Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf XCVI: The Dark One and The Order of Righteousness (GAME OVER EVIL WINS) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=72772)

dubb93 06-02-2009 02:52 PM

Werewolf XCVI: The Dark One and The Order of Righteousness (GAME OVER EVIL WINS)

Welcome to Metou. Metou is a medieval land filled with knights and magic. Metou is also a land that lives in fear of The Dark One. The Dark One is the most feared knight in all the land. For reasons unknown, he is also ageless. Very few knights have ever encountered The Dark One and lived to tell about it. Even fewer still live. While time itself has claimed The Dark One's greatest enemies he lives on to strike terror into the land. The only two living knights that fought The Dark One and lived to tell about it are Lord Righteous and Arbitro.

The recent actions of The Dark One are even more worrying to the people of Metou than any prior action of his in the past. For the first time ever The Dark One has killed the king! What does he have planned? No one knows for sure but the newspaper articles from Diffama Fabula, a very well known fear monger, have painted a picture of The Dark One planning on taking over Metou now once and for all.

One thing is for sure, we are on the eve of a very important election. We are electing a new king. As is customary the newly elected king will serve until his death. And even worse, rumors are spreading that one of the candidates could very well be The Dark One himself.
======================================================
======================================================

This game can hold an unlimited number of players with a hopeful minimum being set at 20 for balance purposes. The start date is tentatively set for Monday June 8th.

Roles:

The King – The King is able to change one vote during his tenure. Each elected king has this power. The king may not change a lynch vote if he is the lynch target. The king is also in charge of Woebegone Prison. The king may each night if he/she chooses decide the fate a prisoner. The king is able to free a prisoner or execute a prisoner if he/she chooses to do so each night. The king breaks all tie votes. The king may not be jailed or scanned by the seer. All decisions regarding prisoners must be done in public and in bold so that discussion may follow. These decisions are to be done during the night phase and are limited to no more than one prisoner per night. The king may elect to leave the prisoners as is and not free or execute any prisoner during any night phase if he/she so chooses.

Order of Righteousness - A legendary order of elite knights. The Order of Righteousness have long fought The Dark One and his followers. They do not answer to the king and are free to act as they wish. These are the bodyguards. May not send the same character to guard each night and
may not guard the same character on consecutive nights. May choose to guard the prison rather than a player. Lord Righteous has a 0% chance to ID any followers even on a successful prison raid block. If the prison is guarded there is a 100% chance the raid by The Dark One's followers will fail. May not guard the prison on consecutive. May protect players that are in prison, however, if the prison is raided on that night you will not block a prison raid only a night kill attempt on that player. They have PM rights.

Lord Righteous - A 100% chance to block kill attempts done by The Dark One or any followers of The Dark One. Also has a 50% chance to learn the identity of any followers of The Dark One on a blocked night kill attempted by that person. Lord Righteous will not be able to ID The Dark One.

Lord Righteous was once a powerful knight in service of the king. When the king proved unwilling to hunt down and kill The Dark One, Lord Righteous resigned and formed his own order. At its peak the Order of Righteousness once boasted nearly 20 knights. Battles with The Dark One have reduced this number to just two. Lord Righteous dresses his knights in all white.

The White Knight - The White Knight has a 100% chance to block a kill attempt done by a follower of The Dark One although he is unable to learn the identity of one if he blocks a night kill attempt. If The White Knight guards the same target The Dark One is attempting to kill The White Knight will find himself unable to stop the attack and the victim will be killed while The White Knight will survive.

The last surviving knight of The Order of Righteousness The White Knight adopted the name in honor of his armor. The White Knight is not a particularly skilled knight, he is merely adequate. The fact that he is the lone surviving knight of the order has more to do with the fact that he has never actually been in combat with The Dark One.

Crystal Oculo - Crystal is the seer. Each night she may look at a player and determine if they have a light or dark aura. The Dark One always shows up as light. May not scan the king. May scan players in jail.

Crystal is a celebrity around Metou as the most accurate prophet of her time.

Arbitro - More than just a normal citizen of Metuo, Arbitro was once a great knight in service of the King. Arbitro was once The Dark One's arch nemesis, who unlike The Dark One, aged with time. Arbitro's advancing age has made way for The Order of Righteousness, however, Arbitro has one
last fight left in him. If he is attacked by The Dark One he will not only fight him to a draw, he will learn the identity of The Dark One. However, if a follower of The Dark One attacks Arbitro they will kill the once great knight. Arbitro just isn't able to get excited about a fight with anyone except The Dark One.

Diffama Fabula - May submit a newspaper report as a night action.

Diffama is the worlds most famous journalist. She has spent her life speculating on what is going to happen next. Her word is nearly as well read as the word of god and has far reaching consequences.

