Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LVI - Upstairs, Downstairs - GAME OVER, Guests WIN! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=61034)

Peregrine 09-19-2007 10:39 PM

Werewolf LVI - Upstairs, Downstairs - GAME OVER, Guests WIN!

Rules

Upstairs

Mr. Winston
Mrs. Winston
Daria Winston
Joseph Winston

Downstairs

The Butler
The Chambermaid
The Cook
The Driver

Guests

The Professor
The Gossip
The Vicar
The Colonel
The Gadabout
The Lush
The Socialite
The Eccentric
The Daughter
The Elderly Gent
The Neighbor

Teams

Each team, Upstairs and Downstairs has a Seer who can choose someone to scan each night. They will learn that person's role. Each team also has one supporter among the guests, who knows the identity of some of the team's members and wins or loses with them, but they do not know the supporter's identity. Teams have full PM privileges at all times among each other.

Roles

Roles are revealed when a player is killed overnight, but not when someone is arrested by voting during the day. The existence of some roles will be announced before the game, but not which players have them, and they may not all be in the game.

Voting

After the horrible violence going on in the house, the Inspector must be called in. Each day the players must vote to decide who is guilty of the latest murders. The Inspector is rather thick, and gullible, so if the majority of players can convince him someone's guilty, he'll be hauled away, out of the game. The usual voting rules apply, and all votes should be in by 8 pm EST each evening. Ties will confuse the Inspector and he will grab one of the two candidates at random and haul them away.

Evidence

There are several items of evidence in the game, some are hidden in the house and others are possessed by a player at the start of the game. To use evidence, PM me and I will post that evidence has been presented against a certain player, as well as who presented it. Evidence will add two votes to the vote total for the person it is presented against. Note that evidence becomes weaker as fewer players are in the game, so that when 12 or less are in, it is only one vote, and when there are 6 orless it becomes worthless.

Also, evidence is not intended to be used as a last minute "snipe" of the vote, but to put pressure on someone and change the voting trend. For that reason, I recommend that it not be used in the last two hours of a day. The GM reserves the right to cancel the evidence if he thinks the other players haven't had enough of a chance to respond to it.

Each night is divided into two sections, Early Night and Late Night. At the end of each day players must inform me of their actions for each of the sections.

Possible Actions are:

Sleep - Pretty obvious. The character cannot defend himself against attacks, unless he has someone guarding him. If a character does not get a phase of sleep in a night, the next night he is exhausted and must sleep in both phases. Similarly, if a character sleeps in both phases, the next night he may act in both phases, because he has slept ahead.

Guard - This action lets you guard yourself from attackers. Guard will let you fend off an attacker if they have the same type of weapon as you do (melee or gun.)

Search - You have the option to search the house for useful items. Normally you may find weapons or evidence but there are a few other useful items that grant small powers. Search will also give someone a small chance to notice someone else in the halls and possibly witness an attack.

Attack - If you have a weapon, you can attack someone. If they are sleeping, you kill them. If they are guarding, you have a chance to kill them, but only if you have a better weapon than they do. In other words a firearm will still kill someone who is guarding with a melee weapon, and a melee weapon will kill someone who is guarding with no weapon. You can't kill someone if you don't currently have a weapon.

Special Actions - Some characters have special actions, using them takes one of the night phases.

Victory conditions

If either the Winstons or the servants are eliminated (including their supporter, mentioned in the team section) the rival team wins the game at the start of a day as long as they have at least one member alive. If a situation arises where the last members of both teams are killed at the start of any day, the Guests win the game. The guests can also win if they outnumber the surviving members of both teams (not including supporters) by a ratio of 2:1 after Day 4.

Our Players

Lathum
RendeR
Gonzo
ArlingtonColt
Neon_Chaos
PurdueBrad
RPI-Fan
Barkeep49
EagleFan
MrBug708
St. Cronin
Oliegirl
ntndeacon
SnDvls
DaddyTorgo
Chief Run
Alan T
Telle
Path12

Peregrine 09-19-2007 10:43 PM

It is the morning of the first day. Guests have been arriving for the party all last night and this morning, and the frost between the Winstons and the servants is obvious to all. Someone made the first move last night, as Jackson, the Winstons private servant, was found strangled to death. He was equally close to the Winstons and their servants, and both are viewing this as an attack on them. What will the day bring?

Day 1 rules - For today you have the option of a No Lynch vote, if a majority votes No Lynch then there will be no one taken away today. After today this will not be an option!

Role PMs will be going out momentarily.

Peregrine 09-19-2007 11:05 PM

All roles have been sent out. All votes must be in by 8 pm EST on Thursday night, and all night actions must be in by midnight Thursday night.

Chief Rum 09-19-2007 11:05 PM

Woot! First post.

I ain't upstairs nor downstairs. I was given one of the roles listed for the guests. I am guessing we'll all have roles.

Chief Rum 09-19-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine (Post 1551125)
All roles have been sent out. All votes must be in by 8 pm EST tonight, and all night actions must be in by midnight tonight.

From my perspective, midnight is in three hours. I am guessing you mean midnight Thursday (tomorrow)?

