Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXIX - The Labyrinth (Game Over - Commoners Win!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66702)

mccollins 08-07-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1804117)
That's good, now I don't have to reveal my contact's name. I don;t think she'd like that

Nice way to narrow it down ;)

Clap, how did RendeR know you're a dragon (I loved playing Magic:The Gathering with the Shivan Dragon)? I thought you were a velociraptor?

DaddyTorgo 08-08-2008 12:06 AM

FYI all - I anticipate another incredibly busy and stressful day at the office tomorrow, but I will try to at least get online in case I run into anyone and can start PMing with them, but I likely won't be very active during the day.

The Jackal 08-08-2008 01:00 AM

here's the deal - everything will happen when I get home tom. I'm sorry for the delay but this game has taken up a large part of my life and I'd rather be cognizant when I post, because I'm loving the reactions I've gotten so far :)

claphamsa 08-08-2008 06:58 AM

mcollins dragon
I am not showing my skiilz
at magic card game

claphamsa 08-08-2008 07:01 AM

I am heading out
I will be online later
when i get to hell

Telle 08-08-2008 08:00 AM

Hmm.. looks like I didn't miss too much last night. Was looking forward to seeing the promised show.

Yay for getting an ancient!

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1803806)
from the PM I
am very convincced we are all
on the side of good

Shoot, clap will probably be gone for a while. I wanted to ask him about this, but maybe Farrah and Abe can get some discussion going about it. This is Post #1010, and it struck me as odd, since Farrah indicated the opposite of this, that there's no reason to assume all the velociraptors are good. You guys have any thoughts?

Telle 08-08-2008 08:56 AM

Since the velociraptors can scan each other when they find each other I say it's not worth looking at them as wolves right now. I'd also say that I'm pretty comfortable with assuming clap and Abe are good based on how they led the charge on Tyrith.

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804300)
Since the velociraptors can scan each other when they find each other I say it's not worth looking at them as wolves right now. I'd also say that I'm pretty comfortable with assuming clap and Abe are good based on how they led the charge on Tyrith.

I think it was you who said yesterday that the wolves could easily hide their vote on one of their own, right? I could totally see clap voting on Tyrith, and even trying to convince people to vote with him, assuming he won't be very effective. Plus, his comment in Post #1010 makes it look like he's trying to get away with being cleared just because he's a velociraptor.

Telle 08-08-2008 09:01 AM

He just seemed REALLY insistent that we should all vote for Tyrith. He could have easily picked some other random person to lead such a charge on.

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804307)
He just seemed REALLY insistent that we should all vote for Tyrith. He could have easily picked some other random person to lead such a charge on.

He said it a lot, but it's not like he had much reasoning. And there's a good chance clap knew that no one would listen to him, so he could be free to be as insistent as he wanted. Sure, he could have picked someone random, but like we were discussing yesterday morning, it would have been really easy for a wolf to hide a vote on another wolf.

Telle 08-08-2008 09:09 AM

I'm not saying he's cleared or in a CoT. Just that he's in my "more likely good" category. There is always a chance that I'm wrong.

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804314)
I'm not saying he's cleared or in a CoT. Just that he's in my "more likely good" category. There is always a chance that I'm wrong.

Right -- that's what we're trying to figure out. What do you make of his comment in post #1010?

Telle 08-08-2008 09:21 AM

Well he's either a villager who interpreted a PM to mean that all the raptors are good, or he's a wolf trying to put himself into a CoT. Based on his play regarding Tyrith, I'm more inclined to believe the former. But as I said, I'm in no way 100% certain.

But as I said earlier, since the raptors can scan each other if/when they meet each other, I'm less interested in pursuing any of them right now unless something fairly concrete comes up against one of them.

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804323)
Well he's either a villager who interpreted a PM to mean that all the raptors are good, or he's a wolf trying to put himself into a CoT. Based on his play regarding Tyrith, I'm more inclined to believe the former. But as I said, I'm in no way 100% certain.

But as I said earlier, since the raptors can scan each other if/when they meet each other, I'm less interested in pursuing any of them right now unless something fairly concrete comes up against one of them.

That's cool. Have any other thoughts?

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2008 09:33 AM

Mornin all. Going to get caught up.

Telle 08-08-2008 09:35 AM

Well clap's next person of interest was BK. Any thoughts on him? He does fit the profile of being in the middle of the pack with regards to votes on Tyrith. But that's about all I have on him.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2008 09:40 AM

Yay we got an Ancient!

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804334)
Well clap's next person of interest was BK. Any thoughts on him? He does fit the profile of being in the middle of the pack with regards to votes on Tyrith. But that's about all I have on him.

My thoughts on him haven't changed much since I laid them out on Page 17. I guess the only difference is that Tyrith was pushing for him -- but just like clap pushing for Tyrith, I'm not inclined to use that to argue that they're on opposite sides.

Passacaglia 08-08-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1803470)
My PM from Jackal didn't say what happens when a non-raptor comes across me in the maze. I'm assuming I'm good since Lathum didn't die a painful death when we ran into each other.

Once all the raptors find each other we can travel together and communicate.

Farrah, while you're here, this is post #909 -- you said that once the raptors find each other, you can travel together and communicate. Isn't that exactly what you did with Lathum? So it sounds like once you meet anyone, you can travel together and communicate?

