Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Survivor: The Islands of FOFC Main Thread DAY THIRTEEN (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=78042)

Autumn 06-03-2010 11:01 PM

Survivor: The Islands of FOFC Main Thread DAY THIRTEEN

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the newest season of Survivor. For the next few weeks, this set of contestants will engage in a grueling contest to become the lone Survivor. They will have to face the elements, create shelter, find food and manage to survive on this deserted island with no outside help. In addition they will have to face each other, surviving tribal councils where one contestant will be sent home each night. And in the end they will have to face the jury, surviving a vote to anoint the true winner of Survivor.

This season we have an interesting set of contestants. They will be formed into two tribes, sent to live on separate islands facing each other over a small stretch of water. Each tribe will be responsible for their shelter, food and fire. And each day they will face a challenge created by us, the Survivor producers. The loser of the challenge heads to Tribal Council that night, and votes out one of its member. The winners stay secure at least one more night.

Next I will introduce you to the contestants, and our two tribes.

Tribe Villagers

and

Tribe Werewolf

Autumn 06-03-2010 11:09 PM

TRIBE VILLAGERS

THE KICKBOXER

Thomkal might be familiar to those who follow the sport of kickboxing. A former Olympic athlete, he clearly comes into Survivor knowing how to compete, despite his days in the ring being far behind him now. Will his training regimen make him a key contender or distract him from the social game?

THE BEAST

Hoopsguy doesn't need to tell you that he's a professional weightlifter and former wrestler. The fact that the guy couldn't fly in on the same helicopter as the rest due to the weight limit was enough. There may have never been a contestant as buff as Hoops, but does he have what it takes to survive?

THE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER

You may have seen Darth Vilus speaking to your kids at the high school, or at one of those annual meetings your boss puts together. If he corners you on the beach you might just get an earful of his patented (literally) lectures. He knows how to help people get things done, the question is, how far can he motivate himself in this competition?

THE MATH WHIZ

Maple Leafs may not look like the kind of guy you want to bring with you on a desert island. He may not even look like he's safe to take out in the sun. But this high school math teacher has watched every season of Survivor - three times! If he doesn't wilt in the sun, will his expertise add up to a win?

THE SENIOR CITIZEN

Heybrad's may be closer to picking up his Social Security check than the rest of the contestants, and maybe he's already signed up for AARP, but that doesn't mean he's without talent. This retired factory worker has a lifetime of experience to draw on, assuming he can keep up with the youngsters.

THE ENGINEER

Surviving on a desert island should be a piece of cake for a guy who can keep a water treatment plant running, right? EagleFan did his duty in the Marines and builds a catapult every summer. What can't he do? Unfortunately, you can't solve all your problems on Survivor with a monkey wrench.

THE BOY SCOUT LEADER

Chesapeake may be a legal assistant during the day, but it's the Boy Scout troop he leads on the weekend that convinced him to go out for Survivor. He's hoping all those years of camping have him ready for this desert island. The question is, which is harder to deal with, a group of 10 year old boys or a tribe of Survivors?

The Villagers Tribe:
Thomkal
Hoopsguy
Darth Vilus
Maple Leafs
heybrad
EagleFan
Chesapeake

Autumn 06-03-2010 11:10 PM

TRIBE WEREWOLF

THE HOTHEAD

J23 is a guy that gets fired up about life, and especially about competition. In his regular life he may be a video store clerk, but he is clearly in Survivor to win and expects to give 110% out there every day. He looks ready to survive and ready to compete. Just don't get in his way.

THE STONER

CrimsonFox has been looking for something to do ever since Phish stopped touring. After applying to Survivor 15 straight times he's finally made the cut. Now that he's here, is he going to play to win or enjoy the beach?

THE SURGEON

SnDvls may not be a rocket scientist, but he is a brain surgeon. Here's a guy who doesn't need the money, but knows what it's like to be on top. We know he has the wits to play the game, but here on Survivor he'll be dealing with more than a scalpel.

THE HUNTER

The Jackal has been featured on the Outdoor Channel and in Hunting magazine for his exploits. Unfortunately for him, he can't bring his big game technology with him to the islands, and there's no production team helping him on this show. Does the hunter have what it takes to make it all on his own?

THE MODEL

Greyroofoo may be the first male model we've had in Survivor history. Depending on how he does, he may be the last. The men in the audience get their fill of eye candy every season, and now it's the ladies' turn. Will Greyroofoo turn out to be just a pretty face or will he find a way to be more than that?

