Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dark Cloud's Personal Playground (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   What's next... (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=87011)

Young Drachma 04-29-2013 12:53 AM

What's next...

1) The newest file I uploaded today when I got home has a reset Commish password. It's "default" (no quotes.) You can login and do your own solo version of the current SLOP universe, because effective now, I'm retiring the OOTP13 version of the league.

2) At some point in the future, maybe in a month, maybe sooner (or longer) I'll setup an OOTP14 fast-sim version under a rebranded name (tentatively FOLLY - Front Office Legacy League Year) and with a modified schedule where we'd one-month-at-a-time so it'd be a bit slower, with a slower off-season to boot since there are people who actually enjoy that part more and to create some kind of drama in the off-season rather than always speeding through it.

3) I might do something else with a fast-sim hoops league, but I need to take a break from running a league now because I get immersed and I have like four conferences I'm speaking at over the next eight weeks or so, plus a huge site I need to launch and I need to focus my attention on all of that stuff, so cutting out one distraction for now is a necessity.

So anyway, that's where we're at. I'll be posting here and at an OOTP when I'm ready to launch something else. (Hell, maybe I'll wait until fall and just launch fast-sim OOTP Hockey when that new game is finally released...) But the OOTP14 league seems like the most likely next time to start, it'll probably be intentionally small(ish) and we'll just see.

But anyway, stay tuned and thanks for all the fun. It's not so much "goodbye" as "break time."

Online_Kevin 04-29-2013 09:22 AM

Thanks for your time.

Take care.

robster1225 04-30-2013 08:02 PM

Yeah, thanks YD!

Jack Raden 04-30-2013 10:49 PM

Thanks for a great league, YD.

claphamsa 05-01-2013 12:30 PM

boo! you just couldn't take me winning!

when you start the fast sim hockey im in!

Gomer 05-01-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2817696)
boo! you just couldn't take me winning!

when you start the fast sim hockey im in!

Clap, the Universe can't take you winning. Get with it!

:lol:

Cole 05-07-2013 05:00 PM

I had been a terribly inattentive SLOP owner lately and was thinking of stepping away to let someone else run my team who could give it more attention, so this announcement works for me.

Thanks for everything DC!

Young Drachma 05-07-2013 06:06 PM

Thanks gang. Haven't forgotten you all. I'm knee deep in a bunch of other projects, but we'll get back to doing something eventually.

tg.carlssonootp 05-13-2013 03:58 PM

Good luck.