Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW XCII Hades -- Claimed by Villagers (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=71951)

Passacaglia 04-18-2009 10:21 PM

WW XCII Hades -- Claimed by Villagers
 
This is the thread for everyone in Hades.

Passacaglia 04-18-2009 10:21 PM

Hades
------
Chief Rum
jeheinz72
saldana
claphamsa
DaddyTorgo
Lathum
MartinD
The Jackal
Abe Sargent
hoopsguy
PurdueBrad
TheNorm

Alan T 04-19-2009 08:27 AM

Welcome to all of you who have died and come to this thread!

Passacaglia 04-20-2009 02:09 PM

Coming in through the river Styx:

EagleFan
Poli
Schmidty

Poli 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

That's what I'm talking about. Move over, Grover, I'm about to intrude on this jam right here.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

Vote Schmidty!

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:13 PM

Interesting. I was a bad lynch. Schmidty was a night kill. Only one from Sparta? No Sparta night kill?

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:13 PM

What did things look like in Sparta?

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:14 PM

Schmidty was a no vote day one. Hope all is well with him.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:15 PM

I think Abe and CR are the wolves in Athens. Have to get back to stuff here but I will elaborate later.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:15 PM

Umm, I'm guessing I was the night kill. I had one vote on me, the others were on our 'supposed' runner. Guess he took off.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:16 PM

I declared war on Athens. It was fun. I think Dubb was the only other one to do so.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:24 PM

So there was no lynch? Odd.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:26 PM

Like I said, I think our runner admitted...which I think it was PB. I didn't really get a good look into the thread. I'm kinda...kinda...working here. I'm guessing PB took off to Athens before his lynch went through.

We need to get a party started up in here.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:26 PM

That really makes no sense. A tie would lynch everyone who was tied and result in a multiple lynch.


vote Poli

Poli 04-20-2009 02:26 PM

Party, Pizza Party!

Poli 04-20-2009 02:27 PM

Say what you say. I had one vote on me. PB had about eleventy billion.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:27 PM

Granted I don't understand how the runner would work.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 02:27 PM

Gotta bolt, will be back tonight.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:31 PM

FWIW, I see PB just posted in Athens. He must have bolted over. I wasn't the 2nd leading vote getter, either. That was dubb. The votes must have stuck on PB, who took off.

I then, which I believe is the first time ever I was a day oner, a night kill.

I'm almost honored...but I don't feel like I ever have anything to provide the village.

Poli 04-20-2009 02:35 PM

I HAVE to finish my work up here. I'll be back later.

Alan T 04-20-2009 02:49 PM

Sparta and Athens are both kicking your butts in total post counts you slackers!

Passacaglia 04-20-2009 02:50 PM

Vote Count:

Quote:

Schmidty -- 2 Passacaglia (4) Poli (6)
Poli -- 1 EagleFan (15)


Poli 04-20-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1997211)
Sparta and Athens are both kicking your butts in total post counts you slackers!

Who cares about the living. They're so...boring.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 04:56 PM

So the wolves went after Schmidty, a no vote who now automatically has one vote against him for that. I know that I am a villager. That tells me that Poli is not a villager. The wolves planted you here (from Sparta where they can probably afford to lose a wolf as I think there are 5 wolves with 3 in Sparta and 2 in Athens).You come in and immediately vote for Schmidty. Why? That seemed quite deliberate.

It looks like Schmidty is doomed no matter what at this point. Hopefully he shows up and votes Poli so that we get rid of at least one wolf tomorrow.

Schmidty 04-20-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1997085)
Schmidty was a no vote day one. Hope all is well with him.


Today was my first day at my new job. I fell asleep last night at my desk, woke up at 2 a.m. and went to bed. I thought I would have time to vote this morning, but I had to shower, take my kid to school and be at work by 9 a.m., so there wasn't anything I could do.

Sucks to be voted off because of something I can't control. Of course, that happened to hoops last game, so i can't complain I guess.

Schmidty 04-20-2009 04:58 PM

Oops. Looks like I was night killed.

Schmidty 04-20-2009 05:00 PM

This f*cking sucks.

Vote Schmidty

Schmidty 04-20-2009 05:08 PM

For what it's worth (and no offense to Pass), but I think the missing a vote thing is absolute trash. It punishes people for things that happen in real life, and I think it's totally unfair.

Poli 04-20-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1997365)
So the wolves went after Schmidty, a no vote who now automatically has one vote against him for that. I know that I am a villager. That tells me that Poli is not a villager. The wolves planted you here (from Sparta where they can probably afford to lose a wolf as I think there are 5 wolves with 3 in Sparta and 2 in Athens).You come in and immediately vote for Schmidty. Why? That seemed quite deliberate.

It looks like Schmidty is doomed no matter what at this point. Hopefully he shows up and votes Poli so that we get rid of at least one wolf tomorrow.

Meh, whatever. I did it on the "always vote for schmidty". Smart money says Schmidty will side with me based on your argument and help me vote you out.