THE ROADIE

Racer carried Eddie Van Halen's amp. What more do you need to know about this guy? He may not see much of the big outdoors from the blue bus, but we all know roadies can do it all. Will he stick around long enough to tell that story about Gene Simmons and the piranha?

THE NURSE

Danny knows how to perform in a high pressure environment, where juggling demanding people and delicate or strenuous work is a routine activity. A nurse has to be able to do a lot of things. But if we're lucky most of them won't happen on Survivor. Will Danny's grit be enough to get him to the finals?

The Werewolf Tribe:
J23
CrimsonFox
SnDvls
TheJackal
Greyroofoo
Racer
Danny

Autumn 06-03-2010 11:11 PM

CONTESTANTS

During this game you will control the actions of one contestant in a game of Survivor. Each player will be given their contestant's abilities at the start of the game. This dossier will rate them on different skills that will be needed during the game, whether having to do with creating shelter and finding food, or skills useful during challenges such as running or puzzle solving. These ratings will be used by the moderator to determine success at the actions the character takes during the day or at challenges.

At the beginning of the game all players will be given a brief introduction to the other contestants in the game.

Each contestant will also have a health rating. Health points will be affected by camp conditions, the activities the contestant takes during the day and their experience in challenges.

DAILY EFFORT

Each day players choose, privately, what to spend their efforts on during the day. Each player has three effort points to spend among the following (choosing the same action multiple times is allowed):

Work on the camp site: This will help create shelter for the tribe, keeping them safe from shelter and preventing loss of health at night or during storms.

Forage for food: Each contestant of course must eat every day. Food gathered is put into a common pool and used to feed the tribe.

Secretly talk to other contestants: Spending effort in this area allows the player to send private messages to other contestants, three messages for each point of effort. Outside of this players are only allowed one private message per day, and otherwise must not communicate about the game outside of the tribe thread.

Watch what another contestant is doing: If you wish to keep tabs on another contestant you may spend some effort to follow them, getting some information as to what actions they took during the same day.

Recuperate: This is the only way to restore health points that you have lost during the game.

Search for a hidden immunity idol: There is no indication that there exist any hidden idols, however there is a possibility that they will be a part of the game.

Miscellaneous action approved by the moderator: Feel free to contact the moderator about spending your effort points on something outside of this list.

Your daily action must be submitted by 10:30 p.m. EST. PM privileges will begin at that time and continue until 10:30 p.m. the next day.

CAMP LIFE

Each tribe's camp will be rated by the moderators on how successful it is. A camp that does not protect from the elements or provide enough food will have a detrimental effect on the tribe members' health. Your health rating in turn will have an impact on how you perform in challenges (as well as conceivably knocking you out of the game if it reaches zero). Camp conditions will be updated, based on everybody's daily actions, sometime between the 11 p.m. EST deadline and the introduction of the next challenge.

CHALLENGES

Each morning at roughly 9:30 a.m. EST the tribe is informed of the upcoming challenge. They have until 4:00 in the afternoon EST to strategize as a group and put together a plan for taking on the challenge. Each contestant is responsible for sending a message to the moderator by this deadline with their actions during the challenge. The consistency, completeness and appropriateness of those plans will affect how successful the tribe is.

A tribe member may also inform the moderator that they will be putting in extra effort on the challenge, which will increase their ability but put them at a higher risk of losing health. They can also choose to put in less effort, allowing them to preserve health but be less useful. Indeed, the member can opt to sabotage the challenge result for their tribe as well.

Challenges will have different portions and involve different skills. The moderator will determine the results of the challenge based on the ratings of the contestants involved, and opposed, at each section. For example if the first portion of the challenge involves swimming while pulling something heavy, their swimming and strength abilities will determine how effective each contestant or group of contestants are at that portion.

The results of the challenges will be narrated by the moderator at around 5 p.m. EST. The winning tribe will be given their reward, most likely immunity and possibly other rewards that could affect their personal health, the state of the camp or their food stores.

The losing tribe will have tribal council that night.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

If a tribe has lost an immunity challenge they have until 10:30 p.m. EST to each submit a vote to the moderator by private message for who should leave their tribe. Votes will be tallied and the results given at approximately 11 p.m. EST. The tribe member with the majority of votes will be removed from the game. If a player does not submit a vote (without some sort of prior communication with the moderator) their vote will be considered to be cast against themselves. The players are not aware of what will occur if a vote is tied.

