Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Eastbound and Down? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=71412)

lungs 03-19-2009 12:14 PM

Eastbound and Down?

Anybody watch this show on HBO? I think they've modeled the show after John Rocker. For those unfamiliar, it's about a fucked up ex-pitcher with a nice mullet trying to make it back to the big leagues even though he is a drunken cokehead.

I think the show is fucking hilarious. Will Farrell plays a part and I believe after seeing the credits he has something more to do with it.

JS19 03-19-2009 12:41 PM

i think there was a thread started about this show, but im in the same boat, absolutely love it....it's definitely one of those shows you will either love or hate, depends on the type of humor you like, but im a huge dan mcbride fan, and love that type of horrible taste humor they display throughout the show

lungs 03-19-2009 01:00 PM

I did a search that didn't bring anything up so....

Yeah. It's an either love or hate show. Definitely my type of humor.

I thought of John Rocker right away, but it's a combination of John Rocker and Mitch Williams with a cocaine habit thrown in for good measure.

sachmo71 03-19-2009 01:01 PM

Yeah, I like Dan McBride a lot. I really enjoy the show.

CamEdwards 03-19-2009 01:45 PM

I saw the first episode and it didn't really grab me.

Subby 03-19-2009 02:04 PM

Danny McBride is great, he is probably one of my favorite comedic actors (his character made Pineapple Express go from good to great).

That said, the show isn't really working for me right now. Still watching, still got it on season's pass, but the minor characters are really bad and the story doesn't have a lot of legs.

stevew 07-03-2012 02:45 AM

Okay, recently watched the complete series. Very enjoyable in many ways. Obviously it's just brain junk food, but from time to time McBride was brilliant. Loved the season 3 Shane arc. Surprised the show didn't have a bigger following here.

Anyways...

'Eastbound & Down' will return to HBO | Inside TV | EW.com

Wtf? I'm a pretty big fan and this just seems completely unnecessary. They better have a better angle than "Kenny wants one more chance" on this season.

Butter 07-03-2012 06:24 AM

Seems odd that they will bring it back, but I will watch every last ridiculous minute. This show is awesome.

JediKooter 07-03-2012 10:33 AM

Wow. Thought season 3 was the end. Cool.

PilotMan 07-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 (Post 2682817)
Seems odd that they will bring it back, but I will watch every last ridiculous minute. This show is awesome.

+1

Grover 07-03-2012 06:51 PM

I thought the episode with Black Biker Week was phenomenal. That and the 4th of July party episode.