Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2014 Roster + 2015&2016 Draft Classes (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=90378)

ferynn 06-07-2015 04:15 AM

2014 Roster + 2015&2016 Draft Classes

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

EDIT3 : (11thFeb) Here is the latest version of the 2016 draft file, updated to represent what happened during the 2015 college football season. This version has 730 players (+ 70 fillers to reach the 800-limit). I tried to be as thorough as possible, but there might be a few mistakes here and there. Don't hesitate to flag them and I'll try to correct them. The grades should represent what draftniks think about players right now, pre-combine.
One last thing, did a few trials with scouting accuracy of 45, and let me tell you, scouting is hard like in real life ^^
Have fun fellow GMs !!

EDIT4 : Well guys, big news (or at least I'd like to think so). Here are the draft files for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 season ! Prospects names, colleges, and positional rankings should all be accurate. I hope you'll exjoy them, it took me a good chunk of my last few weeks.

Ferynn

antdroid 06-08-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferynn (Post 3031815)
Hi all,

I recently discovered FOF7 and found it was an amazing game. After a few weeks playing I spotted problems with existing rosters like players getting waived when they were good starters in 2014 IRL. And while I was at it, I attempted to create the 2015 draft class and hopefully it will reflect nicely what has been happening in the 2014 college season + the draft process.

Anyways, hope you guys can give it a go and enjoy these. Feel free to comment, it is always a pleasure to try and improve the current work.

Some comments on the files:
The roster has 2107 real-life players with an exponential distribution of overall grades. Haven't touched to the contracts for fear to mess with in-game cap too much.
The draft class had 802 players. Once again, the grading is pretty exponential, but let's keep in mind that the randomness in game is what makes things interesting and...well, random :) I started 5 different seasons and had encouraging results when it comes to sticking to real-life expectations, with a few surprises as well. So pretty much what I was hoping for.

Cheers,

Ferynn

I'm glad to see this is finally out with all your hard work on this! I'll try this out this week!

ferynn 06-14-2015 02:18 PM

Hi guys,

A quick EDIT: I tweaked a few things in the files, and I created the 2016 draft class as well. It will be less detailed than the 2015 one, but because we are missing a lot of info as it is still quite early.

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy !! Please comment as I always welcome (constructive) opinions and ideas.

Cydver 06-21-2015 12:27 PM

Hey man, this is awesome work and remarkably accurate, but I noticed that the 2015 draft class is a year younger than it should be across the board. Any chance you could share the csv so I can change the birthdates? I'd also like to ensure that Amari Cooper is the #1 receiver in the class, sometimes he gets shafted way below a bunch of average guys.

ferynn 06-22-2015 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cydver (Post 3035509)
Hey man, this is awesome work and remarkably accurate, but I noticed that the 2015 draft class is a year younger than it should be across the board. Any chance you could share the csv so I can change the birthdates?

You're very welcome. I must say that I have been pretty underwhelmed by the reaction (or lack thereof) to these files. ANy feedback, positive or negative regardless, is always appreciated when one puts time and effort into something. But yeah, thanks for that :)
I checked and you're right. In-game they are all one year younger. The problem does not come from the csv file though, as my YoB (which is the only thing you can set) are accurate (for most prospects). The problem I think comes from the fact that FoF7 worked as a 2013 season update, so there must be a kind of offset when translating that into a draft file. Since when you create a roster file the default starting year is 2013 unless you change it, I am pretty sure it comes from something similar.
BUT, with that being said, I will modify the YoB in the files for the 2015 and 2016 classes and repost them tonight (GMT).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cydver (Post 3035509)
I'd also like to ensure that Amari Cooper is the #1 receiver in the class, sometimes he gets shafted way below a bunch of average guys.

Yeah, and that's the whole point of the randomness of the ratings, as well as how good your scouting team is. I tried 10 different imports, and I have seen such things A LOT, which is ultimately good. It doesn't allow you to know in advance if the prospect is a sure thing or not. And this gives a HUGE replay ability to the different careers you start. For example, over these 10 test runs, I've seen Mariota be the #1 overall prospect&pick, to being the 2nd QB drafted behind Winston in the 1st round, to being the 4th QB prospect. In the career I'm currently running, Winston got drafted 4th OVR, and then NO quarterback taken before Mariota in THE 4TH ROUND. Yes it looks odd, but remember: the 2014 college season happened a certain way IRL, but in-game, it is a clean state. I know it might be difficult to accept though, but trust me, 95% of times, Cooper is a pretty nice receiver ;)

I hope this answers your questions. I'm glad you enjoyed the files, let me know how it went 2 to 5 years into the sim :)

On a more general note, I tweaked the files a bit, because the overall talent level between the 2015 and 2016 classes was too big. Added a few players here and there as well. Anyways, as I said above, will post the new files either tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Cydver 06-22-2015 04:32 AM

All fair points! I'll be holding off on resuming my game until these draft files are up. I probably won't be able to tell you how they look in 5 seasons or so though, as I play pretty slowly, week-to-week.

