Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Survivor: Lupus Tribal Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56710)

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 08:08 AM

Survivor: Lupus Tribal Thread

All members of the Lupus tribe may read and post here. Messages to the tribe and tribal council will also be held in this thread.

Your team buff is
blue.

KWhit 02-04-2007 11:06 AM

Hey guys. Normal villager dude checking in. I don't think I need to post in blue in this thread, but I will just in case.

Swaggs 02-04-2007 11:17 AM

Just checking in, also.

Everyone make sure to fill in the "Meet the Survivors" thing, in case it could be a challenge or something.

KWhit 02-04-2007 11:30 AM

Yep. Just did it.

Abe Sargent 02-04-2007 12:49 PM

Checking in as well

Blade6119 02-04-2007 03:13 PM

Checking in, posted my response to the challenge. Waiting on rum now i think to do his then our team is set. I think we would be the first team done too.

Chief Rum 02-04-2007 03:28 PM

[code=blue]Hey everyone. Checking in. I'm not a wolf! Oh wait![/code]

Chief Rum 02-04-2007 03:29 PM

Gonny try that again...

Hey everyone. Checking in. I'm not a wolf! Oh wait!

Much better...[/

Blade6119 02-04-2007 03:44 PM

chief, go post in the Meet The Survivors Thread

Abe Sargent 02-04-2007 07:02 PM

I'm gobsmacked by how good our team is.

Blade6119 02-04-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anxiety (Post 1379395)
I'm gobsmacked by how good our team is.

I think we have a good bunch here...i think we will do very well this game. Still waiting on chief to complete the challenge though, but i no longer think we will be the first team done. We could have been, which i think might have netted us a reward. But alas, it shouldnt be a major issue this early.

KWhit 02-04-2007 09:33 PM

I think this challenge is going to be some kind of "How well do you know your teammates" deal. So we should probably start looking at each others' answers and try to learn something about each other.

Swaggs 02-04-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1379813)
I think this challenge is going to be some kind of "How well do you know your teammates" deal. So we should probably start looking at each others' answers and try to learn something about each other.

Good thinking.

Everyone study up a bit. This seems like a pretty logical first challenge.

Blade6119 02-04-2007 10:21 PM

Screen Name: Blade6119
Tribe: Lupus

Favorite:

Movie: Meet Joe Black
Book: To The Last Man
TV Show: Spin City
Computer Game: Americas Army
Game in the FOF Series:The College Years
FOFC Werewolf Game: X-Com
Season of Surivvor: 1
Sports Team: Missouri Tigers
Non-alcoholic drink: Diet Dr. Pepper
Pizza Topping: No Cheese and Extra Sauce(its good, really)

Screen Name: Swaggs

Favorite:
Movie: L.A. Confidential
Book: The Stand
TV Show: The Office
Computer Game: OOTP6.5 (online league)
Game in the FOF Series: TCY
FOFC Werewolf Game: Tombstone/X-Com
Season of Surivvor: Austrailian Outback
Sports Team: West Virginia Mountaineers
Non-alcoholic drink: Diet Sunkist
Pizza Topping: Ham/Pineapple

Screen Name: KWhit

Favorite:
Movie - Casablanca
Book - 1984
TV Show - The Office
Computer Game - Oblivion
Game in the FOF Series - 2K7
FOFC Werewolf Game - Spawn
Season of Survivor - First
Sports Team - Georgia Bulldogs
Non-alcoholic drink - Coffee (black)
Pizza Topping - Italian Sausage

Screen Name:Anxiety

Favorite:
Movie - Donnie Darko
Book - Dracula or Lucifer's Hammer
TV Show - Babylon 5
Computer Game - FM
Game in the FOF Series - FOF2k1, because it had expansion!
FOFC Werewolf Game - The Middle Earth Game
Season of Surivvor - Never watched it
Sports Team - The Jaguars or the Mountaineers
Non-alcoholic drink - Coke with Lime
Pizza Topping - No preference, don't eat it much

Blade6119 02-04-2007 10:21 PM

the 4 posted so far, so you dont have to go hunting for them

Chief Rum 02-05-2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1379084)
chief, go post in the Meet The Survivors Thread

Yeah, I was cutting in and out before having to run off to work. I knew I had until Monday night, so I decided I would wait until now before going into that thread.

Chief Rum 02-05-2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggs (Post 1379903)
Good thinking.

Everyone study up a bit. This seems like a pretty logical first challenge.

