Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XXXI: House of Frankenstein (Game Over) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=51677)

st.cronin 08-05-2006 10:46 PM

Werewolf XXXI: House of Frankenstein (Game Over)

Game will start next Monday. Rules etc. will be posted soon - they are basically ready to go. This will be a very SIMPLE game, basically just villagers and wolves. It will be an excellent game for beginners, I hope. I'd like to get at least 14 players.

1. Anxiety - killed by Count Dracula Night 4, villager
2. Chubby - staked, day 2, villager
3. Swaggs - killed, night 6 villager
4. tanglewood - Dr. Reimann
5. GoldenEagle - killed, night 3 villager
6. Alan T - killed, night 2, villager
7. Chief Rum - wolf
8. Lathum - staked, day 3, villager
9. Blade - staked, day 4, villager
10. Bulletsponge - wolf
11. molson - staked, day 7 villager
12. path12 - killed, night 4 villager
13. fouts - killed by Frankenstein's monster, night 3 villager
14. greyroofoo - killed, night 5 COUNT DRACULA
15. farrah - staked, day 5 villager
16. sndvls - villager
17. Barkeep - staked, day 8 villager
18. noddadropp - staked, Day 1 villager
19. dodgerchick - killed, night 7 mason
20. daddytorgo - killed, night 8 villager
21. grammaticus - staked, Day 6 mason
22. saldana - killed, Night 1 villager

Has the Curse returned? Your village, seemimgly free from the ravages of the past, when it was haunted by vampires, werewolves, and the devilish Dr. Frankenstein, has once again become a frightful place. Corpses of dogs and sheep have been discovered - in some cases, skinned and disemboweled. Several of your cattle have been found exsanguinated, as well. Could this be the work of Count Dracula, long thought dead? Or have the werewolves, which in generations past plagued your village, returned?

News has reached your village that the insane Doctor Reimann has escaped the asylum where he was confined; quickly you organize your defenses, blocking the roads and posting a watch. Now, nobody can get in or out of your village.

You awake the next day to discover that, despite your precautions, Death has visited your village with violence; st.cronin has been discovered, in his home, torn to pieces. You look around, fear in your heart, paranoia in your eyes. Could the wolves be back? Is Dr. Reimann hiding amongst you, contributing to the mayhem in some way? And what of Count Dracula - could he have returned as well?

Rules: Everybody is presumed a villager. It is not known how many wolves are hiding in your midst. Each day you will vote on one suspect - the lucky winner will have a stake driven through their heart, and will no longer be playing the game. Villagers win when all wolves and Count Dracula have been staked or otherwise eliminated. Wolves and their allies win when the ratio of wolves to humans is 1:1. Each day will end at 9pm Eastern time, which is 7pm my time. Votes cast at 9:01 Eastern time or later will not count. Votes must be in bold. Night actions will be due by 9:00am Eastern time.

Villager Roles:

Villager - no special abilities.
Masons - have seen each other at mason meetings, and know they are not guilty of any crimes. Tie votes will be broken by the masons, without revealing their identity. No pm capabilities, and if they reveal that they are a mason, they will die a horrible death.

Wolf Roles:

Wolf
- no special abilities. Do not know who their allies are, and have no way of finding out. The wolves must kill one and only one player per night.
Dr. Reimann - Doctor Reimann has unleashed the pack of wolves and the vampire upon your village. He does not know any player's role at the start of the game, but each night he may test one player's blood, to determine what species that player is. Also, once in the game he can change the result of the vote without revealing his identity by swapping out one player for another. Finally, after night 2, he can summon the Frankenstein monster once to kill whomever he wishes. Counts as a human in determining victory.
Count Dracula - does not know who the wolves are, or who Dr. Reimann is. Gets one night kill in the game. Counts as a wolf in determining victory.

Abe Sargent 08-05-2006 10:57 PM

IN

Chubby 08-05-2006 11:03 PM

In!

Swaggs 08-05-2006 11:08 PM

In.

Barkeep49 08-05-2006 11:09 PM

Due to my schedule I'm out. But I plan on being a smart alec observer as much as I can manage.

tanglewood 08-05-2006 11:10 PM

I'll be in on this.

st.cronin 08-05-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Due to my schedule I'm out. But I plan on being a smart alec observer as much as I can manage.

Sorry to hear that. Unlike some recent games, this one won't require a huge time commitment from anybody. You can play like Schmidty did this game and not hurt your team.

GoldenEagle 08-05-2006 11:11 PM

How do i play?

st.cronin 08-05-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
How do i play?

You'll find out. ;)

Barkeep49 08-05-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st.cronin
Sorry to hear that. Unlike some recent games, this one won't require a huge time commitment from anybody. You can play like Schmidty did this game and not hurt your team.

I can't make any reasonable promise to be around at all after say 8 AM Eastern until say 11 PM Eastern (or even later). Just doesn't seem to work on our schedule.

Barkeep49 08-05-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

How do i play?

You try and find bad guys by reading posts. You post Vote Lathum and then a whole bunch of other people agree and you win the game.

GoldenEagle 08-05-2006 11:39 PM

So all I have to do is say Vote Lathum and I win?

Alan T 08-05-2006 11:39 PM

I'll play

Barkeep49 08-05-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

So all I have to do is say Vote Lathum and I win?

Well it's slightly more complex then that, but you can't go wrong with that strategy.

GoldenEagle 08-05-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Well it's slightly more complex then that, but you can't go wrong with that strategy.

Then why the hell are these threads so popular?

Barkeep49 08-05-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Then why the hell are these threads so popular?

