Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775919)
Here is MV's result of the scan of something Chubby said.

MV could not understand whether the following statement was true or not
"I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn."

If one of these statements were true, for example "I am not the unaware spawn, wouldn't it make the answer to the question "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not " make sense if the answer to another part of the question, for example "I am not a spawn" was false. Honestly, this makes sense a lot of sense to me, that one or more of the things Chubby said here was true and one or more false.

Of course this is assuming MV is not a spawn.

I used that phrase because I believed (possibly incorrectly) that if there was a definite lie in the sentence then it'd flag as 'false' rather than unknown ... but I probably wouldn't know whether it was all false or not.

Thats how programming works anyway (ie. if( angry && a_pillock ) returns a fail if any of them aren't true).

(upon reflection possibly not the brightest presumption but old habits die hard)

Chubby 07-10-2008 05:54 PM

I like how you claim you got "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not" yet the rules clearly state that isn't an option for an answer.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775950)
I like how you claim you got "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not" yet the rules clearly state that isn't an option for an answer.

Yes it does - 'Unknown' ... any reason you're still badgering me? ... thought you'd have got the cleared PM back by now ... or don't you have the empath ability?

Danny 07-10-2008 05:56 PM

Chubby's right that there are only three options. Something else interesting though, a person has a 50% chance to keep the empath power when converted to spawn.

Danny 07-10-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775948)
I used that phrase because I believed (possibly incorrectly) that if there was a definite lie in the sentence then it'd flag as 'false' rather than unknown ... but I probably wouldn't know whether it was all false or not.

Thats how programming works anyway (ie. if( angry && a_pillock ) returns a fail if any of them aren't true).

(upon reflection possibly not the brightest presumption but old habits die hard)

This makes sense too actually. Eh, I still don't know about both of you so I will probably not vote for either of you.

oliegirl 07-10-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775946)
It's so many pages to look through, as a guess Telle has about five, Mark Vaughn about 3 and I'm not sure about any others.

Yeah - between work and trying to stay caught up with posts, I can't go back through and get an accurate post count...thanks though.

The whole MV/Chubby thing seems odd, but I don't know who to trust. Given that MV has offered to sacrifice himself, and I don't think the suspicion on Telle is enough to lynch her yet...

VOTE MARC VAUGHAN

Danny 07-10-2008 06:01 PM

And with this post we now have more then the draft thread with no one dead

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775958)
And with this post we now have more then the draft thread with no one dead

Having not played the other Spawn games, is this common to not have any deaths at this point? I guess I've been taking it for granted that we haven't lost anybody.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:08 PM

Vote Marc Vaughan

(mainly because I think it'll show Chubby to be guilty as heck if I go and I don't think there's enough evidence on Telle to convict her ...)

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:10 PM

Chubby any word on your 'scan' yet?

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:11 PM

Methinks Chubby realises he's cornered - if he says I'm guilty then he'll be shown to have lied very quickly once I'm lynched ... if he says I'm not guilty than personally I'm not convinced he's an empath still (and yes I realise that means I'm 'not' cleared in that case - but its how I feel).

saldana 07-10-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775513)
Huh.. interesting.. so 79 total now? I like that news, but unless we know how that happened I'm not sure we can't trust it that it might be bad or fake crystilium... Anyone with ideas of how the extra 5 got in there?

miracle worker

Danny 07-10-2008 06:14 PM

Don't self vote, ugg

The Jackal 07-10-2008 06:15 PM

10 pages to catch up on, jeez. I'm about to head to my poker game so I'm going to skim and pick someone to heal, then deal with catching up on the meat of the posts later tonight.

Chubby 07-10-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775962)
Chubby any word on your 'scan' yet?

not yet

Chubby 07-10-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1775964)
Methinks Chubby realises he's cornered - if he says I'm guilty then he'll be shown to have lied very quickly once I'm lynched ... if he says I'm not guilty than personally I'm not convinced he's an empath still (and yes I realise that means I'm 'not' cleared in that case - but its how I feel).

not really cornered at all. I simply haven't heard back from barkeep. Kinda funny how you want to read into it tho

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 06:17 PM

barkeep isnt here

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1775972)
not really cornered at all. I simply haven't heard back from barkeep. Kinda funny how you want to read into it tho

Says the person who's been consistently telling the world I should be burned at the stake? ... how exactly am I meant to take that when I know I'm innocent?

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 06:19 PM

VOTE NO LYNCH

I will be around to possibly change this, but I can't see any cut and dry reasons to lynch anyone right now.

The Jackal 07-10-2008 06:22 PM

Now I have a slight dilemma. Path, chubby, and MV are wounded - path should presumably heal on his own tonight, and the other two are under heat. Hmm.

The Jackal 07-10-2008 06:22 PM

crap, gotta run, bbl.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:25 PM

wow....another 15 pages to sift through...

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1775982)
wow....another 15 pages to sift through...

Today was a crazy day.

Danny 07-10-2008 06:27 PM

We are currently the 13th longest thread in Werewolf history here.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1775886)
Pass, I've reconsidered.. I think going with Path, kwhit, Render and myself in the brig seems like hte best move if you agree

Fair warning, Alan. I submitted an order to to put you, hoops, path, and KWhit in there. Day 1 has taught me that you can override what I've done (though I don't really see where in the rules it says you can do that), so I figured I'd let you know. My reasoning is to keep one COT intact, in case the RendeR/Schmidty COT falls through somehow.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:29 PM

VOTE NO LYNCH

I'm out, possibly until after deadline.

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 06:30 PM

I really dont know how to vote here. Marc Vaughn lying about being an empath? Everybody following hoops blindly to hang Telle?