Lathum 08-08-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1804332)
Mornin all. Going to get caught up.

there really isn't much to catch up on, we havent gotten night results yet so no one knows what direction to go in or anything.

ntndeacon 08-08-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1804343)
Farrah, while you're here, this is post #909 -- you said that once the raptors find each other, you can travel together and communicate. Isn't that exactly what you did with Lathum? So it sounds like once you meet anyone, you can travel together and communicate?

That is the second example of that. Since our oracle/seer talked to his target earlier.

path12 08-08-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804300)

DT gets a bump in trust also in my mind for linking himself with Abe.

Lathum 08-08-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

we could only PM for 24 hours then we go our seoerate ways

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Lathum and I were only allowed to communicate for 24hours. Jackal said we could continue to travel in the same direction, just not PM after that.

And so naturally your next question would be "well if you can't talk, how do you know which way to go?". And the answer to that is, we worked out a system where I can tell where he's thinking about going next by his posts.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2008 09:52 AM

And now I'm sure he's going to kick my ass for revealing that... :P

path12 08-08-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1804313)
He said it a lot, but it's not like he had much reasoning. And there's a good chance clap knew that no one would listen to him, so he could be free to be as insistent as he wanted. Sure, he could have picked someone random, but like we were discussing yesterday morning, it would have been really easy for a wolf to hide a vote on another wolf.

I think clap's posts get underestimated at times. He makes interesting points, they're just not as clear as they might be. I respect his game though.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2008 09:54 AM

Do we have a 3pm deadline todaY? I don't remember.

I'm going to be downtown most of the day, and will miss it if we do.

ntndeacon 08-08-2008 09:55 AM

I think we have only the lyynch deadline if iremember correctly. which is just as well for me as I am going out of town this afternoon until sometime sunday.

Lathum 08-08-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1804352)
Lathum and I were only allowed to communicate for 24hours. Jackal said we could continue to travel in the same direction, just not PM after that.

And so naturally your next question would be "well if you can't talk, how do you know which way to go?". And the answer to that is, we worked out a system where I can tell where he's thinking about going next by his posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1804355)
And now I'm sure he's going to kick my ass for revealing that... :P

you're killing me ;)

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:09 AM

I'm actually feeling very good about the velociraptor triumverate all being good upstanding commoners.

I have an idea of who to look at today, but I can't really say until I know more, but I have mentioned him previously.

Telle 08-08-2008 10:14 AM

So, anybody else have any idea on where to look today?

Lathum 08-08-2008 10:15 AM

I dont feel good at all about the raptors.

Seems like a pretty solid advantage starting with a 3 person COT

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1804384)

It was my understanding that they didn't "start" knowing one another, only that they could know one another when they met? Am I mistaken in that belief?

The Jackal 08-08-2008 10:16 AM

I'm back, catching up.

Oh, and the table incident. I picked up a table to put on top of an ironing board to create some sort of makeshift raised gaming table and it hit me right in the mouth when I lifted it. Didn't realize there was so much blood in my lip.

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1804389)
I'm back, catching up.

Oh, and the table incident. I picked up a table to put on top of an ironing board to create some sort of makeshift raised gaming table and it hit me right in the mouth when I lifted it. Didn't realize there was so much blood in my lip.

What kind of gaming? Sounds like sometihng a few freinds of mine tried to do to create a Warhammer table.

Lathum 08-08-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1804386)
It was my understanding that they didn't "start" knowing one another, only that they could know one another when they met? Am I mistaken in that belief?

I think you are mistaken.

I think they knew who each other were to start the game but can only communicate and travel together once they meet.

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:23 AM

Can one of the resident raptors clarify for me please?

The Jackal 08-08-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1804391)
What kind of gaming? Sounds like sometihng a few freinds of mine tried to do to create a Warhammer table.

In this case it was flip cup because there were a bunch of girls that wanted to play. I should've milked the blood sympathy but people were more concerned about not drinking out of my cup. Lame.

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:24 AM

LOL

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:24 AM

"Never underestimate the power of human paranoia"

Telle 08-08-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1804384)

Well if any of them are bad I think it would be Farrah. She seemed somewhat reluctant to vote for Tyrith, and actually considered voting for a fellow raptor instead. Whereas clap seemed to lead the charge on Tyrith and Abe put the nail in the coffin by refuting Tyrith's fake reveal.

Thoughts?

Lathum 08-08-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1804404)
Well if any of them are bad I think it would be Farrah. She seemed somewhat reluctant to vote for Tyrith, and actually considered voting for a fellow raptor instead. Whereas clap seemed to lead the charge on Tyrith and Abe put the nail in the coffin by refuting Tyrith's fake reveal.

Thoughts?

I think it is possible. She has been insanely open with giving out information about our ability to discuss things, my role, etc...

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:30 AM

Anyone have a good sytem for restraining todlers that is secure yet non damaging?

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:31 AM

I'm leanient on the damaging part at this moment in time......

Lathum 08-08-2008 10:31 AM

duct tape

The Jackal 08-08-2008 10:33 AM

Okay. Everyone's movements are accounted for. Show first, then the kill, then movements will come out.

mccollins 08-08-2008 10:33 AM

Alrighty folks, I've had a crazy situation come up at work this morning and I'm heading out for the day. We're going down to a cabin in the smokies for the weekend, but it has wifi so I'll be on intermittently all weekend. I hope, but can not guarantee, that I'll be back on before 10pm to place a vote and make a move (I believe Jackal canceled the 3pm moves in lieu of delivering the results of last night's moves this afternoon).

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:33 AM

I thikn I have some duct tape......

RendeR 08-08-2008 10:38 AM

gah, post number 1200 so we can get to a new page...