IMMUNITY IDOLS

In the game of Survivor there are sometimes placed hidden immunity idols. These idols, if played during a tribal council after the vote has been made but before it has been read, will nullify any votes for the idol holder. The use of the idol during council will remove the idol from the game.

Idols may be passed from one player to another (without a use of effort points). While a contestant may look for an idol among a contestant's belongings, no player may take an idol from another contestant without permission.

EXILE ISLAND

Occasionally teams may be required to send a member to Exile Island, a separate island with harsher conditions. While there they will have to make do with only the food and shelter they procure, but they may have a chance to discover an immunity idol.

OTHER EVENTS

In addition to challenges and councils there will occasionally be surprise events that happen in camp. These will come up during the day at some point and have their own deadline. They will not be mandatory, and won't impact tribal council or challenges, but could prove beneficial or detrimental to the tribe depending on how well the tribe deals with them. In other words, managing to pull your tribe together to deal with them despite the surprise is not mandatory but will prove a useful skill.

THREAD MANAGEMENT

The tribe thread can be used for strategizing for challenges, discussing tribe council votes or anything else the players wish to discuss. The tribe threads will be public for that tribe only, not to the other tribe. Details about your PMs from the moderators or others may be discussed, though of course you are not required to do so, or to tell the truth.

Challenges will be narrated in the main game thread. Both tribes are welcome to read in this thread, but should not post here other than talk on the subject of the challenges, around the time of challenge deadline.

THE MERGE

At some point during the game the two tribes will merge, with all remaining contestants forming a single tribe. When the tribes merge the game will be condensed to one new thread. Challenges will become individual challenges with the reward sometimes including the personal immunity necklace. A player holding the personal immunity necklace cannot be voted for at the next tribal council.

VICTORY

After the two tribes merge a jury will be formed out of all subsequent players voted out of the game. These jury members are asked to continue to pay attention to the game, but not to post in the thread or communicate privately with other players. The jury will be responsible for voting for the eventual winner of the game.

At the point that there are only three contestants remaining in the game there will be held a final tribal council. At this council the jury will have a chance to question the three remaining players. They will then place a secret vote to determine the winner of Survivor: The Islands of FOFC.

Autumn 06-03-2010 11:12 PM

I will allow introductions or brief comments in the main thread for now. However, after that all talk should be kept to your tribal thread, except during challenges.

I will post here and/or in your tribal threads about deadlines, weekend play, etc. For now there are no private messages allowed.

Poli 06-03-2010 11:31 PM

I think I'm going to be a fan of Team Villager...we'll see how it goes.

Racer 06-04-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2293990)
I think I'm going to be a fan of Team Villager...we'll see how it goes.

Boo!

chesapeake 06-04-2010 09:06 AM

Hidelee-ho, there, Survivors! I sure do miss Rod and Todd and the rest of the troop, but I am looking forward to making a lot of new friends here on the island. Now why don't we all just gather around the campfire and sing a little Kum-Ba-Yah?

Autumn 06-04-2010 09:24 AM

I will be posting the first challenge details later today, once it seems people have all checked in. The first challenge planning period will stretch over the weekend, so that the results will be due Monday afternoon. But please do check in, and get me your daily effort choices by tonight.

SnDvls 06-04-2010 10:01 AM

checking in

Autumn 06-04-2010 02:43 PM

I've received some questions about PMs, so let me address them here for everyone.

As of right now you are not allowed any PMs. As of 10:30 tonight, at the Daily Effort deadline, PM privileges will begin.

Each day, 10:30 p.m to 10:30 p.m. each contestant is allowed to send one PM. If you spend effort points on communicating privately you can also send an additional 3 PMs for each point you spend.

You may send a message to a group of recipients, and that will count as 1 message sent, as long as you're simply copying a bunch of people in and all can see your recipient list. You can receive PMs without that counting as anything against you.

Because this will be weekend play you will have between 10:30 tonight and 10:30 Monday as your first PM period. Normally it will be 24 hours.

Any other questions?

chesapeake 06-04-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2294402)
Any other questions?

Yeah. Where the H-E-Double Toothpicks is everyone today?

Autumn 06-04-2010 03:04 PM

That's an excellent question. Still a lot who haven't checked in.

hoopsguy 06-04-2010 03:10 PM

Follow your dreams.
You can reach your goals.
I'm living proof.

