Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf: The Rebirth (Game Over! Thank you for playing) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=89879)

EagleFan 02-05-2015 11:43 PM

Werewolf: The Rebirth (Game Over! Thank you for playing)

We need a rebirth of werewolf, or it will be forever relegated to the back pages of FOFC history books. I am going to make one last try to get that to happen. Hopefully with a fun and stimulating game for all.

The Setting

You are the first settlers that have successfully made the trip to Mars. Your supplies have made it ahead of you, along with some of the supplies from the previously doomed mission; a tragic story of a landing pod that lost communication as they were descending towards the planet's surface, the last transmission was that of blood curdling screams.

Despite the negative press that received, you have volunteered for the second attempt. You all want to be heroes, for your own personal reasons, but to truly become heroes you need to set your egos aside and work together to create your own society.

First you must get the living quarters powered and establish the solar collectors that will provide unlimited power (that is what you have been told at least). Then you need to get the greenhouse pod working so that you can have a supply of food that you can replenish into the future.

Before that, you will need to decide what jobs will be handed out and who will get those jobs and titles. While everyone wants to be in charge, only one can be, or failure will be swift.

Will your society flourish, will it fail because you can't get along, will you find out what happened to the first group of settlers, will you survive...

(Added 2/6) The direction of this game will be dictated by the players. There are set triggered events which will steer the story and ultimate goals may change based upon these events. Be clear, those triggered events will be triggered by players actions so ultimately where this leads is all about what the players do. Everyone will start the game with a set of abilities and their own choice of which set of goals they want to work to achieve. One set it purely selfish while the other set is selfless and focuses on the colony.

(Added 2/11) Day zero will be 2/17. On Monday, 2/16 I will send out the player details. See the rules section for what player details will b given to each player as each player will have their own strengths and weaknesses which will assist the group in their attempt to create a community. They will be randomly assigned to each player. Each player will have a decision to make on what goal they would like to have.

EagleFan 02-05-2015 11:44 PM

Rules

General

- Nightly Deadlines will be 10 PM EST. Day Zero will be 2/17.

- Any voting, or action must be submitted by the deadline. Timestamp 10:00 counts, timestamp of 10:01 is late.

- Voting and actions must be bolded and set apart from the rest of a post. Doesn't have to be in their own post but keep it so it stands out (don't put it in the middle of a sentence or have it sandwiched with other sentences above and below, have it at the beginning of a post with a blank line between any other discussion).
Code:

Bad
I say vote EagleFan because I think he is evil.

----------

blah blah blah.... I think he is bad, evil reincarnated...
vote EagleFan
So have I told you about my day, that EagleFan ruined with his pure evil desire to crush our freedoms and rule the world?

Good
vote EagleFan

-----------

vote EagleFan

I think that he needs to go because...

- No getting personal, it's a game, let's keep it light and fun. That doesn't mean there can't be needling and gamesmanship but keep it about the game. You can say, I think that so and so is bad because he is playing the game in a manner that I don't think a good player would. You can't say, I think so and so is bad because he has deflated balls.

Objectives

- Work together to build a way to survive on Mars.

- If trouble breaks out.... SURVIVE

- (other objectives will be revealed as the story develops)

Items

- Items will be revealed as the story progresses. Each may have an obvious use though some may have hidden uses, or cause unforeseen consequences.

- When a player gains an object they will be told of the limitations and how to use (though may not be told of any unforeseen consequences).

PM Rights

- Only players who are specifically told that they will have PM rights will have PM rights until they are told otherwise.

Player Abilities

- All players will have abilities to help the colony survive.

- They will include: Medical, Engineering, Physical, Scientific

- All players will have one goal assigned to them, that will be based upon their attributes: Get a medical facility running, get a bio-dome functioning to generate source of food for the colony, establish a working system of government, establish a scientific research facility

- All players ill have their own personal goals: become the leader of the colony, ensure your field of interest gets the most effort, explore the surface of the planet as you feel there are mysteries out there that could be a source of great power, other more cynical goals..... (cue evil laughter)

Day Zero

- Elect a leader.

- Elect a primary doctor.