But the answers would be right here for us all to see. Unless we're on the honor system with that. I don't see any other way we would have that as a challenge.

Chief Rum 02-05-2007 03:31 AM

My "Meet The Survivors" post:

Screen Name: Chief Rum

Favorite
Movie: The Shawshenk Redemption
Book: Any of the Lord of the Ring books
TV Show: The Simpsons
Computer Game: Football Manager 2006
Game in the FOF Series: FOF 2005 (the one before the current)
FOFC Werewolf Game: Tombstone
Season of Surivvor: Australia
Sports Team: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Non-alcoholic drink: Pepsi (but I never drink it anymore)
Pizza Topping: Pepperoni

Chief Rum 02-05-2007 03:54 AM

Just a nonsense post to move us up to the top of the "most posts in our tribal thread" list. Take that, Oz (who can't read this anyway).

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 08:41 AM

Tree mail arrives, it reads
Quote:

Will you be the ones to find the picture?
Do so and become an island fixture
Otherwise your stay here could be mighty quick
And you will lose out on a cool new trick.

Report to the Challenge thread

Blade6119 02-05-2007 08:28 PM

Well, i hope we avoided the elmination tonight...i hope you all found all 5 and made sure they would count.

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 09:57 PM

Welcome to tribal council. During tribal you will get to experience the wit and intellect of our special TC host, hoopsguy. He'll be here to help lead discussion and you must answer any question he asks. Of course you're perfectly welcome to debate with each other as well.

Tribal council has officially begun and will have a 10 PM Eastern deadline tomorrow. You may vote and unvote freely, but all votes MUST be PM'ed to me (NOT to hoopsguy) with the name of who you are voting for. Please also include your tribe's name (to make life easy for me). Tribal council will go on simultaneously with the next reward challenge so you'll have to work together even as you're voting out one of your own.

Have fun.

KWhit 02-05-2007 10:00 PM

Well that sucks.

Swaggs 02-05-2007 10:05 PM

This does suck. It looked like we almost made it into second place, but couldn't overcome the numbers the top two tribes had. :(

It stinks that the bottom two tribes have to vote someone out.

hoopsguy 02-05-2007 10:21 PM

Guys, it looked like you made a really good run at it, given that the competition had bigger numbers. What do you think you could have done differently that might have pushed you over the top and kept you from being in this position right now?

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:26 PM

Do we both have to vote someone out, or just 1 member from the two tribes combined?

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1381004)
Do we both have to vote someone out, or just 1 member from the two tribes combined?

Both tribes vote out one of their own members.

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1380998)
Guys, it looked like you made a really good run at it, given that the competition had bigger numbers. What do you think you could have done differently that might have pushed you over the top and kept you from being in this position right now?

I think the obvious answer for me would have been to try and pull one of the extras into our fold. We finished a mere 1-2 points off the lead, despite having 1 less man(and as such 5 less answers). I think a little effort in this regard would have swung us out of this position, and possibly into the leader spot.

The games not fair, barkeep told us that, and today it smacked us in the face. Our goal now is to smack back, as we have a pretty solid group here and i think we can do some damage if the following challenges arent so numbers based.

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:31 PM

Anyone volunteered for barkeep yet as to whatever he has planned? Barkeep asked for a volunteer, and i havent seen any discussion yet. Ill volunteer if not, im always happy to compete for tribe lupus(and hopefully restore this slight we have suffered)

hoopsguy 02-05-2007 10:32 PM

Blade, you posted an idea about the snaking responsibilities for pictures that was latched onto by all of the other teams. Do you think this may have inadvertantly helped the competition more than it did your team - given that there were two teams that already had more resources?

Any changes for how you plan to communicate in the general thread, going forward?

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1381013)
Anyone volunteered for barkeep yet as to whatever he has planned? Barkeep asked for a volunteer, and i havent seen any discussion yet. Ill volunteer if not, im always happy to compete for tribe lupus(and hopefully restore this slight we have suffered)

Please remember that you are NOT to post whether you have volunteered. That might be why there's been no discussion about it. Of course it might be because no one's volunteered as well :)

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1381015)
Blade, you posted an idea about the snaking responsibilities for pictures that was latched onto by all of the other teams. Do you think this may have inadvertantly helped the competition more than it did your team - given that there were two teams that already had more resources?

Any changes for how you plan to communicate in the general thread, going forward?

