Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Did that just happen? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=95441)

GoldenCrest Games 10-22-2018 08:54 AM

Did that just happen?

Something weird happened today, I think I finished the first version of my first game! :eek:

My big-board of all the little bugs, feature, and interface items is 100% clear for the first time in 2+ years. It's a little hard to believe. I have to give big thanks to SirBlurton for all his testing over the least couple weeks. He's really gone above and beyond to help find stuff that I wouldn't have been able to find on my own.

This week I'm going to see if I can navigate Steam, and get the Early Access launch submitted. Stay tuned for details!

PilotMan 10-22-2018 09:48 AM

That's very exciting! Congrats on the achievement!

Edward64 10-22-2018 10:38 AM

Congrats.

What's the game about?

GoldenCrest Games 10-22-2018 10:56 AM

It's an 8-on-8 football game where your players play on both offense and defense. It's a career-play type sim where you build your team, call the plays on the field, and your players handle the rest. (strictly coach-mode gameplay)

That's the short version. I'm working on the Steam page right now to be able to show more.

It's pretty exciting stuff!

BYU 14 10-22-2018 11:34 AM

Congrats, exciting!

GoldenCrest Games 10-26-2018 06:59 AM

Steam page finally approved!

Desktop Dynasties: Pro Football on Steam

JPhillips 10-26-2018 09:24 AM

Congrats. That's got to be a great feeling of accomplishment.

SirBlurton 10-26-2018 09:51 AM

I've really enjoyed testing this - here's the review I posted in discussions on Steam. Definite "buy" for me!

I've been lucky enough to be an alpha tester for this game. Developer is very active and has moved the game a long way in a short time.

Game play is really fun - the engine provides enough "meat" to make for a fun tactical experience and there's lots of room for experimentation. The "dynasty" aspect isn't neglected either - the great thing about it is the ability to play through seasons quickly and develop your team over time. The developer has put a lot of effort into thinking things like progression through and it results in a really cohesive experience. Again, I've been just playing the alpha and it's close to being a fully featured release.

GoldenCrest Games 10-26-2018 10:51 AM

It's been a fun (and sometimes maddening) 2 years to get here. (starting way back here: The Regen3 Project )

There was a time when I almost gave the whole thing up, but I'm happy that I stuck with it and ended up making something that's fun. :)

Thomkal 10-26-2018 11:55 AM

Congrats, put it on my wishlist to keep an eye on it

Izulde 10-26-2018 06:40 PM

Really liking the graphics there.

On the video, the text cuts off at the bottom of the screen in the default size, so you may want to fix that.

GoldenCrest Games 10-26-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izulde (Post 3221340)
Really liking the graphics there.

On the video, the text cuts off at the bottom of the screen in the default size, so you may want to fix that.

Thanks! I'll check that out.

GoldenCrest Games 10-26-2018 08:13 PM

Looks like it gets covered up by the video controls. I didn't expect that!

GoldenCrest Games 11-09-2018 09:10 AM

It's out!

I made a game! :banana:

MizzouRah 11-09-2018 09:21 AM

Congrats! I hope to fit it into my rotation at some point!!

PilotMan 11-09-2018 09:57 AM

It looks good. I've got it on my list! I like the concept of 2 way players with year over year progression.

GoldenCrest Games 11-09-2018 10:42 AM

It's hard to concentrate on the next game when I'm just sitting here hitting refresh on the store page to see if anyone makes a purchase. :)

DirkGildun 11-09-2018 12:37 PM

I see on Steam that this game requires Windows 10. Maybe a dumb question, but will it not work with Windows 7?

GoldenCrest Games 11-09-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkGildun (Post 3222896)
I see on Steam that this game requires Windows 10. Maybe a dumb question, but will it not work with Windows 7?

I think it will run fine on windows 7, but I haven't done any testing on that OS. It's written in Unity, so it should work.

If you're a gambler, I'd love to hear how it went. :)

Eaglesfan27 11-09-2018 04:10 PM

Congratulations! I remember the original posts a few years ago!

GoldenCrest Games 11-09-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 3222930)
Congratulations! I remember the original posts a few years ago!

Hard to believe, isn't it? I still remember that "OMG I just made a guy move!" moment. :)

DirkGildun 11-09-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenCrest Games (Post 3222901)
I think it will run fine on windows 7, but I haven't done any testing on that OS. It's written in Unity, so it should work.

If you're a gambler, I'd love to hear how it went. :)

I've installed the game and gotten as far as the initial draft without any problems, but that's all the time I've had to spend on it so far.

Does this have a manual or a help function yet (I didn't see one)?

GoldenCrest Games 11-09-2018 06:53 PM

No manual, but I posted a "How to Play" video on the YouTube channel: How to Play

That covers all the stuff outside in-game playcalling. If you want to get more info (including a lot of strategy and behind the scenes stuff) check out a few of the other developer's league/log videos. GCG Channel

I've started to use videos as my go-to move for putting out information. It's quicker, and a lot more fun for me. :)

GoldenCrest Games 01-31-2019 07:05 AM

Just released the update (Iverson Engine) into the wild! It's in beta on Steam right now, for anyone that has the game in their library.

To opt into the beta branch:
1. Go to your game library and right click on Desktop Dynasties
2. Select properties
3. Go to the betas tab
4. Opt into the beta by selecting in the dropdown

This is basically a complete rewrite of the game to address a lot of the issues that were reported in the first stages of Early Access.

GoldenCrest Games 02-28-2019 08:34 AM

Almost ready to leave Early Access!

That means it's time to start planning and experimenting for the next one. I'm thinking of pushing even farther into the "coaching role playing game" direction. Something where you start as the lowest level college coach and build your career up through the college ranks, and into the pros.

PilotMan 03-09-2019 08:32 AM

Hey, just wanted to say that I picked this up yesterday. I'll give it a play, but it's baseball season and it's going to take a back seat for a little while. Congrats again!

tarcone 03-09-2019 09:15 AM

Congrats. Its on my wish list. Will pick it up the next batch I buy.
Just got 4 games, the last sale. Trying to get those played.

GoldenCrest Games 03-09-2019 10:09 AM

Thanks! It's a pretty cool feeling to hit that "release" button.

Already starting work on the next one, with all the lessons I've learned from this one. Should be fun!

Logan 04-23-2019 07:32 AM

Hi Mya!