Because, despite my somewhat flippant response, it is a simple concept that leads to an intense psychological battle of wits. Try a game and see for yourself.

Chubby 08-05-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Because, despite my somewhat flippant response, it is a simple concept that leads to an intense psychological battle of wits. Try a game and see for yourself.

I send you to bribe GoldenEagle with an offer of ONE GOLD!

GoldenEagle 08-06-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby

One gold, eh? Well, that is better than not having any gold I suppose.

Poli 08-06-2006 12:42 AM

Good luck fellas. I'll be lurking.

Abe Sargent 08-06-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

HAHAHHAHA

SackAttack 08-06-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemies? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool--you would have counted on it--so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!

Chief Rum 08-06-2006 06:13 AM

I had fun in the last one, so I will give this one a go, too.

Lathum 08-06-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

You try and find bad guys by reading posts. You post Vote Lathum and then a whole bunch of other people agree and you win the game.

should I even bother signing up ?

I'm in

hoopsguy 08-06-2006 09:22 AM

GoldenEagle, there is basically one concept, depending on what team you are on:

Good guy - figure out who is a bad guy, and get enough people to vote for him. You can either be a leader (try to do the detective work) or a follower (listen to someone else) in this process.

Bad guy - you know who the other bad guys are, so get the good guys to vote for anyone but the bad guys. Again, you can either be vocal in messing with people or just sit back and let them mess up on their own.

Again, it is more complex than this. The rules for each game are different, and provide some kind of framework for how you detect your enemies or fool your enemies. As you play more of these games, you begin to realize who are the biggest liars are at FOFC. And you tend to vote for them first in the next game you play.

Lathum 08-06-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
GoldenEagle, there is basically one concept, depending on what team you are on:

Good guy - figure out who is a bad guy, and get enough people to vote for him. You can either be a leader (try to do the detective work) or a follower (listen to someone else) in this process.

Bad guy - you know who the other bad guys are, so get the good guys to vote for anyone but the bad guys. Again, you can either be vocal in messing with people or just sit back and let them mess up on their own.

Again, it is more complex than this. The rules for each game are different, and provide some kind of framework for how you detect your enemies or fool your enemies. As you play more of these games, you begin to realize who are the biggest liars are at FOFC. And you tend to vote for them first in the next game you play.

I resent that comment :)

Schmidty 08-06-2006 12:06 PM

I started yet another new job this past week (on wednesday), and am having some "issues" at home, so I was very inactive last game. I feel horrible about it because it wasn't fair to you guys, so I'm thinking I probably shouldn't play this game, even though I want to. :(

Blade6119 08-06-2006 03:15 PM

Im ready to get lynched on day 1 again, count me in

Chief Rum 08-06-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty
I started yet another new job this past week (on wednesday), and am having some "issues" at home, so I was very inactive last game. I feel horrible about it because it wasn't fair to you guys, so I'm thinking I probably shouldn't play this game, even though I want to. :(

Schmidty, maybe you can contact st. cronin and see if he has a role for a limited availability player? Or can put you someplace where being able to participate less won't be as much of an issue. He did say this would be a simpler game.

Abe Sargent 08-06-2006 05:49 PM

True That.

Abe Sargent 08-06-2006 05:50 PM

Besides, Schmidity was the GM of my first game, you deflowered me!!!

bulletsponge 08-06-2006 05:57 PM

ill join in, lets hope i can play this time

molson 08-06-2006 06:06 PM

Count me in - I'll make my Werewolf debut

Barkeep49 08-06-2006 06:53 PM

I'm glad to see these new WW players. ANd if the need anyone outside of the game to help, Golden Eagle and molson should feeel free to drop me a PM with questions during the game and I will respond overnight.

Alan T 08-06-2006 07:16 PM

Quote:

I'm glad to see these new WW players. ANd if the need anyone outside of the game to help, Golden Eagle and molson should feeel free to drop me a PM with questions during the game and I will respond overnight.

What if I need help? :(

hoopsguy 08-06-2006 07:18 PM

If you are a bad guy, figure out who I would kill. Then go with some other plan.

Happy to provide a service :)

Lathum 08-06-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

can you help me avoid getting lynched the first day?

saldana 08-06-2006 09:26 PM

in

saldana 08-06-2006 09:26 PM

me too

path12 08-06-2006 10:34 PM

In please.

Fouts 08-08-2006 03:30 AM

Looks like this thread needs help. I'll join.

Poli 08-08-2006 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy
If you are a bad guy, figure out who I would kill. Then go with some other plan.

Happy to provide a service :)

WWHD?

Greyroofoo 08-08-2006 07:58 AM

My sexual nerves shall finally succumb to a werewolf game.

In

Alan T 08-08-2006 08:21 AM

Evidentally St.cronin got eaten by a werewolf.. It must be our job to figure out who did it!

Vote Lathum

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2006 08:28 AM

I may regret this later...but I'll embrace what I mock.

I'm in.

SnDvls 08-08-2006 09:20 AM

since it looks like a good group of new/old I have to get in on this.

in

Chubby 08-08-2006 09:27 AM

Vote Farrah!

Schmidty 08-08-2006 09:36 AM

If it's ok, I guess I'll be in.

Things have calmed a bit, so I should be more active this time.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-08-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Vote Farrah!

A little lynching might be fun ;)

Noddadropp 08-08-2006 09:48 AM

I'll give it a shot.

Lathum 08-08-2006 10:49 AM

good turnout so far. Look out for she-rahn, redheads can't be trusted