Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FBCB Interactive Player Dynasty- Season 2 (2015-2016) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89754)

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:00 PM

FBCB Interactive Player Dynasty- Season 2 (2015-2016)

Let's take a look at how our 4 recruits teams fared from season 1.

PG Randy Rodgers (Auburn)- The Tigers were 19-14 overall, 6-10 in the SEC. They lost in the second round of the CBI.

C David Ginsberg (Army)- It was very rough for Army, as they were 5-25 on the season, 3-11 in the Patriot. As expected, no postseason.

C Jace Hunter (Xavier)- Xavier went 25-8, 12-4 in the Atlantic Ten, losing in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

PF Ivan Carrillo (North Carolina)- The Tarheels went 31-7, 11-5 in the ACC, losing in the NCAA Elite Eight.

And now let's look at the player cards for our season 2 recruits, in order of national rank.

Code:

PF Eden James
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Height:      6-10
 Weight:      215
 High School: 
 Hometown:    Seoul, Korea
 GPA:          2.79
 Test Score:  1330
 Rating:      *****

Season Stats:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PTS OREB  REB  AST  TOS  A/T  STL  BLK  PFS
 22.7  3.7 15.0  0.9  1.7  0.53  0.8  4.2  1.8

Shooting Averages:
  FGM  FGA  FG%  FTM  FTA  FT%  3PM  3PA  3P%
  9.5 17.7  .534  3.6  7.7  .464  0.3  2.3  .109

Recruiting Notes:
 Qualified: Yes                                   
 Rankings: #21 Overall, #5 PF, Foreign #7 Overall, Foreign #2 PF
 High School Awards: None
 Top 5 Schools: Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, Tennessee

Code:

PG Al Mighty
 Height:      5-11
 Weight:      169
 High School:  Red Oak High School
 Hometown:    Red Oak, TX
 GPA:          2.95
 Test Score:  1060
 Rating:      ****

Season Stats:
 27.1  1.8  3.8  7.4  1.8  4.08  0.6  0.5  2.0

Shooting Averages:
 11.1 21.1  .525  1.0  1.3  .731  4.0  9.0  .447

Recruiting Notes:
 Rankings: #26 Overall, #7 PG, Midwest Region #11 Overall, Midwest Region #3 PG
 High School Awards: All-State, Mr. Basketball (Texas)
 Top 5 Schools: Kansas, Illinois, Baylor, Oklahoma, Louisville

Code:

SF Chester Smith
 Height:      6-7
 Weight:      212
 High School:  Coolidge HS
 Hometown:    , DC
 GPA:          2.68
 Test Score:  1040
 Rating:      ****

Season Stats:
 20.3  2.1  5.8  2.9  2.4  1.23  0.8  1.1  3.1

Shooting Averages:
  8.7 15.1  .575  2.3  3.4  .662  0.8  2.5  .300

Recruiting Notes:
 Rankings: #63 Overall, #19 SF, East Region #25 Overall, East Region #8 SF
 High School Awards: All-State
 Top 5 Schools: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois, Kansas

Code:

SG Ricardo Tubbs
 Height:      6-4
 Weight:      187
 High School:  W.J. Woodham High School
 Hometown:    Pensacola, FL
 GPA:          2.85
 Test Score:  890
 Rating:      **

Season Stats:
 15.4  1.7  5.7  2.8  2.8  1.00  1.6  0.5  2.8

Shooting Averages:
  6.6 13.0  .506  1.5  2.6  .577  0.8  3.0  .254

Recruiting Notes:
 Rankings: None
 Top 5 Schools: South Alabama, Southern Mississippi, Alabama State, New Orleans, Southeastern Louisiana

Code:

SG Mike Schaplowsky
 Height:      6-3
 Weight:      191
 High School:  Syracuse High School
 Hometown:    Syracuse, KS
 GPA:          2.57
 Test Score:  930
 Rating:      *

Season Stats:
  6.8  0.7  4.9  6.6  3.4  1.96  1.3  0.9  2.4

Shooting Averages:
  3.0  8.8  .337  0.6  1.0  .579  0.3  3.9  .078

Recruiting Notes:
 Rankings: None
 Top 5 Schools: South Dakota State, South Dakota, Denver, Northern Arizona, Central Arkansas

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:05 PM

August 2015

PF Eden James- Utah St. is showing the most interest right now, but have not offered a scholarship.

PG Al Mighty- Oklahoma St., Baylor, and Houston have all offered Al a scholarship, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are also in the mix.

SF Chester Smith- Chester has no offers yet, but the top 5 are Duke, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Villanova, and West Virginia.

SG Ricardo Tubbs- No offers yet for Ricardo, but his top 5 are South Alabama, Alabama St., Troy, Florida Gulf Coast, and SE Louisiana.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Colorado St. is the only school looking at Mike right now, but they have not offered.

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:11 PM

September 2015

PF Eden James- It still appears to be Utah St. for Eden, although they haven't offered yet.

PG Al Mighty- Al has made his intentions known, he wants to be an Oklahoma St. Cowboy, and they have offered. Unless some other team swoops in late, I expect Al to sign in November.

SF Chester Smith- Maryland and West Virginia are now the front runners for Chester, and have both offered. Pitt, Villanova, and Georgetown are still in the mix.

SG Ricardo Tubbs- No offers yet for Ricardo, and the only change is that Southern is in, SE Louisiana is out. The rest of the top 5 remains the same.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Northern Colorado is now in the mix for Mike's services, but Colorado St. is still the front runner, although neither have offered.

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:15 PM

October 2015

PF Eden James- Eden is starting to get more looks now, as Kansas and Oklahoma are back in the mix, along with Utah St., Georgia Tech, and Boston College. None have offered yet.

PG Al Mighty- In-state rival Oklahoma is now showing interest in Al as well, but Oklahoma St. is still in command, as they have offered and the Sooners haven't.

SF Chester Smith- Chester has given a verbal commitment to Maryland, and although that can change, other schools have 1 month to try and sway his interest. Otherwise, I expect Chester to be a Terrapin come November.

SG Ricardo Tubbs- The only change in Ricardos top 5 is the fact that South Alabama has offered him a scholarship. Everything else is the same.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Air Force is also showing interest in Mike, and while Mike has expressed a lack of interest in going to a military school, he's keeping them around, for now.

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:22 PM

November 2015

PF Eden James- Boston College has offered Eden a scholarship, and the rest of the top 5 include Memphis, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but none of them have offered.

PG Al Mighty- In the end, it was all about Oklahoma St., as Al made it official on November 1st, officially signing his LOI with the Cowboys.

SF Chester Smith- Chester officially signed his LOI with Maryland, and he will be a Terp next season.

SG Ricardo Tubbs- South Alabama offered, and Ricardo took it. Mr. Tubbs signed his LOI with South Alabama.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Uh-oh! Mike has lost all interest from the schools involved. Once he told Air Force no, Colorado St. and Northern Colorado have backed off as well. Ugh!

collegesportsfanms 01-03-2015 09:38 PM

Something I did last time that I will do this time as well, is let you guys decide about redshirting. I will turn off the option for players to refuse redshirts, then let everybody know where their player is scheduled to be on the depth chart. I will give you the options before redshirt decisions and after the computer AI makes redshirt decisions, but I will not save after training camp. Then I will go back and let you guys decide whether you want to use your redshirt year or not. So let's get it started.

Before Training Camp, no redshirts yet

PG Randy Rodgers- 7th on depth chart
C David Ginsberg- Starting PF
C Jace Hunter- 6th on depth chart
PF Ivan Carrillo- 11th on depth chart

After Training Camp- CPU decides redshirts

PG Randy Rodgers- Randy actually moved down a spot to 8th on the depth chart, so it's up to you ntndeacon.

C David Ginsberg- still slotted to be the starting PF, so I wouldn't redshirt him, but it's up to you DavidCorperial

C Jace Hunter- Still slotted 6th on the depth chart. What do you want to do Travis?

PF Ivan Carrillo- Ivan has moved up to 9th on the depth chart. What would you like to do with him Icy?

I will try to give you guys the choice, but if I haven't gotten a response after a certain amount of time, or you defer to me, I will make the decision myself. I would like to keep this going at a reasonable pace. So first four, let me know, if I can get the actual season going tomorrow or Monday, I want to.

Travis 01-03-2015 10:29 PM

Red shirt please.

ntndeacon 01-04-2015 12:41 AM

redshirt please!

DavidCorperial 01-04-2015 07:40 AM

No red shirt here, let him play

collegesportsfanms 01-04-2015 04:30 PM

So far, Jace Hunter and Randy Rodgers are redshirting. Travis, I'm a little surprised that you want Jace Hunter to redshirt, but that's no problem with me.

Still waiting to hear from Icy on what he wants Ivan Carrillo to do, although I would assume he will want to redshirt. As soon as I hear from him I'll get this going.

Season 2 shouldn't take very long as I'll only have 1, maybe 2 players to report on, so season 3 signups are underway.

Icy 01-08-2015 04:44 AM

Redshirt Ivan Carrillo please!

Breeze 01-08-2015 08:05 AM

how does one sign up for this...here or a different thread?

collegesportsfanms 01-08-2015 08:45 AM

Breeze, there is an FBCB interactive player dynasty sign up thread down there somewhere, should be on the first page.

Also, make sure not to get it confused with the other thread. I have an interactive player dynasty and an interactive coaches dynasty going. If you have any questions feel free to pm me

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 02:48 PM

Alright, so all but 1 player is redshirting. David Ginsberg will see action this season.

A couple notes, I have edited our 4 teams and they have the actual coach, with their actual age. Roy Williams is at North Carolina, Bruce Pearl at Auburn, Chris Mack at Xavier, and Zach Spiker at Army. I left coach levels the way they are, and at the end of every season I will take them off human coach for potential job offers and retirement. This will also give a nice feel to the game. Now, let's look at the preseason polls:

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                  test  test  test  test 
  1.  Syracuse                (65)    0-0    1792  11  Big East Conference                                 
  2.  UCLA                      (4)    0-0    1689  20  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  3.  Notre Dame                (2)    0-0    1633  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  4.  Memphis                  (1)    0-0    1542    2  Conference USA                                     
  5.  Illinois                          0-0    1481    3  Big Ten Conference                                 
  6.  Maryland                          0-0    1428  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  7.  Connecticut                      0-0    1310  12  Big East Conference                                 
  8.  Michigan State                    0-0    1188  NR  Big Ten Conference                                 
  9.  Pittsburgh                        0-0    1149  23  Big East Conference                                 
  10.  Florida                          0-0    1003    5  Southeastern Conference                             
  11.  Brigham Young                    0-0    1002  15  Mountain West Conference                           
  12.  Butler                            0-0    947    7  Horizon League                                     
  13.  Xavier                            0-0    907  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  14.  Vanderbilt                        0-0    874  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  15.  Ohio State                        0-0    798  13  Big Ten Conference                                 
  16.  Texas                            0-0    676  16  Big 12 Conference                                   
  17.  Wake Forest                      0-0    661  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  18.  Arizona                          0-0    576  NR  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  19.  Creighton                        0-0    518  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  20.  Oklahoma State                    0-0    480  18  Big 12 Conference                                   
  21.  Oklahoma                          0-0    416    4  Big 12 Conference                                   
  22.  Villanova                        0-0    391  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  23.  West Virginia                    0-0    291  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  24.  Kentucky                          0-0    211  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  25.  Duke                              0-0    139    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                           

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Kansas                            0-0      73      Big 12 Conference                                   
      Tennessee                        0-0      66      Southeastern Conference                             
      Northern Iowa                    0-0      45      Missouri Valley Conference                         
      Dayton                            0-0      35      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Georgetown                        0-0      33      Big East Conference                                 
      Mississippi State                0-0      11      Southeastern Conference                             
      Louisville                        0-0      9      Big East Conference                                 
      North Carolina                    0-0      8      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Nevada                            0-0      7      Western Athletic Conference                         
      Wisconsin                        0-0      7      Big Ten Conference                                 
      Charlotte                        0-0      4      Atlantic 10 Conference

Last note before I get started, I did not use a mod for this, so the conferences and teams and polls, etc, are based off the 2010-2011 season, as that is around the time this game came out. So things will be quite different from what you would expect to see. All I did was change the starting date, but the data is all from around 2010, 2011

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:15 PM

Nov. 9-15, 2015

PG Randy Rodgers (Auburn)- redshirting

11/15/15 at Clemson (W 85-73)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

No games this week

C Jace Hunter (Xavier)- redshirting

11/9/15 vs. New Mexico (W 61-53)
11/11/15 vs. #18 Arizona (W 77-69)

PF Ivan Carrillo (North Carolina)- redshirting

11/15/15 vs. Cornell (L 72-65)

That was it for the games this first week, to the polls we go:

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                  test  test  test  test 
  1.  Syracuse                (71)    3-0    1799    1  Big East Conference                                 
  2.  Memphis                  (1)    3-0    1694    4  Conference USA                                     
  3.  UCLA                              1-0    1623    2  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  4.  Notre Dame                        1-0    1547    3  Big East Conference                                 
  5.  Maryland                          2-0    1515    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  6.  Connecticut                      2-0    1410    7  Big East Conference                                 
  7.  Illinois                          1-0    1381    5  Big Ten Conference                                 
  8.  Pittsburgh                        2-0    1281    9  Big East Conference                                 
  9.  Michigan State                    2-0    1234    8  Big Ten Conference                                 
  10.  Xavier                            2-0    1136  13  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  11.  Wake Forest                      2-0    1049  17  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  12.  Oklahoma                          2-0    984  21  Big 12 Conference                                   
  13.  Brigham Young                    1-0    941  11  Mountain West Conference                           
  14.  West Virginia                    2-0    872  23  Big East Conference                                 
  15.  Texas                            0-0    786  16  Big 12 Conference                                   
  16.  Oklahoma State                    0-0    704  20  Big 12 Conference                                   
  17.  Villanova                        0-0    614  22  Big East Conference                                 
  18.  Duke                              1-0    608  25  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  19.  Kentucky                          0-0    496  24  Southeastern Conference                             
  20.  Kansas                            1-0    472  NR  Big 12 Conference                                   
  21.  Tennessee                        0-0    334  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  22.  Dayton                            1-0    324  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  23.  Northern Iowa                    1-0    245  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  24.  Georgetown                        1-0    162  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  25.  Nevada                            1-0      95  NR  Western Athletic Conference                         

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Wisconsin                        0-0      30      Big Ten Conference                                 
      Louisville                        2-0      21      Big East Conference                                 
      Mississippi State                1-0      21      Southeastern Conference                             
      Gonzaga                          0-0      13      West Coast Conference                               
      Seton Hall                        0-0      3      Big East Conference                                 
      Alabama                          1-0      2      Southeastern Conference                             
      Auburn                            1-0      1      Southeastern Conference                             
      Butler                            2-1      1      Horizon League                                     
      Florida                          2-1      1      Southeastern Conference                             
      Saint Louis                      1-0      1      Atlantic 10 Conference

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:23 PM

Nov. 16-22, 2015

11/18/15 vs. Alcorn St. (W 101-57)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

11/17/15 at USC Upstate (W 58-43), 6 points, 14 rebounds, 3-6 shooting.
11/21/15 at Quinnipiac (L 83-73), 6 points, 10 rebounds before fouling out.