As for the lack of responses, I'd guess many users here simply prefer playing with randomized draft classes, which are pretty cool; my OCD, however, dictates that I try to have realistic classes to help with immersion.

Thank you for this, your hard work is definitely appreciated by at least one user here!

WSoxfan86 06-22-2015 08:32 AM

I don't have any specific feedback regarding the 2015 class, but it seemed to be a very weak class for me-I don't think there was a non-kicker who had a future rating higher than 65. I'm not sure if this was due to bad luck or not, just my 2 cents

ferynn 06-22-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSoxfan86 (Post 3035619)
I don't have any specific feedback regarding the 2015 class, but it seemed to be a very weak class for me-I don't think there was a non-kicker who had a future rating higher than 65. I'm not sure if this was due to bad luck or not, just my 2 cents

I definitely agree. After a few trials I realized it. It should be fixed in my next version. To a certain extent though. As I said before, don't expect to get rookies that storm the league 1st year in, bar seldom examples. That would just be unrealistic (at least according to me). Same for the 2016 class.

ferynn 06-22-2015 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferynn (Post 3035610)
Anyways, as I said above, will post the new files either tonight or tomorrow.

Done :)

garion333 06-24-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferynn (Post 3035610)
You're very welcome. I must say that I have been pretty underwhelmed by the reaction (or lack thereof) to these files. ANy feedback, positive or negative regardless, is always appreciated when one puts time and effort into something. But yeah, thanks for that :)

I'm sure you've done a great job, but most of us who frequent FOFC are mp players who only really bother with fictional players.

So, in that regard, we have little to no interest in draft classes and/or historical files. :thumbsup:

Ben E Lou 06-24-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garion333 (Post 3036403)
I'm sure you've done a great job, but most of us who frequent FOFC are mp players who only really bother with fictional players.

I'm not sure the "most" is 100% true there about MP.

However, I *do* believe that most SP players also don't use historical draft classes for more than one career if at all. I'm fairly certain that I'm in the top 1-2% in FOF history in terms of "SP Seasons Played," and I've *never* used a historical (or next-year) draft class.

clist123abc 06-27-2015 02:18 PM

Hi, I would like to try the roster update but i'm not sure how to do it. Do i unzip it in a specific folder or create a new one? Any instructions would be helpful.

bluewave 06-27-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clist123abc (Post 3037384)
Hi, I would like to try the roster update but i'm not sure how to do it. Do i unzip it in a specific folder or create a new one? Any instructions would be helpful.

Just unzip the file anywhere you like. When you start a new game, select "Yes" to Begin game using alternate player file. Then when you hit OK to start the new game, you'll be given the option to navigate to your unzipped roster file, which would be Roster3.0.fdt in this case.

Hope that helps.

clist123abc 06-27-2015 05:40 PM

Thank you! I did this and the game started in the 13/14 season pre season. Is this supposed to happen? Was i wrong to think that the season would start before the 2015 amateur draft?

MizzouRah 06-27-2015 06:00 PM

I'm a seasonal player.. so I'll check this out once football starts IRL. ;)

Thanks though.. can't wait to try it out!

ferynn 06-28-2015 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluewave (Post 3037408)
Just unzip the file anywhere you like. When you start a new game, select "Yes" to Begin game using alternate player file. Then when you hit OK to start the new game, you'll be given the option to navigate to your unzipped roster file, which would be Roster3.0.fdt in this case.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for explaining that Bluewave. Didn't see this post until this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clist123abc (Post 3037418)
Thank you! I did this and the game started in the 13/14 season pre season. Is this supposed to happen? Was i wrong to think that the season would start before the 2015 amateur draft?

In the latest FOF7, you will start right at the beginning of last year's preseason, so namely August 2014. You'll have to play through the 2014 season and then will start Free Agency and the 2015 Draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 3037420)
I'm a seasonal player.. so I'll check this out once football starts IRL. ;)

Thanks though.. can't wait to try it out!

Cheers Mate. Hope you'll have fun doing so.

