Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What to Watch Instantly on Netflix? (and now all streaming services) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80004)

Sweed 02-22-2011 12:13 PM

For fucks sake, why when something works well does someone think they have to come up with a "better" way to do it?

Turned on netflix this am and they have decided to totally fuck up the user interface for ps3. Before it was an easy to use menu driven system that, on my widescreen, would show 16 selections across my screen. Now I can see a whopping 3 and 1\2 selections.

No menu options you just get what you get. Want to go through the 250 new titles? Have fun scrolling across seeing three at a time. Totally fucked up and inefficient. The only way to find a movie, documentary, or tv show to watch now is to go online, find it, put it in the top three slots of your instant queue, go back to your ps3, and then you will be able to "quickly" find the program that you want to watch. FUCKING WOW!

I can usually just go with the flow and adjust without complaining. This is so blatantly fucked up though that I instantly called netflix to complain. The rep I talked to said she was getting tons of complaint calls. Yeah, no shit.
She was very nice and I didn't rant just gave her the facts. She said they are testing 5 new gui's in different areas and taking feedback to make a "final" choice. Christ, what was wrong with what they had? :banghead:

Ronnie Dobbs2 02-22-2011 12:19 PM

New season of Futurama was added recently (I think recently).

DataKing 02-22-2011 01:25 PM

Both seasons of Party Down are available again via Watch Instantly. Quirky, absolutely hilarious show...it's really a shame Starz canceled it...

mckerney 02-22-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2429037)
Both seasons of Party Down are available again via Watch Instantly. Quirky, absolutely hilarious show...it's really a shame Starz canceled it...

Even worse than canceling it was the decision not to let it go to another network because of the fear it would have success elsewhere and make canceling it look bad.

PilotMan 03-01-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF (Post 2390367)
be sure to check out http://www.instantwatcher.com

I cannot function in regular society without this website.

DataKing 03-01-2011 09:33 AM

Stripes is now available. That is all.

DataKing 03-07-2011 10:18 AM

Some highlights from the most recent additions:

The Last Action Hero
Top Gear: Series 13
Revolver
Rocky & Bullwinkle (all five seasons)

Honolulu_Blue 03-07-2011 10:29 AM

I just started watching the second season of "Parks and Recreation" on Netflix Instant. Great stuff.

larrymcg421 03-07-2011 10:59 AM

Glad people are liking Parks & Rec.

Noticed they just added The Verdict. Highly recommended. One of the best courtroom dramas I've seen. Acting students should be forced to watch Paul Newman's performance in it over and over again.

Dodgerchick 03-07-2011 12:50 PM

Love me some Scrubs

Matthean 03-07-2011 01:54 PM

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

It's still available until 3-10.

VPI97 03-07-2011 03:09 PM

Exit Through the Gift Shop (2011 Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature) is available via streaming. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

DeToxRox 03-07-2011 03:11 PM

Is there a list that updates with all of the new additions to instant streaming?

DataKing 03-07-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2435561)
Is there a list that updates with all of the new additions to instant streaming?

Psst...check FF's post on the first page, or PilotMan's recent addition to the thread...

DeToxRox 03-07-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2435569)
Psst...check FF's post on the first page, or PilotMan's recent addition to the thread...

Nothing to see here.

Young Drachma 03-07-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeToxRox (Post 2435561)

http://instantwatcher.com/

Matthean 03-08-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPI97 (Post 2435559)
Exit Through the Gift Shop (2011 Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature) is available via streaming. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

10-year old watches it and gets inspired to be her own Banksy.

Girl's Banksy-Inspired Street Art | The Mary Sue

Butter 03-09-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPI97 (Post 2435559)

I'll recommend this too. It's about a lot more than just art, if that is not your thing.

I will add in a recommendation for Hunger, a 2008 drama about the IRA hunger strike in 1981. It is pretty artsy... but also very well done and frankly difficult to watch at times, due to the brutality that the prisoners endured or put themselves through.

PilotMan 03-09-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 (Post 2436447)
Jersey Shore Season 2 is on Netflix.

I think you misread the title of the thread.

RedKingGold 03-15-2011 05:12 PM

I'm a big fan of the show Archer from FX and the first season just got put into Instant Download.