To be honest, right now i dont feel too bad about what occured. Ill be quite honest, as i may be dead soon anyways. We have wolves in this game, barkeep confirmed that. As such, for all i know my team has 2-3 wolves on it. Im going to continue to do my best for myself and my team, but im not going to be too cut-throat against the other teams until i figure out a bit more clearly where i need to be attacking. If the wolves used my idea to win, it sucks and im upset. If my idea helped villagers remain safe and gain the seer role im quite pleased.

To summarize, i think i helped them...but im not yet sure it was a bad thing.

For now i dont quite know a better communication method. A possible route would be to wait until the deadline and do everything then(observing other teams actions), but im not sure this team has the availability to do undertake such a plan as OZ did today.

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1381024)
Please remember that you are NOT to post whether you have volunteered. That might be why there's been no discussion about it. Of course it might be because no one's volunteered as well :)

Whoops, im sorry...forget i said that then :eek:

Blade6119 02-05-2007 10:55 PM

Anyone else want to answer those questions? Anyone else around tonight?

hoopsguy 02-05-2007 11:19 PM

Have you seen anything in either this thread or in the main thread that has you thinking someone is a wolf? I've hosted a few seasons of Survivor in the past and we have never had a problem with Werewolves ... I'm pretty sure that sort of thing is an urban legend.

Heck, it is hard enough to survive and outlast your fellow HUMAN competitors! And if someone was able to survive a meeting with werewolves then I would certainly expect their posts to count.

Blade6119 02-05-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1381075)
Have you seen anything in either this thread or in the main thread that has you thinking someone is a wolf? I've hosted a few seasons of Survivor in the past and we have never had a problem with Werewolves ... I'm pretty sure that sort of thing is an urban legend.

Heck, it is hard enough to survive and outlast your fellow HUMAN competitors! And if someone was able to survive a meeting with werewolves then I would certainly expect their posts to count.

Yes, i have begun to notice small trends with players that could potentially lead to wolfish behavior. Whats difficult here is even the wolves wanted immunity. To be honest, i feel i gleaned more from those who did poorly or contributed very little then those who were very active. I think this game is going to twice as hard as normal, as im trying to work on who i trust before who i distrust.

Dont tease, the post count issue is sensitive to some other members. I mean, i TOTALLY dont care, but i heared some other people were pissed off that i lost that many posts...i mean they lost ;)

Swaggs 02-06-2007 12:32 AM

A little late to the questions, but I agree with Blade on the first question. I definitely think our only shortcoming in this challenge was not lobbying to get the "free agent" players into our tribe. We played very efficiently and have a strong team, so the lack of numbers is really the only thing I saw that kept us from winning.

Swaggs 02-06-2007 12:33 AM

As for the werewolves, I'm not thinking about them a whole lot just yet. I'm just hoping to get our team, as intact as possible, into the merge (assuming their is one) or to progress as far as we possibly can.

Chief Rum 02-06-2007 03:59 AM

Man, I'm pissed (just generally, not at anyone specific). We got screwed today, and I think BK will even admit it isn't entirely our (my) fault.

I sent in the commissioner pics, and fell for BK's poor wording. I even pointed it out in my PM that it was ambiguous, but I was short on time and couldn't wait for a PM from him to be sure. I should have played it safe (I found a site with four of the five commissioners on it on the same page). Anyway, instead of sending in the one link with the four (with another for Goodell), I sent in individual pics for all five.

BK counted it as picture links per commissioner link, rather than all falling under the one "commissioners" category. As it was my third category, we got points for the first two (Manning commercial, Lombardi trophy) I sent in (and maybe got partial credit for the commissioners, not sure; BK only accepted the first three commish pics), but got nothing for my last two (Super Bowl XLI coin, The Catch).

I'm really bummed about how it went. Those pics could have been the difference. I'm so sorry guys.

And on that note, I might as well make the offer of being the sacrifical lamb. Not for that so much, but my car's battery is acting up, meaning I have to use a lot of my free time tomorrow getting it fixed (car won't even start) before work at night. And then Wednesday I work at my other job (before hte main one), also limiting my time. Given today's error and the next two days, it just makes sense to me that you all should vote me off.

Now, if someone totally blows it here or reveals to be a wolf and you would rather vote them off, I would love to stay. But assuming nothing like that comes up, I would understand and even offer to be that sacrifice.

Sorry again, guys. Hopefully Lupus can survive, because this a really strong group.