Drago Prodo - If attempted to be night killed by The Dark One, Drago will become a follower. If any other follower attempts to kill Drago, Drago will be killed as a follower would not dare disobey a kill order from The Dark One. You do not know who The Dark One or his followers are. You count as a villager unless you are converted. You win with The Followers of the Dark One.

Drago is a skilled seer and may scan one player each night to determine that player's aura. Will read The Dark One as having a light aura. Drago has spent his life studying The Dark One and as such has himself become corrupted. While not a skilled knight The Dark One may yet have use for Drago. If Drago becomes converted he is only able to have a 50% success rate on a kill attempt and will himself be killed if he encounters a member of The Order of Righteousness. Drago performs kills with poison. While lethal, with Drago having no formal combat training and instead living the life of a scholar, Drago finds himself having trouble getting close enough to administer the poison. If Drago does not become converted he still may have a chance to perform a night kill. There also may be other conversion mechanics at work to get Drago on the side of The Dark One. However these mechanics are known only to Drago.

This is only a list of named villager roles. It can be assumed there will be other light aura/dark aura roles that do not carry an actual name with them. These roles could either be standard werewolf roles or roles unique to this game.

The Dark One and his followers - Evil. That is the easiest word to describe this group. The Dark One has total control of his followers and strikes fear into the land of Metuo. They have PM rights with each other. The Dark One may not send himself or any followers on consecutive nights to do a kill. May also not attempt a prison break on two or more nights in a row. If only one evil player left that player may make night kill attempts on consecutive nights.

The Dark One - May submit a story to the newspaper each night. Will be submitted as Diffama Fabula. May also delegate a night kill each night. The Dark One is cunning as well as being brutal. May choose to forgo a night kill and raid the Woebegone Prison. If Woebegone Prison is not guarded by The Order of Righteousness all prisoners inside will be freed. May himself kill a prisoner in Woebegone Prison as a night kill. The Dark One is also said to have other, more sinister powers at his disposal.

There will be other followers in service of The Dark One.
==========================================================================
==========================================================================

Rules:

Prison-

Woebegone prison is not a place that ANYONE would look forward to going. For game purposes players may be jailed rather than lynched. While in prison the prisoners fate is in the hands of the king. There is a 20% chance each night that a prisoners aura will be revealed to the king. The king may choose to free or execute up to one prisoner each night, although he does not have to decide a prisoners fate on any night he/she chooses not to do so. The prison may also be attacked by The Dark One and his followers or guarded by The Order of Righteousness. Players inside the jail may be scanned by the seer and may only be night killed by The Dark One himself. Players in the jail do not count towards victory conditions. Players inside the jail may not post in thread but may submit a story to the GM via PM each night. This can be anything. Can be a reveal/fake reveal/analysis of the day, anything that prisoner chooses to put into the story will be published in the newspaper following night actions. The prisoner's name will be attached to the story. If the jail is attacked by The Dark One and his followers all prisoners inside are freed regardless of light or dark aura. The players in prison also lose all powers to them granted by their private role while they are in prison except The Dark One who is both cunning and brutal while in prison.

The king is a public role. On day one the players will elect a new king. If the king is killed a new election will be held. The election will be over four hours prior to voting deadline and the new king will assume his duty at that point. The king MAY be ANY player in the game regardless of private role and/or light/dark aura. A king must elected by the majority of voters in order to take the crown. A tie vote results in no king being elected. A failure to elect a king will result in extremely dire consequences for the village. Voting for the king works as follows:

Vote Dubb93 King

Players in Woebegone Prison may not post in thread while they are in prison. They may submit a PM to me each night and assuming that following the night actions they are still in prison and alive their PM will be posted in the newspaper. The PM's will also have their name attached so the village knows which prisoner posted what story. The players in prison also lose all powers to them granted by their private role while they are in prison except The Dark One who is both cunning and brutal while in prison.

Players may vote to jail or lynch. Jail votes and lynch votes do not stack. If a player has 3 jail votes and 3 lynch votes and another player has 4 lynch votes the player with 4 lynch votes will be lynched even though the player with 3 and 3 had 6 total votes. Lynch votes should appear as follows:

Vote Dubb93 Lynch

or

Vote Dubb93 Jail

All votes must be in bold. Unvotes are allowed but must also be in bold. If a player does not specify jail or lynch their vote will not be counted. You may not self vote.

Players may not vote to lynch or free players that are in prison. The only character able to make these decisions is the king and he is limited to one decision a night.

Followers of The Dark One may not kill prisoners. The Dark One himself is the only character that is able to kill prisoners. If they perform a jail raid every prisoner is freed regardless of private role and/or light or dark aura.

Deadline is 11 PM est for lynch votes. Deadline is 10am est for night actions. Deadline for king elections is 7 PM est.