11/21/15 at SIU Edwarsville (W 66-38)

11/17/15 vs. Colorado (W 76-68)
11/19/15 vs. Wyoming (W 79-58)
11/22/15 vs. Winthrop (W 75-57)

Much better week for the Tarheels. Let's look at the polls:

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                          test  test  test  test 
  1.  UCLA                    (52)    3-0    1767    3  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  2.  Memphis                  (9)    4-0    1719    2  Conference USA                                             
  3.  Maryland                (10)    4-0    1662    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
  4.  Illinois                  (1)    2-0    1563    7  Big Ten Conference                                         
  5.  Connecticut                      2-0    1424    6  Big East Conference                                       
  6.  Pittsburgh                        3-0    1414    8  Big East Conference                                       
  7.  Michigan State                    3-0    1407    9  Big Ten Conference                                         
  8.  Brigham Young                    3-0    1301  13  Mountain West Conference                                   
  9.  Xavier                            3-0    1241  10  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  10.  Texas                            3-0    1211  15  Big 12 Conference                                         
  11.  Oklahoma                          3-0    1110  12  Big 12 Conference                                         
  12.  Oklahoma State                    1-0    998  16  Big 12 Conference                                         
  13.  Kentucky                          1-0    933  19  Southeastern Conference                                   
  14.  Northern Iowa                    3-0    892  23  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  15.  Gonzaga                          2-0    733  NR  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  Notre Dame                        2-1    691    4  Big East Conference                                       
  17.  Florida                          2-1    512  NR  Southeastern Conference                                   
  18.  West Virginia                    3-1    425  14  Big East Conference                                       
  19.  Arizona                          3-1    362  NR  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  20.  Washington                        2-0    329  NR  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  21.  Vanderbilt                        2-1    257  NR  Southeastern Conference                                   
  22.  Butler                            2-1    255  NR  Horizon League                                             
  23.  Wake Forest                      2-1    240  11  Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
  24.  Seton Hall                        2-0    218  NR  Big East Conference                                       
  25.  Creighton                        1-1    100  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Providence                        1-0      96      Big East Conference                                       
      Georgia                          4-0      77      Southeastern Conference                                   
      Kansas                            2-1      72      Big 12 Conference                                         
      Utah                              2-0      71      Mountain West Conference                                   
      Indiana                          2-0      45      Big Ten Conference                                         
      Auburn                            2-0      37      Southeastern Conference                                   
      South Florida                    3-0      34      Big East Conference                                       
      Hofstra                          4-0      27      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Duke                              2-1      18      Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
      St. John's                        2-0      15      Big East Conference                                       
      Arizona State                    2-0      13      Pacific-10 Conference                                     
      Georgia Tech                      2-0      13      Atlantic Coast Conference                                     
      Syracuse                          3-2      13      Big East Conference                                       
      Evansville                        4-0      12      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Cleveland State                  3-0      11      Horizon League                                             
      Illinois State                    3-0      11      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Purdue                            2-0      10      Big Ten Conference                                         
      Massachusetts                    2-0      8      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Santa Clara                      2-0      6      West Coast Conference                                     
      Wright State                      3-0      6      Horizon League                                             
      Southern Mississippi              2-0      5      Conference USA                                             
      Duquesne                          2-0      4      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Manhattan                        2-0      4      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Nebraska                          2-0      4      Big 12 Conference                                         
      UNC Wilmington                    2-0      4      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Yale                              2-0      4      Ivy League                                                 
      Georgia State                    2-0      3      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Oregon                            2-0      3      Pacific-10 Conference                                     
      Pacific                          2-0      3      Big West Conference                                       
      American                          2-0      2      Patriot League                                             
      Florida State                    1-0      2      Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
      Southern California              1-0      2      Pacific-10 Conference                                     
      McNeese State                    2-0      1      Southland Conference

A little bit surprised Carolina didn't at least get 1 vote.

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:32 PM

Nov. 23-29, 2015

11/23/15 at UAB (L 84-53)
11/25/15 vs. Samford (W 94-43)
11/29/15 vs. Alabama State (W 81-49)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

11/24/15 vs. #18 West Virginia (L 73-46), 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal.

11/24/15 vs. Northwestern (W 80-65)
11/26/15 vs. Morgan State (W 98-67)

11/24/15 vs. Middle Tennessee (W 95-67)
11/26/15 vs. Davidson (W 85-50)
11/29/15 vs. Fairfield (W 76-68)

Here's a look at the weekly poll:

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                          test  test  test  test 
  1.  Memphis                  (50)    7-0    1777    2  Conference USA                                             
  2.  UCLA                    (17)    5-0    1725    1  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  3.  Maryland                  (4)    6-0    1656    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
  4.  Illinois                  (1)    4-0    1583    4  Big Ten Conference                                         
  5.  Connecticut                      4-0    1480    5  Big East Conference                                       
  6.  Texas                            5-0    1413  10  Big 12 Conference                                         
  7.  Michigan State                    4-0    1394    7  Big Ten Conference                                         
  8.  Xavier                            5-0    1290    9  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  Brigham Young                    4-0    1262    8  Mountain West Conference                                   
  10.  Kentucky                          4-0    1161  13  Southeastern Conference                                   
  11.  Northern Iowa                    5-0    1099  14  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  12.  Notre Dame                        3-1    927  16  Big East Conference                                       
  13.  Gonzaga                          3-0    911  15  West Coast Conference                                     
  14.  Arizona                          5-1    810  19  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  15.  Florida                          3-1    749  17  Southeastern Conference                                   
  16.  Pittsburgh                        3-1    649    6  Big East Conference                                       
  17.  Vanderbilt                        4-1    568  21  Southeastern Conference                                   
  18.  Oklahoma                          3-1    516  11  Big 12 Conference                                         
  19.  Washington                        3-0    500  20  Pacific-10 Conference                                     
  20.  Wake Forest                      2-1    336  23  Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
  21.  Syracuse                          5-2    292  NR  Big East Conference                                       
  22.  Utah                              4-0    247  NR  Mountain West Conference                                   
  23.  Georgia                          5-0    152  NR  Southeastern Conference                                   
  24.  Oklahoma State                    1-1    147  12  Big 12 Conference                                         
  25.  Duke                              2-1    114  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                                 

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Nebraska                          5-0    110      Big 12 Conference                                         
      Dayton                            3-1      82      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Wisconsin                        4-1      75      Big Ten Conference                                         
      Massachusetts                    5-0      55      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Indiana                          2-0      41      Big Ten Conference                                         
      Florida State                    4-0      31      Atlantic Coast Conference                                 
      Georgetown                        3-1      30      Big East Conference                                       
      UTEP                              4-0      30      Conference USA                                             
      St. John's                        3-0      24      Big East Conference                                       
      Oregon                            3-0      21      Pacific-10 Conference                                     
      Duquesne                          4-0      19      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      North Carolina                    6-1      19      Atlantic Coast Conference                                     
      Pacific                          4-0      16      Big West Conference                                       
      American                          4-0      15      Patriot League                                             
      Wright State                      4-0      15      Horizon League                                             
      Southern California              2-0      12      Pacific-10 Conference                                     
      UNC Wilmington                    4-0      12      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Georgia State                    4-0      11      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Cleveland State                  3-0      8      Horizon League                                             
      Santa Clara                      3-0      7      West Coast Conference                                     
      DePaul                            3-0      4      Big East Conference                                       
      Canisius                          3-0      2      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Manhattan                        2-0      2      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Toledo                            3-0      1      Mid-American Conference     

Good to see the Tarheels back in the polls, tough luck for Auburn who lost their votes.

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:42 PM

Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2015

12/2/15 vs. Georgia State (W 91-62)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

11/30/15 vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (W 55-48), 7 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.
12/3/15 at Canisius (L 57-54), 8 points, 6 rebounds
12/5/15 at Fordham (L 68-60), 7 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist.

12/2/15 vs. Belmont (L 64-61 in OT)

12/2/15 vs. Lipscomb (W 80-57)

Here's a look at the polls:

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (67)    10-0    1795    1  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Maryland                  (4)    9-0    1723    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  3.  Illinois                  (1)    6-0    1660    4  Big Ten Conference                                 
  4.  Michigan State                    6-0    1569    7  Big Ten Conference                                 
  5.  Texas                            6-0    1479    6  Big 12 Conference                                 
  6.  Connecticut                      5-0    1468    5  Big East Conference                               
  7.  Brigham Young                    5-0    1385    9  Mountain West Conference                           
  8.  Kentucky                          5-0    1268  10  Southeastern Conference                           
  9.  UCLA                              7-1    1251    2  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  10.  Notre Dame                        5-1    1126  12  Big East Conference                               
  11.  Gonzaga                          5-0    1040  13  West Coast Conference                             
  12.  Oklahoma                          5-1    941  18  Big 12 Conference                                 
  13.  Arizona                          6-1    826  14  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  14.  Pittsburgh                        4-1    820  16  Big East Conference                               
  15.  Xavier                            5-1    708    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  16.  Syracuse                          7-2    627  21  Big East Conference                               
  17.  Wake Forest                      4-1    627  20  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  18.  Northern Iowa                    7-1    510  11  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  19.  Washington                        4-0    490  19  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  20.  Utah                              7-0    454  22  Mountain West Conference                           
  21.  Dayton                            5-1    367  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  22.  Wisconsin                        6-1    313  NR  Big Ten Conference                                 
  23.  Georgia                          7-0    244  23  Southeastern Conference                           
  24.  Duke                              4-1    238  25  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  25.  Oklahoma State                    2-1    130  24  Big 12 Conference                                 

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                 
      Nebraska                          6-0      93      Big 12 Conference                                 
      Indiana                          4-0      70      Big Ten Conference                                 
      Georgetown                        4-1      69      Big East Conference                               
      North Carolina                    7-1      35      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Florida State                    5-0      26      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Duquesne                          5-0      22      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Santa Clara                      5-0      13      West Coast Conference                             
      Pacific                          5-0      8      Big West Conference                               
      Southern California              3-0      4      Pacific-10 Conference                             
      West Virginia                    6-2      1      Big East Conference

Wow! Amazing that a 3 point loss in OT can knock a team down 7 spots.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    10-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    5-0    1728    3  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Gonzaga                          5-0    1642    5  West Coast Conference                                     
  4.  Xavier                            5-1    1586    2  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  5.  Northern Iowa                    7-1    1494    4  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  6.  Utah                              7-0    1421    6  Mountain West Conference                                   
  7.  Dayton                            5-1    1404    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  8.  Saint Louis                      6-1    1198  13  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  Duquesne                          5-0    1162  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  10.  Santa Clara                      5-0    1090  17  West Coast Conference                                     
  11.  Butler                            5-2    1081  20  Horizon League                                             
  12.  Tulsa                            3-1    1041  NR  Conference USA                                             
  13.  Pacific                          5-0    1028  14  Big West Conference                                       
  14.  Cleveland State                  5-1    709  11  Horizon League                                             
  15.  UAB                              5-1    706  NR  Conference USA                                             
  16.  Nevada                            4-2    615  NR  Western Athletic Conference                               
  17.  Wright State                      6-1    602  10  Horizon League                                             
  18.  Oral Roberts                      5-1    488  NR  Summit League                                             
  19.  Massachusetts                    5-1    426    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  20.  Bowling Green                    5-1    384  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  21.  Yale                              7-1    248  NR  Ivy League                                                 
  22.  Akron                            5-1    226  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  23.  Boston University                5-1    221  NR  America East Conference                                   
  24.  UTEP                              4-1    182    9  Conference USA                                             
  25.  North Dakota State                5-1    155  NR  Summit League                                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Bradley                          4-2    148      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      American                          5-1    109      Patriot League                                             
      George Mason                      4-1    105      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Evansville                        6-1      95      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Canisius                          4-1      63      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Towson                            5-1      56      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Utah State                        2-2      56      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Western Michigan                  5-1      55      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Harvard                          4-1      22      Ivy League                                                 
      Coppin State                      3-1      19      Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference                           
      Wichita State                    2-1      17      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Toledo                            3-1      12      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Creighton                        2-3      3      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Milwaukee                        2-1      3      Horizon League

Whoops! I had forgotten that Xavier was a mid-major, my bad! They lost a few spots here too.

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:51 PM

With only 1 of our players playing this season, this will be just a short review of David Ginsberg's averages through November.

Code:

Player              Pos  GP  GS  Min  Pts  Orb  Reb  Ast  Stl  Blk  To  Fls  +/-
 David Ginsberg      PF  6  6  34.2  6.3  1.8  9.2  0.7  0.3  0.2  1.7  3.0  -2.0

Ginsberg is leading Army in RPG by a wide margin, but could be doing even better.

Dec. 2015 Recruiting

PF Eden James- Eden was tired of waiting around for some of the bigger schools to offer him, so he went ahead and signed with Boston College. Not a bad choice considering that BC had a prestige of 84 when this game was made.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- A bit of good news for Mike, as Colorado State is starting to show limited interest again, but have not offered a scholarship.

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 03:52 PM

Well that concludes the month of November and into December, and what a month it was. For now, I plan on sticking with that format. Let me know what you guys think, and if there is anything extra you want to see, feel free to let me know. I feel like the week by week, recruit by recruit format is simple yet effective. Thoughts?

