Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CLXVII - The Wheel of Time - Game Over (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90111)

Autumn 03-16-2015 09:37 AM

Werewolf CLXVII - The Wheel of Time - Game Over

Quote:

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

In this world much has become myth, but some say it is time for the wheel to turn again. Every boy or girl knows that though the Dark One is locked away from the world, his Shadow still lies upon it, and it must be opposed by forces of the Light. When it comes time that the Dark One begins to break free of his prison there will be only one who can stop him, the Dragon Reborn, though he will break the world in doing so, as he always has.

Rumors spread of men who proclaim themselves the Dragon, gathering armies to them, and causing as much chaos and ruin as the Shadow itself does. They are false of course, but eventually the true Dragon must emerge, and oppose the forces of the Shadow. Hopefully the people of the world will lift their eyes from their petty rivalries and politics and join him.

1 Fontisian - Killed Night 1 - Tear - Tinker
2 The Jackal - Killed Night 2 - Aes Sedai - Red Ajah
3 Eagle Fan - Lynched Day 1 - Aes Sedai - Brown Ajah
4 Grover - Lynched Day 3 - Illian - Male Channeler
5 Chief Rum - Killed Night 3 - Tear - Warder
6 Narcizo
7 Raven
8 britrock88
9 path12
10 cheekimonk
11 Vaimes - Lynched Day 4 - Aiel - Villager
12 timmae
13 CoffeeWarlord - Killed Night 4 - Aiel - Villager
14 Glengoyne
15 Zinto
16 MartinD - Died Night 3 - Aes Sedai - Green Ajah

THE BASICS
  • Don't quote any PMs directly in thread
  • Don't talk about the game outside of the thread
  • Don't edit your posts during the game
  • Vote by writing VOTE NAME in bold in your post on its own line
  • Unvote by writing UNVOTE NAME in bold on its own line
  • Nightfall votes will be accepted but will have to be unanimous, and once entered your vote may not be changed.
  • Tie votes will be settled by either lynching both parties or lynching neither one. It's unclear which.

THE DEADLINE

• Voting Deadline is 9 PM EST; votes timestamped 8:59 will count, votes stamped 9:00 will not.
  • Night Action Deadline is 10 PM EST; actions timestamped 9:59 will count, actions stamped 10:00 will not

THE START

• Villagers receive the message: "You are a villager from Faction (X)." Details of that faction follow.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS
  • If you die in this game, please still do not discuss the game with others. There is the possibility that you could still impact the game at a later point.
  • There are faction and role-dependent goals possible in this game. Please play fully to support all your character goals.
  • The Shadow will not have the ability to convert others to their cause in this game.

The World of the Wheel of Time

Channeling

In this world there are some who have been gifted, or cursed, with the ability to touch the One Source, that power that turns the Wheel of Time and creates all things. Those with this ability can do amazing and unbelievable things. For that they are admired, feared or shunned. The act of weaving the power of the One Source is known as Channeling, and it comes in two distinct varieties.

Female Channelers - Women who can channel touch the female half of the Source, known as Saidar. Any woman with this ability is brought to the White Tower where she learns to use it in the service of the Aes Sedai. These women are the ones who have held back the influence of the Shadow for thousands of years.

Male Channelers - Men who channel touch a separate half of the Source, called Saidin. However, when the Dark One was sealed away he tainted Saidin, so that no man can channel for long without being driven insane. They are a true threat to the world, having Broken it once before. But it is assumed that when the Dragon returns, he will be a channeler, as have been many of the false Dragons in the past. Without the ability to channel will he able to face the Dark One? With it will he go insane and destroy the world before he saves it?

The Light

Despite the danger of the Shadow, the world goes on, nations divide and conquer, people spread and change. The world of the Wheel of Time has many nations, many people. Each character in the game belongs to one of those and that alters their interest and goals in fighting the Shadow.

Aes Sedai

The sisters of the White Tower take binding oaths to protect the world from possible abuses of the power of channeling. Sworn to avoid taking any sides in political conflicts or wars, they serve as advisors to heads of state, using the wisdom and power the White Tower has developed over thousands of years for the betterment of humankind. They are sworn as well to combat the Shadow, having been the steady force opposing the Dark One ever since the last Dragon and the Breaking of the World.

The Aes Sedai are divided up into groups called Ajah, and denoted by a color. Each Ajah specializes in different skills and tasks.

Yellow Ajah - the Yellow sisters focus on tending to the sick and keeping people safe. They are most adept at weaves which heal or protect from harm.
Brown Ajah - the Brown sisters are curious researchers, always gathering knowledge. They are most adept at weaves which divulge information or determine the truth.
Blue Ajah - the Blue sisters are idealists, proponents of noble causes. Their skills lie in understanding the weave of destiny and the fulfillmment of prophecies.
Red Ajah - the Red Ajah tasks itself with dealing with male channelers. Determined to keep these men from causing terrible tragedies in their insanity, the Red sisters are adept at finding and shielding these men who can channel, preventing them from using their ability. Once caught, the Red gentle these men, removing their ability to channel completely and forever.
Green Ajah- the Green sisters are the sisters of battle, ready to fight for what is right. They are best known for their love of having Warders, one is always seen at the side of a Green sister.
Warders - Some Aes Sedai bond men to them as Warders. The mysterious weaves which create the bond produce a link between the two, so that each can always sense the others location and emotions. In addition, the link provides the Warder with an increase in stamina and strength, so that he can keep his bonded Aes Sedai safe. While some Green sisters are known to have more than one Warder, it is most typical to have one.

