Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf - The Game Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=40003)

Peregrine 06-20-2005 01:45 PM

Werewolf - The Game Thread

You should have listened to your friends’ advice “Never travel to Europe on the cheap” they said. Because, for one thing, you ended up in Eastern Europe and for another you ended up in one of the worst (and in this case cursed) hotels.

So here you are in Romania of all places stuck in a run down hotel in some tiny village in the Carpathian Mountains. You have no idea where the next village is but it doesn’t matter anyway because all of the thunderstorms have flooded out the only bridge leading to the village, in addition to cutting the power. You are huddled in the hotel lobby with all of your fellow travelers trying to keep the candles lit which turns out to be difficult with all the drafts.

Finally the hotel manager Peregrine enters and addresses you “I’m afraid I have some bad news. It looks like we’re going to be stuck here for the entire week without any power. The roads are washed out and there’s no way to leave.” You all groan as you calculate what the delay will do to your travel itineraries. “It gets worse” continues Peregrine. “You see, this hotel is…. well, it’s cursed”

“You see, centuries ago a powerful werewolf was killed in this very building by a brave hunter. With his dying words he placed a curse on the building and ever since then, every ten years on the anniversary of his death, a pair werewolves come down from their den in the mountains, assume human form, and eat everybody in the hotel.”

“I don’t know why I accepted your reservations since I knew this would happen, I guess I’m getting old and forgetful. The good news is if you are killed I won’t charge you for the room.”

“That should be all the bad news… Oh, nope, wait there’s more. The wolves are already here you see. Even now two of you sitting in this room are wolves, which two I don’t know. They assume a very convincing human form during the day and if you see them at night, well, then you don’t see anything else ever again.”

“Now listen carefully, there are many more people here than there were ten years ago so I don’t think the wolves will kill you all at once, likely they’ll take one per night until they are equal in number then they’ll finish you off. Your best bet is probably to turn on each other and kill one of yourselves every day hoping to get a wolf. That seems like the sensible thing to do.”

“I take my leave of you now. Best of luck with the wolves and all, come back and see us next year if you’re alive.”

JeeberD 06-20-2005 01:48 PM

I'm skurred...

KWhit 06-20-2005 01:50 PM

Hold me, Jeebs.

Lathum 06-20-2005 01:57 PM

Does this hotel have a hot tub?

JeeberD 06-20-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit
Hold me, Jeebs.

Get away from me, you flea-bitten cur!

timmynausea 06-20-2005 02:00 PM

Lynch Jeeber! (You guys have no idea how long I've been waiting to say this. It just wasn't socially acceptable until now.)

Peregrine 06-20-2005 02:01 PM

I've PMed everyone their roles so we're ready to go. The Seer is free to inform me who they want to view anytime. The rest of you can introduce yourselves and try to catch each other in a web of lies. ;)

BrianD 06-20-2005 02:01 PM

Can we get a posting of all of the players in this thread so we can distinguish the players from the kibitzers?

For my part, I have to say that Eastern Europe is lovely this time of year. As long as I can avoid becoming somebody's bowel movement, I'll be happy.

KWhit 06-20-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD
As long as I can avoid becoming somebody's bowel movement, I'll be happy.

But being lynched is agreeable to you?

Hmmmmm....... Interesting.

Lathum 06-20-2005 02:07 PM

So do we discuss who we lynch now?

Peregrine 06-20-2005 02:07 PM

You spend some time poking around the hotel, which has all the comforts of home, if your home is a decrepit 16th century building that's falling apart and has no electricity, not to mention having a bunch of suspicious looking weirdos inhabiting it. There is a hot tub, but since the power is out it's just a pool of tepid water. However, Lathum is poking around looking for the sauna the first night you're there when he hears a terrible scream, and (like anyone would) goes to investigate alone. He finds the terribly mauled body of the innkeeper Peregrine, who has apparently booked his last "Romantik Honimoon Advanture" (from some of the brochures you've seen around.) The old man's last words are a gasped "Avenge my death...by randomly lynching someone. It's the Romanian way!" Then he dies.

Feel free to talk among yourselves, but the rest of you are going to stay in your rooms at night from now on. Apparently someone read in a AAA guide that cursed werewolf-infested hotels are not safe at night. You have until Tuesday at 7 pm to cast your votes on who will be lynched, and you can change your votes as many times as you want until then.

Peregrine 06-20-2005 02:08 PM

The players:

KWhit
BrianD
Eaglesfan27
Fonzie
KevinNU7
George W Bush
Mustang
Condors
Warhammer
Desnudo
Lathum

JeeberD 06-20-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine
You have until Tuesday at 7 pm to cast your votes .

What time zone?

Peregrine 06-20-2005 02:11 PM

I'm going to say Eastern unless there any objections, easier for me to keep track of.

Lathum 06-20-2005 02:11 PM

Well I am now scarred for life.

Joe 06-20-2005 02:13 PM

can we lynch Jeeber yet?

JeeberD 06-20-2005 02:14 PM

:(

Peregrine 06-20-2005 02:16 PM

Feel free to introduce yourselves as innocent travellers stranded in the hotel, etc. Or introduce yourselves as werewolves if you have a death wish! When you want to officially vote to lynch someone, just do it in BOLD, like VOTE XYZ

Warhammer 06-20-2005 02:20 PM

I'd like to introduce my self as a 70-ton hunk of metal with a pair of PPCs...

