Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Stadium is stuck (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96782)

QuikSand 05-29-2020 11:57 AM

Stadium is stuck

Just took the reins in a venerable MP league. My team, WAS, has a stadium with 21,200 club seats. Seems to render my entire stadium untouchable... that's more than the game allows, so leaving that number in place makes my proposal illegal and rejected before being submitted. But there's some hard-coding making it impossible to reduce the number of club seats in a proposal, as well. So I can do...nothing?

Don't see how this could have happened in-game... maybe it's a bad default setting for that particular city.

Any thoughts? (unlikely)

NawlinsFan 05-29-2020 02:12 PM

Sorry, no help here. I went back in and looked at what the commish is allowed to do and there's nothing there I could see that would allow them to override a configuration.

Pyser 05-30-2020 10:58 AM

you're able to build a new one?

QuikSand 05-30-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyser (Post 3283286)
you're able to build a new one?

hmm, prob didn't even check... but I'd assume so, the rule against reducing seating wouldn't make sense for a new build... so yeah, I'll check that next season if I'm up to this challenge

thanks (duh to me)

NawlinsFan 05-30-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSand (Post 3283370)
hmm, prob didn't even check... but I'd assume so, the rule against reducing seating wouldn't make sense for a new build... so yeah, I'll check that next season if I'm up to this challenge

thanks (duh to me)

Good luck. In the various leagues I have been in I never, never had any stadium alterations approved. I don't know but it sure seems that the approval rate for alterations alone almost never get approved, much less requesting a rebuild. Then again, any team I inherited was always in financial hell so that made it all but impossible.

Sharkn20 05-31-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3283378)
Good luck. In the various leagues I have been in I never, never had any stadium alterations approved. I don't know but it sure seems that the approval rate for alterations alone almost never get approved, much less requesting a rebuild. Then again, any team I inherited was always in financial hell so that made it all but impossible.

Approval for new projects is directly related to Fan Support, always offer to cover half of the payment of whatever you want to do.

Strong fan support and half of the payment equals acceptance of the project. I had several approvals in all my MP and SP leagues.

NawlinsFan 05-31-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkn20 (Post 3283434)
Approval for new projects is directly related to Fan Support, always offer to cover half of the payment of whatever you want to do.

Strong fan support and half of the payment equals acceptance of the project. I had several approvals in all my MP and SP leagues.

Yes and are not your finances in large part driven by attendance which is tied to fan support? Poor attendance, high roster costs and your in financial hell. Can you crawl your way out? Sure, may take awhile depending on how much damage there is.

garion333 06-10-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NawlinsFan (Post 3283524)
Yes and are not your finances in large part driven by attendance which is tied to fan support? Poor attendance, high roster costs and your in financial hell. Can you crawl your way out? Sure, may take awhile depending on how much damage there is.

You can crawl your way out, but it takes a looooooooong time if you're taking over a losing franchise. A losing team with a loser stadium puts you in bad position for a long time with the horrid Staff Draft position you get, which further handicaps you.

NawlinsFan 06-10-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garion333 (Post 3285454)
You can crawl your way out, but it takes a looooooooong time if you're taking over a losing franchise. A losing team with a loser stadium puts you in bad position for a long time with the horrid Staff Draft position you get, which further handicaps you.

EXACTLY! Can it be done, Yes! But you have to be in it for the very long haul. Some league franchises have suffered because of the lack of consistency.