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
VOTE EAGLEFAN

Poli 04-20-2009 06:13 PM

Schmidty, a little help for your boy, please.

Passacaglia 04-20-2009 06:16 PM

I'm making a little rule change here. Two reasons -- one, I'm not trying to penalize people for having real-life issues, the vote penalty is really meant to weed out people who aren't playing at all, and two, I didn't think about what a killer it would be to have a one-vote penalty with only three people in Hades. So I'm changing the rule so that the one-vote penalty will not apply until there are six people in Hades.

Passacaglia 04-20-2009 06:17 PM

Vote Count:

Poli -- 1 EagleFan (15)
Schmidty -- 1 Schmidty (28)
EagleFan -- 1 Poli (30)

Alan T 04-20-2009 06:28 PM

What happens if it ends up in a three way tie? Based on the tiebreaker rule, do all three die? :)

EagleFan 04-20-2009 06:35 PM

Schmidty, don't vote yourself out. I know I am good and I don't think you are a wolf so that pretty much leaves us one choice. Two if no lynch is a valid vote.

I also think that my logic is fairly valid too. Especially with that initial vote penalty when it was in play. It gives the wolves an easy way to clean house on the first day in Hades and get rid of two villagers easily.

Poli 04-20-2009 06:48 PM

Yeah, right. Nice logic. Whatver.

I know I'm a villager. I know that you're pressing awfully hard...which I think is crazy.

I also know schmidty will side with me...so good luck with that, eags.

Poli 04-20-2009 06:49 PM

On second thought, I don't think I'll bother reading much more of this "I'm a villager" crap.

Eags, you might be a villager. I am a villager.

I think we're probably sitting on three villagers here, to be honest.

Don't be a goob.

Poli 04-20-2009 06:50 PM

This concludes my posting until the deadline.

Do the right thing, Schmidty, or your off my myspace. ;)

Just kidding, of course, about the myspace.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 07:26 PM

It all adds up. Poli with his immediate vote on Schmidty who already had the one hanging over his head, just like it was planned by the wolves. Schmidty, there is one chance that you will remain alive after day 2 and that is to vote Poli. Unless of course Schmidty actually ends up being a wolf but I doubt that.

Me = villager
Schmidty = ? To expand on that. If he was a wolf who was inactive why would the wolves put him in Hades right away. I know he was starting a new job by what he posted in Athens earlier in the weekend and can buy that he got tied up with all of that going on and missed the vote (especially with the vote penalty I can't see there being a plan by the wolves to put him here if he was a wolf). I am pretty sure that Schmidty can make my CoT quite easily.
Poli = ??? Yes it helps the wolves in the main cities if they put three (or 4 if it had turned out that way) villagers in Hades but it helpe them even more if they put a wolf in Hades to clear out villagers early.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 07:29 PM

It makes even more sense when you see how Poli's tone seemed to change after Pass changed the rule that Schmidty had an automatic vote on him with the no vote.

Schmidty 04-20-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1997534)
It all adds up. Poli with his immediate vote on Schmidty who already had the one hanging over his head, just like it was planned by the wolves.


To be fair, Poli and I ALWAYS vote each other on day 1, even if we change it later. It's tradition. I do however, understand that the wolves could use that to their advantage. Since it looks innocent. But damnit, I don't want to blow tradition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 1997534)
Poli = ??? Yes it helps the wolves in the main cities if they put three (or 4 if it had turned out that way) villagers in Hades but it helpe them even more if they put a wolf in Hades to clear out villagers early.


But couldn't this same argument be made about you (or even me I suppose)? It could just as well be you as could be Poli.

This is a rough one. What about a tie?

Poli 04-20-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 1997571)
To be fair, Poli and I ALWAYS vote each other on day 1, even if we change it later. It's tradition. I do however, understand that the wolves could use that to their advantage. Since it looks innocent. But damnit, I don't want to blow tradition.



But couldn't this same argument be made about you (or even me I suppose)? It could just as well be you as could be Poli.

This is a rough one. What about a tie?

Bravo, Schmidty.

Now do the right thing. Keep the one of us you like.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 10:46 PM

Don't let Poli push you around. Think it through logically. The wolves were split in a fair manner according to Pass. There are most likley 4 or 5 wolves. That would mean either 2 in each or 2 in Athens (the smaller of the cities) and 3 in Sparta. Why would the sacfifice one of their 2 in Athens to leave themselves with just one wolf in that town and fighting an uphill battle? They can only kill in a city where they have one wolf. You will still be alive day three if it is you and me left. I doubt that if you vote me out.

Look back at Poli's reactions. He had a much stronger negative reaction after it was declared that the automatic vote for you was not in affect.

If you do vote me out watch your back.


From Athens: Abe and either CR or hoops (my money is on CR)
Here: Poli

Hopefully you get the chance to pass that along if I go. Unfortunately that is all I have been exposed to so I can't be of any help from that point forward.