Players in jail DO NOT count towards victory conditions and are considered dead until they are either released from jail, broken out of jail, or executed.

Following each night phase the story will progress in newspaper format. There will be a main story covering night actions. Then there will be two stories posted under the name “Diffama Fabula.” One of these stories will be written by Diffama and one by The Dark One. This is a chance for these characters to get any point they choose across without actually saying it under their screen name for fear of getting called on it. They may say whatever they choose. It is up to the players playing to decide who published what story. There will also be correspondences from prisoners published. This is the only way to communicate with prisoners and they may choose to include whatever they wish. There name will be attached to their correspondence.

Diffama may still submit a story while in jail and may also submit a letter separate like every other prisoner is able to. The newspaper will also still be published upon Diffama's death.

You may not discuss PM's. Any player who discusses PMs, particularly starting PMs, will be removed from the game in the form of a day kill. You may give information to the public that is in game PM's such as seer scan results, blocked kills, etc. You know what is allowed here and what isn't. If you are unsure please by all means send me a PM and I will let you know if it is allowed.

Each day there is a small chance that each prisoner's light or dark aura will be revealed to the king each day. This chance is 20%. The Dark One's aura will always show up as light to the king but is held to the same 20% chance of the aura actually being revealed as the other prisoners. There is no limit to how many aura's the king can have revealed to him in a single day.

Win conditions are as follows. The Dark One and his followers must get a 1-1 ratio with the village while the village must either jail or lynch The Dark One and his followers.

Please note there is a chance these rules will be revised or new ones will be added up until the start of the game.

Players:

1. Barkeep49 - Lynched Day 7, Vanilla Villager
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo - Killed by MartinD Day 8, Vanilla Villager
4. Abe - Elected King Day 6, Killed Night 8, Woebegone Prison Guard, Fired
5. MartinD - Lynched Day 8, Captain of the Royal Mounted Archers
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia - Elected King Day 3, Killed Night 5, Arbitro
8. Telle - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 4
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn - Killed Night 7, The White Knight
12. Lathum - Lynched Day 5, Follower of The Dark One
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum - Killed Night 6, Crystal Oculo
16. saldana - Lynched Day 6, Vanilla Villager
17. DaddyTorgo - Diffama Fabula - Killed Night 3
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit - Lynched Day 4, Vanilla Villager
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager

Day One Begins
King Schmidty
Day one comes to an end with Pass being Jailed.
Hoopsguy does not wake up for day 2.
Pass is a free man.
Day two ends. The Dark One and King Schmidty are both slain.
Righteous Kill
The inmates run the asylum?
Abe Sargent meet Wobegone Prison.
Light reading.
An innocent lynching.
Is it possible?
The Brotherhood has fallen.
Another day, another dead king.
King Abe
No jail for the innocent.
Death of a prophet.
Lynches lose support.
Fall of the Order.
Double dose of poison.
King Abe meet King Schmidty and King Pass.
Game Over

Barkeep49 06-02-2009 03:04 PM

What are the win conditions? How does electing the king work?

dubb93 06-02-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2040322)
What are the win conditions? How does electing the king work?

Win conditions are standard werewolf fare. The wolves need to get 1-1 with the village. The village needs to get rid of every wolf. Keep in mind players in jail count as being dead and do not figure into the 1-1.

Electing the king works the same as a lynch vote IE

Vote Dubb93 King

Lynch votes work as follows

Vote Dubb93 Lynch

or

Vote Dubb93 Jail

Barkeep49 06-02-2009 03:10 PM

And do we get 3 votes each day?

I'll play too, btw.

dubb93 06-02-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2040327)
And do we get 3 votes each day?

I'll play too, btw.

No you may only vote to jail or lynch one player each day.

If it is an election day you would get two votes that day. One must be used to elect a king and the other can be used to either jail or lynch.

lerriuqs 06-02-2009 03:14 PM

In - one plus of this game is not getting wolfed by dubb...:D

Barkeep49 06-02-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lerriuqs (Post 2040331)
In - one plus of this game is not getting wolfed by dubb...:D

He's tricky. You're forgetting that he was really the GM last game. Why do you think the wolves did so well?

USFLTecmo 06-02-2009 03:30 PM

All right. Seems like the twists in this one are easy enough to understand. I'm in.

claphamsa 06-02-2009 03:31 PM

ill ply

Telle 06-02-2009 04:17 PM

I'll play if we're not starting until next week.

MartinD 06-02-2009 04:21 PM

I would like to play.

Lathum 06-02-2009 04:32 PM

when is this starting?

The Jackal 06-02-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telle (Post 2040367)
I'll play if we're not starting until next week.