Barkeep49 02-06-2007 07:49 AM

Tree mail arrives.

Quote:

Do you have a way with the written word?
The winner will hold back the werewolf herd
So hopefully you can rhyme
And have an easy time

KWhit 02-06-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1381075)

I tend to think that there is perhaps some incentive for the wolves to try to lose the challenges. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like it would be a good gameplay mechanic (not to get too meta-game or anything)...

If that's the case, Lathum's coming out of the blue saying "I already sent in my pics, and oops, they're repeats of a bunch that have already been sent in" is kind of fishy. I suppose Rum's mistake could be construed as fishy as well, especially when followed by the "make me the sacrificial lamb" post (that kind of thing ALWAYS seems suspicious to me). But I'm not ready to cast real suspicion on Rum yet, as the mistake seems to be an easy one to make.

Of course my thinking all hinges upon whether or not the wolves would try to win a challenge or lose one. I'm not sure at this point on how I feel about that. It's entirely possible that wolves would be trying to win the challenges just as hard (because to actively try to lose a challenge would quickly put your head on the chopping block).

Anyway, it's something to be on the lookout for, because I could totally see some scenarios in which the wolves would want to lose challenges for their teams.

KWhit 02-06-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

On to today's reward challenge. In Werewolf words are important. It's how you decide who might be a wolf or how a wolf can save himself (or herself) from getting the ax. Today's challenge will test your abilities to use words. Each tribe is to pick a theme and you will then write four poems on that theme.

One poem will be an acrostic of at least 6 lines, one a limerick, one an 8-20 line poem with a rhyme scheme, and one a haiku.

The poems are due by 7 PM today here in the thread. You may post your poems all at once or separately as the day goes on, but once a poem is posted it may not be changed.

Posted for reference.

We need to choose a theme now. It needs to be something that has broad appeal to FOFC as a whole as BK said we may have guest judges.

Let's brainstorm a bit to what our theme should be.

Also, I'd like to take the 8-20 line poem with a rhyme scheme if that's all right with everyone.

KWhit 02-06-2007 09:01 AM

Some ideas for a theme (and my thoughts on them in parenthesis):

Football (probably too obvious)
FOF2007 (see above)
FOFC and the people who post here (could be funny, but not unique)
Music (wide range of possibilities, broad appeal)
A Day at the Workplace (something everyone can relate to, possiblity of humor)
Computer/Video Games (near and deal to all our hearts)
The Life of a WW Player (could be some funny self depricating humor here)

I also think that we HAVE to make these humerous (with a bit of heart or nostalgia thrown in). But humor is the way to win this challenge I think.

Abe Sargent 02-06-2007 09:18 AM

I like the Life of a WW Player myself, that's some good thinking. I think your humor insight is solid.

Abe Sargent 02-06-2007 01:10 PM

We...uh...should probably start working on this soon, right?

Swaggs 02-06-2007 01:33 PM

I feel bad, but I doubt I'm going to be able to help much with this one. I don't have constant access from work and can't really do something, like put together a poem (not to mention four), in a matter of minutes.

This would have been a good challenge for a weekend, but I'm not feeling real good about our chances of getting anything done today.

I guess we should, at least, pick a topic. I like the idea of the Life of a WW Player, but w/ guest judges, it may not go over too big with them. I would probably vote for that one, though.

Abe Sargent 02-06-2007 01:33 PM

Tell ya what, let me go ahead and toss one out there.

This is using the Day in teh Life of a WW PLayer theme. A Haiku is 5-7-5 right?

A Wolf in the Hand
Is Worth Two in the Bushes
Unless You Get Hanged

Don't be too clever
They'll get you for being nice
If you are two-faced

The wife is asleep
A Night Action you must keep
The forums you creep

-Anxiety

Swaggs 02-06-2007 01:41 PM

I will see if I can get an arcostic together...

Swaggs 02-06-2007 01:52 PM

Alright... I feel pretty cheesy about this, but it will be better than nothing, I guess:

Lest you be chosen,
You shall hide amongst the masses,
Not so much that you are marked as...what is the word?
Conspicuous. That is it.
He who barks the loudest leads the charge,
Even though wolves are often known to bark, themselves.
Death awaits the most popular. The rest will hope to see another day.

Swaggs 02-06-2007 01:54 PM

Abe, yours is really good.

If you guys like mine, feel free to submit it.

I need to go in about 10 minutes, but will be back on for a few minutes after 4:00.