Peregrine 09-19-2007 11:08 PM

Yes, that was obviously a mistake and I corrected the post.

Peregrine 09-19-2007 11:10 PM

The Inspector arrives, a bit out of breath from the bicycle ride to the manor house. "What's all this, then? Murder, is it?" He peers at the body of Jackson with bleary eyes. "Coulda been a hangin'?" He shrugs and looks to you to add your input (and make his decision for him.)

ArlingtonColt 09-19-2007 11:20 PM

I'm a guest as well.... not really comfortable in my skin though... lol

st.cronin 09-19-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt (Post 1551137)
I'm a guest as well.... not really comfortable in my skin though... lol

Is this meant to be a hint?

Guest as well, here.

Neon_Chaos 09-19-2007 11:52 PM

Checking in. Guest here.

ntndeacon 09-19-2007 11:52 PM

I am a guest as well

SnDvls 09-19-2007 11:58 PM

guest checking in

MrBug708 09-20-2007 01:21 AM

Guest here checking in at a later time...

EagleFan 09-20-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin (Post 1551147)
Is this meant to be a hint?

Guest as well, here.

Not buying it this time.... :)

EagleFan 09-20-2007 01:29 AM

vote no lynch

After finally getting an idea about the other game, now a major wrench thrown into things with this one... :)

Barkeep49 09-20-2007 03:55 AM

I too am a guest. Seems to me that we need to try and lynch from both upstairs and downstairs at a relatively equal rate. Not quite sure how we'll judge that.

No lynch doesn't seem to be an option so I'm going to go with the guy who volunteered to have day 1 votes on him.

vote st.cronin

Alan T 09-20-2007 05:37 AM

I'm a guest as well, and I have a role from the guest list.

I'm wondering if everyone has roles, what would the harm in a mass role reveal be? It seems like it would almost make this too easy to win to the point that it would almost break the game. So I am wondering if there is some catch that I am not seeing here.

Also Barkeep, your last post is incorrect. Peregrine posted that only on day 1 No Lynch is an option, so it is an option for today.

Alan T 09-20-2007 05:53 AM

Dola,

Speaking of no lynch, my pointing out that Barkeep was incorrect does not in any way mean I support a no lynch today. I go game by game on if I support a no lynch depending on the game setup. In this game I count 11 guests and 8 others. Of the 11 guests, two are supporters, which means of the people left to vote for 8 of them are on my side, and 10 are not. So the odds are better in lynching someone not a guest than lynching a guest today if all things are equal.

So I most likely will be voting to lynch someone today even if its a blind guess I should still have decent odds of not hitting a guest.

Alan T 09-20-2007 06:50 AM

Thinking about it a bit further, the only downside I can see to a mass reveal is that we are outnumbered to start (like I mentioned in my last post).. So even though we have more people than either of the upstairs or downstairs team, if they for whatever reason teamed up to remove us in order to save their own neck, it could go bad for us there..

I still think if we manage to knock off one or two of them in the first two-three days and the numbers even out better, its a good thought.

oliegirl 09-20-2007 06:52 AM

I'm a guest, and have a role...as I'd said before, I'm moving today - leaving here in about an hour and likely won't be back online until late this afternoon or maybe even tonight...I've never done this before and I don't like to do it, but I'd rather put this in now than miss deadline...

VOTE NO LYNCH

PurdueBrad 09-20-2007 07:00 AM

Sorry for the late check in guys. Guest here.

Telle 09-20-2007 07:39 AM

Guest here checking in.

Lathum 09-20-2007 08:20 AM

I just realized there is an 8;00 EST deadline, I just want to throw it out there that I will usualy be gone at that time.

st.cronin 09-20-2007 08:51 AM

placeholder

vote No Lynch

Lathum 09-20-2007 08:55 AM

I HATE the No Lynch

VOTE EAGLEFAN

he jumped on that option to quickly for my taste.

Neon_Chaos 09-20-2007 09:04 AM

vote No Lynch

Peregrine 09-20-2007 09:09 AM

I can move the deadline a bit forward or back if many of you have problems with it, 8 is just the one I usually use.

Barkeep49 09-20-2007 09:22 AM

I just want to point out that people are TWICE as likely to die at night during this game as they are during a normal game. To me this makes it rather silly for the guests to sit back and wait for the upstairs and downstairs people to accomplish their goal

Alan T 09-20-2007 09:24 AM

I guess everyone voting no lynch either are not guests or completely missed the fact that there is no real reason to vote no lynch today in this game that I presented earlier.

Since no one even commented on it and is just ignoring it, I'm leaning to voting for one of the people who chose no lynch after the information I put up earlier.

Barkeep49 09-20-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1551343)
I guess everyone voting no lynch either are not guests or completely missed the fact that there is no real reason to vote no lynch today in this game that I presented earlier.

Since no one even commented on it and is just ignoring it, I'm leaning to voting for one of the people who chose no lynch after the information I put up earlier.

I'm down with that.

path12 09-20-2007 10:15 AM

Checking in.

Peregrine 09-20-2007 10:28 AM

Rules clarification:

Based on some questions. Weapons can be kept and re-used for multiple attacks, however firearms may run out of ammunition after two uses. Ammo can be found via searching.

