Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XVII: Return of the Wolves (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=44355)

Neon_Chaos 11-08-2005 11:48 PM

Werewolf XVII: Return of the Wolves

Simple game, no? :) Gauging interest. Just post below if you want in.

:Primary Roles: (Each player is guaranteed to one of these roles)
Werewolf - You belong to a pack of werewolves. You may choose to kill one person each night.
Villager - You are a villager, and your sole purpose is to survive.
Seer - You are the seer, and can view the true identity of a man or wolf. Each night you may choose to view the true identity of one player.
Herbalist - You possess a bag of wolfsbane, the deadliest herb known to all wolfkind. Each night, you may choose to protect someone by slipping wolfsbane upon him. You may not choose someone two nights in a row. You may, however, choose yourself.
Duke - You are the Duke, disguised as a petty farmer, as a one-time action you may choose to prevent one person from being lynched and instead have someone else be the target of the lynching.
Witness - As a one-time skill, you may choose to view the killing of an innocent during the night. If noone is killed, then you waste your view.

:Supplementary Roles, Villager/Seer/Herbalist/Duke/Witness: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Cursed - You are cursed, and have been so since birth. If bitten by a werewolf, you will join their ranks. Of course, you will not know that you are cursed until you are bitten by a wolf.
Blessed - You are blessed, and have been so since birth. If bitten by a werewolf, you will be granted a second chance at life. You do not know that you are blessed until bitten by a werewolf... note that this does not save you from lynching.
Cupid - In a previous life, you were Cupid. In the beginning of the game, you may assign two players to be "lovers". You may not choose yourself.

:Supplementaty Roles, Werewolves: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Brutal - You are a vicious wolf, and if lynched, you may choose to bring one person of your choice to the grave with you.
Cunning - You are a deceitful wolf, and if lynched, you will not reveal yourself as a werewolf upon death.

:Supplementary Roles, All: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Lover - You are fraternally and eternally bonded with your "lover", upon the death of your lover, you shall die as well. You know who your "lover" is, and vice versa. However, you may not PM each other.

Rules:

There will be two phases, a Day Phase and a Night Phase.

During the Day Phase, everyone votes to lynch one player. In case of a tie, the player who got his first vote last will be lynched.

During the Night Phase, all players with Night actions may choose to do their actions, or do nothing at all. Only one Werewolf will PM me the Werewolves' choice of slaughter, and that Werewolf will do the killing.

Note that a supplementary role may be mixed with a primary role, so we might have a "Seer/Blessed" in the game, or a "Duke/Cursed". The effect of being Cursed is that you lose your primary role and become a werewolf instead.

If a player is lynched, his Primary Role is revealed, if a Cunning wolf is killed, he will only be viewed as a Villager.

Deadlines are still tentative.

Werewolves win if they reach a 1:1 ratio with the villagers. Villagers win if all werewolves are dead.

Players: (If you're not in here and you signed up, tell me)
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls
McSweeny
Schmidty
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49

SackAttack 11-08-2005 11:49 PM

Been a while. Count me in.

st.cronin 11-08-2005 11:54 PM

i'll give it a whirl

McSweeny 11-08-2005 11:56 PM

when is this going to be running? i've got a weird schedule for the next couple of days, if there are no major conflicts i'll be in

Neon_Chaos 11-09-2005 12:00 AM

The game will probably start next week.

Mr. Wednesday 11-09-2005 12:53 AM

If this won't run into Thanksgiving, in. If it will run into Thanksgiving, I'll be home over the holiday and unable to participate during that period.

kingfc22 11-09-2005 01:29 AM

Woot. I'm in

Neon_Chaos 11-09-2005 01:37 AM

We can all set a date, maybe a week or two weeks from now. When is Thanksgiving in the US?

Blade6119 11-09-2005 02:52 AM

Im in, though will be out of town friday-sunday....ideally a start of monday would be best for me, though i can make due if need be over the weekend

Vince 11-09-2005 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
We can all set a date, maybe a week or two weeks from now. When is Thanksgiving in the US?

November 24th.

I'm too busy nowadays with Bartender training and looking for a house, otherwise I'd be all over this. Good luck all.

Raiders Army 11-09-2005 05:44 AM

Sign me up!

Passacaglia 11-09-2005 07:16 AM

Count me in.

Barkeep49 11-09-2005 07:39 AM

I would like to play but it depends on the timing of the deadline.

hoopsguy 11-09-2005 07:42 AM

In.

Mr. Wednesday 11-09-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince
November 24th.

That's on Thursday... I'll be gone (with limited time to read the board) from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday night.

RPI-Fan 11-09-2005 09:46 AM

I'm in!

rkmsuf 11-09-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Cupid - In a previous life, you were Cupid. In the beginning of the game, you may assign two players to be "lovers". You may not choose yourself.

uh, yeah.

Poli 11-09-2005 09:48 AM

Inn.

pennywisesb 11-09-2005 10:41 AM

I'll play. Its been awhile.

SnDvls 11-09-2005 10:51 AM

in, with the same thanksgiving restrictions

McSweeny 11-09-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

sounds good to me, i'm in

RPI-Fan 11-09-2005 11:53 AM

I'd say the two start dates that would make sense are Thursday, Nov. 10 (tomorrow), or Monday, Nov. 28th (first regular day after Thanksgiving). Anything inbetween there will probably run over Thxsgiving... alternatively, we could start at an intermediate date and specify that Thurs. the 24th thru the Sun. the 27th will be off-days.

