Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW LXXXVI - The Charmed Ones (Game Over - Innocents Win) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=69118)

EagleFan 11-18-2008 01:26 PM

WW LXXXVI - The Charmed Ones (Game Over - Innocents Win)

The game will be a basic WW game based on the Charmed environment (Alyssa Milano... enough said). There will be some twists based upon the environment of the series to add some flavor to the game.

To start on Monday 12/1. Will send out roles that morning and the first day/night deadlines will be that evening.

Cycles will be:
Day cycle ends 9 PM EST
Night cycle ends 11 PM EST

Good:
The Charmed One(s) - Has the combined "Power of Three". Can select to use a power as defined in one of the Charmed Ones (Piper, Phoebe or Pru) to use during the night phase.

Piper - May freeze one person during the night stage keeping them from performing their night ability (see rules for Charmed ones Powers) - n/a

Phoebe - May have a premonision during the night stage (seer) (see rules for Charmed ones powers) - n/a

Pru - May attack one person during the night stage (see rules for Charmed ones powers) - n/a

Paige - Vanilla villager until one sister dies then becomes the third. May heal (BG) during the night stage after becoming a sister (See rules for charmed ones powers) Edit: Will now take over as the Charmed One(s) upon the Charmed One(s) death. Will be able to use her power of healing (BG) at night after becoming the Charmed One(s). Upon becoming the Charmed One(s) she may chose to gain either Pru's or Piper's power to chose from at night.

Leo - May heal during the night state (BG), can only be killed by a Dark Lighter

Darryl - May change the lynch vote (Duke)

Grandmother - Vanilla villager who gains the ability to PM the sisters after she is killed, does not participate in thread but can continue to discuss the game with the sisters from that point forward (unless they lose PM ability)

Innocents - Villagers

Good/Bad:
Cole - May be converted on night attack to Belthazor, gains brutal ability if converted. Wins with the final side he is on and counts towards the win conditions accordingly.

Bad:
Seer - May scan a villager during the night phase and receive potentially important information about that person

Christy - Cunning, viewed as good if scanned

Dark Lighter - Capable of killing only Leo or Paige in night action

Sea Hag - Brutal - n/a

The Source - Brutal, may also summon a dark lighter for a night kill attempt on Leo (will specify the target and kill only successful if the target is actually Leo, this counts as the night kill attempt)

Generic Demons - Demons

Objects:
Book of Shadows - Source of the Charmed ones powers. Held by one of the sisters each night and can be passed between them during the day phase. It may also be passed blindly to Leo or the Grandmother (the sisters will not know the identity of this person but can chose to make this blind pass and also get it back from in the same manner). If the demons possess the book they must also select a member to hold the book. That selection will be made during the night phase. If the person holding the book is lynched the book it will be returned to the sisters and power restored. - n/a

Vanquishing Potion - The sisters will each have a vanquishing potion (Paige will receive one if she becomes a Charmed One). These potions may be used once at night on a selected target. If the target is a demon they will be vanquished. If used on a regular villager the person will bot be harmed. If used on Cole before he is turned it will silence him for a day/night phase and will detroy his inner evil but that evil use it's brutal power to kill the person using the potion. If used on the Sea Hag the Sea Hag will be vanquished and will take out the person using the potion. Potions may be passed to other players during the night phase but it will not be specified who passed the potion. If passed to a demon the potion will be forever destroyed.

Rules:
The demons may pick one person to perform a kill during the night phase. The Seer may scan one person in search of the Book of Shadows. If the Seer is selected to perform the kill that person cannot also do a scan, a scan can be performed if the Seer is not doing the kill.

Only the dark lighter can night kill Leo. The dark lighter can only kill Leo. If the dark lighter attacks another player the attack will be unsuccessful. A dark lighter attack counts as a night kill for the demons (they can chose another demon to kill a player or the dark lighter). If someone other than the dark lighter attempts to kill Leo the attack will be unsuccessful.

If the sister carrying the book of shadows is night killed the demons will obtain it and the sisters lose their abilities along with PM rights. - n/a

If the demons posess the book of shadows they must select someone to hold onto it. If that person is either potion killed or lynched the book will be returned to the sisters and restore their powers. - n/a

The Charmed ones can perform their actions as long as three are alive and they hold the Book of Shadows. If one is killed Paige will be informed that she is a Charmed one and will complete the power of three again.

