Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CXXIV - Watchmen (Game Over, Wolves Win!, endpost:704) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80532)

Darth Vilus 01-31-2011 07:10 PM

And do not say once a month :D

Danny 01-31-2011 07:12 PM

I already got mine, wolf checking in.

Autumn 01-31-2011 07:40 PM

Danny must be The Comedian.

jeff061 01-31-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2417591)
Danny must be The Comedian.


Nice.

The Jackal 01-31-2011 08:25 PM

I'm home so I'll start working on them now. If anyone shows up in the next half hour or so wanting to play you can join!

The Jackal 01-31-2011 08:31 PM

Game will start after I announce all roles have been sent out. Anyone who posts about their role prior to this may be lying!

Autumn 01-31-2011 08:32 PM

lol, everyone who posts after this is guaranteed to be lying!

The Jackal 01-31-2011 08:34 PM

A note that I will add to the rules section: The wolves will know which roles are not in the game, should there be any.

I changed my mind, if anyone saw the original post.

The Jackal 01-31-2011 09:12 PM

Still sending out roles, but there will be NO Night Zero actions. No scans, no NK, nothing. Day one will start tomorrow morning. Please be patient as I finish assigning roles.

The Jackal 01-31-2011 09:14 PM

Also, I've edited some of the role descriptions from the first page in the PM's just for flavor (and pronouns), do not be alarmed. Be assured the vanilla villager PM has not changed at all.

The Jackal 01-31-2011 09:29 PM

September, 1985.

The world is in disarray. Crime runs wild in the streets. The Minutemen, who in the past had been one of the greatest beacons of light against crime have mostly gone their separate ways.

Enter a new, unforeseen threat. The Minutemen are called to a secret base by one of their members, and the world's smartest man, Ozymandias. He has called this meeting because of a rumor that someone is attempting to kill Edward Blake, the Comedian.

When you arrive, the doors are locked, as Ozymandias reveals that the culprits are amongst you. It is up to you to decide who is at fault. If you cannot discover the true threat, no one will be able to.

NIGHT ZERO HAS BEGUN!

DAY ONE WILL BEGIN TOMORROW AT 930 AM EST, NO VOTES WILL COUNT UNTIL THEN.

Danny 01-31-2011 09:32 PM

Considering the number of players in this game, I'd say the most likely scenario is 3 wolves and no cultist with the possibility of 2 wolves and a cultist and 3 wolves and a cultist. I can't imagine there being 4 wolves in a 14 person game.

jeff061 01-31-2011 09:41 PM

Coolness. I am likely going to be away from a PC until tomorrow afternoon. Should be back in plenty of time for the Day 1 fun.

Lathum 01-31-2011 10:32 PM

Vote Danny the wise ass carnivore

EagleFan 02-01-2011 12:49 AM

Checking in

hoopsguy 02-01-2011 06:49 AM

Just in case there was any doubt in a game with rules suggesting all these roles ... there are vanilla villagers. I'm one of them.

Time to find some bad guys.

saldana 02-01-2011 08:03 AM

checking in...does my jeff vote count?

PackerFanatic 02-01-2011 08:05 AM

I refuse to check-in before the official start time.

The Jackal 02-01-2011 08:30 AM

No previous votes have counted. Day 1 has begun!

PackerFanatic 02-01-2011 08:30 AM

YAY! OFFICIAL CHECK-IN!

Danny 02-01-2011 08:44 AM

And with that I am off to work.

jeff061 02-01-2011 08:52 AM

Quick morning check in between meetings. Back in a few hours.

DaddyTorgo 02-01-2011 08:52 AM

Vanilla Villager here.

DaddyTorgo 02-01-2011 08:53 AM

I don't think there's any doubt that there are vanilla villagers.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

ntndeacon 02-01-2011 08:53 AM

I am here for a bit.

Thomkal 02-01-2011 08:54 AM

Greetings Fellow Minutemen, it brings me much sorrow to see this once honorable organization brought so low. I can only hope we root out the evil amongst us and somehow reclaim some of that honor back.

We must not be too trusting when our fellow members reveal information about themselves or others-the evil amongst us know more about us than we do about them (they know the roles in the game) and there's a chance for deception if the cultist is in the game and a possible attempt at conversion to their side (the description for the cultist seems to hint at this).

I am just a regular member of the Minutemen, not one of our luminaries, so I only have my wits and my strong desire to remove the evil that is rotting away at our core to guide me.

The Jackal 02-01-2011 08:57 AM

(There are no conversions in this game, the Cultist merely wins with the wolves, should he be in the game)

Lathum 02-01-2011 09:00 AM

Vote Danny the wise ass carnivore

Thomkal 02-01-2011 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info Jackal, I was about to ask :)

Autumn 02-01-2011 09:13 AM

Checking in. I'm going to place my vote fairly early today but haven't looked to see where yet.

Autumn 02-01-2011 09:20 AM

Wow, looking over that player list, what a crowd. Most of these guys are going to draw enough attention themselves, through longlasting rivalries, being talkative, being dangerous wolves, etc. I want to see a lot of names out there day one to make sure we throw a wolf into the pile one way or another.

