Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW - The Lost Boys (Game Over; Vampires Win) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=79783)

EagleFan 11-11-2010 12:09 AM

WW - The Lost Boys (Game Over; Vampires Win)

This is a basic WW style game but with vampires and it will be themed off the movie The Lost Boys (the original, not the crappy second one).

The next couple posts will include the rules and roles. The deadline will be 10 PM EST and it will be a 24 hour game with one deadline.

The number of actual roles will be determined by the number of players.

Sides / Win Conditions

Villagers: Includes the roled and vanilla villagers. Must eliminate all vampires to win the game.

Vampires: Includes roled and vanilla vampires. Must achieve a 1:1 ratio with the villagers to win the game.

Deadline

- Weekdays at 10PM EST

Votes

- Daily, due at 10:00 PM EST.
- 10:00 is valid vote, 10:01 is past deadline.
- The player with the most votes will be lynched.
- A tie will cause a random lynch. The only players safe from the random lynch will be those who were tied in the original vote. (Example: If GroundCat and EagleFan were tied for the lynch a random drawing will be done in which everyone else except GroundCat and EagleFan could be lynched; in other words tie = bad thing)

PM Rights

- The Vampires have PM rights unless a role specifies differently.
- Villagers have no PM rights, unless specifed within their role(s).

GM PM's

- There is to be no direct quoting of PM's received from the GM.
- Quoting from a PM will result in immediate lynching.

Nightfall

- Nightfall is allowed.
- A nightfall vote must be unanimous.
- The processing of the nightfall votes will depend upon my avilability (if the nightfall vote is official while I am busy at work in the middle of the day it will not be processed until I ave the available time).
- You cannot unvote nightfall, one you vote nightfall your vote is locked in along with your lynch vote.

New Player Bonus

- Whomever brings a new or returning player to the game (someone that hasn't played in at least two years) will be immune from a day one lynch along with the new player they brought in.

Village

Sam - May select one night during the game to receive the result of a scan. On that night he will receive the same information that the person submitting the scan receives. A one time power. Or he may chose to make a one time kill on another player. He may not use both powers as using one will render the other unavailable to him.

Lucy - The maternal protector. She may select one person each night to protect. She may self protect. She may not protect the same person on consecutive nights. She may self protect on consecutive nights but once she choses to she may not self protect again during the game.

Grandpa - Once during the game he may change the result of the lynch. If he "dukes" to a Frog brother it will count as a lynch and the remaining Frog brother will lose scan ability.

The Frog Brothers - Seer Role. May submit a scan each night.

Vampire

Max - If scanned he will come up clean, the cunning.

David - If lynched he may select one person to take with him, the brutal.

Paul - Vanilla vampire.

Marko - Vanilla vampire.

Dwayne - Vanilla vampire.

Other

Michael - If night attacked will become a vampire after the next night's deadline if Max is still in the game. Wins with whichever team he ends up on. If he becomes a Vampire he will gain an ability to scan for his brother (Sam). If he finds his brother and night attacks him he will have a chance to convert his brother, the risk being that the attack may be blocked by Nanuk (Sam's dog) and Michael discovered.

EagleFan 11-11-2010 12:10 AM

Signups

1) Chief Rum - David
2) saldana - vanilla villager (day four lynch)
3) Passacaglia - vanilla villager (day one lynch)
4) Lathum - Sam (night one kill)
5) The Jackal - vanilla villager
6) Autumn - vanilla villager (day three lynch)
7) hoopsguy - vanilla villager (night four kill)
8) Danny - Lucy
9) DaddyTorgo - Paul
10) Raiders Army - vanilla villager (day two lynch)
11) RendeR - The Frog Brothers (night two kill)
12) J23 - Grandpa
13) Darth Vilus - Michael (converted night three)

EagleFan 11-11-2010 12:59 AM

EagleFan 11-11-2010 01:02 AM

Chief Rum 11-11-2010 02:07 AM

Good theme choice. Don't remember a Lost Boys one before, which seems odd, because it seems like a good fit for a game like this.

I am in.

"Now you know what we are...now you know what you are."

saldana 11-11-2010 06:03 AM

im in

Passacaglia 11-11-2010 09:00 AM

3) Passacaglia

Lathum 11-11-2010 09:22 AM

I'll give it a whirl. May want to PM some of the old regs, I know a lot of people dont routinely visit the forum anymore.

EagleFan 11-11-2010 10:54 AM

I'll start sending out messages to some of the past regulars. If anyone that signs up brings someone back who has not played in at least two years (or never played) they will be immune from being killed on day one.

Trying something to draw in new blood. :)

The Jackal 11-11-2010 11:03 AM

Sure I'll play

The Jackal 11-11-2010 11:04 AM

I want to be Dwayne because Billy Wirth (who was awesome on an old episode of american gladiators) was him in the movie

EagleFan 11-11-2010 11:05 AM

If we get enough players I will break out a Star role, still trying to figure out how to work her into it.

Autumn 11-11-2010 12:36 PM

I'm in, definitely.

hoopsguy 11-11-2010 03:15 PM

I'll give it a go, even though I've got worries about daytime availability.

Fun theme. Loved this movie as a kid, have it on a short list of "guilty pleasure" movies.

Frog brothers are going to be a really powerful bonus for good guys - two man COT to start, no chance that "clears" go to grave with seer (on first death, anyway), and takes two kills for wolves to eliminate the seer for good.

Poli 11-11-2010 03:17 PM

Glad to see another game going.

