Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Should we adjust passing accuracy sliders? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=91196)

Kodos 01-20-2016 01:49 PM

Should we adjust passing accuracy sliders?

2 Attachment(s)
Right now, it seems to me that the Ladder could use an adjustment on human pass accuracy. Maybe in the American too, but the problem isn't as obvious there with the lower-quality QBs that we're using. Should we consider adjusting passing accuracy down a bit for next season?

Julio Riddols 01-20-2016 02:03 PM

I guess we could.. Hard to say if it will make a ton of difference or just end up with occasionally wildly inaccurate throws that go nowhere near the receiver and get picked off for no reason.

MacroGuru 01-20-2016 02:08 PM

I look at it this way, I through quick routes. Slants, outs and in so I am fairly accurate there.

My post corner I like to pick on the computer with I hit all the time shouldn't be as accurate as I am with it.

When I go deep, it's a bad throw every once in a while.

Eaglesfan27 01-20-2016 03:48 PM

I just went 20 of 24 with Colvin and I threw some 25 yard passes. 3 of my incompletions were due to drops. So, yes, I'm completely in favor of dropping QB accuracy in both leagues.

CU Tiger 01-20-2016 04:09 PM

IRL the Top 10 college QBs were all over 67% completion.
And the Top 25 were all over 64%

The top QB in the nation was 73%.

I think its a fairly accurate representation of real life.

I get that you want more of a challenge an it is something you have longed for for a while. However a decade in we should all be near the Top as we are) and as such our stats reflect that.

Ive played with that slider, and let me just say it wont do what you think it will.

Im not very passionate either way about the decision. But to me it feels like EF is a outlier and a rule change would be just to hurt him, but he seems good with it so...

CU Tiger 01-20-2016 04:10 PM

Side note, I feel and have felt for a while that Kodo wants FOF and - thereby NFL - stat distributions in this college sim.

The college game doenst and shouldnt look like the NFL

Eaglesfan27 01-20-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3078861)
IRL the Top 10 college QBs were all over 67% completion.
And the Top 25 were all over 64%

The top QB in the nation was 73%.

I think its a fairly accurate representation of real life.

I get that you want more of a challenge an it is something you have longed for for a while. However a decade in we should all be near the Top as we are) and as such our stats reflect that.

Ive played with that slider, and let me just say it wont do what you think it will.

Im not very passionate either way about the decision. But to me it feels like EF is a outlier and a rule change would be just to hurt him, but he seems good with it so...

Unless, it is lowered a LOT, I don't see it having much effect on my passing system. I'm also fine with leaving it as is :)

Kodos 01-20-2016 08:13 PM

Believe it or not, I wasn't targeting this rule at EF. Human completion percentages overall just seemed high to me.

Kodos 01-20-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3078861)

So what will it do? :)

CU Tiger 01-21-2016 09:52 AM

You will complete the same number of passes your misses will be intercepted more

Kodos 01-21-2016 11:36 AM

Is there anything on defense that we can adjust that would have a better effect?

Julio Riddols 01-21-2016 11:38 AM

It would be frustrating, but you could just make WRs drop more passes.

Kodos 01-21-2016 12:05 PM

That would be frustrating, yes. And I'd hate to have randomness possibly decide a big user matchup. Can we make defenses play better?

CU Tiger 01-21-2016 04:12 PM

Im out of town and cant see the game to refresh my memory but there is a slider that will make WR get open less. It will essentially end all passing over the middle if cranked up.

CU Tiger 01-31-2016 05:17 PM

I have changed my opinion about this.

I would be in favor of some change to accuracy sliders to both teams.

Ive also played with it a bit this weekend and think it WOULD help.

I would like to see the CPU accuracy turned down a notch as well and if Intentional Grounding is set to 0 I think it should be tweaked up to 10. This is a longer and more convoluted issue. How many times have you called a blitz and the CPU throws the ball into the stands immediately? This is why, there is no IG call so they can. However Ive been playing around with it at 10 and the QB will take off scrambling instead of tossing it in the stands and sometimes they make you pay and sometimes it is a sack.

Anyway...just my thoughts.

Kodos 02-01-2016 11:34 AM

Huh. I could get behind that. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Grammaticus 02-01-2016 03:00 PM

Fine with me. Not much difference down to 10. Then 5 is frustratingly bad in the other direction. Im fine with anything down to 10.

Eaglesfan27 02-01-2016 03:13 PM

I'm fine with those adjustments.

Kodos 02-02-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU Tiger (Post 3080914)
I have changed my opinion about this.

I would be in favor of some change to accuracy sliders to both teams.

Ive also played with it a bit this weekend and think it WOULD help.

I would like to see the CPU accuracy turned down a notch as well and if Intentional Grounding is set to 0 I think it should be tweaked up to 10. This is a longer and more convoluted issue. How many times have you called a blitz and the CPU throws the ball into the stands immediately? This is why, there is no IG call so they can. However Ive been playing around with it at 10 and the QB will take off scrambling instead of tossing it in the stands and sometimes they make you pay and sometimes it is a sack.

Anyway...just my thoughts.

Intentional grounding has been at 50. In fact, everything on the game rules screen is set at 50. I have adjusted it to 10.

User QB accuracy has been adjusted down to 25 from 30.

CPU QB accuracy has also been adjusted down to 25 from 30.

Quarter length has been adjusted from 8 minutes down to 7.