Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 01:33 PM

The crew is still processing the last away team's haul when hoopsguy and his crew come back. Where there was smiles last time there are none this time. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, from getting momentarily lost, to having some equipment break on them. Only 9 more units get added to the Cargo Hold.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 01:34 PM

That's not a good sign.

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:34 PM

Ok Telle, bring us back 30+ you can do it! :)

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 01:34 PM

We have 58. Let's hope Telle can rock the mission, then we should be up over 80.

KWhit 07-10-2008 01:34 PM

PackerFan,

I think you said earlier that it only took 1 crys to recharge a phaser. Is that confirmed? We'll want to gather some extra for the trip home, but I'm wondering how much extra we might need.

mccollins 07-10-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1775385)
The crew is still processing the last away team's haul when hoopsguy and his crew come back. Where there was smiles last time there are none this time. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, from getting momentarily lost, to having some equipment break on them. Only 9 more units get added to the Cargo Hold.

No comment from me on the level of success yet ;)
58 total crys.

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775390)
PackerFan,

I think you said earlier that it only took 1 crys to recharge a phaser. Is that confirmed? We'll want to gather some extra for the trip home, but I'm wondering how much extra we might need.

Regardless of how much extra we might need, one thing I learned last spawn game is we don't need to waste extra time on this planet if we don't have to.. So if it won't hurt much for an extra team or something first thing tommorrow then we can get a buffer.. but if everything is repaired, we have a bit extra we should get the hell out of here

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 01:37 PM

Before disappointment can set in too much Telle has an away team gear up. Accompanying here are Packerfanatic and three slaves.

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:38 PM

BK, which mission did LSG go on and which did packer go on? You have her listed for both

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775390)
PackerFan,

I would guess something like 10 at least in case of leakage. Remember, if we don't have 75 crys when we kill all the spawn we still lose; we don't want to get hosed by having just a few leak out.

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775398)
BK, which mission did LSG go on and which did packer go on? You have her listed for both

Fixed

Telle 07-10-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1775397)
Before disappointment can set in too much Telle has an away team gear up. Accompanying here are Packerfanatic and three slaves.

Umm.. hoops took LSG. I'm taking PackerFanatic.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 01:41 PM

Regarding the extra Crys, we take off immediately right? So theoretically we can just knock those missions out first thing tomorrow, and assuming repairs go smoothly we'll zap outta here right quick

mccollins 07-10-2008 01:41 PM

I'm fully caught up (and now have a meeting!)! Here is one linger question that I had, but I don't know how important it really is:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1775298)
(waiting for the wife to get ready...)

If you look at the number of non-exhausted people though, we have 9. We had 9 available beds (4 in the sec. HQ and 5 in the sleeping room), the standard answer will be "couldn't find a bed."

BK: How are beds prioritized if people don't PM night actions of sleeping.

KWhit 07-10-2008 01:42 PM

We'll have to figure out our water situation too, and decide how much water we need to bring. We may or may not need to go search for some.

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1775405)
I'm fully caught up (and now have a meeting!)! Here is one linger question that I had, but I don't know how important it really is:

BK: How are beds prioritized if people don't PM night actions of sleeping.

Randomly

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775407)
We'll have to figure out our water situation too, and decide how much water we need to bring. We may or may not need to go search for some.

We probably won't use up what we have before we leave -- we still have three days left. We'll have enough to keep the hold full of whatever space we don't use for crys, I suspect.

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775407)

Once in space the engines can't be damaged the rules say, I'm not sure off the top of my head if other places can or can't be.. but I'm guessing the water tank is next on the repair list for tommorrow if nothing gets blown up tonight.

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 01:44 PM

The last group comes back with 16 more units of Crystillium.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 01:46 PM

Yes, it is confirmed that it takes 1 crys to repair a phaser. LSG and I still have to research the technique, and then I assume there is always the chance of failure when doing it.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 01:46 PM

Gah, seriously, 74?

Well, that settles that, we'll need a mission tomorrow. Which at leaves saves us a convo on if we need it.

Telle 07-10-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1775417)
The last group comes back with 16 more units of Crystillium.

Well not as stellar as my exploring missions, but still better than hoops did.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 01:46 PM

So we have 74 now?! Boo earns!

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:47 PM

Well, now it's up to path to do whatever it is he's going to do. The sooner the better. Leaning very, very strongly towards voting for Telle right now.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775424)
Well, now it's up to path to do whatever it is he's going to do. The sooner the better. Leaning very, very strongly towards voting for Telle right now.

Why Telle over hoops?

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775424)

If I was Path, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Hoops right now for scanning purposes.

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:50 PM

One other thing to keep in mind, that exploration missions have a diminishing effects as you go on.. so Saldana's mission had the most benefit from yesterday's successful exploration mission. Hoopsguy had the second most benefit and Telle had the least benefit if any from it.

KWhit 07-10-2008 01:50 PM

So we repair the engines, send out 1 away team to get crys and then get the hell off this rock.

KWhit 07-10-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775428)
One other thing to keep in mind, that exploration missions have a diminishing effects as you go on.. so Saldana's mission had the most benefit from yesterday's successful exploration mission. Hoopsguy had the second most benefit and Telle had the least benefit if any from it.

Yes. And one must factor in the scientists' performance as well.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775426)
Why Telle over hoops?

Probability, and hoops explanation for last night makes far, far more sense to me than Telle's given the roles we know about and what we got in the Day 3 post. I understand the idea for voting for hoops -- he struck me very poorly yesterday, too. However, Telle has been outside more, her explanation for last night sounds really bogus, and if we lynch her and she's good I feel like it gives us a lot more options.