Danny 11-11-2010 03:50 PM

I'll play as well

DaddyTorgo 11-11-2010 07:30 PM

sure...i'm in

saldana 11-12-2010 06:04 AM

i have never actually seen this movie.

Poli 11-12-2010 06:15 AM

Yeah, me either.

Passacaglia 11-12-2010 09:20 AM

Me neither. Maybe I'll see if it's on Netflix instant while I'm on vacation next week.

Chief Rum 11-12-2010 10:03 AM

It's basically like a campy, cool vampire flick that had, for its time, some of the biggest "teen stars" of the day (the Coreys, Kiefer, and so forth) and to this day, it's the only reason to be aware of Jason Patric (sorry, Speed 2, no).

As long as you go in knowing that and knowing it is an example of being a product of its times, I think you'll find it enjoyable (if relatively derivative).

Looking back now, it's seem kinda silly, but back then, for those of use who were teenagers or near, it was pretty damn cool flick.

EagleFan 11-12-2010 10:11 AM

Loved that movie when I saw it and if I stumble upon it while flipping channels I am unable to change the channel. Not an oscar winner by any stretch of the imagination but it's entertaining and fun. Loved the music and thought it fit perfectly with the film.

Additionally, Jamie Gertz was smoking hot in it. :)

Chief Rum 11-12-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2379856)
Additionally, Jamie Gertz was smoking hot in it. :)

Heh... I was going to mention her, too, above. Another good reason to see it.

Lathum 11-12-2010 12:16 PM

I am amazed so many people haven't seen it.

EagleFan 11-12-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2379948)
I am amazed so many people haven't seen it.

+1

saldana 11-12-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2379822)
Me neither. Maybe I'll see if it's on Netflix instant while I'm on vacation next week.

already checked...not available on instant

EagleFan 11-13-2010 10:46 PM

Trying to make another push to get a few more players. May have to adjust some of the roles based upon the number of players.

Raiders Army 11-14-2010 07:30 AM

I'll play, but my availability during the day will be extremely limited. I'm in training next week and after training's over, I gotta do my regular work.

EagleFan 11-14-2010 02:07 PM

Need to work out a few changes as it looks like I was overly optimistic on the number of players. Was hoping that the guaranteed safe day one would help bring in new players (or get some regulars to bring in a new player so they get the same guarantee). :)

Chief Rum 11-14-2010 02:56 PM

Bummer. Sorry, EF. Yeah, it has been a rough go here at FOFC for WW lately.

RendeR 11-14-2010 04:00 PM

One of my all time favorite time killer/drinking/gaming movies.

I'm in.

"Maggots Michael...You're eating Maggots."

EagleFan 11-14-2010 10:05 PM

I'll give it until tomorrow. Then I'll sned out roles and day one will be Tuesday.

J23 11-15-2010 02:15 PM

I'm in, and have definately seen the movie too many times.

Darth Vilus 11-15-2010 05:49 PM

In

EagleFan 11-15-2010 06:25 PM

Busy evening for me tonight but expect roles out by midnight. Signups will be open until I start sending out the roles.

EagleFan 11-15-2010 10:28 PM

Signups are closed. Going to start sending out the roles, and will post a couple role updates.

EagleFan 11-15-2010 10:34 PM

Combining the Frog Brothers into one role. Not all roles may be used. Sending roles now.

EagleFan 11-15-2010 11:00 PM

Welcome to Santa Carla. Some of you are new to the area and everything looks rather strange at first sight. The people are strange but that will become the least of your worries.

You soon notice that there are missing persons posters everywhere along the boardwalk. At first it was nothing that you noticed and then one day EagleFan goes missing. After a long search his mutilated body is found. It seems that something sinister is hiding in this town.

The only people who speak of it are a pair of brothers who seem quite delusional.... and strange. They speak of vampires, not just the campy Hollywood vampiers and comic type but real vampires that feed on the unuspecting within Santa Carla.

Can you make it out alive?

EagleFan 11-15-2010 11:01 PM

GAME ON!!!

EagleFan 11-15-2010 11:09 PM

The Lost Boys won the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films (USA) Saturn Award for Best Horror film in 1988.

Corey Haim was nominated for the Best Performance by a Young Actor by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films (USA) in 1988.

Bernard Hughes was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films (USA) in 1988.

Corey Feldman won the Best Young Actor in a Horror Motion Picture in the Young Artist Awards in 1988.

The Lost Boys won the Teenage Favorite Horror/Drama Motion Picture in the Young Artist Awards in 1988.

saldana 11-16-2010 06:09 AM

checking in

Passacaglia 11-16-2010 08:30 AM

Vanilla villager in the hizzouse!

Passacaglia 11-16-2010 08:32 AM

Lame, it's not on netflix instant. Although The Lost Boys 2: The Tribe is available. :rolleyes:

Autumn 11-16-2010 08:44 AM

Hopefully this game can crowd out the ridiculousness that is Lost Boys 2.

Lost Boys: Werewolf - The REAL Sequel

Anyway, checking in and hoping we can have an active game this time around. I'm going to yap as much as I can and hopefully other people will too.

The Jackal 11-16-2010 08:56 AM

I'm vanilla, sweet and pure

The Jackal 11-16-2010 08:56 AM

Hm, maybe I shouldn't have phrased it like that.. I actually taste disgusting and rotten, vampires

Lathum 11-16-2010 09:53 AM

boom chack a lacking in!

Lathum 11-16-2010 09:54 AM

dola- deadlines are right around my kids bedtime so may be tough to be active late.