Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW XCII Hades -- Claimed by Villagers (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=71951)

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2000856)
That's quite a reach, but it is possible. Damn DT, I was wrong. You could've faked as a historian knowing clap was good, maybe even that BK was good and be covering for one of the other two wolves who you're sure was gonna win the game. Clever bastard.

:lol:

i don't even understand what you just typed. nonsense

Lathum 04-23-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 2000962)
Dude, Lathum, that is a bit risky doing it with a whole 7 minutes to go.

Remember, hoops and I both waited until the very last minute yesterday.

Damn rookie.

damn, your right

Unvote DT
Vote JAckal

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 01:55 PM

how are there questions about my allegience? or is this just the game you're going to play before you duke it to norm because you're imagining me sitting here in my office blowing my top and pulling my hair out?

Lathum 04-23-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2000969)
how are there questions about my allegience? or is this just the game you're going to play before you duke it to norm because you're imagining me sitting here in my office blowing my top and pulling my hair out?

I never did trust you while skimming the Sparta thread

Lathum 04-23-2009 01:56 PM

Heinze, now?

or to early?

claphamsa 04-23-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2000969)

I am :)

The Jackal 04-23-2009 01:57 PM

Oooh.

unvote DT

vote jackal

claphamsa 04-23-2009 01:59 PM

this thread will entertain some poeple in a week or so.....

Lathum 04-23-2009 01:59 PM

Unvote Jackal
Vote DT

Lathum 04-23-2009 01:59 PM

BAM!

The Jackal 04-23-2009 01:59 PM

unvote jackal

vote DT

TheNorm 04-23-2009 01:59 PM

unvote DT
vote jackal

The Jackal 04-23-2009 02:00 PM

Devious wolf!

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:01 PM

everyone is here... excpet PASS

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2000991)
everyone is here... excpet PASS

would you want to be here if you had to count all those votes?

PurdueBrad 04-23-2009 02:02 PM

I made fourth level of hell with Plutus (aka Hoops), the wolf-like demon.

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:02 PM

hahahah

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:02 PM

Wow, I totally missed the end there! Why could that be????

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:03 PM

So, where do we get to put in the post-game comments? New thread? Here, since Dante says we all end up in Hades/Purgatory anyway?

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:05 PM

Lathum, did you duke the vote? Are you allowed to do that down here???? :eek::rant::mad:

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:05 PM

here i guess

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:06 PM

my head hurts...wtf was that?

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2001005)
Lathum, did you duke the vote? Are you allowed to do that down here???? :eek::rant::mad:

I didn't duke it.

I feel confident DT is a wolf and you are a misunderstood villager

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2001012)
I didn't duke it.

i figured that too

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

I didn't duke it.

if you're not kidding then you're an idiot

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2001015)
i figured that too

you too

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:09 PM

cmon Pass, I gotta go to class....

Passacaglia 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

In a day where it left like billions of villagers and wolves alike were shouting out votes, the mighty Lathum, Ephor of Athens, cries above them all, "Encyclopedia Brown THIS, BITCH!" He smites TheNorm, who screams in agony as he dies. The rest of the wolves, jeheinz72, hoopsguy, The Jackal and the newly arrived Danny howl in fear, running away from Hades, never to be heard from again.

The villagers win!

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2001018)
if you're not kidding then you're an idiot

we'll see who the idiot is furry boy

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

yay

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

well that was fast

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

I didn't duke it.

Well, I feel much better now. Sometimes it is hard convincing people to take an alternate look at events but it sounds like you are onboard. Sweet.

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:11 PM

the Sparta people are going to be really confused by that write up

claphamsa 04-23-2009 02:11 PM

i knoew the jackyl was bad!

Lathum 04-23-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2001025)
Well, I feel much better now. Sometimes it is hard convincing people to take an alternate look at events but it sounds like you are onboard. Sweet.

umm, your dead dude

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:13 PM

yayy!!!!! GO VILLAGERS!!!

YAY LATHUM!!! (see i'm not furry!!!)

Jackal was the wolf - I knew it. Glad I got him voted down here to Hades as my last move in Sparta. I want to go see how dubb+ntn did against Danny

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:14 PM

But I did not get a PM telling me to not look in the thread. I refuse to accept a banning.

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:23 PM

lol

DaddyTorgo 04-23-2009 02:23 PM

hoopsy funny!

hoopsguy 04-23-2009 02:23 PM

I guess I'm going to do post-game comments in here since that is where most of us were at the end.

I can't believe that we didn't win Sparta on the day we won Athens. I think one issue we had early in the game is that we did not commit to which two cities we were going to win. On Day 4 we did commit to Athens and Sparta, while discarding Hades, based on our actions. But we had already had Danny use the Duke to throw a wolf down to Hades, which clearly was not a good move if we were trying to win Sparta.

Very, very winnable game for the wolves:
Small Game #1 (Athens): 6 villagers, 2 wolves, 1 sympathizer, no bodyguard or seer. We messed up the duke election, effectively giving away that weapon

Small Game #2 (Sparta): 7 villagers, 3 wolves, wolf duke

Disappointing defeat, all in all. I thought the villagers (especially Chief Rum and Lathum) played well in Athens and forced us to get creative down the stretch after some less-than-perfect early play.