StLee 01-11-2015 08:11 PM

I've never played FBCB, so I am not sure how the game works itself. Is recruiting dynamic (happening week-to-week in game, kind of like TCY) or is it a step in the process, like scouting in FOFC?

collegesportsfanms 01-11-2015 08:28 PM

StLee, recruiting in FBCB is month by month, you set your recruiting actions anytime during the month and at the beginning of each month the actions take effect

collegesportsfanms 01-13-2015 09:38 PM

Dec. 7-13, 2015

12/8/15 at #3 Illinois (W 86-71)
12/12/15 vs. Chattanooga (L 80-76)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

12/8/15 vs. Wagner (L 69-55), 6 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks.
12/11/15 at Mt. St. Marys (W 83-69), 17 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, POTG

12/7/15 at Butler (W 61-53)
12/12/15 vs. Minnesota (W 74-64)

12/7/15 at VCU (L 73-61)
12/10/15 at Wofford (W 76-45)
12/13/15 vs. Montana State (W 86-65)

Code:

Top 25

1.  Maryland                (70)    11-0    1797    2  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  2.  Texas                    (1)    8-0    1701    5  Big 12 Conference                                 
  3.  Michigan State                    8-0    1669    4  Big Ten Conference                                 
  4.  Memphis                  (1)    11-0    1561    1  Conference USA                                     
  5.  Connecticut                      5-0    1538    6  Big East Conference                               
  6.  Kentucky                          7-0    1446    8  Southeastern Conference                           
  7.  Notre Dame                        7-1    1363  10  Big East Conference                               
  8.  UCLA                              7-1    1218    9  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  9.  Illinois                          8-1    1217    3  Big Ten Conference                                 
  10.  Brigham Young                    7-1    1070    7  Mountain West Conference                           
  11.  Xavier                            7-1    1025  15  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  12.  Gonzaga                          7-0    950  11  West Coast Conference                             
  13.  Wake Forest                      6-1    939  17  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  14.  Arizona                          7-1    875  13  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  15.  Pittsburgh                        5-1    844  14  Big East Conference                               
  16.  Northern Iowa                    8-1    714  18  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  17.  Syracuse                          7-2    598  16  Big East Conference                               
  18.  Wisconsin                        8-1    574  22  Big Ten Conference                                 
  19.  Utah                              8-0    443  20  Mountain West Conference                           
  20.  Duke                              6-1    396  24  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  21.  Oklahoma State                    5-1    338  25  Big 12 Conference                                 
  22.  Georgetown                        7-1    279  NR  Big East Conference                               
  23.  Georgia                          9-0    255  23  Southeastern Conference                           
  24.  Nebraska                          8-0    182  NR  Big 12 Conference                                 
  25.  West Virginia                    8-2      94  NR  Big East Conference                               

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                 
      Florida                          6-2      67      Southeastern Conference                           
      Florida State                    7-0      63      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Pacific                          8-0      58      Big West Conference                               
      Santa Clara                      7-0      32      West Coast Conference                             
      Oklahoma                          6-2      31      Big 12 Conference                                 
      Vanderbilt                        7-2      23      Southeastern Conference                           
      Duquesne                          6-0      21      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Saint Louis                      7-1      9      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Alabama                          7-1      3      Southeastern Conference                           
      Marquette                        6-1      3      Big East Conference                               
      Michigan                          6-1      2      Big Ten Conference                                 
      UAB                              7-1      2      Conference USA

Geez, a 2-1 week and the Tarheels lose all their votes? Unbelievable.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                    test  test  test  test 
  1.  Memphis                  (72)    11-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Brigham Young                    7-1    1701    2  Mountain West Conference                             
  3.  Xavier                            7-1    1646    4  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  4.  Gonzaga                          7-0    1594    3  West Coast Conference                                 
  5.  Northern Iowa                    8-1    1531    5  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  6.  Utah                              8-0    1442    6  Mountain West Conference                             
  7.  Saint Louis                      7-1    1295    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  8.  Pacific                          8-0    1255  13  Big West Conference                                   
  9.  Duquesne                          6-0    1178    9  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  10.  Santa Clara                      7-0    1123  10  West Coast Conference                                 
  11.  Nevada                            7-2    1066  16  Western Athletic Conference                           
  12.  Dayton                            5-2    969    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  13.  Cleveland State                  7-1    931  14  Horizon League                                       
  14.  UAB                              7-1    860  15  Conference USA                                       
  15.  Boston University                7-1    669  23  America East Conference                               
  16.  Massachusetts                    6-1    656  19  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  17.  Akron                            6-1    570  22  Mid-American Conference                               
  18.  Western Michigan                  7-1    558  NR  Mid-American Conference                               
  19.  Bradley                          6-2    545  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  20.  UTEP                              5-1    495  24  Conference USA                                       
  21.  Yale                              8-1    404  21  Ivy League                                           
  22.  Evansville                        7-1    354  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  23.  Bowling Green                    5-1    287  20  Mid-American Conference                               
  24.  Tulsa                            4-2    244  12  Conference USA                                       
  25.  Toledo                            5-1    132  NR  Mid-American Conference                               

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      Milwaukee                        4-1      88      Horizon League                                       
      George Mason                      6-2      4      Colonial Athletic Association                         
      Kent State                        7-2      1      Mid-American Conference                               
      La Salle                          6-2      1      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      San Diego State                  6-2      1      Mountain West Conference

Xavier rises a spot here in the mid-major poll.

collegesportsfanms 01-13-2015 09:50 PM

Dec. 14-20, 2015

12/19/15 vs. Iona (W 75-56)
12/20/15 vs. New Mexico St. (W 85-77)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

12/15/15 at Seton Hall (L 86-57), 8 points, 11 rebounds, 1 block.
12/19/15 at Yale (L 64-54), 12 points, 7 rebounds.

12/16/15 vs. Indiana St. (W 96-86)
12/19/15 vs. Michigan (L 48-46)

12/17/15 vs. Arizona St. (W 80-69)

Code:

Top 25

1.  Maryland                (71)    12-0    1799    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  2.  Memphis                  (1)    13-0    1699    4  Conference USA                                     
  3.  Connecticut                      7-0    1676    5  Big East Conference                                 
  4.  Kentucky                          9-0    1584    6  Southeastern Conference                             
  5.  Michigan State                    9-1    1512    3  Big Ten Conference                                 
  6.  Wake Forest                      9-1    1325  13  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  7.  Illinois                          9-1    1261    9  Big Ten Conference                                 
  8.  UCLA                              8-1    1256    8  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  9.  Brigham Young                    9-1    1177  10  Mountain West Conference                           
  10.  Gonzaga                          10-0    1146  12  West Coast Conference                               
  11.  Texas                            8-1    1142    2  Big 12 Conference                                   
  12.  Syracuse                        10-2    1119  17  Big East Conference                                 
  13.  Arizona                          8-1    920  14  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  14.  Pittsburgh                        6-1    915  15  Big East Conference                                 
  15.  Duke                              8-1    775  20  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  16.  Oklahoma State                    8-1    711  21  Big 12 Conference                                   
  17.  Wisconsin                        8-1    572  18  Big Ten Conference                                 
  18.  Utah                            10-0    557  19  Mountain West Conference                           
  19.  Notre Dame                        7-2    423    7  Big East Conference                                 
  20.  Florida                          8-2    352  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  21.  Georgia                          11-0    339  23  Southeastern Conference                             
  22.  Vanderbilt                        9-2    255  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  23.  Nebraska                          9-0    224  24  Big 12 Conference                                   
  24.  Oklahoma                          8-2    224  NR  Big 12 Conference                                   
  25.  Xavier                            8-2    141  11  Atlantic 10 Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      West Virginia                    9-2    109      Big East Conference                                 
      Marquette                        8-1      87      Big East Conference                                 
      Alabama                          9-1      44      Southeastern Conference                             
      Tennessee                        8-2      16      Southeastern Conference                             
      Cincinnati                        8-1      15      Big East Conference                                 
      Seton Hall                        7-1      12      Big East Conference                                 
      Indiana                          8-1      5      Big Ten Conference                                 
      Virginia                          9-1      4      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Nevada                            8-2      3      Western Athletic Conference                         
      Georgia Tech                      7-1      1      Atlantic Coast Conference

Holy Toledo! a 2 point loss and Xavier drops 14 spots in the AP Top 25? That is crazy ridiculous.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                    test  test  test  test 
  1.  Memphis                  (72)    13-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Brigham Young                    9-1    1716    2  Mountain West Conference                             
  3.  Gonzaga                          10-0    1668    4  West Coast Conference                                 
  4.  Xavier                            8-2    1553    3  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  5.  Utah                            10-0    1543    6  Mountain West Conference                             
  6.  Nevada                            8-2    1410  11  Western Athletic Conference                           
  7.  Cleveland State                  10-1    1357  13  Horizon League                                       
  8.  Northern Iowa                    9-3    1167    5  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  9.  Pacific                          9-1    1153    8  Big West Conference                                   
  10.  Saint Louis                      8-2    1153    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  11.  Akron                            7-1    1124  17  Mid-American Conference                               
  12.  UTEP                              6-1    1024  20  Conference USA                                       
  13.  Milwaukee                        6-1    902  NR  Horizon League                                       
  14.  Tulsa                            4-2    898  24  Conference USA                                       
  15.  Kent State                        9-2    748  NR  Mid-American Conference                               
  16.  Dayton                            6-3    619  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  17.  UAB                              7-2    609  14  Conference USA                                       
  18.  San Diego State                  8-2    485  NR  Mountain West Conference                             
  19.  George Mason                      7-2    358  NR  Colonial Athletic Association                         
  20.  UNLV                              8-2    316  NR  Mountain West Conference                             
  21.  Western Michigan                  8-2    298  18  Mid-American Conference                               
  22.  Bradley                          7-3    237  19  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  23.  La Salle                          7-2    215  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  24.  Yale                              9-2    129  21  Ivy League                                           
  25.  Santa Clara                      7-2    108  10  West Coast Conference                                 

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      Duquesne                          6-2      99      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      Creighton                        5-4      96      Missouri Valley Conference                           
      Southern Illinois                7-2      83      Missouri Valley Conference                           
      Richmond                          4-2      79      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      Massachusetts                    6-2      78      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      Bowling Green                    6-2      69      Mid-American Conference                               
      Evansville                        8-2      65      Missouri Valley Conference                           
      San Francisco                    6-2      64      West Coast Conference                                 
      Butler                            6-4      55      Horizon League                                       
      Hawaii                            7-2      46      Western Athletic Conference                           
      Tennessee Tech                    7-2      36      Ohio Valley Conference                               
      Towson                            6-2      15      Colonial Athletic Association                           
      Utah State                        4-3      13      Western Athletic Conference                           
      Toledo                            6-2      12      Mid-American Conference

Good thing the mid-major pollsters are more forgiving. Xavier drops just 1 spot here.

collegesportsfanms 01-14-2015 09:23 PM

Dec. 21-27, 2015

12/21/15 vs. Middle Tennessee (W 77-71)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

12/22/15 at Sacred Heart (L 51-48), 3 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block.
12/25/15 at Albany (L 63-56), 4 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist (fouled out)

12/22/15 at SE Missouri St. (W 69-28)
12/25/15 at Georgia Southern (W 81-75)

12/26/15 vs. Penn St. (L 89-82)

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                test  test  test  test 
  1.  Maryland                (71)    14-0    1799    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  2.  Memphis                  (1)    14-0    1716    2  Conference USA                                   
  3.  UCLA                            10-1    1616    8  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  4.  Illinois                        11-1    1608    7  Big Ten Conference                               
  5.  Michigan State                  10-1    1497    5  Big Ten Conference                               
  6.  Wake Forest                      11-1    1399    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  7.  Gonzaga                          12-0    1343  10  West Coast Conference                             
  8.  Syracuse                        11-2    1306  12  Big East Conference                               
  9.  Brigham Young                    10-1    1278    9  Mountain West Conference                         
  10.  Connecticut                      8-1    1132    3  Big East Conference                               
  11.  Utah                            13-0    1055  18  Mountain West Conference                         
  12.  Florida                          10-2    930  20  Southeastern Conference                           
  13.  Notre Dame                        8-2    764  19  Big East Conference                               
  14.  Xavier                          10-2    761  25  Atlantic 10 Conference                           
  15.  Oklahoma                          9-2    753  24  Big 12 Conference                                 
  16.  Vanderbilt                      10-2    642  22  Southeastern Conference                           
  17.  Georgia                          12-0    586  21  Southeastern Conference                           
  18.  Texas                            9-2    536  11  Big 12 Conference                                 
  19.  Nebraska                        11-0    453  23  Big 12 Conference                                 
  20.  Kentucky                        10-2    424    4  Southeastern Conference                           
  21.  West Virginia                    9-2    409  NR  Big East Conference                               
  22.  Tennessee                        9-2    365  NR  Southeastern Conference                           
  23.  Duke                            10-2    299  15  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  24.  Arizona                          8-2    240  13  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  25.  Alabama                          11-1    221  NR  Southeastern Conference                           

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                 
      Seton Hall                        9-1      65      Big East Conference                               
      Cleveland State                  12-1      56      Horizon League                                   
      Marquette                        8-1      47      Big East Conference                               
      Mississippi State                11-2      34      Southeastern Conference                           
      Virginia                        10-1      23      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Kansas State                    10-1      21      Big 12 Conference                                 
      Georgia Tech                      9-1      8      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Wisconsin                        9-2      6      Big Ten Conference                               
      Florida State                    10-1      4      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      UTEP                              9-1      3      Conference USA                                   
      Southern California              9-1      1      Pacific-10 Conference

Crazy how the AP Top 25 works. 2 wins over outmatched opponents and Xavier climbs 11 spots.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    14-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    10-1    1707    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Gonzaga                          12-0    1677    3  West Coast Conference                                     
  4.  Utah                            13-0    1562    5  Mountain West Conference                                   
  5.  Xavier                          10-2    1534    4  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  6.  Cleveland State                  12-1    1387    7  Horizon League                                             
  7.  Northern Iowa                    10-3    1348    8  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  8.  Saint Louis                      9-2    1228  10  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  UTEP                              9-1    1214  12  Conference USA                                             
  10.  Pacific                          10-1    1134    9  Big West Conference                                       
  11.  Dayton                            8-3    1129  16  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  12.  Nevada                            8-3    1014    6  Western Athletic Conference                               
  13.  UAB                              9-2    930  17  Conference USA                                             
  14.  UNLV                              9-2    786  20  Mountain West Conference                                   
  15.  Santa Clara                      10-2    748  25  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  Southern Illinois                9-2    698  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  17.  San Diego State                  9-2    664  18  Mountain West Conference                                   
  18.  Akron                            7-2    531  11  Mid-American Conference                                   
  19.  Western Michigan                  8-2    510  21  Mid-American Conference                                   
  20.  Massachusetts                    7-2    424  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  21.  Utah State                        7-3    386  NR  Western Athletic Conference                               
  22.  Towson                            8-2    299  NR  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  23.  Milwaukee                        7-2    279  13  Horizon League                                             
  24.  Hawaii                            8-2    222  NR  Western Athletic Conference                               
  25.  Kent State                      10-3    106  15  Mid-American Conference                                   

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Siena                            9-3      25      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      George Mason                      8-3      18      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      New Mexico State                  8-3      11      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Western Kentucky                  9-3      8      Sun Belt Conference                                       
      Charlotte                        7-4      7      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Wright State                      8-3      5      Horizon League                                             
      La Salle                          8-3      4      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Bradley                          8-4      3      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Richmond                          6-3      1      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Troy                              9-3      1      Sun Belt Conference

How's that for irony? A 1 spot drop in the mid-major poll.

collegesportsfanms 01-14-2015 09:30 PM

Dec. 28, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016

12/30/15 vs. Savannah St. (W 70-62)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

12/29/15 at #7 Gonzaga (L 73-34), 7 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal.