Beefcake.

BEEF-CAKE!!!!!

Autumn 06-04-2010 03:38 PM

Just to clarify, the challenges are completely separate from the daily effort. In other words your effort points are spent entirely on the things listed there. Everyone will then also participate in the challenges, you don't need to save any points for those.

Greyroofoo 06-04-2010 03:38 PM

checking in

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Autumn 06-04-2010 05:12 PM

Remember all, Daily Effort points are due by 10:30 tonight. I am going to try to wait until your tribe is all set on that front before posting the challenge details.

Autumn 06-04-2010 05:50 PM

DAY ONE CHALLENGE

CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to your first challenge in Survivor. Today the two tribes meet for the first time. Up for grabs is not only immunity from Tribal Council, but a reward as well. The winner reaps the reward, the losers head to Tribal Council tonight.

For today's challenge you will be required to retrieve a burning torch from the middle of the bay, return it to your beach and light a signal fire with it. The winner gets to keep the fire burning on their beach. The loser goes home tonight without it.

There's a bit more to it than that though. In order to retrieve the torch you will need to construct a boat out of materials found in your camp and island: bamboo, vine, etc. Once your boat is built, four of you will row the boat out to the torch, grab the torch off of a rock as you row by, and return the boat to the beach.

Once the boat has returned, the other three tribe members must begin assembling a ladder out of puzzle pieces. When the ladder has been built, it will be placed against the signal tower. The entire tribe must climb the ladder and then the signal fire can be lit with the torch. The first tribe to light their fire wins.

You have until 4:30 p.m. EST on Monday to submit your actions in the challenge. Remember that each tribe member is responsible for relaying their own actions to me through private message. Plans made in thread can be a part of your plan as a tribe, but it will not substitute for the individual's private message.

Darth Vilus 06-04-2010 06:47 PM

for the challenge do we jsut choose who is in the boat and who is doing the puzzle or do we have to choose who builds the boat and who finds the supplies?

Autumn 06-04-2010 07:02 PM

Oops, I meant to post this in the tribe thread. I'll go do that.

But Darth, to answer your question, you must choose who will do what portions of the challenge. The supplies will be available at the challenge, so that's not a part you need to worry about.

Autumn 06-04-2010 11:09 PM

I will be out tomorrow for most of the day, probably not any real computer time until evening, so I may not get back to PMs or questions until then. Remember to get in yoru daily effort if you have not, and that you have until 4:30 EST on Monday to figure out your challenge plans.

The Jackal 06-05-2010 12:19 PM

checking in - didn't realize anything has started because (PING EF) i was at game 4 yesterday!

i will take the flyers resilence and survival instincts into this game, don't you worry

SnDvls 06-05-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2294828)
checking in - didn't realize anything has started because (PING EF) i was at game 4 yesterday!

i will take the flyers resilence and survival instincts into this game, don't you worry

don't forget to check out our team thread too.

Autumn 06-05-2010 10:53 PM

I want to clarify for people that Day One of Survivor,w hile it began on Friday, will not end until the end of the day Monday. I should have considered that a lot of the players here are not Werewolf players (for whom stretched out weekend "days" are common).

The actions you put in on Friday will carry through until the end of Monday (at 10:30 p.m. EST). That means you won't need to submit more actions until then (when day 2 begins). And that your private message allotment will not be replenished until then.

Let me know here or in private if you have questions.

Autumn 06-06-2010 11:21 PM

Just a quick reminder to everyone - challenge actions are due by 4:30 p.m. EST on Monday. the challenge will be processed at that point. The losing tribe will have tribal council that very night.

Autumn 06-07-2010 03:48 PM

Oops, I forgot I planned on posting challenges here. Excuse the repeat, the rest of the narration will go here.

Autumn 06-07-2010 03:49 PM

DAY ONE CHALLENGE

Boats & Ladders

The two tribes assemble for a challenge for the first time in this season of Survivor. Starting on their own beaches, across the bay from each other, each tribe waits for the call and then bursts into action. Their first task, build a boat that will help them reach the center of the bay where a lit torch awaits them.

All seven tribe members help, taking the vines, bamboo, coconuts and other materials that have been assembled for them and attempting to form it into a craft. The task is clearly a challenge for some, while others jump right into fashioning something. Both beaches are filled with the sounds of the tribe members calling to each other heatedly, grabbing at materials and directing each other, sometimes to contradictory effect.