- Elect a primary engineer.

- Elect a Sherriff.

- Elect a primary scientist

Roles

Leader - The elected leader of the colony, the leader will guide the colony as they try to build a civilization... for as long as they allow him (or her).

Doctor - The main medical provider of the colony. Get hurt, go to the doctor.

Engineer - The primary engineer for the colony. Will make decisions about the ongoing engineering projects, or for fixing broken systems.

Scientist - The primary scientist will decide what needs to be researched and what can be created.

Sherriff - The law of the colony. Will try to keep the peace, or maybe enforce "laws" with an iron fist.

Items

Solar Collectors - Will be automatically built on day zero. They help power your society. Protect them.

Communication Equipment - Allows communication with earth when working. Can receive important information from headquarters.

Passenger Manifest - Shows the list of passengers, and some details about them.

Gun - Harmless without bullets, but with them...

Tazer - Can help if attacked

Signup List

1) Autumn - Chief of Staff at Boston General resigned due to scandal (killed night 8)
2) Chief Rum - ER nurse with tragedy in life (killed day 7)
3) The Jackal - MIT Engineering Professor involved in sex scandal (duked to day 10)
4) britrock88 - cop suspended for brutality / Cunning Seeker of Truth (brutal kill day 9)
5) Suicane75 - retired politician involved in a bribery scandal / Cunning member of Resistance (killed night 9)
6) Schmidty - reality star with sex tape scandal (killed day 2)
7) fontisian - history professor forcing students to pay for grades / Brutal leader of Resistance (killed day 9)
8) ntndeacon - EMT that had identity stolen (killed night 11)
9) Thomkal - Retired army general with questionable past
10) timmae - blogger accused of identity theft (killed night 9)
11) Grover - astronaut with a hidden dark side / Angel of Mercy (lynched day 12)
12) JAG - high school football coach fired for cheating (killed day 7)
13) saldana - city planner in a pay to play scandal (lynched day 8)
14) GoldenEagle - computer programmer accused of being a hacker / member of Truth Seekers with duke ability (killed night 10)
15) DanGarion - cult leader / leader of the Truth Seekers with Brutal ability (killed day 10)
16) Raven - farmer who lost his daughter to a cult (killed night 10) - achieved major win condition
17) Danny - bioengineer with ethics issues (killed day 4)
18) Shoveler - construction worker that was a mafia hitman
19) Zinto - CEO with insider trading accustation / member of The resistance with cunning ability (lynched day 11)
20) Narcizo - chemist turned drug dealer (killed day 11)
21) SharkN20 - professional gamer accused of fraud (killed day 10)
22) CrimsonFox - Russian spy, stowaway (lynched day 9) - met win condition

Storyline
Day Zero Beegins
The 21 Mars Colonists
Look at that
We salute you
Prepare for landing
Descending into hell
Day Zero Election Results
The Landing
Time to Check In
Day One Results
That Noise
Day Two Options
Tragedy Strikes
What Was That?!?
Day Two Results
Day Three Options
Day Three Results
Day Four Options
Tragedy Again
Day Four Results
It Crackles to Life
Day Five Options
Please Just Stay Alive
Urgent Request
The Headaches Return
Martial Law Declared
Day Five Results
Day Six Options
Tension In The Air
Day Six Results
The Voices Return
Seal the Pod
The Trial/Day Seven Results
Night Seven Results
Day Eight Options
Day Eight Results
Day Eight Early Evening Results
Night Eight Results
Day Nine Options
Bloodbath Ensues
Day Nine Results
Day Nine Early Evening
Night Nine Results
Day Ten Options
Day Ten Results
Day Ten Early Evening
Night Ten Results
Day Eleven Options
Tragedy Strikes

The Jackal 02-06-2015 06:22 AM

I can do a start of 2/17 but nothing sooner

saldana 02-06-2015 08:45 AM

waiting to see the rules...

anxiously waiting....

make with the rules already, will ya!

EagleFan 02-06-2015 03:26 PM

Added more details.

