Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   LXXVII Spawn III: Game Over (See Post 4507) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66244)

Danny 07-10-2008 06:56 PM

I think you both are empaths personally. I don't think he would have backed off if he had been faking.

LoneStarGirl 07-10-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1776028)
I just find it difficult to believe that BK would have 2 empaths plus a scanner PLUS other people be able to be made scanners.

That was exactly my line of thinking... so unless the spawns have some abilities to counter all of that, us villagers have a pretty nice head start

Danny 07-10-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1776034)
That was exactly my line of thinking... so unless the spawns have some abilities to counter all of that, us villagers have a pretty nice head start

Except that two of the scans were just wasted, Marc used his first one on Alan and now there is only one left.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:02 PM

Telle (6) - hoopsguy (2013), Tyrith (2290), JeHeinz72 (2343), PurdueBrad (2406), Danny (2407), Chubby (2478)
Marc Vaughn (2) - bulletsponge (2150), oliegirl (2446)

No Lynch (5) - Alan T (2106), KWhit (2351), PackerFanatic (2459), Passacaglia (2466), Marc Vaughn (2482)

No votes: Render
Telle
mccollins
path 12
The Jackal
Schmidty
Saldana
Mrs. Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
Claphamsa

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 07:05 PM

Alan, we've got it set-up where four of us will be fixing the engines, giving us five manpower hours for three hours work and Claph working elsewhere. Are we able to fix the engine overnight, run one quick mining mission to pad our crys some and take off early or do we have to wait until the end of a cycle?

Chubby 07-10-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1776035)
Except that two of the scans were just wasted, Marc used his first one on Alan and now there is only one left.

I would rather use scans than kill a villager which is why I didn't fake my scan. I thought about it to be honest but in the end, I'd rather not off a villager.

That said MV isn't cleared 100%, it just shows we're both empaths. I just think we need to have a lynch and if it's telle then so be it.

Danny 07-10-2008 07:08 PM

I think he's telling the truth based on your scan. A spawn will not start with that ability and I don't think the spawn would convert him, seems like many better candidates.

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1776010)
MV and I both need to be scanned.

It came back true which doesn't clear MV but it does appear that we have two empaths.

Unvote Marc Vaughan
Vote Telle

if for no other reason than everyone else seems to be on to her.

wtf!! now that ive trusted you ill never do that again!! back to my plan to seek revenge against you

Unvote MVaughn

Vote Chubby

path12 07-10-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl (Post 1776034)

Based on the past games and the abilities stated in the rules, I'd say the Spawn have plenty of tricks up their sleeves. I fully expect to see some of them tonight.

Trust me, we're going to need all the help we can get.

Danny 07-10-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1776049)
wtf!! now that ive trusted you ill never do that again!! back to my plan to seek revenge against you

Unvote MVaughn

Vote Chubby

Huh, nobody made you vote with him before hearing the story. I'm really starting to think you could be a spawn.

Alan T 07-10-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1776042)
Alan, we've got it set-up where four of us will be fixing the engines, giving us five manpower hours for three hours work and Claph working elsewhere. Are we able to fix the engine overnight, run one quick mining mission to pad our crys some and take off early or do we have to wait until the end of a cycle?

As long as we can meet the requirements, the lift off order is immediate

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1776053)
Huh, nobody made you vote with him before hearing the story. I'm really starting to think you could be a spawn.

pbbt, thats ridiculous

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 07:16 PM

"Pass, my dear chap. I just can't get behind your brig order again," Alan starts to pontificate. We are going to have Render in there instead of hoops in the brig tonight."

Danny 07-10-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1776059)
pbbt, thats ridiculous

Why did you jump on the Marc Vaughn vote without knowing why Chubby voted? And now why are you voting Chubby? Revenge makes no sense, he didn't specifically call for you to follow him, you chose yourself to make that quick vote.

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1776055)
As long as we can meet the requirements, the lift off order is immediate

shouldnt we wait until we get a few extra crystals? dont we need them to make ammo for the guns and as a precaution if something goes wrong on the trip? certainly 1 more slave run in the morning couldnt hurt

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 1775577)
Weird, I cut/paste stuff out of the rules thread but don't think I did anything else differently.

So, I guess inadvertant?

My PM from BK this morning was messed up color wise also - maybe it's something that was happening with the thread.

Chubby 07-10-2008 07:21 PM

bullet is def towards the top of my not trusted list

Danny 07-10-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1776067)
My PM from BK this morning was messed up color wise also - maybe it's something that was happening with the thread.

Mine was kind of too, the color tag was unclosed, so where it was supposed to be bold it showed up normal.

KWhit 07-10-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1775919)
Here is MV's result of the scan of something Chubby said.

MV could not understand whether the following statement was true or not
"I am not a spawn, I have never been a spawn, I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn."

