Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW C - Sign-ups (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=74010)

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 08:22 PM

WW C - Sign-ups

Yes it's that time. WW 100. Here's how it will work. Each player, as they sign-up, will be able to add a rule or a role to the game. This rule can't contravene someone's existing rule/role and I reserve the right to reject a rule if I feel it will unbalance the game beyond repair. After sign-ups are closed, which will happen on Tuesday August 19th at 18 PM Central, I will then go through the rules/roles and do as little adding as is necessary in order to balance the game. The idea is to have this game be decided upon by the community.

The basic rules are this:

Basic Rules which may Not be Changed
2 sides - Wolves and Villagers
Wolves may PM Freely
Will run on a 24 hour cycle ending at 9 PM Central

Basic Rules which may be amended
Win Conditions:
Wolves - Achieve 1:1 ratio of Wolves and Villagers
Villagers - Kill all wolves

Villager Role:
Seer - The seer may submit to the GM 1 name per cycle to learn if they are good/bad (exceptions to be noted)

Wolf Abilities:
The wolves may submit 1 name per cycle to be killed.

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 08:23 PM

Sign-Ups:
1. Alan T
2. hoopsguy
3. Purdue
4. EF
5. Schmidty (no rule submitted)
6. KWhit
7. Danny (no rule submitted)
8. SnDvls
9. Jackal
10. Lerriuqs (no rule submitted)
11. Chief (no rule submitted)
12. Clap
13. saldana (no rule submitted)
14. DT (no rule submitted)
15. J23 (no rule submitted)
16. Pass (no rule submitted)
17. dubb (no rule submitted)
18. jehienz
19. RendeR
20. JAG
21. ntndeacon
22. Lathum
23. Darth Vilus
24. nfg
More will be added as needed

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 08:24 PM

Rules/Roles Added:

Additional Rules
No player will be killed on Day 1. Instead the player with the most votes at deadline will have their role revealed, but will remain in the game.

Villager/Independent Roles
Serial Killer - Independent player who may kill.

Vigilante - One time kill which is performed immediately upon the GM receiving the action

Influential Player - Vote counts for double

Inferno Hunter - Searches for the Inferno Device, as a win condition. Once finding the device may choose to activate it or not.

Brutal Villager - If lynched may choose to have another player also die.

Psycho - Believes themselves to be the seer. Has a 50% chance of being correct with any scan.

Supreme Being of Safety - Bodyguard.

Wolf or Villager Roles

Gladiator - If lynched, will be able to name another player to "battle". The Gladiator will have a 60% chance of winning the battle. If the Gladiator wins, the other player will be lynched in his stead. If the Gladiator loses, the Gladiator will die.

Lover - Two players will have this role. They may freely communicate with each other via PM. However if one of these players dies both die.

Thief - May steal an item or role power from another player.

Shifter - Each day this player gets a point. This player may at anytime convert all of these points into extra votes for a particular player for one lynch vote.

Resurrector - May, once per game, bring a dead player back into the game as a vanilla player for their side (i.e. vanilla wolf or vanilla villager). If it was a player who was lynched, the resurrector may not have voted for that player.

Wolf Roles

Cultist - Counts as a villager for all purposes, except that he wins if the wolves win. At the start of the game he will have a list of all of the wolves, though he may not communicate with the wolves, and the wolves will not know who he is.

Mobster - Each day may put a player "on ice". This player may not vote or post that day.

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 08:24 PM

Important Posts:

Alan T 08-12-2009 08:31 PM

I'll sign up. I'll add one of my favorite roles that is hardly ever used.

The Serial Killer (a player usually an independent win condition, but can also win with one side or the other who wins a major victory if each player on their list that they start the game with dies before they die.)

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 2093729)
I'll sign up. I'll add one of my favorite roles that is hardly ever used.

The Serial Killer (a player usually an independent win condition, but can also win with one side or the other who wins a major victory if each player on their list that they start the game with dies before they die.)

Do you want to be specific about the role? I mean if you want to leave it vague, that's great for me since it gives me some flexibility with how to balance, but you should feel free to craft the role in a way you want.

Alan T 08-12-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2093732)
Do you want to be specific about the role? I mean if you want to leave it vague, that's great for me since it gives me some flexibility with how to balance, but you should feel free to craft the role in a way you want.

Wanted to leave it vague so it could be properly balanced for game purposes. I am sure this is going to get crazy, so didn't want to lock you in :)

hoopsguy 08-12-2009 08:55 PM

In.

Rule:
Vigilante role with one real-time kill per game, is immediately executed upon posting in the thread.

EagleFan 08-12-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2093751)
In.

Rule:
Vigilante role with one real-time kill per game, is immediately executed upon posting in the thread.

lol, read that completely wrong. Read befre and after the comma as two seperate conditions. Thought wow that sucks, you get executed as soon as you post... ;)

hoopsguy 08-12-2009 09:05 PM

Yeah, that would be kinda harsh :)

PurdueBrad 08-12-2009 09:39 PM

Guys, I would like to be in as well however my grandfather is likely to pass sometime in the next day or so. I would like to tentatively sign up as it'll be dependent on game start.