If the sisters night kill an innocent they will not be allowed to perform a night action the following night. If they kill 2 innocents they lose all powers and PM abilities.

The sisters may PM each other as long as the Power of Three exists and may perform one of their actions during the night (not one for each but one total).

The first time during the game that a sister is lynched, that sister will be healed by Leo thus causing a no lynch.

Win Conditions
Innocents win by eliminating the Demons. Major victory if the Power of Three remains.

Demons win by having a 1 to 1 ratio. Major victory if the Power of three does not remain.

1. The Jackal
2. RendeR - lynched day three (Paige)
3. Lathum - Cole
4. jeheinz72
5. hoopsguy
6. Barkeep49 - lynched day two (The Source)
7. PackerFanatic - night killed, night 3 (The Charmed Ones)
8. Danny - night killed, night 2 (innocent)
9. Chubby - lynched day four (Christy)
10. Hannibal Lecter - lynched day one (innocent)
11. Chief Rum - brutal killed day two (Leo)

Rule Alterations for Small Game
Rule Changes Declared for Small Game

Story Board
It begins (Evening at P3 turns deadly)
The dreadful evening continues
The longest day will not stop (I knew I shouldn't have joined a Greatful Dead cover band)
The Book of Shadows has arrived

Day One Results (We're not getting the band back together)
Night One Results

Not the Roadie!!!
We know Norm didn't do it...
She lives...

Day two results (epic influence on the game)
Night Two Results

The missing bouncer?
Screams from the Hostess

Day three results
Night Three Results (Could this be the end?)

How can you go on?

Day four results - The final battle

PackerFanatic 11-18-2008 01:42 PM

Mmmm...Alyssa Milano.

Hannibal Lecter 11-18-2008 02:24 PM

Can I be piper?

RendeR 11-18-2008 02:35 PM

Can I DO piper?

RendeR 11-18-2008 02:35 PM

And Alyssa? Twice?

The Jackal 11-18-2008 08:53 PM

I've stumbled across this show many a time during a lazy afternoon and not changed the channel because of Alyssa Milano.. I'm in.

RendeR 11-19-2008 10:15 AM

sign me up.

Lathum 11-19-2008 10:38 AM

in

EagleFan 11-19-2008 11:21 AM

Whoever ends up with Alyssa's character be careful around RendeR if he starts giving you THAT look. ;)

jeheinz72 11-19-2008 12:52 PM

Tentatively sign me up, presuming it starts post-Thanksgiving and conditionals are ok for night actions

hoopsguy 11-19-2008 01:44 PM

I think I'll be able to play post-Thanksgiving as well.

Barkeep49 11-19-2008 03:01 PM

My brother has always been the charming one of the two of us. Despite this clear handicap I will play.

EagleFan 11-19-2008 04:10 PM

I really don't see this starting until after Thanksgiving. I wouldn't want to start it for a couple days and then take a long holiday break, that would kind of kill the momentum of the game.

Yes, conditional night orders are completely acceptable. I know it can be tough trying to fit the game into one's schedule so I want this to be as user friendly to everyone as possible.

(edit: oh well, the blue didn't stand out enough)

PackerFanatic 11-19-2008 06:51 PM

I know far too much about Charmed, I hardly needed the descriptions.

As the women on that show make it enjoyable to watch...very enjoyable...

*ahem* I am in.

Danny 11-20-2008 04:11 PM

As long as it is after thanksgiving you can sign me up too.

Chubby 11-20-2008 05:54 PM

Count me in.

I won't admit that I should basically copy and paste PF's post... or that the fiancee and I have seasons on DVD.

Chubby 11-20-2008 05:56 PM

No Source? No Demon who projects fears (no i'm not going to wiki to find his name)? No leprechauns?

I know way too much about Charmed...

Hannibal Lecter 11-21-2008 06:22 AM

Very interesting..... no source? as chubby said! How could I not play this game :D

Chief Rum 11-21-2008 07:57 PM

Sure, put me in. Only after holiday, of course, but that seems to be the case, so no worries.

The Jackal 11-22-2008 05:50 AM

Nice. Keep 'em comin.

