Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96929)

Lathum 11-13-2020 10:19 AM

?

kingfc22 11-13-2020 10:36 AM

Pretty sure the Dems argument has been how difficult it is to vote and how the GOP continues to enact laws to make it harder for Americans to vote.

PilotMan 11-13-2020 10:36 AM

He's always talked out of both sides of his mouth. In fact, one of the biggest things that has been discussed is how can people listen to what he says and makes sense of it? It's a combination of his narcissism, love of organized crime, and business. He knows it's about him. He doesn't need to say much of anything, because people around him 'know' what he means. He doesn't need to be specific because supporters will 'read into' exactly what they want to see. That very thing is the entire basis of Q Anon. It is whatever the individual makes it. Rational people read that for what it is and what it says, and it makes no sense at all. It's full of contradictions, but someone who has spent the last 4 years, or is an enabler of his, knows exactly what he means, because it means whatever they think it means. To them. That's it.

Ghost Econ 11-13-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3313779)
?

A + B = C - D = E

We need a diagram from that dude who used to live in Jacksonville with those confusing boyfriend/girlfriend stories

Drake 11-13-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3313779)
?

At least we know he agrees that the election was secure and wonderful. That should put an end to the claims of voter fraud, no?

Ben E Lou 11-13-2020 11:51 AM

Gonna try to move all of the "Trump fights it" stuff here, save the Biden thread for Biden, and close the election thread.

sterlingice 11-13-2020 12:16 PM

Someone's wildly optimistic we're going to have a Biden Presidency :p

SI

spleen1015 11-13-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3313789)

Gonna try to move all of the "Trump fights it" stuff here, save the Biden thread for Biden, and close the election thread.

As long as no one loses posts....

kingfc22 11-13-2020 01:07 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/trum...d-too-big.html

So much winning.

Quote:

Timothy Kenny, chief judge of Wayne County Circuit Court, said those people “did not have a full understanding” of the vote counting process and their “interpretation of events is incorrect and not credible.”

In its filing in Maricopa County court, the Trump campaign, which has said that numerous voters had their ballots invalidated, said that “the tabulation of votes statewide has rendered unncessary a judicial ruling as to the presidential electors.”

Ksyrup 11-13-2020 01:16 PM

Fortunately, as we all expected, Geraldo Rivera has played a key role in saving our democracy.

I. J. Reilly 11-13-2020 01:23 PM

As humans in times of stress we always revert to what we know best, in Trumps case that’s gossiping with D-list wash-ups.

Lathum 11-13-2020 01:30 PM

So at what point does Twitter remove him? I realize it isn't going to happen, but literally every tweet is flagged.

whomario 11-13-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3313801)
Fortunately, as we all expected, Geraldo Rivera has played a key role in saving our democracy.

I'll give it a day before Trump tweenies this.

Also, "Committed to talking about all he accomplished" is like being committed to keep eating your favourite food. Good to know, but where is the commitment part ? :confused:

albionmoonlight 11-13-2020 01:33 PM

I am still wondering if there is a point where he admits Biden will be President (not conceding, but something like "I won, but the deep state Democrats stole it") but stays in the office until January 20th.

It feels like his play would be to simply resign and go to Mar A Lago when he stops fighting.

But several people say that he really is worried about his creditors and New York prosecutions when he's out of office, which might encourage him to stay in until the last minute.

Lathum 11-13-2020 01:36 PM

He has made it abundantly clear he isn't even going to put up the pretense that he's working.

If Pence wants to make a 2024 run this is his chance to show some real leadership.

NobodyHere 11-13-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3313801)

I really don't know if this a joke or not.

Ksyrup 11-13-2020 01:40 PM

Welcome to 2020!

cuervo72 11-13-2020 01:54 PM

Eh, that just seems like he's going to try to mess with certification (not "certifiction") if he can.

Qwikshot 11-13-2020 02:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that on Inauguration Day which he won't attend, he'll throw a rally to state he's running for 2024.

I figure he'll invite as many Republican leaders as possible. He'll also be challenging Fox news with a Trump news program.

Most of those at the rally will get COVID. He'll use Trump News to spout his filth since he'll be block from most other news media sites.

I hope he goes broke from over extending himself and the legal challenges that should follow.

He'll never admit he lost. He'll constantly on his news site foment his followers to resist and destroy any means of stability until he's back in charge.

Lathum 11-13-2020 02:11 PM

CIA director not invited to today’s intelligence briefing.

Ksyrup 11-13-2020 02:18 PM

I want to laugh, but considering how many people take the fraud allegations seriously, this is not even funny.

Lathum 11-13-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 3313820)
I want to laugh, but considering how many people take the fraud allegations seriously, this is not even funny.

These are..something.