1/1/16 at Western Michigan (W 89-70)

12/31/15 at Georgetown (W 68-63)

Code:

Top 25

#  Team                      FPV  Record  Points  Prv  Conference                test  test  test  test 
  1.  Maryland                (71)    15-0    1799    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  2.  Memphis                  (1)    15-0    1688    2  Conference USA                                   
  3.  UCLA                            12-1    1671    3  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  4.  Illinois                        12-1    1598    4  Big Ten Conference                               
  5.  Brigham Young                    12-1    1472    9  Mountain West Conference                         
  6.  Wake Forest                      12-1    1401    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  7.  Gonzaga                          14-0    1374    7  West Coast Conference                             
  8.  Syracuse                        11-2    1310    8  Big East Conference                               
  9.  Connecticut                      10-1    1271  10  Big East Conference                               
  10.  Michigan State                  11-2    1119    5  Big Ten Conference                               
  11.  Florida                          12-2    1016  12  Southeastern Conference                           
  12.  Xavier                          11-2    936  14  Atlantic 10 Conference                           
  13.  Utah                            13-0    893  11  Mountain West Conference                         
  14.  Oklahoma                        11-2    837  15  Big 12 Conference                                 
  15.  Texas                            11-2    733  18  Big 12 Conference                                 
  16.  Arizona                          10-2    690  24  Pacific-10 Conference                             
  17.  Vanderbilt                      11-2    613  16  Southeastern Conference                           
  18.  West Virginia                    11-2    578  21  Big East Conference                               
  19.  Nebraska                        13-0    494  19  Big 12 Conference                                 
  20.  Kentucky                        10-2    373  20  Southeastern Conference                           
  21.  Georgia                          12-0    366  17  Southeastern Conference                           
  22.  Tennessee                        10-2    348  22  Southeastern Conference                           
  23.  Marquette                        11-1    287  NR  Big East Conference                               
  24.  Duke                            10-2    192  23  Atlantic Coast Conference                         
  25.  Alabama                          11-1    123  25  Southeastern Conference                           

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                 
      Notre Dame                        9-3      79      Big East Conference                               
      Georgia Tech                    12-1      40      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      Mississippi State                11-2      34      Southeastern Conference                           
      Kansas State                    11-1      32      Big 12 Conference                                 
      Virginia                        11-1      16      Atlantic Coast Conference                         
      UTEP                            11-1      11      Conference USA                                   
      Pittsburgh                        8-3      6      Big East Conference

Now that's more reasonable, a 2 spot rise. Just noticed something interesting. Kansas is nowhere to be found in the polls.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    15-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    12-1    1725    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Gonzaga                          14-0    1659    3  West Coast Conference                                     
  4.  Xavier                          11-2    1556    5  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  5.  Utah                            13-0    1540    4  Mountain West Conference                                   
  6.  Nevada                          11-3    1360  12  Western Athletic Conference                               
  7.  UTEP                            11-1    1335    9  Conference USA                                             
  8.  Dayton                          10-3    1309  11  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  Pacific                          11-1    1211  10  Big West Conference                                       
  10.  Cleveland State                  13-2    1117    6  Horizon League                                             
  11.  Northern Iowa                    11-4    1086    7  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  12.  San Diego State                  12-2    1000  17  Mountain West Conference                                   
  13.  UNLV                            11-2    868  14  Mountain West Conference                                   
  14.  Saint Louis                      10-3    834    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  15.  Santa Clara                      11-2    750  15  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  Massachusetts                    9-2    707  20  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  17.  Utah State                        9-3    682  21  Western Athletic Conference                               
  18.  Milwaukee                        9-2    573  23  Horizon League                                             
  19.  UAB                              10-3    421  13  Conference USA                                             
  20.  Hawaii                          10-2    396  24  Western Athletic Conference                               
  21.  Creighton                        8-5    306  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  22.  Kent State                      10-3    270  25  Mid-American Conference                                   
  23.  Siena                            11-3    231  NR  Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
  24.  Butler                            9-5    218  NR  Horizon League                                             
  25.  George Mason                    10-3    117  NR  Colonial Athletic Association                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Western Kentucky                11-3    107      Sun Belt Conference                                       
      New Mexico State                  9-3      69      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Southern Illinois                9-3      38      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Bowling Green                    9-3      26      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Wyoming                          9-3      23      Mountain West Conference                                   
      Bucknell                        10-3      20      Patriot League                                             
      Richmond                          7-3      14      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Duquesne                          8-3      13      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Western Michigan                  9-3      13      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Akron                            8-3      5      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Towson                            9-3      1      Colonial Athletic Association

Xavier gets their #4 spot back in the mid-major polls

collegesportsfanms 01-14-2015 09:35 PM

Here's a look at player averages as we enter January. Only David Ginsberg is playing.

Code:

Player              Pos  GP  GS  Min  Pts  Orb  Reb  Ast  Stl  Blk  To  Fls  +/-
 David Ginsberg      PF  13  13  33.5  7.3  2.0  8.6  0.7  0.3  0.5  1.6  2.8  -7.4

While still leading Army in RPG by a wide margin, look at that +/- number (although I have no idea what it means, but I would think -7.4 wouldn't be very good). Still though Ginsberg is having a solid freshman campaign thus far.

Jan. 2016 Recruiting

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- Being the only 1 of our potential recruits not to sign so far, he has brought Air Force back into the mix. It appears to be between them and Colorado St. although neither have offered.

collegesportsfanms 01-14-2015 09:36 PM

Alright guys, give me some opinions. What do you guys think so far? Would you like to see me add anything? I'm liking the current format, and obviously when I get more guys that are actually playing, the week by week will take a bit longer, but I say so far so good. What say you?

Icy 01-14-2015 10:31 PM

Looks good to me, obviously with more human players next season will get more interesting.

ntndeacon 01-14-2015 10:54 PM

yea, I'm enjoying it as well!

DavidCorperial 01-15-2015 11:14 AM

I'm definitely enjoying it, and plus/minus is the difference between points for and against the team when the player is on the court, so Army, on average is outscored by 7.4 points per game when David is on the floor, which is not too bad if you have a losing team.

collegesportsfanms 01-15-2015 06:03 PM

DavidCorperial, Thanks for the info, I had no idea what that meant. I think your player is still on pace for a great season though.

collegesportsfanms 01-15-2015 06:11 PM

Jan. 4-10, 2016

1/4/16 at #24 Duke (W 105-97)
1/9/16 vs. #11 Florida (L 79-71)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

1/6/16 vs. Holy Cross (L 67-54), 2 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks.
1/9/16 vs. Navy (L 57-51), 10 points, 13 rebounds (double-double, but fouled out).

no games this week

no games this week.

Very short week for our guys with just 4 games.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    15-0    1800    2  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Illinois                        14-1    1686    4  Big Ten Conference                                 
  3.  Maryland                        15-0    1653    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  4.  Syracuse                        13-2    1612    8  Big East Conference                                 
  5.  Wake Forest                      13-1    1463    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  6.  Brigham Young                    14-1    1420    5  Mountain West Conference                           
  7.  UCLA                            13-2    1405    3  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  8.  Michigan State                  13-2    1278  10  Big Ten Conference                                 
  9.  Connecticut                      12-1    1227    9  Big East Conference                                 
  10.  Florida                          13-2    1132  11  Southeastern Conference                             
  11.  Oklahoma                        13-2    1048  14  Big 12 Conference                                   
  12.  Utah                            15-0    1009  13  Mountain West Conference                           
  13.  Xavier                          11-2    888  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  14.  Arizona                          11-2    848  16  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  15.  Kentucky                        12-2    746  20  Southeastern Conference                             
  16.  Marquette                        13-1    724  23  Big East Conference                                 
  17.  Vanderbilt                      11-2    639  17  Southeastern Conference                             
  18.  Gonzaga                          15-1    501    7  West Coast Conference                               
  19.  Nebraska                        14-0    469  19  Big 12 Conference                                   
  20.  Texas                            12-2    409  15  Big 12 Conference                                   
  21.  Alabama                          13-1    376  25  Southeastern Conference                             
  22.  Pittsburgh                      10-3    284  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  23.  Mississippi State                12-2    245  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  24.  West Virginia                    12-3    178  18  Big East Conference                                 
  25.  Georgia Tech                    13-1    158  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                           

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Virginia                        13-1      89      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Nevada                          13-3      60      Western Athletic Conference                         
      Georgia                          13-1      28      Southeastern Conference                             
      Ohio State                      12-4      16      Big Ten Conference                                 
      Pacific                          13-1      7      Big West Conference                                 
      Clemson                          12-2      1      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Tennessee                        12-3      1      Southeastern Conference

Not playing this week cost Xavier a spot in the AP poll.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    15-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    14-1    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Xavier                          11-2    1620    4  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  4.  Utah                            15-0    1617    5  Mountain West Conference                                   
  5.  Gonzaga                          15-1    1494    3  West Coast Conference                                     
  6.  Nevada                          13-3    1457    6  Western Athletic Conference                               
  7.  Dayton                          10-3    1332    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  8.  Pacific                          13-1    1252    9  Big West Conference                                       
  9.  UNLV                            13-2    1131  13  Mountain West Conference                                   
  10.  San Diego State                  13-2    1063  12  Mountain West Conference                                   
  11.  Creighton                        10-5    1024  21  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  12.  UTEP                            11-2    1009    7  Conference USA                                             
  13.  Butler                          11-5    918  24  Horizon League                                             
  14.  Santa Clara                      13-2    900  15  West Coast Conference                                     
  15.  Massachusetts                    10-2    884  16  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  16.  Milwaukee                        11-2    822  18  Horizon League                                             
  17.  Hawaii                          12-2    686  20  Western Athletic Conference                               
  18.  Northern Iowa                    12-5    497  11  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  19.  Richmond                          9-3    397  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  20.  Bowling Green                    11-3    355  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  21.  Saint Louis                      10-4    348  14  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  22.  Utah State                      10-4    327  17  Western Athletic Conference                               
  23.  Akron                            10-3    318  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  24.  Cleveland State                  13-4      87  10  Horizon League                                             
  25.  UAB                              10-4      76  19  Conference USA                                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Bradley                          11-5      71      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Siena                            12-4      38      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Boston University                13-4      37      America East Conference                                   
      George Mason                    11-4      35      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Charlotte                        8-5      20      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      IUPUI                            12-4      17      Summit League                                             
      New Mexico State                10-4      16      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Kent State                      11-4      15      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Western Kentucky                11-4      3      Sun Belt Conference                                       
      Wyoming                          10-4      3      Mountain West Conference                                   
      Winthrop                        11-4      2      Big South Conference                                       
      Murray State                    10-4      1      Ohio Valley Conference

Because of Gonzaga losing this week, Xavier moves up 1 spot in the mid-major poll.

collegesportsfanms 01-15-2015 06:19 PM

Jan. 11-17, 2016

1/12/16 at #17 Vanderbilt (L 80-42)
1/16/16 vs. #21 Alabama (L 93-85)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

1/13/16 at Lafayette (L 72-61), 4 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal.
1/16/16 at Bucknell (W 59-55), 7 points, 10 rebounds.