The Villagers are the first to make some progress, their boat taking shape while the Werewolves are still attempting to find an initial structure. While Hoopsguy is at a loss and contents himself to back on the villager beach, handing materials to others as he can, the others seem to get on the same page, Darth Vilus and Chesapeake leading the design and getting the raft finished.

The Werewolves struggle to keep up the pace, J23, Jackal and Greyroofoo all getting their hands into the construction, but the others less sure how to proceed. Things seem dire as the Villagers are pulling far ahead, but SnDvls pulls the group together keeping the various builders from going in different directions and lining the materials up for them. With his efforts the Werewolves get their craft into the water only shortly after the Villagers.

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:04 PM

The Villagers get their boat in the water first, Thomkal, Hoopsguy, Eaglefan and Chesapeake piling in as the others wait on the beach. As the four start working on rowing out to the torch, Chesapeake takes it upon himself to get the rowers organizing, making sure everyone is rowing to the same cadence. It is unclear that the others are willing to follow his lead, but his direction has some impact on getting the Villagers rowing well and on their way to the torch.

The Werewolves pile onto their boat not long after the Villagers, from their own side of the bay. CrimsonFox, SnDvls, TheJackal and Racer all climb on board and start rowing furiously, trying to make up for lost time. They struggle, however, not moving as quickly or as smoothly as the villagers. It seems again that only SnDvls Herculean efforts on his oar keep them not far behind the others, as he rows like a man possessed, urging the others on.

The Villagers reach the center of the bay first, and the small rock holding the two torches. As the boat nears, Thomkal moves to the edge of the raft, carefully reaching out and snagging the torch, the others holding the raft still for him.

Soon after the Werewolves reach the rock themselves. There is some confusion on the approach as to who will grab the torch, several contestants standing up before realizing no one is rowing. Finally CrimsonFox lurches out and grabs the torch, grabbing a shoulder to keep from falling off the raft himself. Both teams have their torches, the Villagers working on a sizable lead on their way back to their beach.

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:13 PM

On the way back to the beach, the rowers struggle with fatigue. The Villagers are ahead, but rowing slower than they did on the way out, Thomkal driving the pace and the others flagging, Chesapeake's directions barely heeded as they run the boat to ground and stumble off. Chesapeake has the torch and carries it onto the beach.

On the other side of the bay the Werewolves don't seem as tired as the Villagers, but still struggle to beat the other tribe back. CrimsonFox seems to row at the opposite time as his partner and the boat veers sideways several time as the four argue about the cadence. SnDvls seems to drive them home with his unflagging rowing, collapsing onto the beach, exhausted and in obvious pain as the boat runs ground. CrimsonFox hops off the raft with the torch. The Villagers are already at work on their ladder puzzle.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 04:14 PM

We apparently didn't ask enough questions on the challenge rules

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:26 PM

The Villagers put Darth Vilus, Maple Leafs and Heybrad to work on assembling the ladder. The pieces are cut to fit together like a three dimensional puzzle and the three lay them out attempting to find a way to piece them together. They have already started when the Werewolves finally reach the shore. J23, Greyroofoo and Danny spring to work on their own puzzle pieces. The Werewolves' only chance is to beat the Villagers soundly on this portion of the challenge and make up for their sound thrashing on the boat portion of the challenge.

It doesn't seem to be meant to be, though. Despite all three of the villagers setting to work with no clear plan or leader, there is nary an argument or word lost between them, the three working in perfect sync, pointing and directing each other, their ladder seeming to appear before their eyes.

The Werewolves make good progress, Danny and Greyroofoo quickly putting together several sections of the ladder themselves, J23 making progress as well. But they lose precious time as they argue amongst each other, Danny trying to grab a piece from Greyroofoo.

They have not yet finished the puzzle when they hear the shouts of excitement from the other side of the bay. The Villagers have completed their ladder and the tribe climbs it, no need to rush as the Werewolves still struggle to catch up. With a roar of excitement the Villagers light their signal fire.

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:28 PM

Villagers tribe wins the first challenge! They may keep the fire now blazing on their beach. In addition they will stay at camp tonight. The Werewolves must attned Tribal Council,and one of their members will go home.

Werewolves you have until 10:30 p.m. EST to cast your vote, via private message, for one tribe member to be sent home.

