Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Baseball Text-Based Sims (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   PureSim Baseball v1.61 Released (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=59900)

Shaun Sullivan 07-22-2007 01:39 PM

PureSim Baseball v1.61 Released

For any PureSimmers out there, we released a new patch today. It has some really nice tweaks for historical simmers and introduces multiplayer that uses free PureSim-provided web space, so you don't need to have your own FTP space to run a multiplayer league.

I'm having a lot of fun, so I'll probably continue to crank out some more free updates over the summer as I split time with developing next year's version of the game.

Download and readme links are here

Shaun

st.cronin 07-22-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan (Post 1508099)
and introduces multiplayer that uses free PureSim-provided web space, so you don't need to have your own FTP space to run a multiplayer league.

woah

lcjjdnh 07-22-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

For any PureSimmers out there, we released a new patch today. It has some really nice tweaks for historical simmers and introduces multiplayer that uses free PureSim-provided web space, so you don't need to have your own FTP space to run a multiplayer league.

Does anyone have any interest in setting up a FOFC MP PureSim league (preferably historical)?

kenparker23 07-22-2007 05:22 PM

Just a note of support for this game. I think this is the best baseball game on the market. I have a small 16 team fictional league going. Never had more fun with a text sim. I'm in the LCS right now. The game is simple, but also very deep. As an old baseball fan, (who still likes to keep a scorecard at games), I just wanted to say thanks to Shaun for sticking with the game and look forward to the next release.

Flasch186 07-22-2007 05:30 PM

since I got a new laptop I dont have it anymore but I do have my receipt. can I simply redownload it, update it and register it to work? fingers crossed, downloading now.

cody8200 07-22-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

I'm having a lot of fun, so I'll probably continue to crank out some more free updates over the summer as I split time with developing next year's version of the game.

Shaun

Shaun, I thought you said you weren't going to continue making tha game? I hope youy are...I just didn't know you were.

sabotai 07-22-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cody8200 (Post 1508176)
Shaun, I thought you said you weren't going to continue making tha game? I hope youy are...I just didn't know you were.

He did, but he posted not too long ago that he was coming out of retirement.

Flasch186 07-22-2007 05:48 PM

nevermind i see i bought some thing on their site that lets me redownload it.

lighthousekeeper 07-22-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcjjdnh (Post 1508111)
Does anyone have any interest in setting up a FOFC MP PureSim league (preferably historical)?

no interest in setting one up - but major interest in playing in one.

Joe 07-22-2007 06:56 PM

great..

lcjjdnh 07-22-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper (Post 1508198)
no interest in setting one up - but major interest in playing in one.

I actually intended to say forming, but, much like you, I'm in the 'really want to play, but not run' boat.

ozias 07-22-2007 08:26 PM

Shaun, I just noticed my version is the 1.15 beta of 2007, can I upgrade to the latest version for free, or do I need to make another purchase?

RedKingGold 07-22-2007 08:49 PM

Hmm...if an MP league got set up, it'd be enough for me to get a new baseball sim

FBPro 07-22-2007 09:57 PM

Count me in on one.

Dutch 07-23-2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Shaun

I like your style. I better check this out.

PadresFan104 07-24-2007 04:24 PM

Small bug was found in 1.61 with the display of All Star Selections on the PSPN screen, so Shaun responded with an acknowledgement of the bug and some good news.

Its a bug. I'll post an update soon, I have been doing some more tweaking and fixes in other areas as well. Should have another update soon. I'm even folding in some of the AI tweaks I had coded for PS 2009 into the PureSim 2007 for good measure!

Shaun

DanGarion 07-24-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Shaun

I remember the good ol days with OOTP used to offer something like this. Then they decided to quadruple the space the game needed for online use and drop the free web space...

Peregrine 07-24-2007 07:09 PM

I bought Puresim baseball today, I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm not really a baseball fan anymore, I remain a baseball statistics fan, and Puresim is perfect so far for how I want to mess around with a sim.

lighthousekeeper 07-24-2007 09:52 PM

I bought yesterday.

PadresFan104 07-25-2007 03:00 PM

I hope I'm not stealing Shaun's thunder, but if you play the game, check out the new PureSimmer Community that was just launched...

http://puresimmers.ning.com/