Honolulu_Blue 03-15-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2435465)
I just started watching the second season of "Parks and Recreation" on Netflix Instant. Great stuff.

I have now watched about 12-13 episodes in about 2 nights. Loving it.

larrymcg421 03-15-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2440308)
I have now watched about 12-13 episodes in about 2 nights. Loving it.

I think the show made a huge jump in quality between the first 2 seasons. The big change was that in the 1st season Leslie was just a female Michael Scott, but in the 2nd season they started to show her as being really competent and the jokes are more about how she just thinks her job is more important than it really is. Plus they started to develop the supporting characters, and they have a ton of really good ones.

Matthean 03-15-2011 09:18 PM

Exam.

8 people apply for a job. They all are in the same room for the final test. Once the rules are laid out and the test itself starts, they all flip over the exam to see it's blank. They have 80 minutes to figure out the answer.

GoSeahawks 03-15-2011 09:31 PM

I watched Exit Through Gift Shop like others here and I am of the opinion the whole thing is a hoax. It's very interesting, and I haven't met another person who has ever watched it upon my recommendation to talk about my opinion.

DataKing 04-05-2011 11:54 AM

Some awesome additions to the Watch Instantly options this week:

Movies
Toy Story 3
The Hunt for Red October
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka

TV Series & Mini-series
The Langoliers
The Stand
Golden Years
The Winds of War
Jericho

Documentaries
Ken Burns: Baseball
S21: The Khmer Rouge Killing Machine

I actually haven't seen either of those two documentaries, but the S21 thing seems interesting in a morbid sort of way, and of course anyone who enjoys documentaries knows that Ken Burns is excellent.

Sweed 04-05-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2451797)
Some awesome additions to the Watch Instantly options this week:

Movies
Toy Story 3
The Hunt for Red October
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka

TV Series & Mini-series
The Langoliers
The Stand
Golden Years
The Winds of War
Jericho

Documentaries
Ken Burns: Baseball
S21: The Khmer Rouge Killing Machine

I actually haven't seen either of those two documentaries, but the S21 thing seems interesting in a morbid sort of way, and of course anyone who enjoys documentaries knows that Ken Burns is excellent.

Glad I checked in here. Last time I checked The Winds of War was only available on disk. Very happy to see it being streamed.

tarcone 04-05-2011 04:52 PM

I watched the movie "The Joneses"

David Duchovny and Demi Moore among others. Very good movie. Hadnt heard of it until I saw it on Instantwatcher.

chadritt 04-05-2011 10:13 PM

Sons of Anarchy seasons 1 and 2 are FINALLY available streaming.

molson 04-05-2011 10:17 PM

Twin Peaks, both seasons.

muns 04-06-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 (Post 2452030)
Don't waste your time with Jericho. It did not have a closure ending. It was cancel.

I actually loved Jericho. I think it was ahead of its time, and was sad to see it get canceled. It actually came back after a protest by viewers for a short time and then it got canned again a few shows into the new season.

Still think it was a good show however.

Link to what FOFCers thought about it

Jericho TV Show(Some Spoilers) - Front Office Football Central

panerd 04-06-2011 08:38 AM

Netflix acquires rights to stream 'Mad Men' | Media Maverick - CNET News

Missed out of this the first few years and it is a pain in the ass to check out discs nowadays. (How lazy have I become? I thought renting the Wire a few years ago from netflix was the greatest thing ever)

Logan 04-06-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadritt (Post 2452123)
Sons of Anarchy seasons 1 and 2 are FINALLY available streaming.

Just started this and am 6 or 7 episodes into S1. Great show.

Antmeister 04-06-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 (Post 2436447)
Jersey Shore Season 2 is on Netflix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 (Post 2452030)
Don't waste your time with Jericho. It did not have a closure ending. It was cancel.

LOL...so you are announcing that Jersey Shore Season 2 is on Neflix, but tell people to stop wasting their time on Jericho. I think you have your shows mixed up. :D

PilotMan 04-06-2011 02:59 PM

Looks like a lot of James Bond flix are on there now. I saw a bulk of Connery, Dalton, and Moore, Bonds flix anyway.

chadritt 04-07-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 2452213)
Just started this and am 6 or 7 episodes into S1. Great show.

