Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Moving cities question (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=84455)

sawblade300 07-11-2012 04:03 PM

Moving cities question

I've read many times and heard from numerous people that moving cities is one of the worst things you can do. But I have a situation that I would like some advise on.

My fan loyalty is horrible (below 25%) and my support for a new stadium is zero. So in this past off season I was thinking of moving. How much worse could it be? Right? But everyone told me not to do that. That I'd have no support and it would take forever to get any. They said, just keep trying to win games and the fans will come. So I stayed.

Well, here it is. Four weeks in to the new season. I've had 3 home games. I'm 2-1 in those games. My team is playing better than it has the last couple years. (I was 6-10 last season). My offense is in the top 10. So is my defense. I'm putting points on the board. The one loss at home was by 2 points with a missed FG. So all in all....things are better and looking up.

Here comes my point to all this...lol. My attendance through those first three games.....ZERO!!!!!:banghead: That's right. Not one fan has come through the gates to watch this team. BTW, I currently have the cheapest ticket prices in the league. So I'm not pricing them out.

So my question is....how much worse could it be if I did move cities? Is this a situation where moving may actually be a good thing? Especially if I move to a city that actually WANTS a team.

Thanks for reading through all this.

RipMurdock 07-12-2012 04:46 PM

Here's some general advice about moving (Stadium Stage):

FOF MP Offseason Helps and Hints - Front Office Football Central

We're in the same league (AUFL) where your attendance issue is occuring. One odd thing is that the attendance chart from the box score for the current 2000 season doesn't list your Club and Luxury Sections:

SectionAttendance
Stadium0,000 (69,100 capacity)
Upper Deck000 (18,600)
End Zone000 (13,400)
Mezzanine000 (7,700)
Sideline Seats000 (11,900)

Those sections were listed in 1999 but disappeared in 2000. Coincidentally, you kept your ticket prices the same from 1999 to 2000 for the Sections listed above. You increased prices for the two sections that are not listed in 2000.

I have no idea what all this means, if anything. Just some observations.

sawblade300 07-13-2012 03:46 PM

Wow. That is odd. I never even noticed that those sections were missing.

Well, what the hell does that mean? lol

Prinzar 07-13-2012 04:21 PM

Attendance's seem odd in the AUFL. The Bears are almost as bad as the Saints and my Wranglers aren't much better. I know we've all tried to improve it over the years with no success

I think you'd be better moving but you may end up with the same problem considering how tough your division is, and how limited your playoff chances may be

Firefly 07-14-2012 11:08 AM

Let's not forget the weirdest thing: the Saints had about 27 thousand attendance last year.

Have you seen the Saints attendance history? It's not the first time this happens.

83 (league's first year) - 42,500
84-88 - zero
89-92 - about 3500
93 - 20,000
94 - 5800
95-99 - 20,000-27,000
2000 so far - zero

Now:

Family of four cost of attending a game - $9 (lowest in the league)

This includes parking, pocorn and the works (!). Meaning you don't wholly control it. If the price of parking increased by 1 dollar (>10%) maybe it scared everyone away.

That's my theory, anyway.

Firefly 07-18-2012 01:02 PM

I actually went back to check on last season's prices, and NO's were $9 as well, so no changes there.

Must be a glitch in the Matrix.