If this is okay, then I would like to add this role/rule: One player's (couldn't think of a name for the role) lynch vote always counts for two.

hoopsguy 08-12-2009 09:43 PM

BK, are you going to post on this in the General Discussion area? I know a couple of people had asked to be alerted when Game #100 rolled around and there might be others who want to come back to the fold for this particular game.

EagleFan 08-12-2009 09:48 PM

In.

Sorry to her about your grandfather PB.

Rule: No day one lynch, voting but no lynch. The leading vote getter has their role revealed but not lynched.

Schmidty 08-12-2009 09:53 PM

IN!!!

Schmidty 08-12-2009 10:00 PM

Also sorry about your grandpa PB. My grandma just fell and broke her hip, but is doing ok. But man, it scared me. I remember moderating The Thing and losing my Grandpa Schmidt, and how hard that was.

Anyway, regardless of whether you want them or not, prayers are coming your way.

KWhit 08-12-2009 10:08 PM

In

Gladiator role:

If this person is voted for lynch, he or she throws down the gauntlet against another player of his choosing. The two players then fight to the death - instead of a lynch occurring. Because of the Gladiator's skill at battle, he has a 60% chance of victory. If the gladiator wins, he is not lynched that night - the other player, however, is killed in battle. This occurs any time the Gladiator is voted for lynch.

The Gladiator may be a villager or a wolf - that is randomly determined, and of course kept secret until his/her death. This is not a public role and the player is only revealed to be the gladiator when he/she is first voted for lynch.

Alan T 08-12-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2093788)
IN!!!

So does this mean that the special rule/role Schmidty wants added is someone having to type in all Caps/Green font for the entire game? :)

I also echo the good wishes/thoughts for PB's relatives.

Danny 08-12-2009 10:19 PM

Sorry PB, I hope for the best for you and your family in these coming days.

Danny 08-12-2009 10:22 PM

I am IN! But not sure of my rule additional yet.

Also a friend of mine wants to play as well, but he is awaiting account approval after his first was denied (I guess for using a yahoo email address)

PurdueBrad 08-12-2009 10:31 PM

Thanks for all the good thoughts guys, I really appreciate it. You guys are a really great group of people.

Barkeep49 08-12-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2093804)
I am IN! But not sure of my rule additional yet.

Also a friend of mine wants to play as well, but he is awaiting account approval after his first was denied (I guess for using a yahoo email address)

You should PM Ben and let him know the name. That's the best way to ensure an approval.

SnDvls 08-12-2009 10:40 PM

in

Lover/Twin role....where 2 people are paired up, can PM eachother, but if one dies they both die...can be wolf/villager or villager/villager. Try not to pair this up with any other special villager role i.e. seer etc. if possible.

The Jackal 08-12-2009 10:49 PM

Sorry to hear that, PB. All the best to you and your family in the coming days.

I'm definitely in. I've really enjoyed my inferno device mechanic, so pending BK's approval, I'd like to suggest that mechanic and the inferno hunter role.

The inferno device would start off in a random person at the beginning of the game, and the hunter will be able to search for it every night. Once the hunter finds the device, they can either activate it or de-activate it. If the hunter fails to find the device before the game is over, they lose. If they find it, they get a major victory. The role would count as a villager in the grand scheme of things, and winning with the village would be a minor victory.

If it turns out we end up with way too many players being able to kill other players, I can turn to something else.

lerriuqs 08-13-2009 12:33 AM

In.

Will try to get a rule of some sort in before the deadline.

Danny 08-13-2009 01:23 AM

This is going to be one crazy game! :)

Chief Rum 08-13-2009 02:06 AM

I am in. Reserving my right to add a rule/role. At this point in time, I wish to think on it some.

Barkeep49 08-13-2009 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2093819)
Sorry to hear that, PB. All the best to you and your family in the coming days.

I'm definitely in. I've really enjoyed my inferno device mechanic, so pending BK's approval, I'd like to suggest that mechanic and the inferno hunter role.

The inferno device would start off in a random person at the beginning of the game, and the hunter will be able to search for it every night. Once the hunter finds the device, they can either activate it or de-activate it. If the hunter fails to find the device before the game is over, they lose. If they find it, they get a major victory. The role would count as a villager in the grand scheme of things, and winning with the village would be a minor victory.

If it turns out we end up with way too many players being able to kill other players, I can turn to something else.

This should be fine, though I reserve the right to change what the device does from your Labyrinth game.

Barkeep49 08-13-2009 03:10 AM

DOLA - I understand not everyone has a rule ready, and that's fine. Though I would hope not to get a ton of rules all at the last minute as it will make balancing harder.

claphamsa 08-13-2009 07:50 AM

Im in, and I get to be the brutal villegar!

Abe Sargent 08-13-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2093775)
Guys, I would like to be in as well however my grandfather is likely to pass sometime in the next day or so. I would like to tentatively sign up as it'll be dependent on game start.

If this is okay, then I would like to add this role/rule: One player's (couldn't think of a name for the role) lynch vote always counts for two.