JPhillips 11-13-2020 08:04 PM

We didn't cover this in HS government class.

cuervo72 11-13-2020 08:25 PM

It's too bad Twitter can't vary/get creative with their disclaimers.

"Official sources called this election differently"
"This is patently false"
"Yet again, this is a complete lie"
"Yeah...where to start with this one"
"Look, this is just crazy-pants bad"

Ben E Lou 11-14-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwikshot (Post 3313815)
I'm pretty sure that on Inauguration Day which he won't attend, he'll throw a rally to state he's running for 2024.

I don't know if it will be to announce his 2024 run, but it certainly seems like a solid bet that there will be some sort of "alternative" to the inauguration where he can soak in the love of his adoring cult mem....errrrr...fans.

Ben E Lou 11-14-2020 07:05 AM

Dola...

Ben E Lou 11-14-2020 07:33 AM

Did a little post moving to consolidate threads a bit. (NO ONE LOST POSTS!)

Moving forward, let's try this...

"IF TRUMP LOSES IN NOVEMBER...."--Trump's continued fight against the results of the 2020 election, the finalizing of the electoral college, etc. Discussion here should largely end when he either concedes (HA!) or Biden takes office.

"THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY..."--Obviously will be the "moving forward" thread, but I also put the most recent discussion of the Georgia Senate race in there, as it impacts the Biden Presidency tremendously.

"THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY"--If by some miracle the President decides to actually govern--rather than whine and sulk--for the next 2 months, I'd expect this thread to remain active. Yesterday's COVID presser made sense to be in here, and speaking of that....

"COVID 19 POLITICAL DISCUSSION"--Merging that entire thread into the Trump Presidency. Once Biden takes over, COVID-19 political discussion belongs in that thread. There's definitely a place for a non-political COVID-19 discussion, but given the national nature of the response, the political pieces of it fit into discussion of the Presidency.

albionmoonlight 11-14-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3313904)
I don't know if it will be to announce his 2024 run, but it certainly seems like a solid bet that there will be some sort of "alternative" to the inauguration where he can soak in the love of his adoring cult mem....errrrr...fans.

That will also be an opportunity for him to see which GOP politicians should be in his crosshairs. Did they attend the inauguration a fake President Biden? Or did they come to his Make America Great Again Again rally?

Ben E Lou 11-14-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3313911)
That will also be an opportunity for him to see which GOP politicians should be in his crosshairs. Did they attend the inauguration a fake President Biden? Or did they come to his Make America Great Again Again rally?

I hadn't thought about that angle, but absolutely yes. Ugh. A litmus test that would be TERRIBLE for the country.

Ben E Lou 11-14-2020 07:45 AM

Dola:

We'd have a rash of R politicians who need to quarantine because a relative who briefly visited them during the holidays will test positive somewhere in the January 7-19 range...

Lathum 11-14-2020 09:06 AM

It is sad when all you have left is Rudy as your last line of defense. Turns out trying to overthrow democracy is bad PR for these law firms.

sterlingice 11-14-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3313905)
Dola...

NEW - Trump has put Rudy Giuliani in charge of his campaign lawsuits related to the outcome of the election, as well as all public communications related to them https://t.co/M9QRM7DFLo
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) November 14, 2020

Does this mean we can see more awesome pressers at places like at the Ritz Carlton Pet Boarding?

SI

sterlingice 11-14-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3313917)
Dola:

We'd have a rash of R politicians who need to quarantine because a relative who briefly visited them during the holidays will test positive somewhere in the January 7-19 range...

Seems like the most politically expedient thing to do, so I'm sure they'll go down that road

SI

spleen1015 11-14-2020 09:36 AM

I watched the Netflix documentary on the mafia this week and it featured Rudy's role in bringing down The Commission. Hard to imagine the guy who lead that effort is now Donald Trump's lap dog.

Lathum 11-14-2020 09:46 AM

rudys legacy is a living testament that everything Trump touches dies.

Ghost Econ 11-14-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3313905)
Dola...

Can't wait until they find deleted votes in Hunter Biden's laptop.

Ksyrup 11-14-2020 10:35 AM

That's good news for everyone who expects a peaceful transition. He has screwed up any slim chance Trump had.

Ben E Lou 11-15-2020 07:14 AM

Given that Trump has the best genes and the best health ever, I suppose "DECADES TO COME" makes perfect sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ben E Lou 11-15-2020 07:22 AM

Heh. He finally kinda sorta admits that Biden won, in the same way he told us that he would have admitted that HRC won.

QuikSand 11-15-2020 07:55 AM

we are through the looking glass

Ben E Lou 11-15-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3314081)
we are through the looking glass

Y'all got to start thinkin' on a different level.

