Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Deadline Question For New Game... (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86585)

Chief Rum 02-17-2013 03:11 PM

Deadline Question For New Game...

Hey guys, I have been trying to puzzle out running the new game with my work schedule. Day time is not a problem at my day job, but night time is at a restaurant, so I don't have computer access when we do traditional deadlines like 6-7 p.m. (9-10 p.m. EST).

How many of you could NOT do a 4 p.m. (7 p.m. EST) lynching deadline?

Or if you all wanted to experiment a little, would there be any interest in a 1 p.m. (4 p.m. EST) deadline, with a short night shift deadline after? That one would be easiest for me, but it would be a quite a departure from our usual times.

Anyway, looking for feedback. I'll have a thread up soon. Hoping to have Day One on Wednesday.

JAG 02-17-2013 08:10 PM

4pm deadline would not be my preference, that could be tricky depending on the day. 7pm would probably be ok for me though.

Danny 02-17-2013 09:25 PM

I need evening deadline, my work day is too busy most of the time to play with a day deadline. Even 4pm would be too early, though I could probably do 5 or 6 for sure

Autumn 02-18-2013 09:58 AM

I'd be okay with an afternoon deadline (EST) though would prefer maybe 5 EST to 4, as the kids get home between 3 and 4.

7 PM EST means I'm not likely to ever be around at deadline. It's right in the middle of dinner and dealing with the kids. But I don't feel like it's necessary to be on at deadline, so whatever works for you.

Chief Rum 02-18-2013 01:03 PM

Hmm, I am thinking that sticking with the 6-7 p.m. PDT (9-10 p.m. EST) will be best for game purposes, and IMO, that's most important. Only issue there are the nights when I am working on the second job. I simply won't be able to run the lynch until I get home. I have done that in the past, but I disliked it. Hate to have you guys get up for a deadline and then have to sit there and wait for the results.

But I think that's better than choosing a time that hurts the ability of people to be there and participate (which causes inactivity and also lessens the pool of potential players).

DaddyTorgo 02-18-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2785117)
Hmm, I am thinking that sticking with the 6-7 p.m. PDT (9-10 p.m. EST) will be best for game purposes, and IMO, that's most important. Only issue there are the nights when I am working on the second job. I simply won't be able to run the lynch until I get home. I have done that in the past, but I disliked it. Hate to have you guys get up for a deadline and then have to sit there and wait for the results.

But I think that's better than choosing a time that hurts the ability of people to be there and participate (which causes inactivity and also lessens the pool of potential players).

Very true - sitting and waiting for lynch results isn't an issue man...we've all got real lives...we understand.

britrock88 02-18-2013 02:28 PM

A long night solves all problems regarding you not being around at lynch.

Danny 02-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2785117)

Yes I don't mind waiting especially if you say so before hand

Autumn 02-18-2013 09:45 PM

Yeah, I agree, if we know ahead of time results won't be immediate, we'll just move on. No problem.

Autumn 02-18-2013 09:46 PM

You could even have a 10-12 hour night deadline, so that people who go to bed before results get posted have a chance to make night actions early. Or just have a single deadline.