Wow, i feel like such a slacker for only having watched 4 so far. I guess the 12 hour night shift is cutting into my awesome TV watching time. I'm REALLY liking the show so far though.

Matthean 04-07-2011 03:17 PM

It Might Get Loud. Documentary of Jimmy Paige, Edge, and Jack White as they give background stories to where they came from and how they came to be as guitarist. There's some jamming going on as well. I think Jack came across as the odd man, but I think he was the more interesting one as well. It's interesting to see Edge show how he did his own take on chords and when they are playing together Edge shows them and you can see Paige have this, "What the hell?" look on his face.

Young Drachma 04-09-2011 06:08 PM

Chops - It's about the Essentially Ellington HS Jazz competition. It's awesome to watch and it should draw you in from the start.

DataKing 04-11-2011 09:34 AM

Looks like The Terminator was added over the weekend.

stevew 04-11-2011 10:01 AM

Restrepo

Logan 04-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadritt (Post 2452796)
Wow, i feel like such a slacker for only having watched 4 so far. I guess the 12 hour night shift is cutting into my awesome TV watching time. I'm REALLY liking the show so far though.

Get moving man. Finished season 1 on Friday and got through four episodes of Season 2 last night. If I had more time this weekend, I'd be done.

Glengoyne 04-11-2011 07:00 PM

Oooh instantwatcher is pretty cool.

Darn...I've been watching Ken Burn's baseball with the Civil War to follow, but it looks like the Civil War is going away at the end of the week.

I wonder if/when it will be back and available streaming again?

chadritt 04-12-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 2454400)
Get moving man. Finished season 1 on Friday and got through four episodes of Season 2 last night. If I had more time this weekend, I'd be done.

Im trying, really i am. I finished episode 9 of season 1 last night and should get a chance to watch 10 tonight. I do think its a REALLY great show though.

DataKing 04-12-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glengoyne (Post 2454527)
Oooh instantwatcher is pretty cool.

Darn...I've been watching Ken Burn's baseball with the Civil War to follow, but it looks like the Civil War is going away at the end of the week.

I wonder if/when it will be back and available streaming again?

Yeah I noticed that too...I'm trying to fit it in by the end of the week, but not sure if I'm going to make it. Still have five episodes to go...

QuikSand 04-13-2011 04:16 PM

Not sure it's available on instant, but this mini-series was a really, really gripping to watch...

The Staircase

It's a documentary about a real life trial (from about 2003 in NC), so if you're familiar with the story the spoilers may undermine the way the drama unfolds. And the filmmaker may have had a bit of a selective eye.

Still really gripping. Mrs Q and I watched the first 2 or 3 segments on a normal schedule, and then force-marched through the last 5-6 hours in one white knuckle all-nighter.

Matthean 04-13-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthean (Post 2390362)
Avatar: The Last Air Bender Series, not the movie crap

I just got done with Book 2. It still ranks in the best of kid's/cartoon programming I've seen.

terpkristin 04-14-2011 06:13 PM

Empire Records.

/tk

PilotMan 04-14-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthean (Post 2455439)
I just got done with Book 2. It still ranks in the best of kid's/cartoon programming I've seen.

Yep, I'll agree with that. We watched it until the kids were finally sick of it. TOok a break and the youngest went back for round 2 for a bit. We are finally over it now, but its entertaining, and funny. It doesn't take itself that seriously.

terpkristin 04-16-2011 12:43 PM

I just watched Beer Wars on streaming. As a craft beer lover and one that homebrews occasionally (nowhere near as much as others here do), it was quite enjoyable. I even learned something--didn't know Anheuser-Busch made an organic under the nameplate Green Valley Brewery.

Yeah, I'll stick with my local craft beers. There are a good bunch in this region. :)

/tk

molson 04-18-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2429037)

Just finished this - tremendous. Still laughing at Ken Marino's scene at the very end of the high school reunion episode.

Sweed 04-18-2011 06:50 PM

And "Cheers" has finally made it to instant watch:)

Also the whole Jack Lord "Hawaii Five O" series and all of the old "Mission Impossible" episodes. Time to relive my youth.