1/13/16 vs. George Washington (W 69-60)
1/16/16 vs. Duquesne (L 71-67)

1/13/16 at Virginia Tech (W 61-58)
1/16/16 at Florida St. (W 70-60)

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    17-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Syracuse                        15-2    1694    4  Big East Conference                                 
  3.  Maryland                        17-0    1688    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  4.  Brigham Young                    16-1    1542    6  Mountain West Conference                           
  5.  Illinois                        15-2    1530    2  Big Ten Conference                                 
  6.  Connecticut                      14-1    1445    9  Big East Conference                                 
  7.  Wake Forest                      14-2    1359    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  8.  Oklahoma                        15-2    1288  11  Big 12 Conference                                   
  9.  UCLA                            13-3    1144    7  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  10.  Vanderbilt                      13-2    1104  17  Southeastern Conference                             
  11.  Michigan State                  14-3    1082    8  Big Ten Conference                                 
  12.  Marquette                        15-1    1039  16  Big East Conference                                 
  13.  Florida                          14-3    953  10  Southeastern Conference                             
  14.  Gonzaga                          17-1    831  18  West Coast Conference                               
  15.  West Virginia                    14-3    778  24  Big East Conference                                 
  16.  Utah                            16-1    717  12  Mountain West Conference                           
  17.  Arizona                          12-3    654  14  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  18.  Xavier                          12-3    573  13  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  19.  Georgia                          15-1    492  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  20.  Ohio State                      13-4    367  NR  Big Ten Conference                                 
  21.  Duke                            13-3    293  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  22.  Pittsburgh                      11-4    287  22  Big East Conference                                 
  23.  Alabama                          14-2    285  21  Southeastern Conference                             
  24.  Pacific                          15-1    118  NR  Big West Conference                                 
  25.  Kentucky                        12-4    108  15  Southeastern Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Virginia                        14-2      79      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      San Diego State                  15-2      31      Mountain West Conference                           
      UNLV                            15-2      25      Mountain West Conference                           
      Kansas                          12-4      20      Big 12 Conference                                   
      Nebraska                        14-2      19      Big 12 Conference                                   
      Nevada                          13-4      14      Western Athletic Conference                         
      UTEP                            13-2      9      Conference USA                                     
      Clemson                          13-3      7      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Massachusetts                    12-2      7      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Santa Clara                      15-2      7      West Coast Conference                               
      Creighton                        12-5      6      Missouri Valley Conference                         
      North Carolina                  13-3      3      Atlantic Coast Conference                             
      Butler                          13-5      1      Horizon League                                     
      Dayton                          11-4      1      Atlantic 10 Conference

It's about time North Carolina started getting some AP votes again. Of course with Xavier losing they move down a few spots.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    17-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    16-1    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Gonzaga                          17-1    1611    5  West Coast Conference                                     
  4.  Xavier                          12-3    1599    3  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  5.  Utah                            16-1    1540    4  Mountain West Conference                                   
  6.  Creighton                        12-5    1334  11  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  7.  Nevada                          13-4    1227    6  Western Athletic Conference                               
  8.  Pacific                          15-1    1204    8  Big West Conference                                       
  9.  Butler                          13-5    1191  13  Horizon League                                             
  10.  San Diego State                  15-2    1142  10  Mountain West Conference                                   
  11.  UNLV                            15-2    1134    9  Mountain West Conference                                   
  12.  Dayton                          11-4    1025    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  13.  UTEP                            13-2    981  12  Conference USA                                             
  14.  Santa Clara                      15-2    952  14  West Coast Conference                                     
  15.  Massachusetts                    12-2    888  15  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  16.  Hawaii                          14-2    736  17  Western Athletic Conference                               
  17.  Richmond                        11-3    591  19  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  18.  Bradley                          13-5    566  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  19.  Akron                            12-3    532  23  Mid-American Conference                                   
  20.  Bowling Green                    13-3    420  20  Mid-American Conference                                   
  21.  UAB                              12-4    390  25  Conference USA                                             
  22.  George Mason                    13-4    302  NR  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  23.  Southern Illinois                12-4    137  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  24.  Saint Louis                      11-5    130  21  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  25.  Utah State                      11-5      83  22  Western Athletic Conference                               

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Milwaukee                        12-4      52      Horizon League                                             
      Western Kentucky                13-4      46      Sun Belt Conference                                       
      Temple                          11-5      21      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Murray State                    12-4      17      Ohio Valley Conference                                     
      Siena                            13-5      7      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Winthrop                        13-4      7      Big South Conference                                       
      Charlotte                        9-6      2      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Yale                            11-4      2      Ivy League                                                 
      Boston University                14-5      1      America East Conference                                   
      Kent State                      12-5      1      Mid-American Conference                                   
      New Mexico State                11-5      1      Western Athletic Conference

Xavier seems to like flipping between that 3 and 4 spot in the mid-major poll.

collegesportsfanms 01-15-2015 06:28 PM

Jan. 19-25, 2016

1/18/16 at #19 Georgia (L 89-74)
1/21/16 vs. Fresno St. (W 83-71)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

1/21/16 vs. SIU Edwardsville (W 60-56), 1 points, 8 rebounds, (fouled out).
1/23/16 vs. American (L 76-67), 10 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals (nice all around game for Ginsberg).

1/20/16 vs. St. Louis (W 68-54)
1/23/16 at UMass (W 95-56)

1/20/16 at Virginia (L 63-47)
1/23/16 at Georgia Tech (W 69-61)

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (71)    19-0    1799    1  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Maryland                  (1)    19-0    1729    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  3.  Syracuse                        16-3    1641    2  Big East Conference                                 
  4.  Michigan State                  16-3    1583  11  Big Ten Conference                                 
  5.  Wake Forest                      16-2    1487    7  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  6.  Oklahoma                        17-2    1432    8  Big 12 Conference                                   
  7.  Illinois                        16-3    1388    5  Big Ten Conference                                 
  8.  Brigham Young                    17-2    1306    4  Mountain West Conference                           
  9.  Connecticut                      15-2    1230    6  Big East Conference                                 
  10.  UCLA                            14-4    1091    9  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  11.  Vanderbilt                      14-3    1038  10  Southeastern Conference                             
  12.  Florida                          15-4    971  13  Southeastern Conference                             
  13.  Utah                            18-1    936  16  Mountain West Conference                           
  14.  Xavier                          14-3    910  18  Atlantic 10 Conference                             
  15.  Pittsburgh                      13-4    769  22  Big East Conference                                 
  16.  Duke                            15-3    679  21  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  17.  West Virginia                    15-4    659  15  Big East Conference                                 
  18.  Gonzaga                          18-2    604  14  West Coast Conference                               
  19.  Arizona                          13-4    472  17  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  20.  Marquette                        15-3    421  12  Big East Conference                                 
  21.  Georgia                          16-2    233  19  Southeastern Conference                             
  22.  Nevada                          15-4    225  NR  Western Athletic Conference                         
  23.  Ohio State                      14-5    201  20  Big Ten Conference                                 
  24.  Texas                            14-4    191  NR  Big 12 Conference                                   
  25.  Alabama                          15-3    100  23  Southeastern Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Dayton                          13-4      69      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Santa Clara                      17-2      61      West Coast Conference                               
      Tennessee                        14-4      47      Southeastern Conference                             
      UTEP                            15-2      43      Conference USA                                     
      Kentucky                        13-5      27      Southeastern Conference                             
      Texas Tech                      15-3      13      Big 12 Conference                                   
      Virginia                        15-3      12      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Pacific                          16-2      9      Big West Conference                                 
      Texas A&M                        15-3      6      Big 12 Conference                                   
      UNLV                            16-3      6      Mountain West Conference                           
      Providence                      14-4      5      Big East Conference                                 
      Creighton                        13-6      3      Missouri Valley Conference                             
      Clemson                          14-4      2      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      San Diego State                  16-3      2      Mountain West Conference

Figures that North Carolina would lose their votes, but come on, with their record and the conference they play in, they should be getting votes. The polls in FBCB definitely need a bit of tweaking.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    19-0    1800    1  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Brigham Young                    17-2    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                             
  3.  Xavier                          14-3    1643    4  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  4.  Utah                            18-1    1595    5  Mountain West Conference                             
  5.  Gonzaga                          18-2    1464    3  West Coast Conference                                 
  6.  Nevada                          15-4    1433    7  Western Athletic Conference                           
  7.  Dayton                          13-4    1350  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  8.  Creighton                        13-6    1253    6  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  9.  Santa Clara                      17-2    1202  14  West Coast Conference                                 
  10.  UTEP                            15-2    1157  13  Conference USA                                       
  11.  San Diego State                  16-3    1019  10  Mountain West Conference                             
  12.  UNLV                            16-3    925  11  Mountain West Conference                             
  13.  Pacific                          16-2    841    8  Big West Conference                                   
  14.  Butler                          13-7    822    9  Horizon League                                       
  15.  Massachusetts                    13-3    785  15  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  16.  UAB                              14-4    724  21  Conference USA                                       
  17.  Bowling Green                    15-3    646  20  Mid-American Conference                               
  18.  George Mason                    15-4    575  22  Colonial Athletic Association                         
  19.  Akron                            14-3    559  19  Mid-American Conference                               
  20.  Bradley                          14-6    513  18  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  21.  Utah State                      13-5    424  25  Western Athletic Conference                           
  22.  Richmond                        12-4    289  17  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  23.  Temple                          13-5    255  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  24.  Milwaukee                        14-4    142  NR  Horizon League                                       
  25.  Tulsa                            11-6    111  NR  Conference USA                                       

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      Hawaii                          14-4      41      Western Athletic Conference                           
      Winthrop                        15-4      36      Big South Conference                                 
      Saint Louis                      12-6      30      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      Boston University                16-5      16      America East Conference                               
      Miami-Ohio                      12-5      11      Mid-American Conference                               
      Western Kentucky                14-5      4      Sun Belt Conference                                   
      Murray State                    13-5      3      Ohio Valley Conference                               
      Charlotte                        10-7      2      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      Southern Illinois                13-5      2      Missouri Valley Conference

Aaaand back to #3 for Xavier in the mid-major polls.

collegesportsfanms 01-16-2015 06:54 PM

Jan. 25-31, 2016

1/26/16 vs. Arkansas (W 80-62)
1/30/16 vs. Mississippi St. (L 90-81)

C David Ginsberg (Army)

1/27/16 vs. Lehigh (W 54-44), 7 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists.
1/30/16 vs. Colgate (W 66-61), 18 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal (double-double) (POTG)

Big time week for Mr. Ginsberg, especially in the Colgate game. They probably don't win without his efforts.

1/27/16 at St. Bonaventure (W 67-45)
1/30/16 vs. LaSalle (W 61-54)

1/27/16 vs. #16 Duke (L 92-73)
1/30/16 vs. Georgia Tech (W 66-56)

Code:

Top 25

1.  Maryland                (64)    21-0    1792    2  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  2.  Memphis                  (8)    20-1    1736    1  Conference USA                                       
  3.  Michigan State                  18-3    1621    4  Big Ten Conference                                   
  4.  Syracuse                        17-4    1565    3  Big East Conference                                   
  5.  Wake Forest                      18-2    1536    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  6.  Connecticut                      17-2    1438    9  Big East Conference                                   
  7.  Illinois                        17-3    1372    7  Big Ten Conference                                   
  8.  Brigham Young                    18-3    1285    8  Mountain West Conference                             
  9.  Florida                          17-4    1221  12  Southeastern Conference                               
  10.  Oklahoma                        18-3    1174    6  Big 12 Conference                                     
  11.  West Virginia                    17-4    1045  17  Big East Conference                                   
  12.  Xavier                          16-3    1024  14  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  13.  Duke                            17-3    921  16  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  14.  Vanderbilt                      15-4    834  11  Southeastern Conference                               
  15.  Ohio State                      16-5    671  23  Big Ten Conference                                   
  16.  Nevada                          17-4    562  22  Western Athletic Conference                           
  17.  Texas                            16-4    557  24  Big 12 Conference                                     
  18.  Utah                            19-2    547  13  Mountain West Conference                             
  19.  UCLA                            14-6    505  10  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  20.  Arizona                          14-5    440  19  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  21.  Gonzaga                          19-3    404  18  West Coast Conference                                 
  22.  Marquette                        16-4    387  20  Big East Conference                                   
  23.  Creighton                        15-6    314  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  24.  Pittsburgh                      13-6    156  15  Big East Conference                                   
  25.  Mississippi                      15-4      61  NR  Southeastern Conference                               

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      Texas A&M                        17-3      44      Big 12 Conference                                     
      Kentucky                        14-6      36      Southeastern Conference                               
      Providence                      16-4      29      Big East Conference                                   
      San Diego State                  18-3      25      Mountain West Conference                             
      UTEP                            17-2      24      Conference USA                                       
      Alabama                          16-4      22      Southeastern Conference                               
      Mississippi State                15-5      11      Southeastern Conference                               
      UAB                              16-4      11      Conference USA                                       
      Georgia                          16-4      8      Southeastern Conference                               
      Dayton                          14-5      7      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      George Mason                    17-4      6      Colonial Athletic Association                         
      Kansas                          14-6      5      Big 12 Conference                                         
      Pacific                          18-2      4      Big West Conference

Nice week for Xavier gets them closer to the top 10 in the AP poll.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    20-1    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    18-3    1727    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Xavier                          16-3    1657    3  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  4.  Creighton                        15-6    1548    8  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  5.  Nevada                          17-4    1507    6  Western Athletic Conference                               
  6.  Utah                            19-2    1381    4  Mountain West Conference                                   
  7.  Butler                          15-7    1374  14  Horizon League                                             
  8.  Gonzaga                          19-3    1336    5  West Coast Conference                                     
  9.  Dayton                          14-5    1240    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  10.  San Diego State                  18-3    1058  11  Mountain West Conference                                   
  11.  UTEP                            17-2    1023  10  Conference USA                                             
  12.  UAB                              16-4    932  16  Conference USA                                             
  13.  Bradley                          15-7    888  20  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  14.  George Mason                    17-4    778  18  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  15.  Tulsa                            13-6    733  25  Conference USA                                             
  16.  Utah State                      14-6    694  21  Western Athletic Conference                               
  17.  Santa Clara                      18-3    688    9  West Coast Conference                                     
  18.  Temple                          15-5    661  23  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  19.  Pacific                          18-2    503  13  Big West Conference                                       
  20.  UNLV                            16-5    449  12  Mountain West Conference                                   
  21.  Milwaukee                        16-4    300  24  Horizon League                                             
  22.  Charlotte                        12-7    258  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  23.  Miami-Ohio                      14-5    256  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  24.  Bowling Green                    16-4    190  17  Mid-American Conference                                   
  25.  Akron                            15-4    174  19  Mid-American Conference                                   

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Massachusetts                    13-5      69      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Winthrop                        17-4      42      Big South Conference                                       
      Richmond                        13-5      35      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Southern Illinois                15-5      34      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Murray State                    15-5      17      Ohio Valley Conference                                     
      Boise State                      14-7      15      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Boston University                16-6      12      America East Conference                                   
      Missouri State                  15-7      9      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Rider                            15-7      6      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Hawaii                          15-5      3      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Kent State                      14-6      3      Mid-American Conference

No change there, however with Memphis and BYU ahead of Xavier, it's going to be hard for them to get much higher than 3 in this poll.

collegesportsfanms 01-16-2015 06:59 PM

As we enter February, let's start by taking a look at the stat card for David Ginsberg:

Code:

David Ginsberg      PF  21  21  33.0  7.3  2.1  9.2  0.9  0.4  0.4  1.3  2.9  -5.8

The RPG seem to be up a little bit, and that +/- ratio definitely increased. David has 2 POTG awards to his credit so far.