It'd make life a lot easier for today if we scanned hoops...but darnit, there's like a 1 in 5 chance he just eats our seer, and if Schmidty was the duplicant then we won't have another seer we can trust again, likely. Ultimately, the risk is up to path to take or not take.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 01:53 PM

We should have more than 75 anyway to recharge phasers, right?

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775429)
So we repair the engines, send out 1 away team to get crys and then get the hell off this rock.

I like the sound of that, heh.

mccollins 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775403)
Regarding the extra Crys, we take off immediately right? So theoretically we can just knock those missions out first thing tomorrow, and assuming repairs go smoothly we'll zap outta here right quick

That's how I understand it. Then we can fix the water plant and beds while in space.

Some quick math - we currently have 64 units of water and will have 41 units left tomorrow morning (if there's not a lynch). 125-41 = 84 max units of cargo space for crys tomorrow morning. (Unless we end up throwing away some water today to store mined crys - we currently have room for only 61 units of crys since we have 64 units of water.)

Alan T 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

I am going to ask all security personal to guard the important rooms tonight (Engine, Cargo Hold, Security HQ).. I know most are exhausted .. but tonight will be the night for the spawn, they'll likely do anything they can to prevent us from taking off tommorrow.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775426)
Why Telle over hoops?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1775441)
That's how I understand it. Then we can fix the water plant and beds while in space.

Some quick math - we currently have 64 units of water and will have 41 units left tomorrow morning (if there's not a lynch). 125-41 = 84 max units of cargo space for crys tomorrow morning. (Unless we end up throwing away some water today to store mined crys - we currently have room for only 61 units of crys since we have 64 units of water.)

We all keep making nice, optimistic assumptions that no one is ever going to die at night :P

Tyrith 07-10-2008 01:57 PM

Dola, the first quote in that post was a screwup.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775443)
We all keep making nice, optimistic assumptions that no one is ever going to die at night :P

Haha...yeah, like Alan said, I would imagine tonight would be the night for all hell to break loose.

KWhit 07-10-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775443)

Nah. They're just converting us while we're on the planet.

Once we lift-off, then we'll start dying.

:)

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1775402)
Umm.. hoops took LSG. I'm taking PackerFanatic.

I read that as hoops took LSD ... that would explain a lot ;)

Telle 07-10-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775433)
Probability, and hoops explanation for last night makes far, far more sense to me than Telle's given the roles we know about and what we got in the Day 3 post. I understand the idea for voting for hoops -- he struck me very poorly yesterday, too. However, Telle has been outside more, her explanation for last night sounds really bogus, and if we lynch her and she's good I feel like it gives us a lot more options.

It'd make life a lot easier for today if we scanned hoops...but darnit, there's like a 1 in 5 chance he just eats our seer, and if Schmidty was the duplicant then we won't have another seer we can trust again, likely. Ultimately, the risk is up to path to take or not take.

But how does hoops' explanation for last night make any sense either? If I was a spawn, why would I be "concentrating" and "looking for something"? How does that even fit with anything?

mccollins 07-10-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1775422)
So we have 74 now?! Boo earns!

I think that means we just threw away 13 units of water?

BK can you confirm how many units of water we threw away?

Tyrith 07-10-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1775448)
But how does hoops' explanation for last night make any sense either? If I was a spawn, why would I be "concentrating" and "looking for something"? How does that even fit with anything?

It doesn't. But ultimately, that's the point -- we have significantly more reasons to be suspicious of what we don't know than what we do know, because things we do know are predictable and generally don't try to eat us.

And...ultimately, like I said last night, my default plan was to vote for you today anyway. Probability. It sucks to be a red shirt, sorry.

Telle 07-10-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775451)
It doesn't. But ultimately, that's the point -- we have significantly more reasons to be suspicious of what we don't know than what we do know, because things we do know are predictable and generally don't try to eat us.

*blinks* What? So what do we know that makes you trust hoops more than you trust me?

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 02:02 PM

I think hoops coming out with his statement can be just as false as Telle's explaination. I mean if you're asked to defend something, you give your explaination it's not all that far-fetched to for the Spawn then to just make up where your explaination is false. Especially given that the Spawn is facing A) A scan and B) Tons of Lynch pressure anyhow.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 02:03 PM

Yeah, I'm not seeing how this is any more of a case of He Said/She Said. To say Hoops' version of the truth is necessarily any more honest than Telle's is a fallacy. Either of them could be bad.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 02:03 PM

Let me put it this way -- give me a reason other than hunches or general impression that hoops would be a better lynch candidate?

mccollins 07-10-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1775448)

Telle, do you have anything in any PMs that coordinates with Hoops' allegation that you were 'concentrating' or 'looking for something'? Any idea to what that might refer?

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 02:04 PM

Let me just say, I feel bad for the people that can't be online and checking this almost all the time during the day. I went to lunch for an hour and had two pages to read, I can't imagine having to read 6,7,8 at a time, all the time.

And also, for the record, this game is pretty sweet :)

Alan T 07-10-2008 02:07 PM

Kwhit, Are you planning to stay up tonight and come up with a mining plan using your night AP? I would prefer if possible to try to have someone available to do an away team first thing in the morning if we don't encounter any issues over night

mccollins 07-10-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775458)
Let me put it this way -- give me a reason other than hunches or general impression that hoops would be a better lynch candidate?

Let's say with hoops' math they are equally likely to have been spawn from the start. Telle has been on 3 away missions vs. hoops 1 away mission. That's bad for Telle's case because she has more exposure. Hoops only brought back 9 crys (though that could be the scientist's fault) and many people did not like his arguments yesterday (see KWhit's "4 things"). That's bad for Hoops' case.

I still think they're equally likely to be a spawn and it's equally likely that neither are a spawn. (So, I guess my 'gut math' says 50% none and 25% each for either of the two of them to be spawn.)