Aiel

Living apart from the other nations, in the desert known was The Waste, the Aiel are mysterious figures to most. Experts at survival in a bleak, dry land, the Aiel are known to be deadly warriors, ruthless plunderers in conflict, and hold to a stringent code of honor. Their prophecies prepare them for the time when the Dragon returns, who they believe will become their leader and return them to the glories of the past.

Illian

A nation adjacent to Tear, the people of Illian are best known at this time for their Hunters of the Horn. Seekers of the legendary Horn of Valere (see Items), the Hunters range from Ilian far and wide throughout the land hoping to be the one that will find the Horn and go down in legend.

Tear

Known for its fortress, the Stone of Tear, which has never been conquered, the people of Tear are proud of their history. Deep within their fortress is kept Callandor, a legendary crystal sword which it is said can only be drawn by the True Dragon. The keepers of the Stone hold it secure for the day when the Dragon returns.

The Shadow

Darkfriends

The most terrifying thing about the servants of the Shadow is that they could be anywhere. Said to keep to a secret network that spreads throughout the world, the Darkfriends scheme and plot and yet look just like the rest of us.

Black Ajah

People speak of the Shadow in whispers, but of the Black Ajah they don't even speak. The sisters of the Aes Sedai are bound by mystic rites to fight the Shadow, yet this doesn't stop the world from suspecting that some of them have slipped those bonds and serve the Dark One. The idea of an Aes Sedai, full of power and privilege, serving the Shadow is a terrifying one indeed, because they would have the ability to even escape or defeat the Aes Sedai themselves.

Forsaken

In contrast, the Forsaken are described to every boy and girl, a bogeyman of legend. The most fervent followers of the Dark One in the past, they were wielders of the Power in the days of Legend, capable of things that are no longer even imagined. They were sealed away when the Dark One was, but not so tightly, and before the Dark One escapes, they will. It is possible one walks the world right now, his abilities so far beyond those of the Aes Sedai that they could stand in front of him and not recognize him. The Forsaken have existed for thousands of years, and while they rule the Shadow their goals and plans are unfathomable to us.

Items

There are items of great power or significance in this world, and some may come to impact hte battle between the Light and the Shadow.

Ter'Angreal

These items are of use only to those who can channel, but for those individuals possession of a Ter'Angreal can greatly increase their abilities. Access to such a large source of power can allow them to amplify their weaves, or attempt things which they have never been able to do before.

Ter'Angreals are attuned to either the male half or the female half of the Source, and are useless to channelers of the wrong gender.

The Horn of Valere

This legendary item appears to be a typical horn, but if blown it calls from another realm the legendary Heroes of the Horn, men and women of legend and myth who have fought the Shadow for Ages upon Ages. Quite a bit of help when in a bind. These heroes are bound to the Wheel of Time to combat the Shadow, and the horn will be of great help to the Light at the Last Battle. The Shadow conspires to keep it out of the hands of those who could put it to use.

Callandor

This crystal sword is not meant for sword fighting, but instead is a type of angreal, made in the time of legend and of amazing power. It could be quite a boon to a male channeler who holds it, but it is locked away and guarded with many wards in the hands of the people of Tear. It is said only the Dragon can take it from there, but it could be of great use to any male channeler come the Last Battle.

Warder's Cloak

Much of a Warder's ability comes from his bond with his Aes Sedai, but of use also is his cloak. Woven with color-changing cloth, this makes the warder very difficult to spot, and so difficult to attack.

THE MECHANICS

The exact mechanics of the game will remain hidden from view. Some of it you could guess from the world information, though some could lead you astray. Here you will find a few hints to keep you from becoming lost.

The game is divided into 4 factions (Aes Sedai, Aiel, Tear and Illlian). Each of these factions will hope not only to win the game (assuming they serve the Light) but also to be the ruling faction by game end. The ruling faction will be the one that has the majority of members alive when the game ends. Factions may have additional victory goals or abilities as well.

There are items in this game, each with different rules. It is possible in most cases for items to be passed, and this action would occur at night before all other actions.

There are 5 Aes Sedai characters in the game. Each has a different ability depending on their Ajah.

There is exactly 1 Forsaken in the game, and a number of Black Ajah and Darkfriends.

There is the possibility of independent players and additional player goals.

fontisian 03-16-2015 10:18 AM

I'm in.

The Jackal 03-16-2015 10:22 AM

i call thom

The Jackal 03-16-2015 10:23 AM

who am i kidding, there's so many characters i like, but yes sign me up

EagleFan 03-16-2015 10:38 AM

In

Grover 03-16-2015 10:38 AM

In!

