Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mixed Martial Arts Thread (UFC and others) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56750)

Edward64 11-02-2023 08:21 AM

I wonder what the payday was.

Quote:

In a battle of two unlikely foes, Małgorzata Zwierzyńska, the 50-year-old mother who goes by the name Gosia Magical, took on Nikita Alokin, 19, in a postlim fight during CLOUT MMA 2.

Quote:

The two women have been at odds with each other ever since Alokin and Zwierzyńska’s son, Daniel, broke up, according to Poland MMA.

Daniel Zwierzyński, known online as Daniel Magical, rose to fame for the videos he shared on social media, some featuring his mother and ex-girlfriend.

Before the fight, most fans were pulling for the favored Alokin.

She already had fighting experience and was 30 years younger than her opponent, but in the first round of the bout, Magical turned the tide.

BYU 14 12-17-2023 10:17 AM

Colby Covington is such a piece of shit, it's always a pleasure to watch him get washed, so you can hear the excuses afterward. Dude is just not a likeable human being.

molson 12-17-2023 01:42 PM

MMA is the cruelest sport when you're on the downside of your career. In other sports your role can be reduced, you get benched, you can maybe still be carried by younger teammates.

In MMA you keep getting beat up, all alone. In June 2019 Tony Ferguson beat Donald Cerrone for his 12th win in a row, to move to 25-3 overall, leading to at title shot. He's never won again, lost 7 in a row, none of them really close.

PilotMan 12-17-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 3421333)
MMA is the cruelest sport when you're on the downside of your career. In other sports your role can be reduced, you get benched, you can maybe still be carried by younger teammates.

In MMA you keep getting beat up, all alone. In June 2019 Tony Ferguson beat Donald Cerrone for his 12th win in a row, to move to 25-3 overall, leading to at title shot. He's never won again, lost 7 in a row, none of them really close.

His fighting style never lent itself to a long career. Same with guys like Eddie Alvarez, Michael Chandler, Diego Sanchez. All bangers, all reckless, all with tremendous dropoffs. I was really high on Ferguson when he broke out. He had IT, but he's totally dropped off, and he shouldn't fight again.

BYU 14 12-17-2023 02:07 PM

At this point someone needs to intervene with Tony, dude is putting his future quality of life at serious risk continuing to fight.

molson 12-17-2023 05:22 PM

I remember when a big MMA meme was Tony Ferguson not getting that fight with Khabib. Looking at his tapology fight record, that fight was set and cancelled 5 different times. It got as close as the day before one of the fights when Khabib was hospitalized for a bad weight cut. Certainly Khabib would have squashed him, but, it would have been a payday I guess.

cartman 12-18-2023 10:54 AM

Ferguson should have called it quits after that fight against Gaethje, when he looked like he was having seizures in the 5th round.

Edward64 02-17-2024 07:50 AM

Been watching some combat karate.

The early UFC was pretty interesting with the different styles but for me, it's kinda boring now. I know I don't appreciate the ground game enough and the great technical stuff they do looks all the same to me. I much prefer the punches & kicks.

thesloppy 04-12-2024 08:19 PM

Anyone excited for UFC 300 tomorrow?

Quite a card they've put together.

B & B 04-13-2024 02:43 PM

Loaded card other than the Bo Nickal walkover.

My fave bet is Hulk Hogan to finish Holly in the 2nd round at juicy +500

thesloppy 04-13-2024 11:20 PM

That Holloway knockout :eek:

RainMaker 04-14-2024 12:02 AM

Incredible

Ghost Econ 04-14-2024 06:08 AM

I feel like if he doesn't try the spinning kick then Holloway just let's it end. Dug his own grave.

cartman 04-14-2024 11:21 AM

Pereira waving off Herb Dean after the cup check then immediately putting Hill to sleep was epic. Hill's eyes looked like the reels on a slot machine

BYU 14 04-15-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesloppy (Post 3430673)
That Holloway knockout :eek:

I don't know that there is another fighter in the world, 12 seconds away from a decisive decision victory, that would invite an opponent as dangerous as Gaethje to stand ring center and trade. Holloway is 1 of 1.

molson 04-15-2024 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartman (Post 3430682)
Pereira waving off Herb Dean after the cup check then immediately putting Hill to sleep was epic. Hill's eyes looked like the reels on a slot machine

I love MMA wackiness. It's surely the only sport where a ref can call a time out and one of the participants can physically overrule that call by pushing the ref away.