Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775651)
The only thing is I don't necessarily see that Hoops being good = Telle is bad.

I agree. However, if I take it as fact that hoops is good...then I trust his skills enough to follow his vote when it concurs enough with my own thoughts. And this Chubby/MV is a real mess that I think lynching Telle could shed some light on. Telle good improves the chances of Chubby being good, IMO.

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775652)
And that #2 means we're ultimately screwed, as it wouldn't surprise me if we're barking up a path and hoops are bad together tree and we're going to spend the next two days lynching sheep and digging a hole through the hull. I think we pretty much have to assume that path is good for now, or we're in deep crap. Our best case scenario for getting out of that is having MV scan him and that seems highly likely to get them both killed, one way or another. Although that's not terrible in the case of MV killing path.

I had a sarcastic remark typed out here, but decided since you got upset at me earlier I wouldn't type if out after all. :) <---- Good fun smily here!

path12 07-10-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775652)
And that #2 means we're ultimately screwed, as it wouldn't surprise me if we're barking up a path and hoops are bad together tree and we're going to spend the next two days lynching sheep and digging a hole through the hull. I think we pretty much have to assume that path is good for now, or we're in deep crap. Our best case scenario for getting out of that is having MV scan him and that seems highly likely to get them both killed, one way or another. Although that's not terrible in the case of MV killing path.

I'll say one thing here. If the seer starts out bad, this game was unbalanced from the start.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 03:21 PM

I think Chubby should empath a path statement. I think that's enough manpower to at least temporarily feed that potential deal-breaker of a scenario. If Chubby isn't the empath, nothing wasted. If he is, then we learn about path and Chubby still has 1 more empath usage.

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775655)
I agree. However, if I take it as fact that hoops is good...then I trust his skills enough to follow his vote when it concurs enough with my own thoughts. And this Chubby/MV is a real mess that I think lynching Telle could shed some light on. Telle good improves the chances of Chubby being good, IMO.

How does Telle and Chubby interconnect here?

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1775556)
Why the sudden votes for MV?

I'd like to know that also ? ...

(only thing I can think of is that its traditional for my character to snuff it early on ... ;) )

RendeR 07-10-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1775560)
BTW, and I have to say this in order to stop myself from getting angry, the smiley face there comes off as mocking and not diffusing.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything here Tyr, but your posts today, recently at least have been VERY off color and make you look very suspicious. You're chomping at the bit over sometihng instead of working with the majority of the crew (including the cleared folks) and its getting kind of tiring.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1775657)
I'll say one thing here. If the seer starts out bad, this game was unbalanced from the start.

Agreed. But I think it's enough of a worry in the back of people's minds that if we can assuage it here by using an empath usage instead of a doctor scan, we should.

RendeR 07-10-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775659)

yeah I'm wondering that too.

Did I miss a scan result on hoops somewhere?

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775659)

I'd like to know the same thing.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 1775657)

I have to agree, and I think that line of thinking just gets us nowhere.

My thought is that if Chubby is making a wolf play it's ultimately a confusion play. Get MV lynched, costing us another assassin essentially, make us spend our time killing him in a one for one then figure out who he was protecting. Probably not a play I would make as a wolf if Telle is the person he's protecting; it'd probably make a lot more sense to just let her go down. However, it's possible there's some line of thought of the first three lynches being MV (good) -> Chubby (bad) -> Telle (good) which is a for sure 2 for 1 and leaves us wondering where the heck we are at the end of it. Confusion is definitely an asset for the wolves.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775564)
Somethings struck me as odd about Marc Vaughn since the start. He's been super quiet and was begging to be scanned or empathed. Now he comes out as the empath?

Err I warned people that I do have work to do - also because I'm a relative newbie I tend to be quieter here than in other aspects of forum life.

Quote:

Nice try Marc but you spawn must be hurting if you are fake revealing this early. I suspect MV is the unaware spawn but I am 100% certain that he is not the empath. Therefore he gets my vote and should get everyone else's vote.
I have no heat on me, I have zero reason to start shit unless I was 100% sure which I am.

Ok I'm 100% certain I am the empath and have a PM which tells me that ...

The fact you're trying to get me killed tells me either you're a spawn or deluded, you're too intelligent to make this sort of mistake so you've seen a chance to knock off someone who can detect spawn.

Only way to check this obviously is to scan me ....