Chief Rum 03-16-2015 10:43 AM

I have never read the Wheel of Time. Because there are too many books.

So this is as close as I am probably gonna get.

In.

Narcizo 03-16-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 3010782)
I have never read the Wheel of Time. Because there are too many books.

So this is as close as I am probably gonna get.

In.

QFT

Raven 03-16-2015 11:17 AM

In.

I also have an idea for a game, but am still working out the details.

britrock88 03-16-2015 11:32 AM

In.

(This is a good week to take off with the NCAA tourney coming... though that could just be me. :) )

path12 03-16-2015 11:33 AM

I'll go again. I only read the first book.

JAG 03-16-2015 12:20 PM

Unfortunately I probably can't do this one due to vacation the following week.

cheekimonk 03-16-2015 12:27 PM

In

Vaimes 03-16-2015 02:35 PM

I'll be in.

Autumn 03-16-2015 05:12 PM

Good start. Keep 'em comin'.

timmae 03-16-2015 06:12 PM

In. What is wheel of time?

Shoveler 03-16-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3011001)
In. What is wheel of time?

A really good, but long, fantasy series.

cheekimonk 03-16-2015 06:52 PM

Mostly Robert Jordan then Brandon Sanderson, timmae. Start reading now and you can be done by start of WW game CCCLXVII.

timmae 03-16-2015 08:49 PM

I will have to purchase the cliff notes... Or just fumble my way through dying on day 2. ;)

The Jackal 03-17-2015 10:21 AM

It's a really well written series, there's only one book I can recall thinking "get the f on with the plot already". But then I'm a sucker for character development and 14 books allows for some pretty intense character development.

EagleFan 03-17-2015 05:10 PM

vote fontisian/fontesian/fontisean/fontesean

One of those...

Just practicing. :) :devil:

fontisian 03-17-2015 05:18 PM

The name actual means something, EF. It's like me calling you EableFan.

EagleFan 03-17-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 3011342)
The name actual means something, EF. It's like me calling you EableFan.

EableFan, I like it. :D

What's the story behind the name?

fontisian 03-17-2015 07:55 PM

Fontis is the generative case in Latin for fountain. When I was about 12, my friends and I created and wrote a number of stories set in Ver Fontis, so named because of it fountains of life energy. Fontisian is a nostalgic reference to that part of my childhood.

EagleFan 03-17-2015 08:13 PM

Cool, nice story behind it.

The Jackal 03-18-2015 09:18 AM

I just like Bruce Willis movies and assassins

Chief Rum 03-18-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3011512)
I just like Bruce Willis movies and assassins

Heh heh

Autumn 03-20-2015 11:02 AM

I'd really like to see ten more folks signed up. Now that I'm back I'll go advertise in Off Topic, but I would appreciate any recruiting you can do.

Coffee Warlord 03-20-2015 11:23 AM

I expect multiple paragraphs detailing dresses, and the quality of the china.

And much sniffing and braid pulling.

What the hell. I'll do one.

Chief Rum 03-20-2015 11:37 AM

Hey, Autumn, not sure you noticed, but timmae said he would be in, too. I noticed he wasn't on your list.

Autumn 03-20-2015 01:13 PM

Thanks, Chief, I missed that!

Thomkal 03-20-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3010766)
i call thom

thom answers but not playing :) I will be reading though and I suspect I will be reading a lot of "Nynaeve tugs at her braids and scowls at everybody in the room."

Glengoyne 03-20-2015 07:20 PM

I'm in. Is this the right/only place I need to state that?

Chief Rum 03-20-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glengoyne (Post 3012238)
I'm in. Is this the right/only place I need to state that?

Perfect.

timmae 03-20-2015 09:50 PM

I have a nice bottle of lagavulin ready to roll for this one! Who's in? :)

EagleFan 03-20-2015 09:55 PM

timmae has been a lot quieter this game...

vote timmae

:)

timmae 03-21-2015 09:17 AM

EF... You still have a meta pass day 1 for running an awesome game. That may or may not continue to future games if you keep voting me!

EagleFan 03-21-2015 12:23 PM

If we can convince PurdueBrad to play I can go back to voting him on day one. :)

Autumn 03-22-2015 08:42 AM

I'd love people to reach out to anyone not signed up right now. I'm swamped or else I would do it, but we need a few more folks.

Zinto 03-23-2015 06:51 AM

I will join. I have a busy week so I won't be as active as I usually am.(Same as with Jackal's game)

Autumn 03-23-2015 07:33 AM

We're getting enough to almost make this work. I would love to get to 20. There's got to be 5 more veterans who haven't jumped in to play with all this new blood.

MartinD 03-23-2015 09:59 AM

I'm interested in taking part, if you're still looking...

The Jackal 03-23-2015 03:03 PM

MORE

timmae 03-23-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 3012983)
MORE

WOLF!

The Jackal 03-23-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3012985)
WOLF!

PERRIN IS AWESOME WHAT OF IT

timmae 03-23-2015 03:18 PM

Jean Baptiste?!! That dude rocked!

The Jackal 03-23-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 3012988)
Jean Baptiste?!! That dude rocked!