VOTE J23

PackerFanatic 02-01-2011 09:23 AM

VOTE AUTUMN

Simply for being a pain in my ass last game ;)

Chief Rum 02-01-2011 10:48 AM

Checking in. I don't know if hoops is a regular Minuteman or not, but I can confirm they're in the game as well.

hoopsguy 02-01-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2417832)
I don't think there's any doubt that there are vanilla villagers.

VOTE HOOPSGUY


That's enough to buy a Day 1 revenge vote. I'll change it if there is a compelling reason, but seriously DT?

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Thomkal 02-01-2011 10:59 AM

well might as well join the "fun"

VOTE JEFF061

Because I don't think I've played in a game with you yet? So this is my "hello". :) (and apologies if we have played in a game before)

The Jackal 02-01-2011 11:05 AM

hoopsguy - 1 - (DT 74)
Danny - 1 - (Lathum 78)
J23 - 1 - (Autumn 81)
Autumn - 1 - (PF 82)
DT - 1 - (hoops 84)
jeff061 - 1 - (Thomkal 85)

saldana 02-01-2011 11:13 AM

ok, six guys have a vote...so i can either add a 7th, or be the dreaded "first 2nd vote" on someone.

i hate day 1

jeff061 02-01-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2417878)

Because I don't think I've played in a game with you yet? So this is my "hello". :) (and apologies if we have played in a game before)



Yeah, I haven't played a game in about 2 or 3 years. I'm going to get all discouraged :(.

jeff061 02-01-2011 11:29 AM

I'm going to go ahead and make the dreaded 2nd vote. Adding a 7th is silly.

VOTE HOOPSGUY.

EagleFan 02-01-2011 01:35 PM

vote Danny

Let's make it a two horse race.

hoopsguy 02-01-2011 01:44 PM

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO
VOTE EAGLEFAN


While I don't have a problem with the notion of a two-horse race, I don't think that me + Danny is exactly an ideal two horse race on Day 1. Nor was there anything resembling a reason for putting Danny in there ... not that there has any kind of attempt by anyone to justify the D1 votes. But picking someone to push to the front of the pack has a little more importance, relatively speaking, than the initial vote on someone.

hoopsguy 02-01-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2417936)
UNVOTE DADDYTORGO
VOTE EAGLEFAN


While I don't have a problem with the notion of a two-horse race, I don't think that me + Danny is exactly an ideal two horse race on Day 1. Nor was there anything resembling a reason for putting Danny in there ... not that there has any kind of attempt by anyone to justify the D1 votes. But picking someone to push to the front of the pack has a little more importance, relatively speaking, than the initial vote on someone.


Actually, to follow proper WW etiquette and put the vote at the end of the post, the last post should have read ...

While I don't have a problem with the notion of a two-horse race, I don't think that me + Danny is exactly an ideal two horse race on Day 1. Nor was there anything resembling a reason for putting Danny in there ... not that there has any kind of attempt by anyone to justify the D1 votes. But picking someone to push to the front of the pack has a little more importance, relatively speaking, than the initial vote on someone.

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO
VOTE EAGLEFAN

Darth Vilus 02-01-2011 03:31 PM

checking in, i should be around most of the day so i'll get my vote in later

EagleFan 02-01-2011 03:47 PM

unvote Danny

vote hoopsguy

Chief Rum 02-01-2011 03:56 PM

I would love to see some consistent tactic for Day One which gives the votes for today some meaning for once. I know there have been efforts toward that (just recently, I think it was EF who had the Day 1 lynch candidate survive, although that's one that can only be used so often).

I'm not a fan of a two horse race alone, because I don't know that it really gives us enough candidates to give us a fair shot at a wolf or of something we can eventually learn from this vote.

If we go with Danny's numbers (3 wolves, 11 villagers), choosing at random, we have a 27% chance of hitting a wolf with the first candidate, and a 49% chance of having a wolf in two candidates selected at random. So picking at random, two candidates are still less than even chances. Plus, the actual percentage will be lower even than that, because three players are actively seeking to stop us from having a wolf in the mix.

If we introduce a third player, there is only a 34% chance of randomly selecting three villagers. Sure, it can still happen, but I like those odds better.

So I am going to attempt to do something useful with my Day 1 vote and push up a third candidate from those already with votes. J23 and jeff061 don't play so often, so that leaves me with Autumn.

VOTE AUTUMN

Chief Rum 02-01-2011 03:57 PM

And while I am typing all that up, EF screws it all up.

saldana 02-01-2011 04:26 PM

not a big fan of the vote for hoops there EF, based on what...the fact that he questioned your motives so you vote him instantly?

vote eaglefan

The Jackal 02-01-2011 04:41 PM

Out until 9 or so most likely

EagleFan 02-01-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 2418023)
not a big fan of the vote for hoops there EF, based on what...the fact that he questioned your motives so you vote him instantly?

vote eaglefan


:(

ntndeacon 02-01-2011 06:02 PM

Looks like we are back to 3 with 2 votes each. I kinda like your argument CR. So I will end up on one of the 3... The back and forth this early makes me think of grasping at straws..so at least for day one that is enough reason to steer clear of the EF Hoops debate... Therefore I am left with only one option...

Vote Autumn


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.