Neon_Chaos 11-09-2005 08:31 PM

Here's what I will do. We'll start things off Nov. 14 (Monday) and then declare Nov. 24-27 as off-days. How's that sound to everyone?

I was also thinking about the deadline times for each phase.

I'm thinking about an 8:00 PM Deadline for the Day Phase (votes), and a 12:00 Midnight Deadline for Night Phase. Or if you have any other suggestions, kindly inform me.

Neon_Chaos 11-10-2005 08:56 PM

Bump. I'd also like it if we got some fresh blood joining in.

Schmidty 11-10-2005 08:57 PM

I am in if there's room.

I've had enough of a break.

SirFozzie 11-10-2005 09:11 PM

I'm in too.. I figure people won't lynch me on sight now :D

dubb93 11-12-2005 02:04 PM

What the heck, I'll play.

Barkeep49 11-12-2005 02:26 PM

As I haven't confirmed I will play.

Barkeep49 11-12-2005 02:43 PM

DOLA -- I really hope this game goes well as sitting bored here at work I just went and visited a board that hosts werewolf games and finally got the missing piece for a concept that I came up with during Werewolf Spawn. It will be a lot simpler than that game (though it won’t be a traditional game like this one). Anyhow I’m all excited again and so I’m rooting for this game to go well so people would want to play in my game :).

Raiders Army 11-12-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Here's what I will do. We'll start things off Nov. 14 (Monday) and then declare Nov. 24-27 as off-days. How's that sound to everyone?

Sounds good to me.

Quote:

I was also thinking about the deadline times for each phase.

I'm thinking about an 8:00 PM Deadline for the Day Phase (votes), and a 12:00 Midnight Deadline for Night Phase. Or if you have any other suggestions, kindly inform me.
Anything is good for me, but you're talking about 8 PM EST?

Neon_Chaos 11-12-2005 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Sounds good to me.

Anything is good for me, but you're talking about 8 PM EST?

Yep. All times are in EST.

Neon_Chaos 11-13-2005 05:19 PM

Here is my list of Players: (If you're not in here and you signed up, tell me)
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls
McSweeny
Schmidty
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49

If noone else is joining, then I'm going to give out roles on Tuesday Morning, we can start with Night (0) on Tuesday Night and Day (1) on Wednesday Morning. I edited the rules a bit, so please read and re-read them.

Schmidty 11-13-2005 05:21 PM

It doesn't look like any new blood like you wanted.

st.cronin 11-13-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
It doesn't look like any new blood like you wanted.

I have never played this game before.

Schmidty 11-13-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin
I have never played this game before.

I stand corrected.

Neon_Chaos 11-13-2005 06:21 PM

Anyone have an under/over of the post count we're going to have? :)

Blade6119 11-13-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119
Im in, though will be out of town friday-sunday....ideally a start of monday would be best for me, though i can make due if need be over the weekend

Quote:

Here is my list of Players: (If you're not in here and you signed up, tell me)
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls
McSweeny
Schmidty
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49

If noone else is joining, then I'm going to give out roles on Tuesday Morning, we can start with Night (0) on Tuesday Night and Day (1) on Wednesday Morning. I edited the rules a bit, so please read and re-read them.

Post #9

Neon_Chaos 11-14-2005 01:23 AM

Player List:
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls
McSweeny
Schmidty
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49
Blade6119

Players are final. Roles will be sent out in a couple of hours.

Neon_Chaos 11-14-2005 02:48 AM

ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT. Cupid, you pick two players who are "lovers". Seer, you may view a player in Night(0). There will be no kills in Night(0). Voting begins on Wednesday, deadline will be at 8:00 PM EST.

When voting, kindly do so in bold and all caps.:

VOTE NEON_CHAOS

to unvote, the same applies.

UNVOTE NEON_CHAOS

Happy Wolf-hunting.

Blade6119 11-14-2005 03:21 AM

For rule clarification, do lovers know each others roles, as in is it possible a villager and warewolf can be lovers and the villager not know?

SirFozzie 11-14-2005 03:33 AM

What, like Romeo and Wolfiet?

Blade6119 11-14-2005 03:42 AM

lol, no...i understand lovers know who their lover is, but can lovers not know the role of their lover...its an honest question that could heavily affect gameplay

Neon_Chaos 11-14-2005 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119
For rule clarification, do lovers know each others roles, as in is it possible a villager and warewolf can be lovers and the villager not know?

As soon as the lovers are informed of who they are lovers with, they will only know that the other person is their "lover". (yes, yes, lots of wonderful homosexual referrence for this game... muhahaha.) But they will not know that person's role.

Yes, a Villager and a Werewolf might be lovers, or two Werewolves. Depends on who Cupid chooses at the beginning.

Raiders Army 11-14-2005 05:44 AM

Peon Raiders Army checking in. Ready to work.

hoopsguy 11-14-2005 06:44 AM

Top of the morning, y'all.

Poli 11-14-2005 07:24 AM

Checking in. I'm a villager. I won't be on much, and I'm travelling back to Chicago this afternoon.

Barkeep49 11-14-2005 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Peon Raiders Army checking in. Ready to work.

Peon? There's no role that's a peon. A secret role perhaps :D?

Joking aside I'm looking forward to playing again.

Passacaglia 11-14-2005 08:36 AM

Villager checking in here before class.

hoopsguy 11-14-2005 09:18 AM

Just wanted to verify what is taking place today:
1.) No day action
2.) Night action (Night 0, no kill)

Is this accurate? No movement towards any kind of lynching until tomorrow?

SnDvls 11-14-2005 09:55 AM

villager checking in