If one of these statements were true, for example "I am not the unaware spawn, wouldn't it make the answer to the question "I can't determine whether the statement is true or not " make sense if the answer to another part of the question, for example "I am not a spawn" was false. Honestly, this makes sense a lot of sense to me, that one or more of the things Chubby said here was true and one or more false.

Of course this is assuming MV is not a spawn.

I was thinking that the statement came back as unknown because of the "I do not have a spawnling in me, I am not the unaware spawn." part - because it might be imposible for the person to know that one way or the other.

Danny 07-10-2008 07:23 PM

Hmmm, good point.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 07:23 PM

Alan, I don't know how much you care about my thoughts on this but I do have an opinion.

Off the slaves immediately or over-night and when we run tomorrow's last mining mission send no slaves and maybe just three humans. That should get us some extra crys although not a ton (it's a trade-off). I really don't like keeping the slaves around (I know this has been a theme with me).

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1776062)
Why did you jump on the Marc Vaughn vote without knowing why Chubby voted? And now why are you voting Chubby? Revenge makes no sense, he didn't specifically call for you to follow him, you chose yourself to make that quick vote.

i had a hunch chubby had a real good reason for the vote, and i wanted to vote for someone. and my vote for Chubby has more to do with what went on between us in previous ww games, the weasle

Danny 07-10-2008 07:24 PM

Does it hurt to keep them one more night, run a mission with them and off them tomorrow?

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1776068)
bullet is def towards the top of my not trusted list

yes agreed, andbody who went with you on that "waste all the empaths powers" trip sould get thier head examined

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 07:25 PM

I might be wrong but I feel like we're to the point where they are truly expendable and more trouble than they're worth. Again though, I've felt this way most game so I could still be wrong.

Danny 07-10-2008 07:27 PM

Saldana and the slaves got us 31 crystalis today, so that helped :). Sucked on day one though, but I think that was our mistake overlooking the slave pens repair thinking it would be fine.

Chubby 07-10-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1776076)
yes agreed, andbody who went with you on that "waste all the empaths powers" trip sould get thier head examined

You voted right off the getgo before I had posted anything.

KWhit 07-10-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1776073)
Alan, I don't know how much you care about my thoughts on this but I do have an opinion.

Off the slaves immediately or over-night and when we run tomorrow's last mining mission send no slaves and maybe just three humans. That should get us some extra crys although not a ton (it's a trade-off). I really don't like keeping the slaves around (I know this has been a theme with me).

I completely disagree. I say we send Saldana and all slaves (so we don't risk additional exposure).

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 07:29 PM

I know they did well today, but since we have one more mission to run tomorrow, I would rather not keep them around in case the spawn hit us strong and then they run amock. We can send three or four real players that have already been out on the same mission together to do just as well IMO.

PurdueBrad 07-10-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1776082)
I completely disagree. I say we send Saldana and all slaves (so we don't risk additional exposure).

That's an interesting idea. I'm just concerned about the spawn making a last ditch attack before we can take-off. If everyone wants to take the chance, I'll go along.

bulletsponge 07-10-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 1776081)
You voted right off the getgo before I had posted anything.

wow, your sure desperate to get the attention off yourself after todays quest to hang someone else

Danny 07-10-2008 07:31 PM

How does the security work, Alan said something about the security system guarding the slave pen.

KWhit 07-10-2008 07:32 PM

Unvote No Lynch
Vote Telle

I'll go with this for tonight. I think we need a lynch.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Security Headquarters The Security HQ houses the weapons locker, the brig, and the ships’ security system. The security system protects the Slave Pens and Sleeping Quarters and automatically guards those places. If the Security HQ is undamaged neither place may be attacked by the Spawn. Any weapons not in the security locker will stay with whoever had them when the Security HQ became damaged. A successful spawn attack requires 3-7 man cycles of repair time.

Here it is, Danny.

Chubby 07-10-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsponge (Post 1776085)
wow, your sure desperate to get the attention off yourself after todays quest to hang someone else

uhhhh, yeah.

You have my vote tomorrow if I'm not killed tonight. If I thought enough people would make it worthwhile to switch my vote tonight I would but I think the groups mind is pretty much made up.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:35 PM

I'm not ready to jump on the Telle lynch mob just yet and it's too late in the evening to get a run on anyone else (assuming we had evidence to do such) so, yet again, I'm casting my

VOTE NO LYNCH

I had asked for a summary from someone that maybe had been able to be on all day and don't see one yet. I do see that the thread has grown yet another page and a half since I started reading though. :crazy:

The game is entertaining to say the least! I'm hoping that once we are able to launch we'll be able to settle down and focus a bit better on our crew mates. I will say that Bullet's drive by support vote of MV is setting off several alarms for me.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:35 PM

Telle (6) - hoopsguy (2013), Tyrith (2290), JeHeinz72 (2343), PurdueBrad (2406), Danny (2407), Chubby (2478), KWhit (2523)
Marc Vaughn (1) - oliegirl (2446)
Chubby (1) - bulletsponge (2498)

No Lynch - Alan T (2106), PackerFanatic (2459), Passacaglia (2466), Marc Vaughn (2482)

Telle
mccollins
path 12
The Jackal
Schmidty
Saldana
Mrs. Schmidty
LoneStarGirl
Claphamsa

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:36 PM

And of course, Mrs. Schmidty votes while I am posting, haha.