+1

Danny 06-02-2009 05:30 PM

I'd like to play as long as it starts next week too, I want a few days off from WW.

hoopsguy 06-02-2009 06:39 PM

In.

dubb93 06-02-2009 06:56 PM

If we have no objections I think we can put this off until Monday to give everyone a week away from werewolf. Any objections to this?

EDIT to add that if this were the case I would be sending roles out Sunday.

Passacaglia 06-02-2009 07:11 PM

In.

Autumn 06-02-2009 07:19 PM

I'm in, this sounds fun, though I may not have time to be as chatty as in the past. Probably good given the page totals we've been generating.

claphamsa 06-02-2009 07:42 PM

OMG Autumn is being UTR he must be a wolf!

vote fall

Autumn 06-02-2009 07:57 PM

Damn, there goes my alibi.

Lathum 06-02-2009 08:22 PM

in

SnDvls 06-02-2009 09:45 PM

since dubb sent me a personal invite and I haven't played in a long time (probally a year at least) I'll join this one.

Lathum 06-02-2009 09:45 PM

whoa!

hoopsguy 06-02-2009 10:10 PM

Good to have you back in the mix for a game, SnDvls. Hope all has been well for you and the family over the past year.

DaddyTorgo 06-02-2009 10:42 PM

oh damn, this looks like a frigging fun game!

RendeR 06-02-2009 11:06 PM

Alright alright, I'm in =)

Chief Rum 06-02-2009 11:49 PM

I am IN.

saldana 06-03-2009 06:17 AM

although i have a feeling this game will hamper my WoW time even worse than the last one..

in

DaddyTorgo 06-03-2009 08:17 AM

IN

Schmidty 06-03-2009 12:41 PM

I'm tempted. I'm just worried that this could be one of those 50-60 page game, where if you miss an hour, you have 5 pages to go through.

Barkeep49 06-03-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2041022)
I'm tempted. I'm just worried that this could be one of those 50-60 page game, where if you miss an hour, you have 5 pages to go through.

I would say more broadly that FOFC tends to post A LOT compared to other boards that I have seen play WW. As Schmidty points out I'm not always sure I think that's a good thing.

Danny 06-03-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2041030)
I would say more broadly that FOFC tends to post A LOT compared to other boards that I have seen play WW. As Schmidty points out I'm not always sure I think that's a good thing.

Boo, I am topping 500 posts alone in this game!

claphamsa 06-03-2009 01:56 PM

/me votes danny off day one

Danny 06-03-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2041074)
/me votes danny off day one

That will make reaching 500 more difficult, but not impossible

Danny 06-03-2009 01:58 PM

I will copy and post "Oh snap" to every post that makes any kind of point at all from the graveyard.

claphamsa 06-03-2009 02:03 PM

roflcopter

hoopsguy 06-03-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidty (Post 2041022)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 2041030)

Is it sad that I read this and thought to myself, "Bah, that is only 2,500 - 3,000 posts. That wouldn't even crack the top ten most posted games"?

:p

claphamsa 06-03-2009 02:07 PM

I for one like the huge post numbers, means its more active, and more entertaining. it also means I dont read old games, or ones im not involved in. And if I had a job where I could not follow, I dont think I would play, since it is daunting to have pages and pages of posts just to catch up. I tend to skim and miss stuff in thos circumstances :(

dubb93 06-03-2009 02:23 PM

Well I for one sincerely hope Schmidty decides to play in this game. Would love to have Schmidty on board.

Tyrith 06-03-2009 02:53 PM

In.

dubb93 06-03-2009 04:55 PM

I have altered the rules to clarify that if there is only one wolf left that wolf is able to make kills on consecutive nights. I left that out to begin with.

path12 06-03-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnDvls (Post 2040589)
since dubb sent me a personal invite and I haven't played in a long time (probally a year at least) I'll join this one.

Crap. I thought it was just me.

Why not. I only got one day last time. In.

dubb93 06-03-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by path12 (Post 2041396)
Crap. I thought it was just me.

Why not. I only got one day last time. In.

;), I sent out invites to people I have enjoyed playing with and haven't seen alot of lately.

KWhit 06-03-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2041400)
;), I sent out invites to people I have enjoyed playing with and haven't seen alot of lately.

*sniff*

I'm in.

dubb93 06-03-2009 10:51 PM

I'm putting a soft cap on the game today. Still interested in alternates and could see myself going higher than the number of 20 depending on the interest.

Schmidty 06-04-2009 01:27 AM

Oh, fine. If you want/need me, let me know. It's cool seeing some older vets playing again.

dubb93 06-04-2009 01:48 AM

If we can get up to 24 I'll run it with 24 players otherwise I think I'm capping it at 20 based on where I'm at as far as game balance goes.

EDIT: On second thought I'm just going ahead and adding you to the game.