Guess I'll read the Sparta thread at some point to see how it matches up with the accounts I got from Danny/Heinz/Jackal.

Passacaglia 04-23-2009 02:27 PM

I realized maybe halfway through this game that hoops, heinz, and jackal were all wolves in my last game, too.

Boneheaded play of the game, IMO -- TheNorm puts in a private vote for Lathum for Ephor of Athens. If he votes for anyone else, he wins it 4-3. Instead it was 4-4, and Lathum won the tiebreaker (most posts in the thread). Even though it was Sparta that caused the wolves to lost and the wolves actually won Athens, I'm pretty sure if they had both Ephors, they would have approached the game much differently, and won easily.

jeheinz72 04-23-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2001056)
I can't believe that we didn't win Sparta on the day we won Athens. I think one issue we had early in the game is that we did not commit to which two cities we were going to win. On Day 4 we did commit to Athens and Sparta, while discarding Hades, based on our actions. But we had already had Danny use the Duke to throw a wolf down to Hades, which clearly was not a good move if we were trying to win Sparta.

I think that hits the nail on the head. If we decided right away it was going to be the first two, we could've been a lot smarter.

jeheinz72 04-23-2009 02:31 PM

I gotta say it Pass, mainly because I've enjoyed your games so much in the past.

I was loving this game but the Day Three flubs (the Jackal reveal and the late replacement IMO) kinda soured me on the whole deal. Hence I had zero problem just conceeding Hades today either way (not that we would've had a ton of a chance anyhow).

Still, thanks for the game. None of that is excuses for us losing, not trying to sound that way. We made our fair share of mistakes. And by "We" I largely mean me.

USFLTecmo 04-23-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2001065)
I realized maybe halfway through this game that hoops, heinz, and jackal were all wolves in my last game, too.

Boneheaded play of the game, IMO -- TheNorm puts in a private vote for Lathum for Ephor of Athens. If he votes for anyone else, he wins it 4-3. Instead it was 4-4, and Lathum won the tiebreaker (most posts in the thread). Even though it was Sparta that caused the wolves to lost and the wolves actually won Athens, I'm pretty sure if they had both Ephors, they would have approached the game much differently, and won easily.

Ugh. Especially since I bucked the trend of what was happening. I was assigned to Lathum, but I went TheNorm, figuring that Norm's either a wolf, or he's a rookie villager in these parts, and unlikely to shred us with a duking.

When my night 1 scan revealed Lathum was the Ephor, it wasn't a good feeling.

Abe Sargent 04-23-2009 02:32 PM

Awesome, good job all!

Passacaglia 04-23-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 2001071)
I gotta say it Pass, mainly because I've enjoyed your games so much in the past.

I was loving this game but the Day Three flubs (the Jackal reveal and the late replacement IMO) kinda soured me on the whole deal. Hence I had zero problem just conceeding Hades today either way (not that we would've had a ton of a chance anyhow).

Still, thanks for the game. None of that is excuses for us losing, not trying to sound that way. We made our fair share of mistakes. And by "We" I largely mean me.

I definitely understand that. I was really annoyed that both Days 2 and 3, I ended up in surprise meetings for most of the hour prior to the deadline, leave me frazzled trying to catch up once I got back. That also meant that I missed NTN confirming that he could fill in for Barkeep, and wasn't really able to announce it. I feel that BK probably would have voted the same way NTN did, though, so if he were playing, it probably would have been the same result (though I can't be sure of that, obviously). And I totally messed up on The Jackal as the phoenix -- I revealed him as a wolf instead, when he died in Sparta. I think since I sensed endgame coming, I just didn't think about the phoenixes at all, since I figured they wouldn't have cities to rise up to by the time they died in Hades.

Passacaglia 04-23-2009 02:41 PM

Obviously, the wolves had a much different strategy in the end from what I envisioned happening. I think it was a damn good one -- on Day 3, each city was 4 villagers, 2 wolves, and they went all-out to win the game there. I admit that I was happy to not see the game end on Day 3, but in their attempt to win it all there, they pretty much outed themselves. I was hoping for a more drawn-out Hades, where people filter in slowly, and where people wouldn't know who to believe (i.e. if one or two people come in from Athens and say the guy who came the day before was a wolf, do they believe him?), and we had a little of that sort of thing with saldana and jeheinz72. I'm happy to see that there were some fake reveals -- I thought this game lent itself to that, for those who were missing that sort of thing.

Alan T 04-23-2009 02:44 PM

My only comment if you want to hear from the peanut gallery was that this format was a neat idea, but kind of broke down in execution.

Hades really became irrelevant and in a way just became the new "post here when you get killed early thread". It was mostly filled with frustration from what occured in the earlier cities and then later on once more people were here it was all pretty much a done deal anyways.

So the game really ended up a format of 2 small games that the wolves then had to win both of, but both also seemed pretty heavily slanted to the wolves. (in a normal 9 or 10 person small game, I doubt you have 3 wolves in one city for instance).

Was fun to read though, and I did horribly myself this game, I didn't get a single wolf right until after they were revealed.

Abe Sargent 04-23-2009 03:12 PM

You probably thought I was a wolf after I used your name in my Rules Nazi rant

EagleFan 04-23-2009 03:20 PM

What did I miss? I am extremely confused at this point.