Feb. 2016 Recruiting

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Nothing has changed for Mike, it's still between Air Force and Colorado St., although neither have offered yet. Let's hope this 1 star recruit gets signed.

collegesportsfanms 01-18-2015 11:35 AM

Feb. 1-7, 2016

2/1/16 at #25 Ole Miss (L 84-44)
2/6/16 at LSU (L 76-73)

It's been a rough start to conference play for Bruce Pearl and the Tigers. Hopefully they can turn it around.

C David Ginsberg (Army)

2/3/16 at Navy (L 41-36), 5 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals.
2/6/16 at Holy Cross (L 65-58), 6 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal. I'm not sure but that might be one of Ginsberg's lowest rebound outputs of the season.

2/3/16 at Duquesne (W 81-52)
2/6/16 vs. Dayton (W 92-84)

So Xavier avenges their earlier conference loss to Duquesne and now has a 6 game winning streak.

2/3/16 vs. Virginia (W 76-68)
2/6/16 vs. Clemson (W 77-67)

The Tarheels needed to win these 2 tough games this week, and they did so, putting them right back in the conference race.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    22-1    1800    2  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Maryland                        21-2    1722    1  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  3.  Michigan State                  20-3    1623    3  Big Ten Conference                                   
  4.  Syracuse                        19-4    1561    4  Big East Conference                                   
  5.  Connecticut                      19-2    1532    6  Big East Conference                                   
  6.  Wake Forest                      19-3    1426    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  7.  Illinois                        18-3    1375    7  Big Ten Conference                                   
  8.  Brigham Young                    20-3    1297    8  Mountain West Conference                             
  9.  Florida                          19-4    1234    9  Southeastern Conference                               
  10.  Oklahoma                        20-3    1175  10  Big 12 Conference                                     
  11.  Duke                            19-3    1095  13  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  12.  Gonzaga                          21-3    938  21  West Coast Conference                                 
  13.  Xavier                          18-3    874  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  14.  Texas                            18-4    823  17  Big 12 Conference                                     
  15.  UCLA                            16-6    818  19  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  16.  Nevada                          19-4    739  16  Western Athletic Conference                           
  17.  Creighton                        17-6    595  23  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  18.  Ohio State                      17-6    428  15  Big Ten Conference                                   
  19.  Utah                            21-2    394  18  Mountain West Conference                             
  20.  West Virginia                    17-6    385  11  Big East Conference                                   
  21.  Mississippi State                17-5    365  NR  Southeastern Conference                               
  22.  Marquette                        17-5    341  22  Big East Conference                                   
  23.  Arizona                          15-6    232  20  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  24.  UTEP                            19-2    151  NR  Conference USA                                       
  25.  Vanderbilt                      15-6    126  14  Southeastern Conference                               

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      San Diego State                  20-3      97      Mountain West Conference                             
      North Carolina                  17-5      78      Atlantic Coast Conference                             
      Pittsburgh                      14-7      55      Big East Conference                                   
      Kentucky                        15-7      22      Southeastern Conference                               
      Pacific                          20-2      19      Big West Conference                                   
      Mississippi                      16-5      18      Southeastern Conference                               
      Providence                      17-5      16      Big East Conference                                   
      George Mason                    19-4      13      Colonial Athletic Association                         
      Santa Clara                      20-3      9      West Coast Conference                                 
      Michigan                        16-7      7      Big Ten Conference                                   
      Georgia                          17-5      5      Southeastern Conference                               
      Tennessee                        16-6      4      Southeastern Conference                               
      UAB                              17-5      4      Conference USA                                       
      Texas A&M                        17-5      2      Big 12 Conference                                     
      Virginia                        17-5      2      Atlantic Coast Conference

Good to see North Carolina back in the mix in the top 25 polls, but they have a big, big game next week.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    22-1    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    20-3    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Xavier                          18-3    1602    3  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  4.  Creighton                        17-6    1567    4  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  5.  Nevada                          19-4    1563    5  Western Athletic Conference                               
  6.  Gonzaga                          21-3    1454    8  West Coast Conference                                     
  7.  Butler                          17-7    1294    7  Horizon League                                             
  8.  Utah                            21-2    1281    6  Mountain West Conference                                   
  9.  Dayton                          15-6    1181    9  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  10.  UTEP                            19-2    1141  11  Conference USA                                             
  11.  San Diego State                  20-3    1098  10  Mountain West Conference                                   
  12.  Temple                          17-5    987  18  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  13.  Bradley                          17-7    876  13  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  14.  George Mason                    19-4    870  14  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  15.  Santa Clara                      20-3    798  17  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  UAB                              17-5    763  12  Conference USA                                             
  17.  Pacific                          20-2    603  19  Big West Conference                                       
  18.  Miami-Ohio                      16-5    526  23  Mid-American Conference                                   
  19.  Utah State                      15-7    516  16  Western Athletic Conference                               
  20.  Milwaukee                        18-4    488  21  Horizon League                                             
  21.  Charlotte                        13-8    283  22  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  22.  Missouri State                  17-7    236  NR  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  23.  UNLV                            16-6    206  20  Mountain West Conference                                   
  24.  Akron                            16-5    156  25  Mid-American Conference                                   
  25.  Winthrop                        19-4      93  NR  Big South Conference                                       

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Richmond                        15-5      87      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Kent State                      16-6      85      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Tulsa                            14-7      36      Conference USA                                             
      Rider                            17-7      27      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Boston University                18-6      19      America East Conference                                   
      Boise State                      15-8      10      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Southern Illinois                16-6      9      Missouri Valley Conference                                 
      Old Dominion                    16-7      7      Colonial Athletic Association                             
      Massachusetts                    13-7      5      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Murray State                    16-6      3      Ohio Valley Conference                                     
      Bowling Green                    16-6      2      Mid-American Conference

It's quite evident the only way Xavier will see 1 or 2 in the mid-major poll is if they keep winning and Memphis and BYU have a slip-up.

collegesportsfanms 01-18-2015 11:48 AM

Feb. 8-14, 2016

2/8/16 vs. South Carolina (W 69-62)
2/13/16 vs. Tennessee (L 83-76)

Well it's good that Auburn got their 2nd SEC win, would have been nice to follow it up and build a winning streak.

C David Ginsberg (Army)

2/10/16 vs. Bucknell (L 80-78), 10 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist (double-double)
2/13/16 vs. Lafayette (L 67-66), 10 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks (double-double). What a game for Ginsberg!

Ugh! 3 points separate Army from being 5-6 in Patriot league play. Instead they are 3-8 in conference and fighting to stay out of the cellar.

2/10/16 at Rhode Island (W 68-59)
2/13/16 at George Washington (L 72-69, OT)

Well that's certainly what Xavier needed, had they beat GW they would have been on top of the A-10 conference as conference leader Temple came into the week 8-0 and finished the week 8-2 in conference play. Tough break!

2/10/16 at #2 Maryland (W 78-68)
2/13/16 vs. Virginia Tech (W 69-58)

That win at Maryland was huge! And the best thing is, after a game like that, teams tend to have a letdown against lower competition. Not so for the Tarheels who beat a VA Tech team that is at the bottom of the ACC.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    24-1    1800    1  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Michigan State                  22-3    1693    3  Big Ten Conference                                   
  3.  Maryland                        22-3    1630    2  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  4.  Syracuse                        21-4    1600    4  Big East Conference                                   
  5.  Connecticut                      21-2    1522    5  Big East Conference                                   
  6.  Wake Forest                      21-3    1415    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  7.  Illinois                        20-3    1404    7  Big Ten Conference                                   
  8.  Brigham Young                    22-3    1269    8  Mountain West Conference                             
  9.  Oklahoma                        22-3    1241  10  Big 12 Conference                                     
  10.  Florida                          20-4    1183    9  Southeastern Conference                               
  11.  Duke                            20-4    1049  11  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  12.  Gonzaga                          23-3    969  12  West Coast Conference                                 
  13.  UCLA                            18-6    960  15  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  14.  Nevada                          21-4    867  16  Western Athletic Conference                           
  15.  Texas                            19-5    687  14  Big 12 Conference                                     
  16.  Xavier                          19-4    593  13  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  17.  Ohio State                      18-6    591  18  Big Ten Conference                                   
  18.  Arizona                          17-6    503  23  Pacific-10 Conference                                 
  19.  North Carolina                  19-5    465  NR  Atlantic Coast Conference                             
  20.  Utah                            22-2    437  19  Mountain West Conference                             
  21.  Pittsburgh                      16-7    347  NR  Big East Conference                                   
  22.  Creighton                        18-7    263  17  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  23.  UTEP                            21-2    203  24  Conference USA                                       
  24.  Kentucky                        17-7    164  NR  Southeastern Conference                               
  25.  San Diego State                  21-3    150  NR  Mountain West Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      West Virginia                    18-7    100      Big East Conference                                   
      Tennessee                        18-6      98      Southeastern Conference                               
      Kansas                          17-7      56      Big 12 Conference                                     
      Pacific                          22-2      42      Big West Conference                                   
      Marquette                        18-6      40      Big East Conference                                   
      Santa Clara                      22-3      25      West Coast Conference                                 
      Dayton                          17-6      15      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      UAB                              19-5      9      Conference USA                                       
      George Mason                    20-5      5      Colonial Athletic Association                         
      Vanderbilt                      16-7      4      Southeastern Conference                               
      Mississippi                      17-6      1      Southeastern Conference

Hello North Carolina and welcome back to the AP Top 25. With another huge game against a top 10 opponent next week, the stay in the top 25 could be short.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    24-1    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    22-3    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Nevada                          21-4    1643    5  Western Athletic Conference                               
  4.  Gonzaga                          23-3    1550    6  West Coast Conference                                     
  5.  Xavier                          19-4    1499    3  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  6.  Creighton                        18-7    1485    4  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  7.  Dayton                          17-6    1309    9  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  8.  Utah                            22-2    1274    8  Mountain West Conference                                   
  9.  Butler                          19-7    1233    7  Horizon League                                             
  10.  UTEP                            21-2    1133  10  Conference USA                                             
  11.  San Diego State                  21-3    1075  11  Mountain West Conference                                   
  12.  Bradley                          19-7    1001  13  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  13.  Santa Clara                      22-3    911  15  West Coast Conference                                     
  14.  UAB                              19-5    893  16  Conference USA                                             
  15.  George Mason                    20-5    721  14  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  16.  Pacific                          22-2    639  17  Big West Conference                                       
  17.  Milwaukee                        20-4    628  20  Horizon League                                             
  18.  Miami-Ohio                      18-5    618  18  Mid-American Conference                                   
  19.  Charlotte                        15-8    519  21  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  20.  Temple                          17-7    466  12  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  21.  Kent State                      18-6    336  NR  Mid-American Conference                                   
  22.  Utah State                      16-8    325  19  Western Athletic Conference                               
  23.  Winthrop                        21-4    207  25  Big South Conference                                       
  24.  Rider                            19-7    104  NR  Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
  25.  Missouri State                  18-8      84  22  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
                                                                                                                No surprise that Xavier dropped a couple spots here.  How about Memphis though, not only do they have all the votes in the mid-major top 25, but they also have all the votes in the AP Top 25.  Incredible     
    Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Saint Louis                      16-8      82      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      UNLV                            17-7      69      Mountain West Conference                                   
      IUPUI                            19-7      31      Summit League                                             
      Akron                            17-6      16      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Richmond                        15-7      9      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      New Mexico State                16-8      5      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Boston University                19-7      4      America East Conference                                   
      North Dakota State              19-7      2      Summit League                                             
      Southern Illinois                17-7      1      Missouri Valley Conference

collegesportsfanms 01-18-2015 12:11 PM

Feb. 15-21, 2016

2/16/16 at #24 Kentucky (W 92-91)
2/20/16 at Arkansas (W 86-76)

Huge week for the Tigers, Bruce Pearl must have really chewed some butt after that loss to Tennessee. Auburn has won 3 out of their last 4, but the schedule doesn't get any easier. Their last 4 regular season games are against teams with a combined record of 73-29. :eek:

C David Ginsberg (Army)

2/16/16 vs. Winston-Salem (L 69-63, OT), 7 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, (double-double) (fouled out)
2/20/16 at American (W 68-64), 6 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal (fouled out).

OK, first of all, is Winston-Salem even a real team? They must be if they are in the game, but I've never heard of them. Anyways, that game was ugly. 58 fouls were called, and Army had 4 of their 5 starters foul out. But Mr. Ginsberg, stop fouling young man! You fouled out of both games this week, and against American you had 1/3 of your teams total fouls!

2/17/16 at Charlotte (L 62-61)
2/20/16 at St. Louis (L 77-62)

What is going on with the Musketeers? They've dropped 3 in a row and went from being tied for first in the conference to being tied for third. Near the end of the season is not the best time to play bad basketball.