Telle (6) - hoopsguy (2013), Tyrith (2290), JeHeinz72 (2343), PurdueBrad (2406), Danny (2407), Chubby (2478), KWhit (2523)

No Lynch - Alan T (2106), PackerFanatic (2459), Passacaglia (2466), Marc Vaughn (2482), Mrs. Schmidty (2526)

Telle
mccollins
path 12
The Jackal
Schmidty
Saldana
LoneStarGirl
Claphamsa

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:36 PM

dola
There's actually enough folks on that we might be able to get in a solid lynch tonight on someone that is on more than a couple's people radar now I think.

UNVOTE NO LYNCH
VOTE BULLET

Danny 07-10-2008 07:36 PM

Mrs. Schmidty then make a vote there. There's still a lot of no votes and undecided, let's not assume there won't be a run on someone. If Bullet had enough votes to be lynched and Telle did not, I would switch.

Danny 07-10-2008 07:37 PM

lol, you already did :)

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 1776099)
lol, you already did :)

;)

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty (Post 1776093)
I'm not ready to jump on the Telle lynch mob just yet and it's too late in the evening to get a run on anyone else (assuming we had evidence to do such) so, yet again, I'm casting my

VOTE NO LYNCH

I had asked for a summary from someone that maybe had been able to be on all day and don't see one yet. I do see that the thread has grown yet another page and a half since I started reading though. :crazy:

The game is entertaining to say the least! I'm hoping that once we are able to launch we'll be able to settle down and focus a bit better on our crew mates. I will say that Bullet's drive by support vote of MV is setting off several alarms for me.

Sorry, got busy - and really too much happened to explain it in a small summary (or at least help you with a vote, since I assume that is what you wanted) Basically, we had three missions today, all mining. First was really successful, other two weren't as much. We ended up one short of the required crys, but then found 5 more later in the day (assumed to be the miracle worker) Marc Vaughn revealed as empath, and then Chubby said he was full of crap and that was most of the afternoon. Turns out it is likely they are both empaths, but no way to confirm yet. Uh...can't think of anything else right now. Gotta go bath the baby, then I will be back.

PackerFanatic 07-10-2008 07:39 PM

Bulletsponge (1) - Mrs. Schmidty (2529)

No Lynch - Alan T (2106), PackerFanatic (2459), Passacaglia (2466), Marc Vaughn (2482)

Telle
mccollins
path 12
The Jackal
Schmidty
Saldana
LoneStarGirl
Claphamsa

path12 07-10-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1776077)
I might be wrong but I feel like we're to the point where they are truly expendable and more trouble than they're worth. Again though, I've felt this way most game so I could still be wrong.

I'm on your side with this. I'd feel better if they were offed pronto. I'm worried about tonight.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFanatic (Post 1776101)
Sorry, got busy - and really too much happened to explain it in a small summary (or at least help you with a vote, since I assume that is what you wanted) Basically, we had three missions today, all mining. First was really successful, other two weren't as much. We ended up one short of the required crys, but then found 5 more later in the day (assumed to be the miracle worker) Marc Vaughn revealed as empath, and then Chubby said he was full of crap and that was most of the afternoon. Turns out it is likely they are both empaths, but no way to confirm yet. Uh...can't think of anything else right now. Gotta go bath the baby, then I will be back.

Thanks Packer. I actually got through most of the posts by ignoring my family and speed reading :D

I sticking with my vote but need to head to the store and to help with dinner.

I hope to be back before deadline.

Barkeep49 07-10-2008 07:41 PM

PF: I've got the same tally, except that Telle has 7 votes not 6.

Mrs. Schmidty 07-10-2008 07:42 PM

Before I take off, do we want our security staff to post on here where we're guarding so we don't leave anything open, or keep in on the DL?

path12 07-10-2008 07:44 PM

Been working late but will be leaving in a few. Unfortunately, that means I've got the 80 minute local bus from hell back home so I don't know if I'll be back by deadline.

VOTE TELLE

I think we need a lynch today also and as I stated earlier, this is our best case against IMO.

You can tell the cabin fever is setting in though the way the accusations are startin' to fly!!
I'm eager to get off this rock.

Alan T 07-10-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1776073)

I've already talked over several options with BK about how I can handle the slaves. I don't really want to say right yet in thread so the spawn can find out. Trust me though I have a plan to get rid of them, just can't say when or how