Everybody has until 10:30 p.m. EST to spend their 3 effort points for day 2. Message me if you have questions.

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:40 PM

I will be out for dinner and putting the kids to bed, but will try to check for any questions or messages. Please remember tonight's deadlines mentioned above.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 04:47 PM

Autums please report to the WW tribe thread...thanks

Autumn 06-07-2010 04:57 PM

I will be back soon to try to answer additional questions, but I have to run for a bit.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2295818)
Villagers tribe wins the first challenge! They may keep the fire now blazing on their beach. In addition they will stay at camp tonight. The Werewolves must attned Tribal Council,and one of their members will go home.

Werewolves you have until 10:30 p.m. EST to cast your vote, via private message, for one tribe member to be sent home.

Everybody has until 10:30 p.m. EST to spend their 3 effort points for day 2. Message me if you have questions.

so is it now officially day 2 and we can spend daily points for day 2?

Maple Leafs 06-07-2010 05:47 PM

General question: do I have it right that we don't get our "new" points until after tribal council? Meaning that any strategy/scheming in private before a tribal will have to be done with leftover points from the current day?

Racer 06-07-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple Leafs (Post 2295896)
General question: do I have it right that we don't get our "new" points until after tribal council? Meaning that any strategy/scheming in private before a tribal will have to be done with leftover points from the current day?

That is my impression.

Autumn 06-07-2010 05:54 PM

That is correct, re: the private message info above. I am considering altering that rule possibly, but as for right now you should only be using PMs that you still have available from your day one allotment. Day 2 doesn't start until after the tribal council.

There are several people I need to get back to on things - if you're waiting to hear from me be patient, I'm getting to it.

Autumn 06-07-2010 06:27 PM

It seems perhaps that a less confusing timeline would be to have your next day's efforts due at the same time as the challenge, 4:30. Then your new PM day would start at the end of the challenge. I would put up your camp results around the same time as the challenge so that you'd have that info before putting in your new effort. It will be a rolling deadline, so that you can start PMing anytime after 4:30 that you give me your points allotment.

Today you have until 10:30 to put in your effort points, but let me know if you like this new schedule better going forward.

Thomkal 06-07-2010 06:42 PM

Woohoo fellow Villagers! Way to work as a team!

Thomkal 06-07-2010 06:56 PM

I think the 4:30 deadline will work better Autumn-give people more time and opportunity to strategize before heading to tribal council

Racer 06-07-2010 08:39 PM

I think it might cause more confusion if what time actions are due changed during the game. I like the current setup better.

Autumn 06-07-2010 08:41 PM

Well, the reason I pose it is because I've had a lot of people confused about the current setup, not getting things in on time, or not aware when they can send PMs or can't. The new setup would be

4:30 deadline - send in your daily actions for next day, send in challenge actions, start new PM period

10:30 deadline - only for tribal council votes

I'll try to wait for more feedback before I decide. I agree, I wouldn't want to change midstream, but it feels like people haven't really figured out the original schedule anyway.

Maple Leafs 06-07-2010 08:49 PM

I like the proposed new system.

The lead up to tribal council should be the best part of the game, especially towards the end. It would suck to have it go by without much action because everyone has used up PMs.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 08:51 PM

to help clear up any confusion you should state at the end of your posts where we are at currently. Also changing the thread title helps too

i.e. Challenge 1 ended Village wins (boo, hiss, boo). Village you are still on day 1 continue you day 1 action if you have any left then check the main thread for the start of day 2. Werewolves you are on day 1 still, you must now however send in a vote for tribal council. Day 2 will begin after tribal council...continue day 1 actions up until tribal council....ect.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 08:52 PM

dola - either way I don't care for times, but I would suggest changing the thread titles with what is happening/deadlines ect.

chesapeake 06-07-2010 08:53 PM

Will we necessarily know if we have had a significant health loss before our daily plan is due for the next day? I'd be pretty irked to be locked into foraging for food when I unexpected get knocked down to 1 health during the challenge.

SnDvls 06-07-2010 08:53 PM

double dola -

want to make it clear that once a vote is submitted via PM for tribal council it can not be changed .... correct just like writing the name down on the show?

Autumn 06-07-2010 08:56 PM

I will allow changes up until the 10:30 deadline, just because people may have to sometimes submit placeholder votes, etc. So you should consider the vote to not have happened yet until 10:30.