RPI-Fan 09-20-2007 10:29 AM

Guest checking in...

Subject to change after he checks in... (I'm adamantly against the no-lynch for the reasons presented by Alan)

VOTE DADDYTORGO

DaddyTorgo 09-20-2007 10:36 AM

whoops. Got my PM and didn't realize that that meant game-on

DaddyTorgo 09-20-2007 10:39 AM

I am

a) not a winston

b) not a worker

so what's everyone up to today? where are the votes at? any wolves make blunders?

Telle 09-20-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1551318)
I HATE the No Lynch

VOTE EAGLEFAN

he jumped on that option to quickly for my taste.

Something about this post just keeps bugging me. You know that this is only EagleFan's second game and this game is rather different from the last one. I think for a newbie going with a no-lynch vote is perfectly normal because he probably just wants to sit back for a bit and see how things work. And yet Lathum chose to jump on EagleFan rather than the two veterans after him who voted the exact same way.

VOTE LATHUM

Telle 09-20-2007 10:44 AM

As of post 36:

4 - no lynch - EagleFan (15), oliegirl (20), st.cronin (24), Neon_Chaos (26)
1 - st.cronin - Barkeep49 (16)
1 - EagleFan - Lathum (25)
1 - DaddyTorgo - RPI-Fan (33)
1 - Lathum - Telle (36)

Neon_Chaos 09-20-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1551343)

I'm all good with a mass reveal.

I just don't want to lynch right now, because roles aren't revealed on lynches, right?

RendeR 09-20-2007 10:46 AM

I'm going to try learning from past experience, Cronin is simply too good at this game to allow him to live long:

VOTE ST CRONIN

Barring some sort of reveal that would change my mind I'm sticking with this vote until he hangs. he somehow manages to convince me he's ok every game and I've been wrong too often.

Also, due to Telle's charity event I will not be around at deadline. My vote is going to stand unless something relaly big come up.

Neon_Chaos 09-20-2007 10:48 AM

My argument for the no-lynch would be that since roles aren't revealed during lynches, we really don't have anything revealed to us, even though we lynch someone.

We would be taking someone out and not gain anything from it. Bad trade-off, IMO.

DaddyTorgo 09-20-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos (Post 1551402)
My argument for the no-lynch would be that since roles aren't revealed during lynches, we really don't have anything revealed to us, even though we lynch someone.

We would be taking someone out and not gain anything from it. Bad trade-off, IMO.

interesting point

Alan T 09-20-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos (Post 1551402)

You rarely learn anything from day 1 votes anyways as its mad chaos..

The point remains.. even guessing blindly with any vote out there, you still have a 56% chance of with a completely random vote getting someone who is not for your team.

If we do not vote today, we have a 0% chance of getting someone not on our team in this lynch.

Meanwhile tonight, you will have two teams who both have the ability to communicate with each other, and both have a 93% chance of getting someone not on their team go out and kill people.

I guess the main positive point with your plan is that while we could be down 2 additional people tommorrow, have very little if any information to go on, at least we'll then on day 2 possibly have as high as a 63% chance for our complete shot in the dark vote tommorrow! :)

RendeR 09-20-2007 11:24 AM

A No Lynch vote helps no-one.

Hang Cronin, can anyone honestly say its safe to leave him alive?

DaddyTorgo 09-20-2007 11:51 AM

what about evidence? we havn't discussed evidence yet.

Alan T 09-20-2007 12:00 PM

I didn't start with any evidence myself. Considering I'll likely be leaving in 2-3 hours until after lynch I assume if people haven't put any into play by now for today, I likely won't see it anyways until later tonight.

Lathum 09-20-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 1551391)
Something about this post just keeps bugging me. You know that this is only EagleFan's second game and this game is rather different from the last one. I think for a newbie going with a no-lynch vote is perfectly normal because he probably just wants to sit back for a bit and see how things work. And yet Lathum chose to jump on EagleFan rather than the two veterans after him who voted the exact same way.

If that was the case then he would do just that, casting a no lynch vote is the same as voting.

It seems far more likely a newer player would get anxious about putting a no lynch vote in because of their teams agenda as opposed to putting one in for the reasons you listed

ArlingtonColt 09-20-2007 12:16 PM

I agree with Telle here... seems like a wolf trying to start a quick run on someone for a very flimsy reason.

VOTE LATHUM

Subject to change of course.

RendeR 09-20-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1551455)
If that was the case then he would do just that, casting a no lynch vote is the same as voting.

It seems far more likely a newer player would get anxious about putting a no lynch vote in because of their teams agenda as opposed to putting one in for the reasons you listed

Actually Lathum, its far more disturbing to me to see you, a notable high end player, choose to avoid voting for the players you know to be excellent at the game as well who voted the same way. it makes far more sense to take out those players than try and tag a newbie in this situation.

Barkeep49 09-20-2007 12:20 PM

I'm all for a mass reveal. I don't think it would possibly work, but being a guest, I'm all for it.

Barkeep49 09-20-2007 12:21 PM

Frankly I like Lathum's analysis here more than the counter argument.