from scrolls into their spellbook (but bards don't need a scroll to learn the spell anyway, you just pick them at the appropriate level).

Thank you kind sir!

Thomkal 04-09-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2637306)
It all started with a lamp and a light,
moonbeams dancing in the night
the night? no, the dark torchlit
and a figure whose presence fit

The dancer of the moon came and attacked
foolishly so though hard to predict
for a random foe the harp they picked
and thus into a pouch the dancer's dust packed.

Onwards, ho!
You mighty brave staff.
What, no?
A monster, not riff-raff!

There it stood, four heads and all
and spoke to the harp, COME FORTH AND DIE
not so much spoke as snarled and spit
with blood, bone, breath, and spirit.

Into its face the dust was flung
a magic missile?
Not anymore, lumbering one!
Staff and claw, leg and fist,
the beast did fall and cease to exist.

The story moves on, and on, and on!

well done Drunken Harp, well done.

Thomkal 04-09-2012 07:21 PM

I'm ID'ing something right now to see how much I can sell it for in the Sale. Anyone willing to float me a loan or I have an Un-ID'ed potion I can trade if need be.

Abe Sargent 04-09-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2637262)
BLACK MARKET:
THE DRUNKEN HARP IDENTIFIES ALL THIS MAGIC STUFF

Processed and pms sent

Abe Sargent 04-09-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2637271)

Done

Abe Sargent 04-09-2012 07:36 PM

Would The Jackal like to put in a standing order to always ID items found buy the people in his party?

The Jackal 04-09-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2637358)
Would The Jackal like to put in a standing order to always ID items found buy the people in his party?

Yes

The Jackal 04-09-2012 07:38 PM

How's that chain mail look, Danny?