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1773190)
Hey I up that and say I have a slight suspiscion of everyone being a spawn ... possibly including myself (I might have a split personality and not be telling myself everything ;) ) ...

However I will state for the case that I am NOT a spawn (that way which ever of you is an empath can verify me) ...

(thought this might be a useful thing to kick off if we're going to be able to form a circle of truth then he's the most likely person to be able to start it going)

Feel free to explain this statement as anything other than fishing to see if you could out the empath?

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 03:27 PM

My hunch is that there is more than one empath.

RendeR 07-10-2008 03:27 PM

Which came out first? Scan that person and lynch the other.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775668)
Err I warned people that I do have work to do - also because I'm a relative newbie I tend to be quieter here than in other aspects of forum life.

Ok I'm 100% certain I am the empath and have a PM which tells me that ...

The fact you're trying to get me killed tells me either you're a spawn or deluded, you're too intelligent to make this sort of mistake so you've seen a chance to knock off someone who can detect spawn.

Only way to check this obviously is to scan me ....

A) tell me you aren't the unaware spawn
B) I don't want you scanned to kill our doc especially if you won't do a)

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:28 PM

As a suggestion ..

Scan me.
When I come back clean (I will)
I can then use my empathy to check out whether Chubby really was 100% certain I wasn't the empath, he won't be because I am (hence he must be either guessing or spawn and not caring either way).

That way I'm shown as safe and we clear up a spawn (which I reckon Chubby must be).

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 03:28 PM

BK Question - is the 'Resistant' status made public?

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:28 PM

We don't have any scans until tomorrow anyway, because MV isn't going to scan himself.

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1775671)
Which came out first? Scan that person and lynch the other.

Marc came out first..

Or if Pass is right, chubby should be able to do an empath scan on Marc's statement and see if it comes true to rule it out.. if they are both empaths then he will learn that there.. if not then we'll have to decide which is lying.

jeheinz72 07-10-2008 03:29 PM

My only problem with just dismissing this as 2 empaths is that they have different empath frequencies.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:29 PM

MV should scan me and prove I'm not spawn.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775669)
Feel free to explain this statement as anything other than fishing to see if you could out the empath?

Simply put I knew that I'd be a target as soon as I told people I was an empath - hence initially I wanted to see if I could get some info before you started trying to kill me off.

Unfortunately we seemed somewhat paralysed for actions - hence I outed myself a little later on to try and start a 'circle of trust' starting with Alan (as he's now verified by two people).

Telle 07-10-2008 03:30 PM

I'm heading out.. hope to be back around 8:30 or so.

KWhit 07-10-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeheinz72 (Post 1775663)
Agreed. But I think it's enough of a worry in the back of people's minds that if we can assuage it here by using an empath usage instead of a doctor scan, we should.

But Chubby empathing a Path statement doesn't really do us any good if we're doubting Chubby.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775677)
Marc came out first..

Or if Pass is right, chubby should be able to do an empath scan on Marc's statement and see if it comes true to rule it out.. if they are both empaths then he will learn that there.. if not then we'll have to decide which is lying.

Is anyone going to actually believe me as it's all via PM?

KWhit 07-10-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775679)

How would he do that if HE's a spwn like you suggest?

????

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775680)
Simply put I knew that I'd be a target as soon as I told people I was an empath - hence initially I wanted to see if I could get some info before you started trying to kill me off.

Unfortunately we seemed somewhat paralysed for actions - hence I outed myself a little later on to try and start a 'circle of trust' starting with Alan (as he's now verified by two people).

Tell me you aren't a spawn including not being an unaware spawn.

mccollins 07-10-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775579)
Do I need to spell it out for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775580)
It is impossible for MV to be the empath.

And we're sure there's just one empath?

(Note: wow - page 45 was completed in less than 30 minutes. I haven't ready any of it so I apologize if this has already been discussed.)

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775683)
Is anyone going to actually believe me as it's all via PM?

The point would be if you both are empaths as Pass suggested, you would believe yourself and tell us..

If you got back a response that he wasnt the empath, or you fake it (depending on whom is lying), then we have to decide which is lying.. This would rule out the possible double empath thing though

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775684)
How would he do that if HE's a spwn like you suggest?

????

Wouldn't we both walk out of the room with him a spawn and me a survivor? Only the doc gets killed if the person he is scanning is spawn, correct?

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775679)

Thats an interesting quandry actually ...

