Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dark Cloud's Personal Playground (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Playoff rules ? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86618)

Young Drachma 02-20-2013 09:03 PM

Playoff rules ?

I sort of ram-rodded the death of the CPR rule. It wasn't really meant to be like that, but...I thought there needed to be some consistency on the rule. My original intent with that rule was to increase interest and participation and to "give everyone a shot" but...I am curious to hear what folks think about the playoffs and how they ought to be.

This is a non-binding poll, so alas we'll do multiple choice. I'm just looking for feedback for future reference. No matter what got decided here, the playoffs for this upcoming year will remain as they are now, so any prospective changes wouldn't happen until the 1871 season at the absolute earliest.

Young Drachma 02-20-2013 09:07 PM

Notice there is no 4 teams (only division champs) option. I considered adding one, but in a 20 team league with 20 active owners, that just seems too small to me...unless there was a significant majority in favor of such a change.

robster1225 02-20-2013 09:20 PM

I prefer smaller playoffs. So I voted for both of the 6 team options. I do prefer the division champs and 1 wild card, but I'm not sure I have any real substantial reasoning for that preference.

sttfrk 02-20-2013 09:31 PM

I voted for division winners plus 1 wild card since we have divisions. Really though, since we played a balance schedule, we could do away with the divisions and just have the top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs.

Young Drachma 02-21-2013 12:33 AM

No love for the CPR Rule!

Young Drachma 02-21-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sttfrk (Post 2786008)
I voted for division winners plus 1 wild card since we have divisions. Really though, since we played a balance schedule, we could do away with the divisions and just have the top 4 teams in each league make the playoffs.

I sort of hate 4-team playoffs because a top seed goes all year cleaning the clock of the #4 and then lose to them in the 1st round. I don't mind it as much if that team has to clear a hurdle first while more tired.

Gomer 02-21-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Drachma (Post 2786031)
I sort of hate 4-team playoffs because a top seed goes all year cleaning the clock of the #4 and then lose to them in the 1st round. I don't mind it as much if that team has to clear a hurdle first while more tired.

:+1:

Young Drachma 02-25-2013 09:54 PM

After this year of top 3 teams in league regardless of division, we'll go back to division champs and wild card (regardless of division) starting next year, based on this poll's results. Not definitive, but more spoke up for that option than keeping it how it is and that's over 60% of the league if I voted too.