EagleFan 04-20-2009 10:55 PM

Now I just confused myself with another thought. What if Schmidty is a wolf? How would that play out?

They would lose a wolf in Athens and be down to one wolf. That would be bad... but... according to Poli PB has most likley jumped ship to Sparta. A runner can be a wolf I believe. If it's 3 in Sparta and 2 in Athens they send one (Schmidty) to Hades with the goal in mind of jumping another into Athens in his place. They would be able to orchestrate this kind of move with PM ability.

The only thing that I would absolutely HATE about that is that Schmidty had a real world reason to be absent day one. This would mean that real world events would be used as a ploy (the whole give him a break because of what he was doing in RL reasoning). I really hope that is not the case as that would be a pretty childish play.

Because of this I have to stay with my original line of thought and think Poli must be the wolf.

Schmidty 04-21-2009 12:27 AM

This is rough. I'm going to have to piss off one of you, and you're both my boyz (I'm hip) so I feel bad either way.

The other thing is that I'll have to vote right before bed (now), or right before work (2 hours before deadline), so I could be toast either way.

Right now, I'm suspicious of EF, just because he's pushing so hard. HOWEVER, Poli is seemingly going put meekly, so I'm going to put this out for now before bed:

Unvote Schmidty the Great

Vote Poli the Awesome


I will try to check the thread for a few minutes before work and kid delivery tomorrow morning, so I'm kind of "sleeping on it".

EagleFan 04-21-2009 02:15 AM

Not really trying to push hard, just tryinvg to get my thoughts out there so that if I get lynched maybe it will benefit the villagers at some point.

I know there is still the possibility that there are three villagers here which would really suck for us in that a vilager goes home after the vote. On the bright side it would also mean that only one goes home as there wouldn't be a night kill here.

Thinking a little moe about this I doubt that PB is bad if he jumped ship. The wolves would benefit more by having 4 people in Hades day one with 1 wolf.

I am willing to put my cards on the table. Vanilla villager. Unfortunately there are not many cards to be put on the table for me since that is all that I am.


Scenarios:

3 villagers - if this ends up being the case I would be okay with getting the boot as I have no role to protect and thus am less important to the cause. If there are three villagers here than PB is a wolf, that tells me the wolves want us to vote out a villager here for them and they try for an early win in the smaller of the cities (we thought it was 7-2 in the city to start, with Schmidty and me gone it is 5-2 and if they bring PB over it makes it 5-3 and they are one day of avoiding a lynch away from winning that city).

2 villagers and 1 wolf - I know I am a villager so it's 50/50 between the two of you and it makes more sense for Poli to be the odd man out in that case. Why send Schmidty in with a vote against him (at the time this was still he rule, since the woves were able to orchestrate the move I would hope the rule wouldn't change in their favor for that one). With all that said it's really more like 80/20 Poli being a wolf if there is a wolf among us.

2 wolves / 1 villager - highly doubt ths as that would not be a good play for the wolves at all, I'm pretty well screwed if this is the case but it plays out better for the village in the long run so I accept my fate at this point if this is the case.

3 wolves - 0 percent chance

EagleFan 04-21-2009 02:28 AM

Abe is probably a wolf and I think CR is either a wolf or the Evil Historian trying to gain favor and picked up the wolfish pings coming off Abe.

If Abe is a wolf and CR is the EH, hoops could very well be a wolf as he seemed to fall inline with what be was saying without actually agreeing with him.

If Abe is a wolf than Lathum is good. I suspect Abe was trying to make the new guy the duke because there is a better than average chance that Lathum pings wolf to a new player who has not played with him before.

I really have no contingency plan for Abe being good. I wasn't there long enough to get a read on many others and there was not a lot of posting after Sunday night in the Athens thread.

CR reminded me too much of Danny from last game, trying to offer up too much information and ideas. I thought he usually starts out slow but maybe I am wrong about that.



Sorry, a little insomnia tonight after working a 16 hour day (and having a call with our India office which totally pissed me off, I hate it when something that you put effort on to design gets changed by someone who thinks they know better and what they changed will not work, now I have to get it fixed at the last minute).

Poli 04-21-2009 06:23 AM

Poli is a villager with a role. That's what *I* got.

Poli 04-21-2009 06:26 AM

And...I'm off to work for the rest of the day.

You know what, I'll just go ahead and say it, because I'm really embarassed about how Eaglefan is pushing. I'm a Hoplite. I'm a villager and a hoplite. I orginally thought everyone's a villager and a hoplite, so I didn't protect anyone.

Pass ended up telling me I can't protect myself anyway, so it's moot. I sent in a protection of Eagle, thinking that Schmidty was AWOL for some reason or another and Eagle seemingly could use it.

I'm changing it now.

I doubt based on my experience in this game that'll I'll be playing again for a while.

Poli 04-21-2009 06:27 AM

I'm really disappointed in you, Schmidty.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.