Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tonights Darwin Award Winner (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=49263)

tarcone 04-27-2006 07:40 PM

Tonights Darwin Award Winner

I'm at T-ball practice for my daughter tonight. we are at the khory league park. on the field we are going to practice on is a 9th grade age softball team. They are going to have batting practice with a live pitcher. The girl throws pretty hard. One of the dads gets behind the plate to catch WITH NO GEAR ON. Im thinking what an idiot. I go over to one of the other T-ball dads and point it out. just as i do the batter fouls one straight back into the face of the guy catching. if you have ever heard a softball hit face it was a pretty good mushy sound. i think it broke the guys nose....idiot

Barkeep49 04-27-2006 07:42 PM

WHat a disapointment. From the setup I was looking for a pitch to the groin.

KWhit 04-27-2006 07:43 PM

Did the guy die?

If not, no Darwin award.

Draft Dodger 04-27-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit
Did the guy die?

If not, no Darwin award.

I think they should have an award for people who do dumb things and get hurt but don't die. Derwood Awards?

Rizon 04-27-2006 08:11 PM

Attempted Darwin Award

cuervo72 04-27-2006 08:25 PM

Scopes Award?

Wolfpack 04-27-2006 08:29 PM

I've always awarded them Honorable Mentions, figuring they tried but failed at removing themselves from the gene pool. Lousy ideas, even worse execution. Or luck (good or bad, makes no difference).

sabotai 04-27-2006 08:41 PM

Darwin Awards do award Honorable Mentions for people who don't die.

M GO BLUE!!! 04-27-2006 08:50 PM

Please tell me someone had a video camera...

Masked 04-27-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit
Did the guy die?

If not, no Darwin award.

You do not have to die to get a Darwin award; you just have to be prevented from procreating. Standing behind home plate without any gear is an effective way to ensure that you can never have children.

edit: Since he didn't get hit in the groin, you're right that he would have to die to be eligible.

Franklinnoble 04-27-2006 10:28 PM

Yeah, but he's already procreated, so, no award, no honorable mention.

Edward64 03-11-2018 12:45 PM

Kinda gross but Darwin-like.

Woman Who Gouged Out Her Eyes Reveals Why She Did It | PEOPLE.com
Quote:

Kaylee Muthart, the woman who ripped out her own eyes while in a meth-induced psychotic state last month, is finally home and hopes for a better life after losing her sight.

Muthart was found gouging out her own eyes with her hands outside of a church in Anderson, South Carolina, on February 6. The 20-year-old fought off help from locals while in a state of delirium, and it eventually took a team of deputies to restrain Muthart long enough to transport her to the trauma unit at nearby Greenville Memorial Hospital, where doctors broke the news to Muthart’s mother, Katy Tompkins, that her daughter was completely blind.
:
:
As Muthart walked closer the church while she searching for an acquaintance, she felt time was running out to save the world, she made her sacrifice.

“I proceeded to pull out my eyes with my bare hands and twisted them, and pulled them, and popped them,” she says. “I told the pastor who showed up, ‘Pray for me, I want to see the light, pray for me.’ ”

Today, with the help of her mother, Muthart is working out her experiences of that day, and trying to reconnect her faith.

“I’m learning Genesis to build my foundation,” she says, before letting out a laugh. “When I do something, I go big or go home… obviously. Humor is something that gets me by, laughing, music, that day itself.