If you are spawn and I am then I'd say you're not and you'd back down.
If you aren't spawn and I say you're not then it doesn't prove anything to you.
If you are spawn and I say you are then you call me a liar and we've wasted a my powers for today because its down to my word against yours.

(hence my suggestion that I'm checked out - then we check you out)

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775688)
The point would be if you both are empaths as Pass suggested, you would believe yourself and tell us..

If you got back a response that he wasnt the empath, or you fake it (depending on whom is lying), then we have to decide which is lying.. This would rule out the possible double empath thing though

If I get back a "not an empath" PM then we are in the same position we are right now, except minus 1 empath check. Still would be my word vs his but I would only be able to check 1 statement vs the 2 I have now.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775685)
Tell me you aren't a spawn including not being an unaware spawn.

I thought the idea of an unaware spawn was that they errr weren't aware of it?

I to the best of my knowledge am not a spawn or infected.

Care to make the same statement?

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775690)
Thats an interesting quandry actually ...

If you are spawn and I am then I'd say you're not and you'd back down.
If you aren't spawn and I say you're not then it doesn't prove anything to you.
If you are spawn and I say you are then you call me a liar and we've wasted a my powers for today because its down to my word against yours.

(hence my suggestion that I'm checked out - then we check you out)

you have no say, if we both die then I was spawn. If we both live, I am not spawn. You have no way of lying.

KWhit 07-10-2008 03:35 PM

This is just sounding more and more like villager vs. villager to me.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775692)
If I get back a "not an empath" PM then we are in the same position we are right now, except minus 1 empath check. Still would be my word vs his but I would only be able to check 1 statement vs the 2 I have now.

Well....more or less, you are right. My hope would be that if you are a villager that you would do it, and if he comes back as an empath pull up. But that's only somewhat likely, and we're not going to trust any other result. Although it might provide useful information about one of you is dead.

KWhit 07-10-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775696)
you have no say, if we both die then I was spawn. If we both live, I am not spawn. You have no way of lying.

Sure he does. If he's spawn he can fake the scan, then you both walk out of the room.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775695)
I thought the idea of an unaware spawn was that they errr weren't aware of it?

I to the best of my knowledge am not a spawn or infected.

Care to make the same statement?

Playing the "I don't know the rules card again?" come on now.

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.

hence you begging to be scanned so you can be "cleared" from day 1.

I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 03:37 PM

Just empath each other, people. This shouldn't be that hard.

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775692)

I guess the deal though is if you or he get lynched and end up a villager, everyone will come after you next.. so don't YOU want to be absolute sure before barking up this tree?

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775699)
Sure he does. If he's spawn he can fake the scan, then you both walk out of the room.

Chubby would still not be a spawn, though. And all that'd do would be to put more pressure on MV. I can see his point.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775699)

Which would clear me. So you're saying we are both spawn and both want to be scanned?

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1775697)
This is just sounding more and more like villager vs. villager to me.

Word. But didn't you say that MV said something about using his empath ability once per day? I can't find where MV said that anywhere.

Alan T 07-10-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775702)
Just empath each other, people. This shouldn't be that hard.

I don't think either of them have AP to do it today, everything we are talking about will be done tommorrow.. unless everyone want to take a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly with a lynch today only to find out we accidentally killed off 1 empath and 1 empath/doctor

RendeR 07-10-2008 03:39 PM

we're going to hit the 16 pages per game day of posts soon, thats gotta be some sort of record....

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775703)
I guess the deal though is if you or he get lynched and end up a villager, everyone will come after you next.. so don't YOU want to be absolute sure before barking up this tree?

If he comes up villager then lynch me next, I know that's how it works. If we have 2 empaths (after he was fishing to get the empath to check his statement earlier) then I deserve to die.

I do not want to waste an empath check on something i know to be so.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775706)
Word. But didn't you say that MV said something about using his empath ability once per day? I can't find where MV said that anywhere.

He said it really early in the day today. Sometime before 11 am CST for sure.

Chubby 07-10-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775708)
I don't think either of them have AP to do it today, everything we are talking about will be done tommorrow.. unless everyone want to take a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly with a lynch today only to find out we accidentally killed off 1 empath and 1 empath/doctor

empath does not require AP according to the rules.

Tyrith 07-10-2008 03:41 PM

Alright, I might as well declare my allegiance for today once and for all. I'm staying out of the Chubby/MV mess. I'm sticking with hoops for now, sticking with what I was going to do before his information came out, and we'll see where this takes us.

VOTE TELLE