I think I am giong to wait till BK comes back with Chubby's statement to vote

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 06:31 PM

Olie announces that she, Mrs. Schmidty, and Schmidty get phasers tonight.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1775992)
I really dont know how to vote here. Marc Vaughn lying about being an empath? Everybody following hoops blindly to hang Telle?

I think I am giong to wait till BK comes back with Chubby's statement to vote

Who's following him blindly?

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 06:34 PM

The nice thing is that my allows me to basically sit on the net all day and still be considered good at my job. The bad thing is that I do actually have to, you know, work from time to time. Sorry for my absence from the thread.

Passacaglia 07-10-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1775999)
The nice thing is that my allows me to basically sit on the net all day and still be considered good at my job. The bad thing is that I do actually have to, you know, work from time to time. Sorry for my absence from the thread.

Sorry, the correct answer is to say, "holy shit, x pages since I checked the thread last!?!" Nice try.

path12 07-10-2008 06:36 PM

I'm holding off from voting for a bit, but as of now Telle is my vote. I think it's actually the best case that's been made yet -- hoops is good, he followed her checking in different places, and she's been outside twice thus far.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1775146)
Check your PMs. Not everyone has the skipping ability and I don't want to divulge that info publicly.

LOLOL

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1776001)
Sorry, the correct answer is to say, "holy shit, x pages since I checked the thread last!?!" Nice try.

Clicking refresh at work, it's a bit of a disappointment when there are only *5* new posts from the time I finished the last batch.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1775983)
Today was a crazy day.

Do you mind giving me a summary of what happened? I want to be able to make a decision about a vote before deadline and I know I won't be able to gleam as much info as I would like by speed reading! :)

Still catching up though too, I'm on page 39 right now I think!

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 06:40 PM

Pass is undetered by today's action. He informs Alan, hoops, KWhit, and path that rather than sleep with the crew they will sleep in the brig.

Jackal also spends some time playing with healing himself.

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775995)
Who's following him blindly?

There are a few people who are voting for Telle when I dont see the argument.

If she turns up bad I will apologize profusely to hoops, but right now i just dont see how people can vote for her without more to go on.

Chubby 07-10-2008 06:41 PM

MV and I both need to be scanned.

It came back true which doesn't clear MV but it does appear that we have two empaths.

Unvote Marc Vaughan
Vote Telle

if for no other reason than everyone else seems to be on to her.

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 06:41 PM

BK... we could use a vote count down here when you get a chance

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1775923)
Engineers:

Overnight, I would like to see Tyrith, myself, and JEHeinz work on the engines. This gives us one extra manpower hour than needed which I think is a good idea.

I would like to see Danny pair up with Claphamsa on the water supply.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I said my thoughts on this before, but I think all of you should do the engines.. better overdo it than not get it done. your plan risks Spawns pulling out alot of stops such as killing one of the engine crew while another one being a spawn faking their work...

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Ok Chubby I presume its a fair bet you've got that PM now? ...
(seeing as boss man has posted in the thread since you submitted)

Scratch that - seen your post so you got the PM back (or are pretending you did ... one or tother).

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:45 PM

Now I've been cleared I'll unvote myself

unvote Marc Vaughan
vote No Vote

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 06:45 PM

oooooooooooh marc edited.... I am telling

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1775988)
Fair warning, Alan. I submitted an order to to put you, hoops, path, and KWhit in there. Day 1 has taught me that you can override what I've done (though I don't really see where in the rules it says you can do that), so I figured I'd let you know. My reasoning is to keep one COT intact, in case the RendeR/Schmidty COT falls through somehow.

You probably missed where we talked about this before, but Hoops as a security person needs to be out and about at night

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 06:48 PM

Do we think there are two empaths now?

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 06:49 PM

I will tally up votes now.

saldana 07-10-2008 06:50 PM

holy shit people...i didnt get a chance to check the thread since i left for work this morning, other than the 2 minutes i was in this afternoon (thanks for helping alan and kwhit)...we really need to kill someone just to reduce the number of freaking posts!!!

i wish i had been around during the whole "there cant be more than one person with the same role" argument...iirc, there were multiple people with the same role in each of the previous games...we just wasted two empath scans for no reason, IMO

should i guard the slave pens again tonight even though sec. hq is online?

Alan T 07-10-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldana (Post 1776021)
holy shit people...i didnt get a chance to check the thread since i left for work this morning, other than the 2 minutes i was in this afternoon (thanks for helping alan and kwhit)...we really need to kill someone just to reduce the number of freaking posts!!!

i wish i had been around during the whole "there cant be more than one person with the same role" argument...iirc, there were multiple people with the same role in each of the previous games...we just wasted two empath scans for no reason, IMO

should i guard the slave pens again tonight even though sec. hq is online?

Up to you. We're short on beds and such so even if you don't guard them there is a chance you won't get a bed anyways.

Marc Vaughan 07-10-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1776018)
Do we think there are two empaths now?

Well I have indicated I am and Chubby has verified that.

So we've either got two empaths or two people pretending to be empaths or one empath ... take your pick ;)

(I 'know' I'm one but have my doubts about Chubby - he seemed a bit too insistent on lynching me and was apparently 100% certain I couldn't be an empath - what was that based on by the way Chubby?)

Chubby 07-10-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan (Post 1776025)
Well I have indicated I am and Chubby has verified that.

So we've either got two empaths or two people pretending to be empaths or one empath ... take your pick ;)

(I 'know' I'm one but have my doubts about Chubby - he seemed a bit too insistent on lynching me and was apparently 100% certain I couldn't be an empath - what was that based on by the way Chubby?)

I just find it difficult to believe that BK would have 2 empaths plus a scanner PLUS other people be able to be made scanners.