Ivan Carrillo (North Carolina)- redshirting

2/17/16 vs. #6 Wake Forest (L 68-54)
2/20/16 at Miami (FL) (W 78-76)

What could have been. The Tarheels wanted that game against Wake Forest, but the Demon Deacons were just too tough. Fortunately they held on to beat Miami, but even that was a struggle.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (69)    26-1    1797    1  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Michigan State            (3)    24-3    1718    2  Big Ten Conference                                 
  3.  Maryland                        24-3    1656    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  4.  Connecticut                      23-2    1581    5  Big East Conference                                 
  5.  Wake Forest                      23-3    1482    6  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  6.  Syracuse                        22-5    1456    4  Big East Conference                                 
  7.  Brigham Young                    24-3    1331    8  Mountain West Conference                           
  8.  Illinois                        21-4    1300    7  Big Ten Conference                                 
  9.  Oklahoma                        24-3    1275    9  Big 12 Conference                                   
  10.  Florida                          21-5    1119  10  Southeastern Conference                             
  11.  Duke                            22-4    1077  11  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  12.  UCLA                            20-6    1053  13  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  13.  Nevada                          22-4    926  14  Western Athletic Conference                         
  14.  Gonzaga                          24-4    798  12  West Coast Conference                               
  15.  Arizona                          19-6    776  18  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  16.  Ohio State                      20-6    698  17  Big Ten Conference                                 
  17.  Texas                            20-6    568  15  Big 12 Conference                                   
  18.  Creighton                        20-7    498  22  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  19.  North Carolina                  20-6    412  19  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  20.  Tennessee                        20-6    400  NR  Southeastern Conference                             
  21.  West Virginia                    20-7    356  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  22.  Utah                            23-3    329  20  Mountain West Conference                           
  23.  San Diego State                  23-3    294  25  Mountain West Conference                           
  24.  Kansas                          19-7    267  NR  Big 12 Conference                                   
  25.  Pacific                          24-2      93  NR  Big West Conference                                 

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Xavier                          19-6      53      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      UAB                              21-5      20      Conference USA                                     
      Mississippi                      19-6      19      Southeastern Conference                             
      Marquette                        19-7      14      Big East Conference                                 
      UTEP                            21-4      10      Conference USA                                     
      Pittsburgh                      16-9      6      Big East Conference                                 
      Alabama                          20-6      5      Southeastern Conference                             
      Dayton                          18-7      5      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Santa Clara                      23-4      4      West Coast Conference                               
      Louisville                      18-8      2      Big East Conference                                 
      Winthrop                        23-4      2      Big South Conference

To the surprise of nobody, Xavier drops out of the AP Top 25. They are still in good shape, receiving votes though. That Wake Forest loss didn't hurt the Tarheels, as they stayed at 19.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    26-1    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    24-3    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Nevada                          22-4    1648    3  Western Athletic Conference                               
  4.  Creighton                        20-7    1561    6  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  5.  Gonzaga                          24-4    1534    4  West Coast Conference                                     
  6.  Xavier                          19-6    1397    5  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  7.  Utah                            23-3    1289    8  Mountain West Conference                                   
  8.  Dayton                          18-7    1286    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  San Diego State                  23-3    1226  11  Mountain West Conference                                   
  10.  Butler                          20-8    1210    9  Horizon League                                             
  11.  UAB                              21-5    1035  14  Conference USA                                             
  12.  Bradley                          20-8    944  12  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  13.  Pacific                          24-2    887  16  Big West Conference                                       
  14.  UTEP                            21-4    806  10  Conference USA                                             
  15.  Santa Clara                      23-4    778  13  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  Charlotte                        17-8    756  19  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  17.  Temple                          19-7    704  20  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  18.  Miami-Ohio                      19-6    536  18  Mid-American Conference                                   
  19.  Kent State                      20-6    535  21  Mid-American Conference                                   
  20.  Utah State                      18-8    431  22  Western Athletic Conference                               
  21.  Milwaukee                        21-5    420  17  Horizon League                                             
  22.  Missouri State                  20-8    312  25  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  23.  Winthrop                        23-4    269  23  Big South Conference                                       
  24.  George Mason                    20-7    151  15  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  25.  Rider                            20-8      55  24  Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Tulsa                            17-8      46      Conference USA                                             
      Saint Louis                      17-9      26      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Akron                            18-7      12      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Boise State                      18-9      10      Western Athletic Conference                               
      Richmond                        16-8      3      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Niagara                          19-7      2      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Boston University                20-7      1      America East Conference                                   
      Bowling Green                    19-7      1      Mid-American Conference                                   
      IUPUI                            20-8      1      Summit League

The mid-major pollsters were much kinder to Xavier, only dropping them 1 spot.

I'm adding a new weekly feature to the dynasties (this one and the coaching one). As soon as the Bubble Watch is available, I'll start tracking that. For this week, we have 1 team on the bubble.

The Auburn Tigers are on the bubble and as of right now are projected in, but they'll have to really fight to hold on to that.

North Carolina is projected as a lock for the NCAA tournament, that win over Maryland helped a lot.

Xavier is also a lock right now, but they can't afford too many more slip-ups.

And of course there is Army, who is projected out, no surprise there.

collegesportsfanms 01-19-2015 08:09 PM

Feb. 22-28, 2016

2/23/16 vs. Ole Miss (W 80-67)
2/27/16 at Alabama (L 103-82)

Good for Auburn to get some revenge on Ole Miss for that 40 point beatdown earlier in the season, but giving up 103 to Alabama won't make coach Pearl happy.

C David Ginsberg (Army)

2/24/16 at Lehigh (W 59-58), 8 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist.
2/27/16 at Colgate (L 73-71, OT), 12 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal.

Another nice week for Ginsberg, as for Army, they gave up an 8 point halftime lead to Colgate, which would have been a huge win. Now they turn around and face them in the first round of the Patriot tournament in which the Cadets are the #6 seed.

2/24/16 vs. St. Josephs (W 79-66)
2/27/16 vs. Fordham (L 117-113, OT)

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing how many overtimes this game went, but judging by the fact some players played 54 minutes, it went at least 3, maybe more. But what a bad, bad loss to Fordham, a team that's only won 9 games this season.

PF Ivan Carrillo (North Carolina)

2/24/16 vs. N.C. State (W 63-44)
2/27/16 at #11 Duke (L 78-53)

Duke has owned this rivalry lately, and this one was no different.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Michigan State          (37)    26-3    1765    2  Big Ten Conference                                 
  2.  Memphis                  (35)    27-2    1760    1  Conference USA                                     
  3.  Maryland                        25-4    1610    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  4.  Syracuse                        24-5    1546    6  Big East Conference                                 
  5.  Oklahoma                        26-3    1521    9  Big 12 Conference                                   
  6.  Connecticut                      24-3    1440    4  Big East Conference                                 
  7.  Wake Forest                      24-4    1364    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  8.  Illinois                        23-4    1293    8  Big Ten Conference                                 
  9.  Duke                            24-4    1251  11  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  10.  Brigham Young                    25-3    1210    7  Mountain West Conference                           
  11.  Florida                          22-6    1031  10  Southeastern Conference                             
  12.  UCLA                            21-7    952  12  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  13.  Nevada                          24-4    949  13  Western Athletic Conference                         
  14.  Arizona                          21-6    925  15  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  15.  Gonzaga                          26-4    800  14  West Coast Conference                               
  16.  Ohio State                      21-7    657  16  Big Ten Conference                                 
  17.  Kansas                          21-7    649  24  Big 12 Conference                                   
  18.  Creighton                        22-7    502  18  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  19.  Tennessee                        21-7    494  20  Southeastern Conference                             
  20.  North Carolina                  21-7    439  19  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  21.  San Diego State                  24-4    247  23  Mountain West Conference                           
  22.  Wisconsin                        19-9    239  NR  Big Ten Conference                                 
  23.  Texas                            21-7    222  17  Big 12 Conference                                   
  24.  Utah                            24-4    147  22  Mountain West Conference                           
  25.  Kentucky                        19-9    112  NR  Southeastern Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      UAB                              23-5      83      Conference USA                                     
      Butler                          22-8      67      Horizon League                                     
      Pacific                          25-3      43      Big West Conference                                 
      Dayton                          20-7      40      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Louisville                      20-8      13      Big East Conference                                 
      West Virginia                    21-8      11      Big East Conference                                 
      Xavier                          20-7      10      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Mississippi                      20-7      7      Southeastern Conference                             
      Santa Clara                      24-5      1      West Coast Conference

Xavier is dangerously close to losing all their votes, and deservedly so as they aren't playing good ball right now. I think the margin of the loss is the only reason the Tarheels dropped a spot in these polls.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    27-2    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    25-3    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Nevada                          24-4    1652    3  Western Athletic Conference                               
  4.  Creighton                        22-7    1554    4  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  5.  Gonzaga                          26-4    1535    5  West Coast Conference                                     
  6.  Butler                          22-8    1426  10  Horizon League                                             
  7.  Dayton                          20-7    1349    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  8.  Xavier                          20-7    1267    6  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  Utah                            24-4    1202    7  Mountain West Conference                                   
  10.  San Diego State                  24-4    1189    9  Mountain West Conference                                   
  11.  UAB                              23-5    1101  11  Conference USA                                             
  12.  Bradley                          21-9    935  12  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  13.  Pacific                          25-3    832  13  Big West Conference                                       
  14.  Kent State                      22-6    781  19  Mid-American Conference                                   
  15.  UTEP                            22-5    754  14  Conference USA                                             
  16.  Temple                          20-8    750  17  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  17.  Santa Clara                      24-5    723  15  West Coast Conference                                     
  18.  Missouri State                  22-8    557  22  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  19.  Utah State                      19-9    441  20  Western Athletic Conference                               
  20.  Milwaukee                        22-6    389  21  Horizon League                                             
  21.  George Mason                    22-7    388  24  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  22.  Charlotte                        18-9    318  16  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  23.  Miami-Ohio                      20-7    201  18  Mid-American Conference                                   
  24.  Saint Louis                    18-10    201  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  25.  Winthrop                        24-5    196  23  Big South Conference                                       

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      Akron                            20-7      52      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Rider                            21-9      19      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Bowling Green                    21-7      18      Mid-American Conference                                   
      Richmond                        18-8      16      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      Tulsa                            18-9      12      Conference USA                                             
      Boston University                21-7      10      America East Conference                                   
      UNLV                            19-9      2      Mountain West Conference                                   
      Holy Cross                      22-8      1      Patriot League                                             
      Western Kentucky                21-8      1      Sun Belt Conference

A 2 spot drop in the mid-major poll for Xavier. They are losing a lot of ground here too.

Bubble Watch

Auburn is still on the 15 team bubble watch this week, but now they are projected out. Their next 2 games won't be any easier. Even if they were to split, they'd probably still be projected out.

Army knows the only way they are going to see postseason action is to win the Patriot tournament, and we know any team can get hot at any time.

Despite the struggles lately, Xavier is still a lock for the NCAA tournament, but a couple more losses and that lock may not be so strong.

North Carolina is also still a lock, due to their 10-4 record against teams 1-100 in the RPI.

collegesportsfanms 01-19-2015 08:34 PM

Feb. 29-March 6, 2016

C David Ginsberg (Army)

We'll start with Ginsberg and his Army Cadets as they begin the Patriot tournament this week. Army comes into the tournament as the 6th seed, finishing the regular season with a 9-20 record, 5-9 in conference.

3/2/16- Patriot Quarterfinals vs. (3) Colgate (W 57-52), Ginsberg was held scoreless tonight, but did grab 10 rebounds and had 2 assists and a steal as Colgate avenges the regular season ending loss.

3/6/16- Patriot Semifinals vs. (2) American (W 62-54), Due to early foul trouble, Ginsberg was largely ineffective in this one, scoring just 1 point and grabbing just 6 rebounds. No matter though, his Cadets have advanced to the Patriot championship game which will be played next week.

Our other 3 teams finished up their regular seasons this week, so let's review their progress:

2/29/16 vs. LSU (W 79-62)
3/5/16 at Mississippi St. (W 81-68)

2 huge, huge victories for Bruce Pearl and the Tigers this week give them a lot of momentum heading into the SEC Tournament. They finish the regular season 19-11 but just 7-9 in SEC play, only good for the 7th seed. They'll open up against (10) Georgia.

3/2/16 at Temple (W 66-57)
3/5/16 vs. Richmond (W 74-71)

A great week for the Musketeers who get a couple huge wins. They finish the regular season with a 22-7 record, 11-5 in A-Ten play. This gives them the 4th seed and a First round bye in the A-Ten Tournament, where they await the winner between (12) Duquesne and (5) GW.

3/2/16 vs. Florida St. (W 99-73)
3/5/16 at Boston College (L 78-72)

The Tarheels won't take any solace in knowing they were the only one of our 4 teams to lose a game this week. That loss really hurts, as they finish 22-8, 11-5 in ACC play. They still get the 3rd seed and a First round bye in the ACC Tournament, and they'll play the winner between (11) Florida St. and (6) N.C. State.

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (64)    29-2    1792    2  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Michigan State            (8)    27-4    1714    1  Big Ten Conference                                 
  3.  Syracuse                        26-5    1667    4  Big East Conference                                 
  4.  Maryland                        26-5    1532    3  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  5.  Wake Forest                      26-4    1519    7  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  6.  Brigham Young                    27-3    1412  10  Mountain West Conference                           
  7.  Oklahoma                        27-4    1409    5  Big 12 Conference                                   
  8.  Connecticut                      25-4    1322    6  Big East Conference                                 
  9.  Duke                            25-5    1234    9  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  10.  Illinois                        23-6    1140    8  Big Ten Conference                                 
  11.  UCLA                            23-7    1046  12  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  12.  Nevada                          26-4    1044  13  Western Athletic Conference                         
  13.  Arizona                          22-7    879  14  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  14.  Ohio State                      23-7    832  16  Big Ten Conference                                 
  15.  Gonzaga                          27-4    818  15  West Coast Conference                               
  16.  Creighton                        25-7    706  18  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  17.  Tennessee                        23-7    639  19  Southeastern Conference                             
  18.  Florida                          22-8    583  11  Southeastern Conference                             
  19.  Kansas                          22-8    486  17  Big 12 Conference                                   
  20.  San Diego State                  26-4    393  21  Mountain West Conference                           
  21.  Wisconsin                        21-9    286  22  Big Ten Conference                                 
  22.  Kentucky                        21-9    192  25  Southeastern Conference                             
  23.  UAB                              25-5    155  NR  Conference USA                                     
  24.  North Carolina                  22-8    127  20  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  25.  Xavier                          22-7    119  NR  Atlantic 10 Conference                             

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Utah                            25-5      95      Mountain West Conference                           
      Dayton                          22-7      87      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Butler                          23-8      83      Horizon League                                     
      Louisville                      22-8      52      Big East Conference                                 
      Texas                            22-8      19      Big 12 Conference                                   
      Pacific                          25-4      9      Big West Conference                                 
      Santa Clara                      25-5      6      West Coast Conference                               
      Winthrop                        27-5      2      Big South Conference                               
      Pittsburgh                      19-10      1      Big East Conference

The Tarheels drop a few spots with that regular season ending loss, and welcome back Xavier, who got 2 big wins. A little bummed Auburn didn't get any votes.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    29-2    1800    1  Conference USA                                       
  2.  Brigham Young                    27-3    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                             
  3.  Nevada                          26-4    1649    3  Western Athletic Conference                           
  4.  Creighton                        25-7    1585    4  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  5.  Gonzaga                          27-4    1495    5  West Coast Conference                                 
  6.  Xavier                          22-7    1406    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  7.  Butler                          23-8    1356    6  Horizon League                                       
  8.  Dayton                          22-7    1289    7  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  9.  San Diego State                  26-4    1258  10  Mountain West Conference                             
  10.  UAB                              25-5    1163  11  Conference USA                                       
  11.  Utah                            25-5    1089    9  Mountain West Conference                             
  12.  Kent State                      24-6    971  14  Mid-American Conference                               
  13.  Bradley                        22-10    883  12  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  14.  Santa Clara                      25-5    839  17  West Coast Conference                                 
  15.  Temple                          21-9    650  16  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  16.  Charlotte                        20-9    589  22  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  17.  Milwaukee                        23-6    572  20  Horizon League                                       
  18.  Winthrop                        27-5    559  25  Big South Conference                                 
  19.  Utah State                      20-9    549  19  Western Athletic Conference                           
  20.  Pacific                          25-4    470  13  Big West Conference                                   
  21.  Saint Louis                    20-10    427  24  Atlantic 10 Conference                               
  22.  Missouri State                  22-9    312  18  Missouri Valley Conference                           
  23.  George Mason                    23-8    274  21  Colonial Athletic Association                         
  24.  Tulsa                            20-9    186  NR  Conference USA                                       
  25.  UTEP                            22-7    180  15  Conference USA                                       

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                     
      Miami-Ohio                      21-8      50      Mid-American Conference                               
      Boston University                23-7      32      America East Conference                               
      Akron                            21-8      16      Mid-American Conference                               
      Richmond                        19-9      15      Atlantic 10 Conference                               
      College of Charleston            23-9      6      Southern Conference                                   
      Northeastern                    22-10      2      Colonial Athletic Association

Back up to #6 for Xavier in the mid-major poll, was hoping they'd jump up a little more but no such luck.

