Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QB grades? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=97978)

Blue_shift 11-06-2021 07:50 PM

QB grades?

Hi everyone,

I was looking around on the GML website at player +++/--- grades and I noticed that the QBs are given a grade on the season. I know for other positions grades can be pulled from game logs, but I've not been able to find a way to get grades for QBs (since they get a *** in the log on every play). Are you just doing some analysis on the game logs that is able to tell which plays were the QB's fault or do you just use the QB rating? Or is there somewhere else I can go to find them?

Thanks!

QuikSand 11-08-2021 12:00 PM

Sorry you have no responses... I honestly don't even know what you're talking about with "QBs are given a grade on the season." It's possible others who might be inclined to help are similarly puzzled.

Can you share a screenshot, or describe the page where you see what you're seeing?

dubb93 11-08-2021 02:43 PM

My best GUESS is he is looking at QB rating and confusing what it actually is.

Ben E Lou 11-08-2021 03:25 PM

Pretty sure he's looking at exactly what he said he's looking at:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_shift (Post 3349852)
I was looking around on the GML website at player +++/--- grades and I noticed that the QBs are given a grade on the season. I know for other positions grades can be pulled from game logs, but I've not been able to find a way to get grades for QBs (since they get a *** in the log on every play). Are you just doing some analysis on the game logs that is able to tell which plays were the QB's fault or do you just use the QB rating? Or is there somewhere else I can go to find them?

Thanks!

The green highlight is what he's looking at, and his key comments (in red) are 100% correct. On every play from scrimmage in the logs, 21 players get "+++" or "---", but the QB gets "***".

Blue_shift, Stelmack's Interrogator (part of the utility suite) pulls +++/--- for QBs. I'm using that to get that data, and comparing it to the average for the position. That's why you don't see 95% or something like the logs, but instead a small positive or negative number. If the positional average +++/--- for the season is 95.0% and the guy is 96.6%, you'll see a +1.6 in that column.

Blue_shift 11-09-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3349955)
Pretty sure he's looking at exactly what he said he's looking at:The green highlight is what he's looking at, and his key comments (in red) are 100% correct. On every play from scrimmage in the logs, 21 players get "+++" or "---", but the QB gets "***".

Blue_shift, Stelmack's Interrogator (part of the utility suite) pulls +++/--- for QBs. I'm using that to get that data, and comparing it to the average for the position. That's why you don't see 95% or something like the logs, but instead a small positive or negative number. If the positional average +++/--- for the season is 95.0% and the guy is 96.6%, you'll see a +1.6 in that column.

This is exactly correct, thanks. I didn't realize there was a tool for pulling grades for all the players! I had written my own utility but it's pretty slow and didn't do anything with QBs (which is actually why I was asking this) so I'll have to check that out.

Anyway this pretty much answers my question. Sorry I didn't respond to anyone yesterday, I am in grad school currently and Mondays are extremely busy for me.