Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   General Mike comes to Ypsilanti: An NCAA 12 dynasty (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=81831)

General Mike 07-13-2011 06:22 PM

General Mike comes to Ypsilanti: An NCAA 12 dynasty

Secretary: Coach Mike, there's a phone call for you, says he has a proposal for you.
Coach Mike: A phone call? From who?
Secretary: I don't know, they didn't say.
Coach Mike: Isn't that your job? Did he mention what kind of proposal?
Secretary: I didn't think to ask his name. He said it was a job proposal.
Coach Mike: Interesting, thanks Beverly.

Coach Mike: Hello?
Mysterious caller: Hello. Is this Coach Mike? Coach General Mike?
Coach Mike: Yes, and who am I speaking to you.
Mysterious Caller: This is Ron English, head coach of the Eastern Michigan Eagles. I think I have an interesting offer for you.
Coach Mike: What kind of offer?
English: As you may know, Eastern Michigan has not had the exactly best track record, ever. I'm trying to turn things around and we could use some sharp minded young coaches to help. I thought you would be a good fit on our staff.
Mike: Ok, what did you have in mind? Something like a graduate assistant position?
English: Actually, I was thinking something a little higher up the totem pole?
Mike: What, like coaching the TEs? Making some recruiting phone calls?
English: Actually I was thinking you could come in and coordinate both our offensive attack and our recruiting efforts.
Mike: This can't be on the level. Who put you up to this?
English: I can assure you this is serious. If you are interested, we can have the guidelines of a contract sent over to you for your lawyer's perusal.
Mike: OK, I'm in. Send the contract over.

(3 days later)

English: I am pleased to announce to you the hiring of our new offensive coordinator for the 2011 season and hopefully many future years, General Mike. We can begin the Q&A now
Reporter1: Coach English, General Mike lacks any experience on the college level, what makes you think he can succeed?
English: I've heard good things thru the high school coaching community. Coach Mike brings great ties to our key recruiting areas; Michigan and Ohio. Hopefully with my ties in Florida we can really bring some top talent to Ypsilanti
Reporter2: Coach Mike, what kind of offense are you going to put out on the field?
Mike: We're going to install a pro-style attack. We're going to have 2 RBs on the field a lot. If the fullback isn't on the field, a 2nd TE will be. We may have some plays with 3 or 4 WRs on the field, but if we are playing well, we'll be coming out of the I-Formation and running it right into the teeth of the defense.
Reporter1: Are you planning on recruiting anywhere besides Michigan and Ohio?
Mike: I want to expand our recruiting footprint, but those are the key areas. We have some players from Canada and Illinois already so I think those will continue. Pennsylvania and Indiana are also options, and we have to go into Florida for a few playmakers every year.
Reporter3: Where does your name, General, come from?
Mike: You ever heard of anyone with the name Major? Well my mother wanted me to be even better than a Major.

General Mike 07-13-2011 06:24 PM

I'm not a big sliders guy or any of that stuff, but I'm basically going to play on All-American with slow speed, and 30 speed threshold. I'll let you know if I make any major changes along the way.
As far as recruiting goes, I'm putting it on All-American as well.

I'm doing a throwback conference allignment with some minor tweaks, but it's basically 1987 with the teams not around thrown in the mix.

Here's the allignment I came up with. Teams with *s are TeamBuilder teams who I'll use to replace the teams who were not at least 1-AA in 1987.

ACC
Clemson
Duke
Georgia Tech
Maryland
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Virginia
Wake Forest

Big Ten
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin

Big East
Boston College
Connecticut
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple
West Virginia

Big XII becomes SWC
Arkansas
Baylor
Houston
Rice
Southern Methodist
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Texas Christian

Pac-Ten
Arizona
Arizona State
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Washington
Washington State

SEC
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana State
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Mountain West becomes Big 8
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

WAC
Air Force
BYU
Colorado State
Hawaii
New Mexico
San Diego State
Utah
UTEP
Wyoming

Conference USA becomes Pacific Coast Athletic Association
Fresno State
New Mexico State
San Jose State
Utah State
UNLV
Boise State
Idaho
Nevada

MAC
Ball State
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Ohio
Toledo
Western Michigan

Sun Belt
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
North Texas
Louisiana Tech
Louisiana Monroe
Arkansas State
Middle Tennessee State
Western Kentucky
Troy

Independents
Akron
Army
Buffalo
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Florida State
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisville
Marshall
Memphis
Miami
Navy
Northern Illinois
Notre Dame
South Carolina
Southern Mississippi
Tulsa
Tulane
UAB
UCF
USF
Virginia Tech

BCS Setup
SEC auto qualifier for Sugar Bowl
Pac Ten and Big Ten auto qualifiers for the Rose Bowl
Big 8 auto qualifier for Orange Bowl
all other BCS spots are at-large bids.

DeToxRox 07-13-2011 06:59 PM

I like the alignments.

General Mike 07-13-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2496803)
I like the alignments.

Thanks. I did some test sims, I liked the bowl results for the most part, besides the All SEC title game.

I'm gonna start posting the roster soon, if people want more in-depth info, just ask.

Izulde 07-13-2011 07:50 PM

Interesting PCAA alignment. California/Nevada/Idaho/New Mexico/Utah footprint, albeit with lesser schools in Cali and Utah. Really liking the in-conference UNLV/UNR rivalry.

General Mike 07-13-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izulde (Post 2496841)
Interesting PCAA alignment. California/Nevada/Idaho/New Mexico/Utah footprint, albeit with lesser schools in Cali and Utah. Really liking the in-conference UNLV/UNR rivalry.

I originally planned to import team builder versions of Pacific, Long Beach State and Cal State- Fullerton and having them replace some of the teams that didn't have teams in 1987, but then I got lazy. :p