Cydver 06-28-2015 08:00 AM

This is fantastic ferynn, the latest update makes things so much closer to real life! Winston and Mariota went in the top 10, Cooper was the best WR, Gurley and Gordon were top talents...you get the idea. Thank you!

Thul 07-03-2015 04:11 PM

Just downloaded your draft files. Thanks for putting it together!

ferynn 07-04-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thul (Post 3039106)
Just downloaded your draft files. Thanks for putting it together!

You're welcome. I hope you'll have fun with it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cydver (Post 3037511)
This is fantastic ferynn, the latest update makes things so much closer to real life! Winston and Mariota went in the top 10, Cooper was the best WR, Gurley and Gordon were top talents...you get the idea. Thank you!

Eh :) Told you it would work out in the end. Hope you'll enjoy your GM stint !

freddylamar 07-05-2015 12:56 PM

Thank you!

Absed 07-16-2015 01:29 PM

Would it be possible to get the .csv file for the rosters? I'd like to make some of my own tweaks just for personal use and use your fantastic update as the base for this.

McMahonsSunglasses 10-16-2015 04:55 PM

Thanks for posting this! I just discovered this game and addicted already. Canceled plans for after work to play haha

Do you have a 2014 draft file ?

ferynn 02-11-2016 03:24 PM

Hi guys,

After a few weeks of work, I'm glad to present the latet version of the 2016 draft file :)

I'll update the first post, you'll find some thoughts there.

Hope you enjoy it,

Ferynn

balldoktor81 02-14-2016 03:23 PM

where do i have to place these files...? the roster can be loaded from anywhere, but what's up with the draft files?

balldoktor81 02-14-2016 04:23 PM

ok, now i know how. import draft just before entering FA... ;)

ferynn 03-01-2016 02:35 PM

Little update for you guys. See first post :D

OhnoesFroz 03-07-2016 10:46 AM

Really appreciate these. Thanks so much.

Lizard 03-09-2016 08:55 PM

Which folder do i put these in in the game.

ferynn 03-10-2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizard (Post 3088687)
Which folder do i put these in in the game.

You don't. Unzip the files somewhere, then during off season an option "Import Draft Class" will show up. Go for it, and pick the right file for the year you're about to go into (if you have the latest release of FOF7, you'd go for the 2016 file, this year's IRL). It will import that .faf file into your game. You can then roll with it.

Have fun.

iBomb1st 10-10-2016 02:45 PM

This is AMAZING! Thank you so much!

perez24 10-10-2016 06:26 PM

Thanks for all your effort. I know I couldn't do it!

LondonSmith 10-11-2016 10:08 AM

Do we have the full 16-17 rosters yet or no?

Tures 11-07-2016 03:56 PM

Used your 2016 draft files on my playthrough and by now they're all retired. I must say this draft class was really really good in terms of player quality. A lot of them were rated 50+ which lead to me forfeiting my first and second round picks for a bunch of late picks.This strategy worked out well, as you can see...

Ignore the cheesy nickname, I thought it was quite funny he played with #7 and it sounds similar to pick6 :D

aerolol 01-02-2017 03:36 AM

I really appreciate this, ferynn! Thanks for the work! Have been looking for the 15 and 16 draft, can't wait to get home and try it out. Got FOF7 about a year ago, and have almost not touched it a long while. This got me super interested again. :)

teeteegardner 01-14-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tures (Post 3127474)
Used your 2016 draft files on my playthrough and by now they're all retired. I must say this draft class was really really good in terms of player quality. A lot of them were rated 50+ which lead to me forfeiting my first and second round picks for a bunch of late picks.This strategy worked out well, as you can see...

Ignore the cheesy nickname, I thought it was quite funny he played with #7 and it sounds similar to pick6 :D

can you point me in the right direction for that logo set? i cant seem to find it on here with the link provided. would help some of us out also prob. looking for these :p

Sharkn20 04-10-2017 03:32 PM

Are these files working for FOF8?? :)

beauforsure 01-24-2019 09:45 AM

can someone re-upload the 14-15 draft files? im missing both of those.

GuySmiley316 02-20-2019 05:05 PM

Doesn't seem like the links to the attachments are working anymore. Can someone post these files in a location where they can be accessed?

Dragonpit5 04-09-2020 10:41 PM

@ferynn I apologize if you already answered, but are the draft files you created still available for FOF8 v 8.3? I am new to the game and this forum (which I really appreciate the dedication to the game by all members)

Would be great to get these files if still available???
Thanks