OOPS! Sorry, wrong thread.

I think we should lynch GWB, he's responsible for us being in this hellhole! Last time I listen to him, "Romania has the missing WMD's he says..."

BrianD 06-20-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit
But being lynched is agreeable to you?

Hmmmmm....... Interesting.

I guess I'd like to avoid the lynching as well. It seems less awful than being eaten, but I suppose dead is dead.

BrianD 06-20-2005 02:23 PM

While we are waiting for daybreak and the ability to walk around safely, would anyone like a nice salad? Vegetarianism is a nice lifestyle. :)

Warhammer 06-20-2005 02:23 PM

Dead is dead, unless you are the UNdead...

Joe 06-20-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhammer
I'd like to introduce my self as a 70-ton hunk of metal with a pair of PPCs...

OOPS! Sorry, wrong thread.

I think we should lynch GWB, he's responsible for us being in this hellhole! Last time I listen to him, "Romania has the missing WMD's he says..."

We found the factories for making WMD, but the werewolves have stolen the enriched uranium.

Warhammer 06-20-2005 02:24 PM

Oh, did anyone remember to bring their silver bullets along for the trip?

condors 06-20-2005 02:29 PM

i don't know about Jeeber but I always wanted to lynch George W Bush :)

JeeberD 06-20-2005 02:31 PM

My vote for lynching goes to Mustang since he doesn't understand that two pies for $1 is better than one pie for $.79... ;)

Warhammer 06-20-2005 02:37 PM

No, I think we need to go after one of those silent types, their the ones you gotta watch out for!

Joe 06-20-2005 02:45 PM

yep, the werewolves would be the quiet, sneaky guys. who havent we heard from yet?

JeeberD 06-20-2005 02:47 PM

KWhit, the flea-bitten cur, has been quiet all of a sudden.

Hmmm...

Fonzie 06-20-2005 02:51 PM

So, would simply saying "I'm not a werewolf" suffice?

Warhammer 06-20-2005 02:53 PM

On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Fonzie 06-20-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeberD

Hmmm...

I agree. LET'S GET HIM!

timmynausea 06-20-2005 02:55 PM

If Jeeber was the werewolf do you really think he would silent? Come on. He would have 10,000 werewolf posts, and we all know it. There's only one way to be safe. To the gallows!

Quote:

On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Um...no?

BrianD 06-20-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Nice, I just listened to this CD yesterday.

Will he offer me is mouth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmynausea
If Jeeber was the werewolf do you really think he would silent? Come on. He would have 10,000 werewolf posts, and we all know it. There's only one way to be safe. To the gallows!

I agree. LET'S GET HIM!

JeeberD 06-20-2005 02:58 PM

Et tu, Fonzie? Damn Toro SOB... :mad:

No way I'm a werewolf, fellas. I go to sleep too damn early.

timmynausea 06-20-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Et tu, Fonzie? Damn Toro SOB... :mad:

No way I'm a werewolf, fellas. I go to sleep too damn early.

Early in the morning after a long night of maiming and wolfing about!

Mustang 06-20-2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

My vote for lynching goes to Mustang since he doesn't understand that two pies for $1 is better than one pie for $.79... ;)

Hey Hey HEY! Why does a man need 2 pies? I mean.. um..

nevermind.

Lathum 06-20-2005 03:02 PM

I gotta go with Jeeber, I've been hearing howling coming from just north of where I live.

Fonzie 06-20-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang
Hey Hey HEY! Why does a man need 2 pies? I mean.. um..

nevermind.

JeeberD's right! LET'S GET HIM!

Joe 06-20-2005 03:04 PM

we vote in this thread right? and not by PM?

Warhammer 06-20-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianD
Nice, I just listened to this CD yesterday.

Will he offer me is mouth?

Yes...

I mean yes, it is a great album. One of the ones I always have in the car. Gotta love "Bat Out of Hell." That said, I always wanted to have a context to use that line in!

Warhammer 06-20-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmynausea
Early in the morning after a long night of maiming and wolfing about!

I thought we have the same effect on werewolves that turkeys have on us!

Mustang 06-20-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzie
JeeberD's right! LET'S GET HIM!

I nominate JeeberD for Lynchin ... It's just unnatural for one man to be able to eat 2 pies...

KWhit 06-20-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Hmmm...

It's called work, werewolf.

And as we all know, werewolves cannot hold down jobs. People with jobs have less time to post. So we need to look for the guy who has an obscene number of posts and lynch him since he is obviously a werewolf.

I wonder who that would be....

BrianD 06-20-2005 03:10 PM

dola

Quote:

Yes...

I mean yes, it is a great album. One of the ones I always have in the car. Gotta love "Bat Out of Hell." That said, I always wanted to have a context to use that line in!

I tend to keep it in the car at all times too. Of course by the time I get to the end of the CD I am hoarse and unable to talk to anyone for the rest of the day. :)

JeeberD 06-20-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George W Bush
we vote in this thread right? and not by PM?

Yup. From the other thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine
Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are cast by placing bold text in a post like this VOTE PLAYER A.

JeeberD 06-20-2005 03:12 PM

Dola-

You fools! You don't know what you're doing by attempting to lynch me! Only I can protect you from the evil werewolves among us!!!

BrianD 06-20-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Dola-

You fools! You don't know what you're doing by attempting to lynch me! Only I can protect you from the evil werewolves among us!!!

Anyone really buy this? :)