EagleFan 11-22-2008 10:47 AM

Would love to see around 20 or more in the game (so we can get all characters into the game). I'll keep the sales pitch goinbg throughout the week to see if we can get there.

jeheinz72 11-24-2008 09:05 AM

Hey gang, bad news. I guess clap (aka Hannibal Lecter) can't access FOFC at work anymore. So he asked me to let you guys know he can't play anymore.

Lathum 11-24-2008 09:22 AM

that sucks.

did he try the bypass link?

jeheinz72 11-24-2008 09:23 AM

No, what is it? I had never heard of that before. Let me know and I'll send it his way.

PackerFanatic 11-24-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1893101)
Hey gang, bad news. I guess clap (aka Hannibal Lecter) can't access FOFC at work anymore. So he asked me to let you guys know he can't play anymore.

I knew it!

Barkeep49 11-24-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1893119)
No, what is it? I had never heard of that before. Let me know and I'll send it his way.

75.126.153.96/fofc/

jeheinz72 11-24-2008 11:12 AM

Molto bene BK. I'll pass it along. Hopefully it does the trick.

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 11:18 AM

:)

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 11:18 AM

Anyone know how to get my chat working as well :)

Lathum 11-24-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 1893211)
Anyone know how to get my chat working as well :)

no, but you are welcome.

Lathum 11-24-2008 11:21 AM

actualy, try going to AOL.com and on the left side you can launch the AIM application from there

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 11:32 AM

Lathum, is teh awesome! :)

Lathum 11-24-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 1893221)
Lathum, is teh awesome! :)

I'm a master of finding ways around doing actual work

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 11:51 AM

A good skill to have I guess!.... It was not a good Monday morning to find out I have no access to about 50% of the websites i go to regularly! This is the only one that REALLY matters tho... I can do my fantasy hockey from home!

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1893162)
I knew it!

U knew I got blocked? lame!

:popcorn:

Schmidty 11-24-2008 05:12 PM

I miss WW. I've never even heard of the show this is based on, and I'll be too busy to play because of the holidays (work), but I really do miss playing.

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 06:10 PM

u never heard of charmed??????????????????/ top 5 TV show EVER!

EagleFan 11-24-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1893411)
I miss WW. I've never even heard of the show this is based on, and I'll be too busy to play because of the holidays (work), but I really do miss playing.

The Jackal 11-24-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 1893432)
u never heard of charmed??????????????????/ top 5 TV show EVER!

drugs are bad

Hannibal Lecter 11-24-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1893464)
drugs are bad

'

so are islamic venzualeans! and funky cheese!

Danny 11-24-2008 11:57 PM

My wife is awaiting board approval, but she wants to play as well.

Lathum 11-25-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1893672)

nice!

they have been having alot of spam problems with new accounts, you may want to PM Ryan S or BenELou to facilitate the process.

Alan T 11-25-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1893672)

You all are so daring allowing your wives to sign up and play. I don't think I could ever do that.. I don't think she even knows the name of this place though so I probably am ok.

Barkeep49 11-25-2008 01:02 PM

Your wife, who lets you play EU3 every Sunday, has always seemed pretty cool to me Alan.

RendeR 11-25-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1893835)
You all are so daring allowing your wives to sign up and play. I don't think I could ever do that.. I don't think she even knows the name of this place though so I probably am ok.

Foolish mortal. Never assume. never ever assume. They're everywhere =) and they know where you sleep.

Alan T 11-25-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1893878)
Your wife, who lets you play EU3 every Sunday, has always seemed pretty cool to me Alan.

Oh, I didn't mean that at all. She definitely is great to me. She doesn't complain about my nightly sports-sim leagues that I run, my softball team, or my bowling league or the various times I go off to play football or basketball. She doesn't mind me watching football all day Sundays either.. so I have no reason at all to complain about her.

I meant more.. knowing my luck if I played a WW game with her, I would end up saying something that hurt her feelings and end up sleeping on the couch for two weeks! I highly doubt WW is her cup of tea anyways. She doesn't usually get into those type of games very much.

EagleFan 11-29-2008 11:10 PM

Hopefully we can get a few more so I won't have to cut back on the roles. I will have the roles out Mondahy morning and day one will begin after that.

hoopsguy 11-30-2008 07:55 PM

May as well get this out now - my schedule is likely to be pretty tough this coming week. I'll participate the best I can, but likely will have a lot less daytime availability than my norm.