Bubble Watch

With their 2 big wins last week, Auburn is officially off the bubble watch and is actually now a lock for the NCAA Tournament. Winning a game or 2 in the SEC Tournament wouldn't hurt though.

Army knows their situation.. if they win the Patriot Championship game they go dancing, if not they go home for the rest of the season.

Xavier is still a lock for the NCAA Tournament, don't see that changing no matter what happens in the A-Ten Tourney.

North Carolina is also a lock, but not as secure of a lock as they would like, believe it or not. Out of the 4 ACC teams that are considered locks, they are 4th and final on that list.

collegesportsfanms 01-19-2015 08:44 PM

March 7-13, 2016

Since all 4 teams are into conference tournament play, we'll just start back at the top with Randy and the Tigers.

3/10/16- SEC First Round vs. (10) Georgia (L 95-65)

Wow, definitely not the way the Tigers wanted to go out in the SEC Tournament. Here's hoping that 30 point loss doesn't cost them a bid after all.

C David Ginsberg (Army)

3/11/16- Patriot Championship vs. (5) Lafayette (L 60-50), Ugh, it just wasn't meant to be tonight for the Cadets, who got 5 points 11 rebounds, an assist and a block from Ginsberg. Unfortunately, than 40-22 halftime deficit was too much to overcome and Army will end their season with an 11-21 record.

3/11/16- A-Ten Quarterfinals vs. (5) George Washington (L 78-72). Ugh, yet another favored team going down in the first game of their conference tournament. Their fate is in the hands of the selection committee.

3/11/16- ACC Quarterfinals vs. (6) N.C. State (L 100-94). Well I guess the Tarheels didn't want to feel left out on the loser parade this week, as they also go down in their first game of their conference tourney. With 2 straight losses, what will the selection committee do with them?

Here's a look at our final regular season edition of the polls:

Code:

Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (67)    32-2    1795    1  Conference USA                                     
  2.  Maryland                  (4)    29-5    1727    4  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  3.  Michigan State                  28-5    1586    2  Big Ten Conference                                 
  4.  Oklahoma                  (1)    30-4    1583    7  Big 12 Conference                                   
  5.  Syracuse                        27-6    1542    3  Big East Conference                                 
  6.  Wake Forest                      28-5    1477    5  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  7.  Brigham Young                    28-4    1358    6  Mountain West Conference                           
  8.  Connecticut                      26-5    1299    8  Big East Conference                                 
  9.  Duke                            26-6    1224    9  Atlantic Coast Conference                           
  10.  Nevada                          29-4    1113  12  Western Athletic Conference                         
  11.  Arizona                          25-7    1094  13  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  12.  UCLA                            25-8    1022  11  Pacific-10 Conference                               
  13.  Illinois                        23-7    924  10  Big Ten Conference                                 
  14.  Gonzaga                          28-4    877  15  West Coast Conference                               
  15.  Creighton                        25-7    743  16  Missouri Valley Conference                         
  16.  Wisconsin                        24-9    674  21  Big Ten Conference                                 
  17.  Louisville                      25-8    593  NR  Big East Conference                                 
  18.  Ohio State                      24-8    568  14  Big Ten Conference                                 
  19.  Florida                          23-9    515  18  Southeastern Conference                             
  20.  Tennessee                        23-8    433  17  Southeastern Conference                             
  21.  Kansas                          23-9    337  19  Big 12 Conference                                   
  22.  San Diego State                  27-5    283  20  Mountain West Conference                           
  23.  UAB                              27-6    208  23  Conference USA                                     
  24.  Butler                          24-8    157  NR  Horizon League                                     
  25.  Texas                            23-9      96  NR  Big 12 Conference                                   

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                   
      Utah                            27-6      56      Mountain West Conference                           
      Pittsburgh                      21-11      33      Big East Conference                                 
      Kent State                      27-6      31      Mid-American Conference                             
      Kentucky                        21-10      18      Southeastern Conference                             
      North Carolina                  22-9      13      Atlantic Coast Conference                           
      Dayton                          23-8      10      Atlantic 10 Conference                             
      Winthrop                        27-5      6      Big South Conference                               
      Xavier                          22-8      5      Atlantic 10 Conference

Both the Tarheels and the Musketeers out of the top 25, Xavier barely hanging on to 5 votes.

Code:

Mid Major Top 25

1.  Memphis                  (72)    32-2    1800    1  Conference USA                                             
  2.  Brigham Young                    28-4    1728    2  Mountain West Conference                                   
  3.  Nevada                          29-4    1656    3  Western Athletic Conference                               
  4.  Creighton                        25-7    1566    4  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  5.  Gonzaga                          28-4    1523    5  West Coast Conference                                     
  6.  Butler                          24-8    1426    7  Horizon League                                             
  7.  Dayton                          23-8    1293    8  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  8.  Xavier                          22-8    1275    6  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  9.  San Diego State                  27-5    1219    9  Mountain West Conference                                   
  10.  UAB                              27-6    1204  10  Conference USA                                             
  11.  Kent State                      27-6    1090  12  Mid-American Conference                                   
  12.  Utah                            27-6    1045  11  Mountain West Conference                                   
  13.  Charlotte                        23-9    921  16  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  14.  Bradley                        22-10    815  13  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  15.  Santa Clara                      25-6    711  14  West Coast Conference                                     
  16.  Utah State                      22-10    709  19  Western Athletic Conference                               
  17.  Winthrop                        27-5    567  18  Big South Conference                                       
  18.  Saint Louis                    22-11    559  21  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  19.  Pacific                          26-5    457  20  Big West Conference                                       
  20.  Temple                          21-10    415  15  Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
  21.  Milwaukee                        23-7    385  17  Horizon League                                             
  22.  George Mason                    23-8    342  23  Colonial Athletic Association                             
  23.  Missouri State                  22-9    286  22  Missouri Valley Conference                                 
  24.  Tulsa                          21-10    144  24  Conference USA                                             
  25.  Boston University                24-7      90  NR  America East Conference                                   

Others Receiving Votes:                                                                                         
      UTEP                            22-8      60      Conference USA                                             
      Miami-Ohio                      22-9      38      Mid-American Conference                                   
      George Washington              22-12      31      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      College of Charleston            24-9      26      Southern Conference                                       
      Richmond                        20-10      12      Atlantic 10 Conference                                     
      UC Santa Barbara                24-8      4      Big West Conference                                       
      Siena                          23-10      2      Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference                         
      Akron                            21-9      1      Mid-American Conference

Instead of bouncing between 3 and 4 like Xavier was earlier in the season, now they are bouncing between 6 and 8. Not where you want to be.

collegesportsfanms 01-19-2015 08:54 PM

2016 Selection Sunday

Auburn gets in as the #9 seed in the NCAA South Region and takes on (8) Missouri in the First Round. Some of you may be thinking "Why are they playing an SEC opponent in the first round" but remember, this game is being playing without a mod, before Mizzou went to the SEC.

North Carolina gets the #7 seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up in the First Round against (10) Mississippi St. What is it with FBCB putting human coached teams in the same region when it is easily avoidable?

Xavier gets the #7 seed in the NCAA East Region and will play (10) Stanford in the First Round.

Of course no postseason for Army, but David Ginsberg had an incredible freshman season. Let's take a look at his final season averages:

Code:

David Ginsberg      PF  32  32  33.2  7.0  2.2  9.5  1.0  0.4  0.4  1.3  3.0  -4.5

Ginsberg finishes #4 in the RPG category among the Patriot teams. The other 3 that averaged more rebounds a game are 2 seniors, and a sophomore, so that is a tremendous accomplishment.

We've still got 1 young man that is on the recruiting trail, so let's cover that quickly.

SG Mike Schaplowsky- Colorado St. has lost interest, and it is up to Air Force to offer Mike a scholarship. They haven't as of yet.

collegesportsfanms 01-20-2015 08:45 PM

2016 Postseason

With 3 of our 4 FOFC teams in the postseason, let's see how their teams do. Although none of these 3 FOFC players will be playing, they still want to know how their teams fare, so let's get to it.

3/18/16- NCAA Tournament First Round vs. (8) Missouri (L 75-56). The Tigers just didn't compete in their final 2 games of the season, which won't make coach Pearl happy at all.

3/18/16- NCAA Tournament First Round vs. (10) Stanford (W 61-58)
3/20/16- NCAA Tournament Second Round vs. (2) UConn (L 64-51).

The effort was there against UConn, in fact the Musketeers led at the half, but UConn came storming out in the second half and put it away early.

3/18/16- NCAA Tournament First Round vs. (10) Mississippi St. (W 77-70)
3/20/16- NCAA Tournament Second Round vs. (2) Memphis (L 86-76).

How is it that Memphis is ranked #1 in the nation yet only got a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament? That seems way odd to me. On a bright note, the Tarheels played even in the second half, as the halftime deficit was 10.

2015-2016 Season Wrap-Up

Next Years Recruits

For those that have signed to a school for next season, let's take a look at how their teams fared.

PF Eden James- Eden is going to Boston College, which finished 17-14 overall and 6-10 in ACC play, missing out on the postseason.

PG Al Mighty- Al is headed to Oklahoma St., which finished 19-15 overall and 7-9 in the Big 12. The Cowboys got the #4 seed in the NIT West Region and lost their opening game 57-56 to (5) Northeastern.

SF Chester Smith- Chester is going to Maryland, which finished 32-6 overall and 11-5 in ACC play. They got the #2 seed in the NCAA West Region, beat (15) Quinnipiac 71-54, beat (10) Utah 68-64, and beat (6) Georgia 90-83 before losing in the Elite Eight to (5) Kansas, 80-64.

SG Ricardo Tubbs- Ricardo is going to South Alabama, which finished 18-14 overall and 12-6 in the Sun Belt. They got the #8 seed in the CIT and lost in the First Round to (9) Oral Roberts 77-66.

Season Awards

David Ginsberg was the only FOFCer eligible for an award (obviously, as they don't give awards for redshirt of the year :)), and he made the Patriot All-Freshman Team.

Code:

2015 PATRIOT LEAGUE AWARDS

Player of the Year:

SR SF John Todd  Holy Cross  13.0 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.2 APG 1.2 SPG, 0.2 BPG

Freshman of the Year:
FR C  Douglas Flint  Army  12.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.1 APG 0.3 SPG, 1.1 BPG

Coach of the Year:
Charles Wainwright  Holy Cross  26 - 11 (14 - 0)

All-league 1st Team:
C  SR Darnell Bivens  Holy Cross  6.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.6 BPG
PF SR Jeffrey Qualls  Navy  7.7 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.6 SPG, 3.3 BPG
SF SR John Todd  Holy Cross  13.0 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.2 BPG
SG JR Charles Holzer  Holy Cross  11.1 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.0 BPG
PG SR Issac Widmer  Holy Cross  12.8 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG

All-league 2nd Team:
C  FR Douglas Flint  Army  12.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.1 BPG
PF SO Jason Santana  Lafayette  7.8 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 0.8 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG
SF SR Tony Burge  Lafayette  14.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.5 BPG
SG SO Tim Lindberg  American  14.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.1 BPG
PG SR Jeffrey Essary  American  13.7 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG

All-freshman Team:
C  FR Douglas Flint  Army  12.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.1 BPG
PF FR David Ginsberg  Army  7.0 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG
SF FR Dennis Walker  Lehigh  11.1 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.2 BPG
SG FR Jerald Hiller  Lafayette  7.9 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.2 BPG
PG FR Trevor Summerville  Lehigh  9.5 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.0 BPG

See who got the conference frosh of the year? Army will have a nice frontcourt for the next 3 seasons, provided both Flint and Ginsberg stay.

Transfers

Icy, your player Ivan Carrillo has decided to transfer. Normally the transfer rules are that you have to sit out next year. But since you chose to redshirt your player this season, he'll be eligible to play next season, and I'll let you know where he goes.

Also, my player Mike Schaplowsky was not recruited, so no more 1 star recruits as far as I'm concerned. 0 for 2 is enough. lol

Conference Movement

We had some conference movement, as Winthrop goes from the Big South to the Atlantic Sun, and USC Upstate goes from the Atlantic Sun to the Big South.

Also, Gonzaga goes from the WCC to the WAC, while Idaho goes from the WAC to the WCC.

Coach Movement

None of the coach movement affected any of our current players or soon to be players, so nothing to talk about there.

Icy, your player Ivan Carrillo ended up transferring to Arizona St.

collegesportsfanms 01-20-2015 09:12 PM

I will start season 3 tomorrow, as I've had a long day and quite frankly am fighting to stay awake. We have 5 recruits for season 3, and I've already edited them as needed, so it shouldn't take long to get through to training camps tomorrow. Hope you all are still enjoying!

StLee 01-21-2015 05:09 AM

Looking forward to seeing my player!

Travis 01-21-2015 09:07 AM

Excited for the new season, hopefully can help Xavier avoid some of those close losses.