Sorrys

Abe Sargent 08-13-2009 08:02 AM

I'm in but my availablility during the day will be very poor starting next Tues, as training starts, but I cannot miss this, just expect me to be less absent.

Let me think a nice rule.

Abe Sargent 08-13-2009 08:06 AM

Hmmmm. Do I use one of my quirky roles from the past or add an interesting rule ot the mix?

DaddyTorgo 08-13-2009 08:49 AM

oh fuck...i'm in

DaddyTorgo 08-13-2009 08:52 AM

maybe i'll think on a rule designed to get people posting more - although knowing my luck i'll be horribly busy at work and not that talkative...haha

Abe Sargent 08-13-2009 09:02 AM

Here's my rule:

In order to be voted off, a player must have a majority of the vote, not just a plurality. In other words, if there are 10 players, 6 must cast their vote on one person is order to vote them off.

J23 08-13-2009 09:09 AM

I'm in, but I'll have to figure out a rule to throw into the mix.

The Jackal 08-13-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2093887)
This should be fine, though I reserve the right to change what the device does from your Labyrinth game.

Sure, whatever tweaks you need.

Passacaglia 08-13-2009 11:02 AM

I'm in -- I'll think of a rule later.

dubb93 08-13-2009 12:57 PM

I'm in:

I want to go old school with an aux evil role. I want to see a cultist in the game, however I want him to have the list of evil wolves in the game at his disposal. I also do not want the wolves to know who he is. If he is attacked he should be killed, not converted.

jeheinz72 08-13-2009 01:00 PM

In!

For my role, I'd like to see the Fool in play. Always a fun one. Pretty standard, person who thinks he's the Seer but always sees the opposite.

Fool scans Wolf gets Villager
Fool scans Villager gets Wolf
Fool scans Seer gets Fool

Seer scans Fool gets Fool

Danny 08-13-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2094068)
Here's my rule:

In order to be voted off, a player must have a majority of the vote, not just a plurality. In other words, if there are 10 players, 6 must cast their vote on one person is order to vote them off.

Honestly, if we get 30 or so sign ups for this wouldn't this potentially add even more length to the game as this means day 1 a player may need 16 votes to be lynched. Not trying to poo poo on your suggestion, just not used to it in play and not sure how it would work out.

Abe Sargent 08-13-2009 01:13 PM

I ran it in Middle Earth. I always wanted revisit it!

Alan T 08-13-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2094296)
Honestly, if we get 30 or so sign ups for this wouldn't this potentially add even more length to the game as this means day 1 a player may need 16 votes to be lynched. Not trying to poo poo on your suggestion, just not used to it in play and not sure how it would work out.

We've had that rule in games with more than 20 players before. As long as people know ahead of time, it usually does not cause too much of a delay. It often leads to a day 1 no-vote that has a huge amount of conversation and participation as people debate whether it is better to vote or not, etc.. But usually by the second and third days and on, people make sure there is a lynch by settling on only a few candidates.

Danny 08-13-2009 01:16 PM

Ah ok, and EF has a rule in place for no day 1 lynch anyway.

Danny 08-13-2009 01:19 PM

What about this as a role? A player who every day he is alive accumulates one extra vote to his potential total, then he can use it when he chooses and the counter resets. For example, I decide not to use my power and live through night 1-3, I could then add 3 votes to my day 4 total if I want. If I do, my bonus goes back to 0 and I have to start over accumulating points.

Schmidty 08-13-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2094309)
What about this as a role? A player who every day he is alive accumulates one extra vote to his potential total, then he can use it when he chooses and the counter resets. For example, I decide not to use my power and live through night 1-3, I could then add 3 votes to my day 4 total if I want. If I do, my bonus goes back to 0 and I have to start over accumulating points.

That would be like a replenishable Duke. Kind of powerful, imo.

DaddyTorgo 08-13-2009 02:01 PM

toying with the thought of a rule where everyday the person with the least # of posts gets removed from the game...

dubb93 08-13-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2094337)
toying with the thought of a rule where everyday the person with the least # of posts gets removed from the game...

I fear that may do two things:

1. Discourage our less active posters not to sign up. This would hit the overseas players the hardest(MartinD comes to mind here). I would hate to discourage active players like him who never miss deadlines and never fail to get their actions in to not be able to play just because he lives overseas and is sleeping during the peak game hours.

2. Encourage players to post just for the sake of posting. I could see posts such as,

Quote:

Repeated multiple times just to avoid a lynch.

The Jackal 08-13-2009 02:18 PM

I have to agree with dubb there. You could think of something else, like the person with the least amount of posts each day has to post in pink the entire next day, or something like that. ;)

Schmidty 08-13-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2094341)
I fear that may do two things:

1. Discourage our less active posters not to sign up. This would hit the overseas players the hardest(MartinD comes to mind here). I would hate to discourage active players like him who never miss deadlines and never fail to get their actions in to not be able to play just because he lives overseas and is sleeping during the peak game hours.

2. Encourage players to post just for the sake of posting. I could see posts such as,

Repeated multiple times just to avoid a lynch.

+1

No offense DT, but that would be awful.