EagleFan 02-06-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2998276)
I can do a start of 2/17 but nothing sooner

2/17 sounds like a great start date to be honest. It allows plenty of time to recruit (I don't want a 10 player game, I want a large return, maybe a little too optimistic) and it keeps the Valentines weekend out of the mix for anyone with plans for that time.

Autumn 02-06-2015 04:00 PM

Love it. I'm in.

Chief Rum 02-06-2015 04:01 PM

Sure, I'm down.

britrock88 02-06-2015 06:51 PM

n

Suicane75 02-06-2015 10:39 PM

In

Barkeep49 02-07-2015 09:18 PM

Cool ruleset. Not sure if I have time to play.

Schmidty 02-08-2015 07:54 PM

I'll be in, but I tend to always forget I'm in a games, so please take that as a warning....

Schmidty 02-08-2015 08:16 PM

Bumping so this on top.

britrock88 02-09-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2998894)
I'll be in, but I tend to always forget I'm in a games, so please take that as a warning....

Permission for everyone to PM you on D1? ;)

Schmidty 02-09-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2998962)
Permission for everyone to PM you on D1? ;)

But of course!!!

fontisian 02-09-2015 09:32 PM

I'll play.

ntndeacon 02-10-2015 09:20 AM

I don't know how much time I will have but I will try to play.

Thomkal 02-10-2015 09:32 AM

I have decided to "unretire" for this game, so now every former WW player has to play :)

EagleFan 02-10-2015 11:03 AM

Welcome. Going to try to get more players. Would like this closer to 20 to really get it flowing.

timmae 02-10-2015 11:11 AM

Haven't participated in one of these... what are the prerequisites? If a pulse and a high school education count I am in.

Grover 02-10-2015 12:09 PM

In.

EagleFan 02-10-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmae (Post 2999205)
Haven't participated in one of these... what are the prerequisites? If a pulse and a high school education count I am in.

Sounds like you meet the requirements. :)

timmae 02-10-2015 12:44 PM

I'm in... please be gentle. Ha!

JAG 02-10-2015 01:18 PM

In.

Chief Rum 02-10-2015 03:55 PM

Good group so far!

EagleFan 02-10-2015 06:50 PM

Yes, would love to at least get us to 16 but a 20+ could make this really fun (I hope everyone sees it as that when it is done :)).

saldana 02-11-2015 07:32 AM

im in

GoldenEagle 02-11-2015 11:02 AM

I am in.

EagleFan 02-11-2015 12:13 PM

Still pushing for more but 14 is getting close to a good number.

Will add more details today to the first couple posts.

Poli 02-11-2015 02:21 PM

#excited

DanGarion 02-11-2015 02:43 PM

Yo Yo Yo! I'm in.

Haven't done WW for a long time, but I'm familiar with the concept, we play lots of "The Resistance" and Bang on game nights.

EagleFan 02-11-2015 02:57 PM

Welcome!!!!

15 and counting.

britrock88 02-11-2015 03:11 PM

:party:

Raven 02-11-2015 06:43 PM

I'll play. Haven't done one of these in years

EagleFan 02-11-2015 06:55 PM

Welcome. We're getting a decent size now. Still hoping for 20+. :)

timmae 02-11-2015 07:31 PM

I was hoping for a few more newb's so I don't feel so lost...

EagleFan 02-11-2015 07:35 PM

We'll make sure you're not lost.

Danny 02-11-2015 09:28 PM

I'll play

EagleFan 02-11-2015 09:35 PM

Welcome!

Shoveler 02-11-2015 09:36 PM

I'm in.. another noob.

EagleFan 02-11-2015 09:36 PM

Also Welcome!

EagleFan 02-11-2015 09:37 PM

Up to 18 people, this is very promising.

EagleFan 02-11-2015 09:37 PM

Anyone up for running a game after this one is done? See if we can keep the momentum going?

Zinto 02-11-2015 10:29 PM

I am in

EagleFan 02-11-2015 11:08 PM

Welcome

Lathum 02-12-2015 05:47 AM

have fun boys

Narcizo 02-13-2015 03:08 PM

I'd like to play blahblahblah time trouble.

Narcizo 02-13-2015 03:09 PM

So that means I'm in.