QuikSand 11-15-2020 08:10 AM

like the
see
aye
ayy

Lathum 11-15-2020 08:31 AM

Of all the right wing shills in the world I think Jesse Waters is the one I would like to punch in the dick the most, and that is saying something.

Flasch186 11-15-2020 08:41 AM

Trump's immediate launching of a 2024 campaign is truly a scary prospect for those of the populace looking to fill the hole in their hearts and minds with conspiracies. You thought Pizzagate and Wayfair were a touchstone, a somewhat normal/not super far acquaintance of mine posted, #notmypedophile on Facebook the other day.... of course within 6 months of stating how Trump, as President, is being disrespectfully treated and any President should not be.

albionmoonlight 11-15-2020 08:57 AM

Thinking of this solely from the perspective of GOP presidential hopefuls:

In 2016, things sort of made sense from a game theory perspective for any individual candidate

(1) You thought that there was just no way that Trump would actually win the nomination; and

(2) it made sense for you to hold your fire on Trump as long as possible b/c you wanted his supporters to turn against the other candidates and come into your camp once Trump went down

(It was sort of the opposite of the Dems all coalescing around Biden once it looked like Bernie had a shot)

So you can see how that ended up leading to Trump in a collective action failure sort of way

But now 2024 is coming. And you know that the guy can win. And you know if no one goes after him, he will get the nomination that you want. You have a lot more information than you did in 2016.

So how does it not make sense for the Rubios, Cruzes, etc. to all have a meeting where they agree to take Trump out at the knees pretty soon so that they actually have a shot at the nomination in 2024?

sterlingice 11-15-2020 09:13 AM

Can they actually take him out, though?

I mean, they can damage him but he can seemingly take near infinite damage.

Plus, I think we've seen they're much happier selling their soul (hah) to be by his side rather than go against him.

SI

Ben E Lou 11-15-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasch186 (Post 3314087)
Trump's immediate launching of a 2024 campaign is truly a scary prospect for those of the populace looking to fill the hole in their hearts and minds with conspiracies. You thought Pizzagate and Wayfair were a touchstone, a somewhat normal/not super far acquaintance of mine posted, #notmypedophile on Facebook the other day.... of course within 6 months of stating how Trump, as President, is being disrespectfully treated and any President should not be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albionmoonlight (Post 3314089)
Thinking of this solely from the perspective of GOP presidential hopefuls:

In 2016, things sort of made sense from a game theory perspective for any individual candidate

(1) You thought that there was just no way that Trump would actually win the nomination; and

(2) it made sense for you to hold your fire on Trump as long as possible b/c you wanted his supporters to turn against the other candidates and come into your camp once Trump went down

(It was sort of the opposite of the Dems all coalescing around Biden once it looked like Bernie had a shot)

So you can see how that ended up leading to Trump in a collective action failure sort of way

But now 2024 is coming. And you know that the guy can win. And you know if no one goes after him, he will get the nomination that you want. You have a lot more information than you did in 2016.

So how does it not make sense for the Rubios, Cruzes, etc. to all have a meeting where they agree to take Trump out at the knees pretty soon so that they actually have a shot at the nomination in 2024?

This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right. My 2015 Rubio-ish R friends aren't going to those places...yet. But the 2015 Cruz and farther right ones most certainly are--even some who didn't vote for Trump in 2020. The latter group agrees that Trump is a scumbag, but also believes that big tech and the mainstream media want to silence conservative voices, and that's why they're heading to those places. If that large of a percentage of the right ends up getting the bulk of their political information from a completely unchecked conspiracy theory echo chamber, it's seems to me only a matter of time before it becomes impossible for a Republican politician to win a primary at any level without embracing whatever nonsense is in vogue at Parler/OANN/whatever. And we know that Trump will embrace the worst level of fact-free nonsense.

sterlingice 11-15-2020 09:21 AM

It's basically a giant radicalization engine

SI

Ben E Lou 11-15-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben E Lou (Post 3314094)
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right. My 2015 Rubio-ish R friends aren't going to those places...yet. But the 2015 Cruz and farther right ones most certainly are--even some who didn't vote for Trump in 2020. The latter group agrees that Trump is a scumbag, but also believes that big tech and the mainstream media want to silence conservative voices, and that's why they're heading to those places. If that large of a percentage of the right ends up getting the bulk of their political information from a completely unchecked conspiracy theory echo chamber, it's seems to me only a matter of time before it becomes impossible for a Republican politician to win a primary at any level without embracing whatever nonsense is in vogue at Parler/OANN/whatever. And we know that Trump will embrace the worst level of fact-free nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 3314095)
It's basically a giant radicalization engine

SI

SI, why say in 6 words what can be said in 159??? :confused::confused::confused:

sterlingice 11-15-2020 09:25 AM

Well, I am known far and wide for my brevity... oh wait :p

Hey, give me this one :D

SI